Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? (36048 Views)

Release Of Fluid While Sleeping, Does It Signifies You Have A Spiritual Wife. / .. / Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Some needs your help, here goes her story

I have experienced this for uncountable number of times. each time, i try to move to no avail, i also try to say jesus! but i end up sayin je je je je and unable to complete it. since last year april, i neva experienced it and then, it happened yesterday night immediately i fell asleep. i even felt a presence behind me and the person held my hand. it got me thinking today. Could this be something to worry about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by ATMC(f): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
Its fear.

1 Like

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Heatblast(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
No need to worry, you're prolly too afraid and its making your mind play tricks on you. All you need to do is to remember that you control your mind, nothing else can.

"Its all in ur mind" - inurmind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Ozegbe(m): 12:22am On Jan 30, 2013
wooow....I have actually experience this many times....I have discovered that it happens when ever am afraid of something..
one thing you will also notice is that, it never happens when the lights are on.

but our scientist have long uncovered the mystery.....

read it at. http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740 or http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:57am On Jan 30, 2013
Its called sleep paralysis and its perfectly normal.

When you are asleep, you brain normally paralyzes all your muscles. This is so that when you dream, you don't start acting action film and punch or kick your wife/girlfriend sleeping beside you. This paralysis (called muscle hypotonia) is usually turned off as you wake up. Sometimes however, you might wake up while the paralysis is still on, making you feel that you can't move or that something is pressing you into the bed. It usually lasts just a few seconds and stops immediately you're stimulated, e.g. if someone touches you or if you hear a sound.

Because this experience can be scary for those who don't know what it is, the greedy, corrupt pastors have taken advantage of it to scare people and make them seek protection against the "evil spirits that are responsible".

But there are no evil spirits, it is perfectly normal, and it happens to everybody. So don't worry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

5 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by iebelieve(m): 2:48am On Jan 30, 2013
Evil Brain: Its called sleep paralysis and its perfectly normal.

When you are asleep, you brain normally paralyzes all your muscles. This is so that when you dream, you don't start acting action film and punch or kick your wife/girlfriend sleeping beside you. This paralysis (called muscle hypotonia) is usually turned off as you wake up. Sometimes however, you might wake up while the paralysis is still on, making you feel that you can't move or that something is pressing you into the bed. It usually lasts just a few seconds and stops immediately you're stimulated, e.g. if someone touches you or if you hear a sound.

Because this experience can be scary for those who don't know what it is, the greedy, corrupt pastors have taken advantage of it to scare people and make them seek protection against the "evil spirits that are responsible".

But there are no evil spirits, it is perfectly normal, and it happens to everybody. So don't worry.

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 4:06am On Jan 30, 2013
Ozegbe:
one thing you will also notice is that, it never happens when the lights are on.
No need to be superstitious. I've experienced sleep paralysis in broad daylight while observing an afternoon rest. It has nothing to do with darkness or the forces of evil.. ;-)

3 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 30, 2013
Ozegbe: wooow....I have actually experience this many times....I have discovered that it happens when ever am afraid of something..

but our scientist have long uncovered the mystery.....

read it at. http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740 or http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
she was not afraid of anything. she simply fell asleep like every normal day. This thing happens even when the lights are on sad
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 30, 2013
Heatblast: No need to worry, you're prolly too afraid and its making your mind play tricks on you. All you need to do is to remember that you control your mind, nothing else can.

she is not too afraid sad
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Ozegbe(m): 10:54am On Jan 30, 2013
sorry for my irrational conclusion....I never experienced it during day time..

@muskeeto I don't be believe in spirituality, that includes so called forces of evil

1 Like

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by enilove(m): 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
dominion247: I have experienced this for uncountable number of times. each time, i try to move to no avail, i also try to say jesus! but i end up sayin je je je je and unable to complete it. since last year april, i neva experienced it and then, it happened yesterday night immediately i fell asleep. i even felt a presence behind me and the person held my hand. it got me thinking today. Could this be something to worry about?

Are you a born again christian?Are you living a holy life. I need to know this quickly.
Pls be truthful.
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Joagbaje(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
dominion247: I have experienced this for uncountable number of times. each time, i try to move to no avail, i also try to say jesus! but i end up sayin je je je je and unable to complete it. since last year april, i neva experienced it and then, it happened yesterday night immediately i fell asleep. i even felt a presence behind me and the person held my hand. it got me thinking today. Could this be something to worry about?

It's a demonic oppression or witchcraft . Don't take it lightly. When you wake from such sleep rebuke it or get to a minister who is anointed for such to minister to you

2 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2013

Good evening,

I agree totally with the above assessment. I sometimes experience this paralysis though on very rare occassions and as a matter of fact I experienced it just last night.

