Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? (20399 Views)

Name The Worst Cartoon Ever / Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children / Have You Guys Watch Back From America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
tplacid:

If you understand Naruto very well you will understand what Kishi is trying to portray. Abraham gave birth to Isaac and Ishmael (one is the ancestor of the Arabs whilst the other is an ancestor of the jews) and it has been foretold in the scriptures(I.e the Bible and the Qu'ran) that Jesus will return to save humanity from the hands of the Anti-christ/da-jjal once and for all. Sage of the six path in the naruverse represents Abraham while the Senji and the Uzumaki clan represent the Arabs and the Jews respectively. Naruto no doubt represents the coming of the saviour of Humanity(I.e Jesus) who is a member of the senju clan(Jesus is Jew). Kishi took inspirations from the Abrahamavic religions no doubt but not everybody can see it.

Ummm... Bro u are wrong there, its not senju and uzumaki, rather senju and uchiha
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
please.. We have an anime group on facebook called naijagakure.. If any of you care to join,just add me on facebook so that i can add you to the group
my facebook username is... Ifeanyi iyfe namikaze uwasomba
*ttebayo*
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kaycee093(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
I dey watch all of them jor...whether for kids or not cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kassimizzy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
cnwamo:

Naruto is damn too interesting
God Bless Masashi Kishimoto grin
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by rapmike(m): 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
for those criticizing naruto.. anytime i watch naruto..guess wat i see...NAIJA* (in some aspects)
anytime i remember the AME orphans(nagato, konan and yahiko) i remember Niger-delta with the oil companies and the government destroying the lives of ppl for oil( just like how the great nations used Hidden rain to fight their wars, destroying the ppl lives), the frustrations experienced by nagato and co is liken to wat some guys must have felt wen they saw their lands being destroyed by oil companies. i also see akatuski as a parallel comparision with BOKO HARAM( trying to bringing everyone to a particular religion/way of living), there are other parallels, but the key point is that, naruto is more than just a cartoon, it carries a philosophy around it
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Konsult07(m): 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
Hi guyz pls whr can i get naruto shipuden
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by teemy(m): 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
Do you know that those who complain about cartoons as such do not complain as such if they see you watching Tom and Jerry. The main thing they have afflicting them is the fact that how is it possible to have someone captivated by what they feel should be just child entertainment. What they do not see is that for an adult to keep the continuity, it really 'must' be that interesting more than their African Magic (apologies if you are offended but I stand by the truth) low level directed movies.

Once they finally are 'exposed' to it they tend to shock even you. There is this guy I met during service that had a biased opinion at first but once I opened his eyes he seeemed not to know that we were at work anymore and that would be his daily assignment from morning till evening.

Next point, the makers are not kids and so they only use these low production cost means to dole out interesting story lines to whoever is their target audience. The industry is BIG. In Japan the whole family sits at attention trying to watch One Piece the same way we watch Super Story here. If you think they are being childish all, then I prefer to be called childish watching animes and produce the best technologicaly advanced gadgets in the world than complaining and being the end consumers of these anime watchers.

Big Point - Some of these critics can't even comprehend the wisdom and messages animes pass across - dare them.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Lucario007(m): 8:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
There's a diff. Cartoons are stuff like Scooby doo and Tom and Jerry. Naruto is not a cartoon. it is an epic badas*s anime!!
Animes are not cartoons, and if you don't know the difference go and ask google! undecided cool cool cool

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by TLore(m): 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
OP, who are you to judge?

If you see a man watching Barney and Friends, you'll think he is mad, but if he is watching an adult movie, then he is a correct man. Why must we have the mentality that anything animated is for kids? If that's so, then stop playing games, or don't watch animated movies.

Anyway, one man's meat is another man's shaki.

