Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

My Sister In Law Slapped Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister In Law Slapped Me (20997 Views)

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! / Husband Slapped Me Over An Argument / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by busolayemi: 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
I need suggestions as pa wat colours to use for ma trad weddin...any idea pls
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by whitefairy(f): 11:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
Babe u yab! Whaaaaaaaat!ur sis in law slap u twice u dey look,abeg u f:uck up big time.som1 u shud hav given d beating of her life,afta dat cari her go t-junction go give her beta community cleansing by flogging her 41 strokes,u com here com dey complain,abegi!
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Op, are you married to your husband alone or you are married into the family?
I guess you are a potential mother in law and a mother is always a mother more especially if she has a son. Now, you are depriving her of the love of his SON by owning him all to your self.

We men tend to look after our parent especially our mothers when we are still single but when married, the support to family naturally slow down. Are you blocking the little flow to mama?

Are you applying the western method of marriage in your home against the overwhelming traditional mindset of the average African woman like your mother in-law?

Make her believe she is in control by doing those things her son use to do for her when he was still single all by yourself. The reason why they are fighting and stealing from you is because they believe you are sitting and squandering their SON's money whereas you might actually be earning your money.

Tomorrow might be your turn to be a mother in-law but what puzzles me is how come majority of mothers-in-law is general term evil by their supposedly daughters-in-law nowadays?
Can't you female folks hold a meeting and thrash this re-occurring problematic problem?

1 Like

Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:32am On Feb 01, 2013
happynwa:
The best is to create ur bond btw urself nd ur inlaws. what i mean by dat is dat they will cont to come visit u as long as u re married to deir brother, but as soon as u hear or see dem around take all ur important belongings including ur property receipt nd kip safe, wit dat she or they will knw dat u re nw wise enough to handle ur property.

This your suggestion is kinda funny sha; for how long will she keep hiding her things?

Too much eye service and trying to please people inorder to be in their so called "good books" lead to the situation the poster is in right now.

Na your husband I blame; na him cause all these katakata. These wouldn't have happened if he had laid out the rules of conduct on how his people should behave to his "immediate family". Yep I said it-immediate family because father, mother and siblings have become "extended family" once he starts a family.

My mother told my brother that the success of his marriage to his wife lies in his hands.
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:43am On Feb 01, 2013
pattybf:

next time, if you don't have any advice for matters of this nature, pls i suggest u just respect urself rather than typing nonsense.

do you expect her to belittle herself by begging a thief and a complete manner-less idiot for friendship.

this is why i disassociated myself from one of my very close friend,after she got married, she was trying to act a "saint Theresa" being good to all her in-laws,opens her doors for them and even allowed them to her pot,each time i advice her, she would say it doesn't matter but what happened before one year, this same in-laws began to take advantage of her weakness and eventually connived with their brother and my dear friend was thrown out of her matrimonial home after she received public embarrassment.

in my own case, i told my hubby i would never live with an in-law,when they tried it by sending one of his brother who just finished his nysc, my hubby didn't let the matter get to me before he said no to them.

when they realized i didn't know anything about the matter, their first daughter(younger to my hubby bt older to me,who is also a divorcee) called me demanding i let the guy stay accusing me of being responsible for her brother's refusal.i referred her back to my hubby but she got furious and began to insult me, i instantly gave it to her back, she threatened to come and beat me up.that same day i went to report at the nearest police station since my hubby was not in town, on my way back i bought an acid waiting the day she would come which she never did.

i advice every woman not to take nonsense from your in-laws especially if you are married to the igbos, let both your inlaws and hubby know you from the very beginning, don't sell ur rights and think u can get it back latter.

it boils my blood to hear things like this.

Mrs, you no get rival!
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 01, 2013
alakori:

I got the gold back from her. When she slapped me and my husband got there he wanted to beat her up but I begged him not to. I did this because tempers were raised, it was the mother that egged her on and I felt if he started to beat her it would degenerate into a fight between him and his Mom and I did not want that.

That being said, I have also informed my husband that I would not welcome her into my home anymore and we seem to have agreed on that.

