Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Casarina Taboo.......it's Always The Forbidden That Is Found Irresistable! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Casarina Taboo.......it's Always The Forbidden That Is Found Irresistable! (551 Views)

The Forbidden Fruit / The Forbidden Land...(a.k.a The Treasure) / Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Casarina Taboo.......it's Always The Forbidden That Is Found Irresistable! by JustinCee(m): 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
Casarina Taboo!
… Its always the forbidden fruit that is found irresistible!
[center]ABOUT THE BOOK[/center]

The book “Casarina” is inspired by the extravagant grace of God – how much His grace is sufficient for us and how we ought to take advantage of that grace. It lets us know that guilt only distracts us from the greater truth that His grace is sufficient for us. This is not another church book, it is a love story, exciting, just the way you love it.

Casarina is a sister, married to the Lord. She fell in love with a man called Mike, married to a wonderful woman with a son. A son she wished was hers. Love is magical; there is nothing more magical than the surprise of being loved. And when that sweet deceit sets in, the “in love” feeling takes over our heart, and we loose direction. Then it only takes a close tragedy to bring us back to our senses. It is all about Casarina, but more about His grace.

An Extract From The Book
He was my friend, she was his wife and they had a son. A son I wished was mine. And he was Mike – the terrible flirt. He was boyish in a rather charming way. And yet he was naive with his simple thoughts. On Sunday mornings, he was a saint, on weekdays, he was somebody else; someone no one knew of except me...

Early this year, I was drawn to the sight of a helpless man; he should be in his late thirties, who was finding it difficult to manage his little boy. “He is so much of a trouble,” he said out of frustration. I offered my help and there, the boy was taken care of. This happened in the church premises, after a Sunday service. But there was something eye catching about the father and son. It's the way they both look alike. The eyes, the nose, the ears, the fingers and just name it. And did I mention the lips? They were simply identical! I'm sure that's exactly the way the father had looked when he was a baby. Do not blame me if I found these resemblance rather too charming. It even made me wish I were the mother of the baby. Admitted he was a lot of trouble to handle, and he wouldn't eat, plus that he was a playful little dear. But isn't it charming to know he got all of those from his father. He Mike confessed to have been a troublesome and playful baby. I never saw so much resemblance in my life. It was both inward and outward. I couldn't help imagining what my own life would be if there was another Angelina. For although his name was Preston, I called him the second Mike. More like ‘The little Mike’...

I was in for a shock. A shock that kept me repeating “This is madness”

I am Prince Obiefula, a poet and a writer. This is just one of such of my books, very captivating and educating. Now I want to publish. Who knows how?

(1) (Reply)

Grieving Son. / He Has A Book That Will Sell Wonders And Give †ђξ Publishers Lots Of Money / Life And Living: Are They One And The Same?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.