Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Slapped Me! (17669 Views)

My Sister In Law Slapped Me / Husband Slapped Me Over An Argument / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by jessybarbie(f): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2014
Before now, I have already made up my mind not to have anything to do with any man that lays his hand on me and he knows this. I have being dating him for two years now and just in the middle of a big quarrel two days ago he slapped me. I reacted immediately and hit him as much as I could but he did not retaliate but felt really bad and started begging me immediately to forgive him.

I have sworn to him that it is over between us. He is begging, pleading, crying, asking our friends to intercede and loads of other stuffs that I can not put down here just to have me at least forgive him and be his friend again but I have declined because I believe that this can happen again.

I want to know if there is a way that it can work again between us? We have gotten to a stage that we are more than just bf and gf. We had great plans for the future if things turns out well but this singular act have altered everything and we are both hurting.

Is there any way to remedy this relationship or is it truly over forever?

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2014
All these people looking for faceless people to back them up sef....

You intend to forgive him and go back to him you have made that choice before opening this thread so why bother us by asking?

23 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by nedu2000(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2014
just a single slap means it was spontaneous and doesn't label him a woman beater ,u know u girls have really sharp tongues,he got furious no big deal

11 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by angela98(f): 11:43am On Jul 20, 2014
If your boyfriend slaps you its a sign of an aggressive, abusive man. You never marry am he slaps u like that. What will happen if he marries you, of course he will knife you. I wonder what you are still doing with the guy. Please walk out of that relationship fast. He doesn't deserve you. He is a loser. Its a loser that hits a woman period. cool

11 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by PassingShot(m): 11:48am On Jul 20, 2014
angela98: If your boyfriend slaps you its a sign of an aggressive, abusive man. You never marry am he slaps u like that. What will happen if he marries you, of course he will knife you. I wonder what you are still doing with the guy. Please walk out that relationship fast. He doesn't deserve you. He is a loser. Its a loser that hits a woman period. cool

But when a woman beats a man, she is waht? Waiting for your answer.

@OP, it depends. If he's truly remorseful forgive him and let him know that should be the last time to do it.

If you leave him for another man who eventually slaps you one day, will you walk away from him as well?

14 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2014
angela98: If your boyfriend slaps you its a sign of an aggressive, abusive man. You never marry am he slaps u like that. What will happen if he marries you, of course he will knife you. I wonder what you are still doing with the guy. Please walk out that relationship fast. He doesn't deserve you. He is a loser. Its a loser that hits a woman period. cool
You really think she will agree with you? From the OP, she is going back to him

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Randy100: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2014
You said you hit back at him that doesnt make u an angel but a man beater. 2 of u are guilty.

20 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by krazydave(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2014
You want my advice??..
RuN!!!

That "singular" act can always turn "plural".
A lion can only pretend to be a goat to just a blind man::.. He might cry, and roll, and scream out his lungs that he is sorry.... But my dear; one will always add up to two.....
#so, if your going back to him... Be prepared to receice more "singular" slaps backed with romantic appologies!
#ma_opInIon

8 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by jessybarbie(f): 11:57am On Jul 20, 2014
Mynd44:
You really think she will agree with you? From the OP, she is going back to him

I have not said am going back to him, I just want to get every side of this right and so that my last decision will be the right one.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2014

See hypocrites.... welcome madam!!! Did you miss the part where she slapped him back and even did more?

Here::::::
jessybarbie: I reacted immediately and hit him as much as I could but he did not retaliate but felt really bad and started begging me immediately to forgive him.

I guess she too is not a wife material herself tongue tongue

@Op.... truth be told you have retaliated back and that makes both of you equally guilty of whatever violence that went down that day.

If you said because a man slapped you and you decided to retaliate and he wasn't even comfortable enough to continue in the silly "cat-fight" then you both need counselling on anger management.

So you will be breaking up with everyone who slapped you?
Get a good counsel and give each other a second shot.

By the way what did u do or say to him to get a slap after two whole years of non violence?

29 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2014
He isn't a gentleman... he has just been pretending all this while. When men fight their fellow selves, the scene is always catastrophic, .. But when the fight is btw two opposite sex....the scene my friend is always scary(cos the probability that the someone might die is 98.2%). Am the kind of gentleman you need in your life, i never hit females...

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by angela98(f): 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
RoyalRoy:

See hypocrites.... welcome madam!!! Did you miss the part where she slapped him back and even did more?

I guess she is even not a wife material herself tongue tongue
women have soft hands they dont slap a man aggressively they give men a sexy slap..ha ha ha. Joke apart. Even if she slaps him, as a man he wouldn't have retaliated. He is suppose to calm her

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
angela98: women have soft hands they dont slap a man aggressively they give men a sexy slap..ha ha ha. Joke apart. Even if he slaps him, as a man he wouldn't have retaliated. He is suppose to calm her
Eh? Which kin paradox be this one?