The problem is that we are due to go to his place soon. The girl makes it a point of duty to greet me, emphasizing my first name. When I do not answer she and her Mum begin to quarell with me. I really feel the problem is with my mother-in-law who eggs are on, as per, if the mom is not around and she greets me with my first name and I ignore her, she go just waka pass. But if the Mom is around she will raise her voice shouting 'is it not you I am greeting'. From there the Mum will join in and shouting match

Your own big.....o.So na your first name abi make dem dey call you aunty be your problem?I was thinking your fuse was with the stealing and slapping.You must be one of this modern day tiny leg girls that was fortunate to get married.In most Nigerian cultures no matter how old your sister-inlaws or Brother-inlaws maybe younger to you U have to greet them no matter what and not the other way round.Your submission tends to make you look alittle bit innocent but i can stake my head you are not totally innocent because you did'nt tell us the whole story.Ignore the your trouble making inlaws not by keeping malice but keeping them at arms length.Dont mind if she calls you your name because i have never seen GTBank give money to one because of greetings or being called aunty or uncle
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 01, 2013
Ujujoan:

No you are not being unreasonable . . .
That girl is very disrespectful and a big thief!
However, you can't force her to call you 'aunt'.
But next time she dares to raise her hands on you, lock her up for assault!

Lock your sister-in-law up for assault? That's if you don't value your home and your husband. Its things like this that makes them deal with you if your husband dies.
Instead talk to your husband to confront his sister. Your going there to confront her wasn't even proper. Your husband is the link to his family. You can't handle his sister better than he can. If you love and value your home, always be at peace with your in-laws and let your husband do the fighting on your behalf. You stay out of it
You want to send your sister in law to Jail and you expect to still sleep peacefully in your husband's house. What a joke!
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by Nadoson: 7:07am On Feb 01, 2013
alakori: Please nairalanders I need your advice. I am married to a man who is the first son of seven. I am older than all his siblings. One of his sisters was a frequent visitor to our home. I feel I did my best to make her feel at home. For instance I never asked her to do any house work to help me because I feel it is my home and I would do my house work anyway even if she was not around. I allowed her complete freedom in the kitchen to dish her own food and eat whatever she wanted.

Three years ago when she came on vacation she stole some of my gold jewelry. When I saw it with her she denied that it was not mine. Later she insisted that I must have forgotten it in her parents house the last time we came on vacation which I know fully well was not true as the gold disappeared from underneath my bed.

Last year again she came to visit and some more jewelry disappeared. We were moving house at the time and in all the confusion she packed quite a substantial number. [I sell gold].

I went to their house to confront her about it and we started to exchange words. I called her a thief. Her mother ( my mother-in-law) asked her to deal with me and she slapped me twice. I did not retaliate.

During the peace making process, I gave a condition for which I would forgive. I said she would not call me by my first name any longer. I am seven years older than her. My mother in law jumped up, shouting and saying I had no right to demand that. They are Ibo. The girl is the first daughter of the family.

Well since then if the girl calls me by my first name I do not answer her. If her mother is there at the time, a quarell ensures as she will accuse me of keeping malice. Now people are advising me to let go and accept this girl calling me by my first name for the sake of peace.

Am I being unreasonable?
Madam, Aunt, i hav a litl qeustn 2 ask u. What was d name givin 2 u wen u were born? If Aunty, daa, mummy, sister den dnt take dem in but if a name minus title lik aunty, den 4gt it.
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 01, 2013
Pele OP. I would have started with blaming you for crossing tribes to marry, giving too much liberty to this girl from the beginning and even being too familiar with your erratic in-laws. Now that is water under the bridge. Next step is to reduce your familiarity with them; no more visiting them on vacation( yeah, best thing), if your path ever crosses with your sister in-law greet her first and don't wait for the reply, avoid seeing your mother in-law too( she is indeed the drama queen) and all will be well.