But this is not to say that one can't experience some 'diabolical' attacks. In as much as I agree that a lot of people cry fowl when nothing is wrong with them, there are some specific circumstances that suggests the paranormal.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's a demonic oppression or witchcraft . Don't take it lightly. When you wake from such sleep rebuke it or get to a minister who is anointed for such to minister to you
And I'm guessing you got this info from the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Joagbaje(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
musKeeto:

Yes , from every passage in the bible where you where you find pressing in the night

1 Like

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by ATMC(f): 10:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
musKeeto:
Joagbaje:

Yes , from every passage in the bible where you where you find pressing in the night
jokers!
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by IZUKWU(m): 11:25am On Jan 31, 2013
Have experienced this, many times and have always seen it as demonic oppression. I have not experienced it at anytime, that spiritually am on fire but on my week moments . Never heard of this sleep paralysis before.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 31, 2013
enilove:

Are you a born again christian? Are you living a holy life. I need to know this quickly.
Pls be truthful.
yes i am born again and not living a sinful life. i can't say i am holy because only God is holy
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
i thank you all for your care and taking your time to explain things to me, this thing has been happening to her since she was little, especially if she sleeps alone and it happens mostly in the afternoon. I asked my mum and she said she used to experience it when she was young and that it is a witch pressing.I kind of doubt if it is witchcraft though. i don't want to believe a witch is after somebody
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
@ evil brain, i checked the site and found some answers. thanks cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by manmustwac(m): 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
Joagbaje a Pastor from ....... said this

Joagbaje:

Enilove a born again christian asked this

enilove:

Are you a born again christian?Are you living a holy life. I need to know this quickly.
Pls be truthful.

Evil Brain an atheist gave the best logical advice when he said this

And dominion247 who was happy with his advice said this

dominion247: @ evil brain, i checked the site and found some answers. thanks cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Dogohson: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
The problem I have with scientists is their attempt to give every phenomenon a scientific appendage. Colossians 2 : 8 warn us to beware of this. I've experienced night press on several occasion, but since I became spiritually alert such experience ceased. Night pressing is the work of the devil

9 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Joagbaje(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
Dogohson: The problem I have with scientists is their attempt to give every phenomenon a scientific appendage. Colossians 2 : 8 warn us to beware of this. I've experienced night press on several occasion, but since I became spiritually alert such experience ceased. Night pressing is the work of the devil

Beautiful . . .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
Dogohson: The problem I have with scientists is their attempt to give every phenomenon a scientific appendage. Colossians 2 : 8 warn us to beware of this. I've experienced night press on several occasion, but since I became spiritually alert such experience ceased. Night pressing is the work of the devil

Good evening Dogo,

I agree with you on some of the points you raised but some religious people have the tendency to attribute almost everything to the devil. Even when they trip over a stone, they attribute it to the devil.
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by vanbonattel: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2013

The problem I have with pastors and priests is that they attempt to give every simple occurence a religious appendage. Science warns us to beware of this. I experienced night press on many time in my teenage years and one day I summed up courage and challenged the spirit to dare me again, it stopped. Its in the mind and preys on our fears, not any stuupid-prank-playing-devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by true2god: 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
It is purely a spiritual problem\attack\manipulation. Thats y its important to pray psalm 91 & 35 before u sleep.

Man is exposed to all manners of spiritual manipulation while asleep. Thats y the powers that rule the earth are always active at night. No wonder spiritual battles can always be waged successfully at night when the powers of darkness are most active.

May God protect us frm unseen dangers.
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by ATMC(f): 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
dominion247: @ evil brain, i checked the site and found some answers. thanks cheesy
you are a realist! Now, what is d solution now dt you have found d answer...d bible says truth liberates, having recieved d truth, work on putting your body under control. When you are pressed, somehow this thing you 've known will trigger something in your consciousness and dt will put a stop to d trick played by your brain on you. Meanwhile before you sleep talk to your body, don't fear cos d things you fear many atimes are not real.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Joagbaje(m): 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
manmustwac: Joagbaje a Pastor from ....... said this

Why should you be giving the location of a poster ? You are breaking rules o. How will you feel if I call you FRANK and mention your house address .
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by ijawkid(m): 12:23am On Feb 01, 2013
too much push ups(bench press) could cause it.... grin grin grin grin grin grin.....
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by manmustwac(m): 12:38am On Feb 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

Why should you be giving the location of a poster ? You are breaking rules o. How will you feel if I call you ..... and mention your house address .
Oops! I thought it was an open secret that everybody knew you were from there. Na mistake o. How u know my name sef?
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by jcross19: 1:10am On Feb 01, 2013
Heatblast: No need to worry, you're prolly too afraid and its making your mind play tricks on you. All you need to do is to remember that you control your mind, nothing else can.

why can't you visit grave yard by 1 am and see if your mind is playing tricks on you or not . if you like believe it or not that never changer the existence of dark forces .THE OP THAT USE TO COME WHEN BLESSING IS COMING ON YOUR WAY BECAUSE THOSE DEMONS SEE TRACES OF BLESSING AROUND YOU THEY WILL TRY TO TAKE IT FROM YOU . YOU CAN CHECK YOUR LIFE, YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE NOT MAKING MUCH PROGRESS AND ALWAYS STAGNANCY IN IT AM SORRY TO SAY THIS , JUST BE PRAYERFUL .
Re: What Is Behind Getting Pressed While Sleeping? by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2013
ATMC: you are a realist! Now, what is d solution now dt you have found d answer...d bible says truth liberates, having recieved d truth, work on putting your body under control. When you are pressed, somehow this thing you 've known will trigger something in your consciousness and dt will put a stop to d trick played by your brain on you. Meanwhile before you sleep talk to your body, don't fear cos d things you fear many atimes are not real.
thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attacks: Apostle Suleman To Airlift Nigerians From South Africa / No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms / Christian Weapons Of Warfare (8 Powerful Weapons All Christians Must Use)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.