If she slaps him he is supposed to calm her down and yet why did she not calm down when he slapped her?

Say no to gender inequality

17 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
angela98: women have soft hands they dont slap a man aggressively they give men a sexy slap..ha ha ha. Joke apart. Even if he slaps him, as a man he wouldn't have retaliated. He is suppose to calm her
Indeed.

I laugh in my Calabar dialect

****grin ofurum-gbam-gbam-ndok grin ***

I believe violence should have no place in a relationship whatsoever. The only violence I recommend is against rats and cockroaches encroaching in your territory

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
@jessybarbie,
Abusive relationships are not to be taken lightly.
Walk out now, while you still can...

The LORD is your strength.

I Got Flowers Today

I got flowers today.
It wasn't my birthday or any other special day.
We had our first argument last night,
And he said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me.
I know he is sorry and didn't mean the things he said.
Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today.
It wasn't our anniversary any other special day.
Last night, he threw me into a wall and started to
choke me.
It seemed like a nightmare.
I couldn't believe it was real.
I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over.
I know he must be sorry.

I got flowers today,
and it wasn't Mother's Day or any other special day.
Last night, he beat me up again.
And it was much worse than all the other times.
If I leave him, what will I do?
How will I take care of my kids?
What about money?
I'm afraid of him and scared to leave.
But I know he must be sorry.

I got flowers today.
Today was a very special day.
It was the day of my funeral.
Last night, he finally killed me.
He beat me to death.
If only I had gathered enough courage and strength to
leave him,
I would not have gotten flowers...today.

By Paulette Kelly

[url]graceofjesus.com/flowers.html[/url]

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by zeb04(f): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
It alwys start with a slap....very soon you wld have a boxing ring in that house

Frankly speaking he won't stop. The next time you get into an argument,it wld just come naturally to him. The decision is yours.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Danrizzle: He isn't a gentleman... he has just been pretending all this while. When men fight their fellow selves, the scene is always catastrophic, .. But when the fight is btw two opposite sex....the scene my friend is always scary(cos the probability that the female might die is 98.2%). Am the kind of gentleman you need in your life, i never hit females...

Bad Sharp Guy grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
theLORDreigns: @jessybarbie,
Abusive relationships are not to be taken lightly.
Walk out now, while you still can...

The LORD is your strength.

Walk out and go where? She is also abusive. You want her to go to a non abusive man and make his life miserable? No

abeg the two of you are the perfect match. Heaven made soulmates

10 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Bad Sharp Guy grin grin grin
He sees opportunity at every turn
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Is it also okay to kick a woman who slaps a man to the curb the first and only time she does such? Waiting for answers o!
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Eisenhower(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
RoyalRoy: Is it also okay to kick a woman who slaps a man to the curb the first and only time she does such? Waiting for answers o!
More like is it okay to hit a woman back is she slaps him (like the OP did)?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
Since you wouldn't say what led to the heated argument,let me remind you that there are always 3sides to an issue,your version,his version and the truth

meanwhile,the fact still remains that you know him more than we do,hence the final decision lies with you

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
jessybarbie: I reacted immediately and hit him as much as I could but he did not retaliate but felt really bad and started begging me immediately to forgive him.

A man slaps a woman once after two years of courtship... he is a devil embryo.... a woman slaps a man first then the man should sit back , put her on his laps and calm her down!!!

Hehehehe.... simple rules of gender equity

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mynd44:

hehehe... equation balanced.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mynd44:
Walk out and go where? She is also abusive. You want her to go to a non abusive man and make his life miserable? No

Strictly,abso-fucking-lutely wikid grin
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mynd44:
Walk out and go where?

Where she goes is secondary... right now, the smart thing to do is to walk out.

She is also abusive.

She isn't, it was self-defence.

You want her to go to a non abusive man and make his life miserable? No

She isn't the abusive type...

Lol...stop being sarcastic!

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
RoyalRoy: A man slaps a woman once
after two years of courtship... he is a devil embryo.... a woman slaps a
man first then the man should sit back , put her on his laps and calm
her down!!!

Hehehehe.... simple rules of gender equity

Atleast give 'em gender equality/feminism activists the time to get here,they are stuck in traffic grin
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
Oga mynd44,abeg take to frontpage,abeg
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Danhumprey: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
If every girl/lady has a mindset like yours,I doubt if relationship/marriage will exist. Just because of a sponataneous slap,which he even apologise for,she should quit the relationship,eh??

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
RoyalRoy:

hehehe... equation balanced.
Mynd44:

See them wikid people. Lmao, but seriously am waiting for the feminists to come twist this story.

Op tell us what you did to him first. It might actually be something worth two slaps not the one he gave you.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Where she goes is secondary... right now, the smart thing to do is to walk out.

She isn't, it was self-defence.

She isn't the abusive type...

Lol...stop being sarcastic!

Are you her lawyer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? / CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.