Still why would you marry the first(son) of seven children from an Igbo family? Don't you know you have married the DADDY of that family niyen? Once the drama of respect has calmed, be prepared for another dimension entirely. You better buckle up.
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by olekubaby: 8:35am On Feb 01, 2013
My dear sister, one thing i noticed we women do at the start of our relationship is permmiting/allowing what we should reject outrightly because we want to be accepted. i will say forget abt the name calling/adding aunty or mama(your child) name) beat her at her game and be extra nice to her.Any time she greets you, answer by saying MY DARLING SIs how are you, by so doing you checkmate her unruly behaviour. full stop. Your hubby will later commend you on your matured behavior. Marriage has different stages and diff experiences, the way you handle them has to do with the people involved. FOR STEALING,get a reliable safe to keep your jewelry. underbed is not ideal. God bless you as u make amend to work out your relationship with your inlaws. It wont be nice to be at logger heads with any of them.
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by drnoel: 8:43am On Feb 01, 2013
LastApostle:
If I cannot hit my wife,then I will never hit my sister because of her. I won't even side any of them during heated argument or whatever. I will try to remain neutral as ever becoming a peace advisor and negotiator.
But all in all, I will employ sanction instead of violence means to set scores with my sister.
That would only work if u, ur wife and ur sister (even if she is the ada) are within the same age bracket. Since that is not the case, since ur wife is even 7 years older than ur own sister. It changes a lot of things especially when ur sister has been taking things belonging to your wife without asking (if u notice I thing want to call it stealing although that is what she did).
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by bukatyne(f): 9:05am On Feb 01, 2013
LastApostle: Op, are you married to your husband alone or you are married into the family?
I guess you are a potential mother in law and a mother is always a mother more especially if she has a son. Now, you are depriving her of the love of his SON by owning him all to your self.

We men tend to look after our parent especially our mothers when we are still single but when married, the support to family naturally slow down. Are you blocking the little flow to mama?

Are you applying the western method of marriage in your home against the overwhelming traditional mindset of the average African woman like your mother in-law?

Make her believe she is in control by doing those things her son use to do for her when he was still single all by yourself. The reason why they are fighting and stealing from you is because they believe you are sitting and squandering their SON's money whereas you might actually be earning your money.

Tomorrow might be your turn to be a mother in-law but what puzzles me is how come majority of mothers-in-law is general term evil by their supposedly daughters-in-law nowadays?
Can't you female folks hold a meeting and thrash this re-occurring problematic problem?
A mother that is not interested in letting her son be should as well marry him. Do you know that a lot of these MILs have daughters? How many of them that trouble their sons' wives trouble their daughters' husbands? Were the daughters not helping the mothers b/4 they married? When most mothers transferred the love they should feel for their husbands to their sons, why won't they start competing with their sons' wives? How many FILs disturb their DILs? The DIL should make the MIL feel in control of what? where?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by daliki: 11:51am On Feb 01, 2013
Hmmm...wonders( will never end. Regardless of culture,yoruba or Igbo, any woman who marries one's elder brother must be accorded d respect u do that brother! For Christ's sake, where r we throwing culture? Not to even talk of a dashing "7year" age gap! Crap! M sure that in the 1st place ur husband's family ddnt want him to marry a non-igbo woman,hence d "ill-treating" from d MIL/SIL.
But OP, not to worry,2 wrongs dnt make a right,if she decides to call u by name and her brother does not deem it fit to reprimand her,just take it as it is: greet her&let it not bother u d way she addresses u(she's a potential wife soonest too)a 100fold of what she does to u will be meted out to her by her own in-laws too!! D law of Karma!
Most importantly, speak wth ur husband and make mutual decisions as to how to relate and handle his family. Under d culture,ur SIL should NEVER hit u,neither should ur husband hit his sister because of u, but as man and wife, u should register ur displeasure within d family over what d girl did& work towards its "not recurring". D onus lies on ur husband to stamp his feet as to how his wife should be related to!
Does she go into ur bedroom or how does she have access to ur goods4sale?? Ur bedroom is strictly for u and ur hub and I don't think securing it should be an offence!!
Ur MIL should know that this daughter of hers goes into a man's house someday to occupy a position like urs in their family and how ill she feel if she's treated d way they are doing u!
Need I say mo'
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by thimbook2(m): 1:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
@Alakori
U're perfectly right
Bitchslap da ho; weight 4her 2come around when yo man aint home [cos i suspect he so gay he acting like a dickless fool]; wait fo him to be out, then pick a fight &beat up tha biatch so bad she walk with a limp...that'd teach tha thievin ho
ahm sorry, cali chiqs aint big on therapy, if it was here, that bitch's ahss'd be fried!
Re: My Sister In Law Slapped Me by jaydude(f): 12:55am On Feb 24, 2013
Geomac: You got two slaps from your SIL and you did not do anything? You should have slapped her 3 times. Was your husband there when she slapped you or he came after you have been awarded two resounding slaps? Anyway, it can not happen to my wife.

You are a MAN!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Time To Remember Our Old Fellow Nairalanders / Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying / My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.