9JA PPL with me, watch One Piece. E toh bad!
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by iamtochai: 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
Well Ƒδя M̶̲̥̅Ƹ ¶ ℓô√e cartoons, I̶̲̥̅̊t helps M̶̲̥̅Ƹ relax and ¶ A̶̲̥̅♏ die hard Naruto fan. And ¶ ЂA̶̲̥̅̊vε̲̣ learnt a lot from I̶̲̥̅̊t. "¶ will never give up till ¶ become the̶̲̥̅̊ Hokage, and ¶ don't ģφ back on ♍ƺ words cos that's ♍ƺ Ninja way" dattebayo
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by MadCow1: 12:08am On Feb 04, 2013
@ OP

I will suggest you start your anime quest with DEATH NOTE. If it does not blow your mind from an intellectual angle, then I guess anime is not for you.

I am a keen follower of Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Bleach and recently Gundam.

Animes are not for kids, so also are certain animations like Southpark, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show, Boondocks, e.t.c.

Open your mind is all I can say, the notion that animations are for kids is just straight up dumb.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 1:35am On Feb 04, 2013
TLore: OP, who are you to judge?

If you see a man watching Barney and Friends, you'll think he is mad, but if he is watching an adult movie, then he is a correct man. Why must we have the mentality that anything animated is for kids? If that's so, then stop playing games, or don't watch animated movies.

Anyway, one man's meat is another man's shaki.

9JA PPL with me, watch One Piece. E toh bad!

one piece is da ish . mugiwara luffy on point
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Pankaj1106(m): 6:16am On Feb 04, 2013
Because they are full of enjoyment and fun...I never feel bored when I watch them..
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by akin101: 7:54am On Feb 04, 2013
I f*$king love Naruto Anime
Naruto Rules Simple.....
Awesome story line
Crazy twist
its simply da greatest
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kurtisA(m): 8:17am On Feb 04, 2013
Am yet to see a dude that started watching naruto the anime series and stoped, the storyline is captivating and portrays a form of distraction an ordinary movie series can't, going back to the history of Japanese anime series, some series are so old even grandfathers read em. Finally am a mangakor till I die. guys make una watch full metal alchemist brotherhood!!!

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by akpobone: 9:27am On Feb 04, 2013
Bawss1: The real question should be why do some people have a problem with guys watching animes and cartoons? It should be obvious to everyone by now that there are cartoons designed specifically for children and toddlers, those for the whole family and those for adults. It is one of the many forms of entertainment out there. The only limitations one encounters with this type of entertainment are those of the artist's imagination. The reasons why I watch cartoons range from the beauty of the art form to their captivating storylines.

word
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by decepticos(m): 11:11am On Feb 04, 2013
Full metal alchemist; alphonso elric and his brother, the seven deadly sins personified,e.t.c
Naruto; in one word awesome, the most painfull event was yahiko under pains controll killed jiraya, the next was Asumas death. what do u guys think of the biju mode.
Bleach; ichigo lost his shinigami reiatsu, i stopped wia he teamed up with some odd bunch since soul society was far off.
Fairy tail; Natsu, ezra and gray the super wizard team oh sorry i just remembered lucy. The strongest is Gildarts or so they say. stopped were the dark wizard was found on the fairy tail island, cant get his name again.
Trigun; amazingly funny gunslinger
Claymore; i felt i wazted money to get the dvd but it seems to have a great hype online, i am not a fan of strong women though i appreciate them (sword and all).
Dragonball Z: when Goku died of an illness i was unhappy i was like y not piccollo, and the funny issue of them turning into a super monster on a full moon unless their tail is cut off. saiyans are what they are called. cant forget the ease with which he learnt the kami ha mey ha.
ok thats anime for me though i just came accross Fung wa (wind and cloud)
Samurai X; unforgettable the battousai, smilling killers.
Despicable me
Danger mouse
Tom and jerry
Afro samurai ressurection
The Boondocks
Samurai sumo.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by akin101: 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
decepticos: Full metal alchemist; alphonso elric and his brother, the seven deadly sins personified,e.t.c
Naruto; in one word awesome, the most painfull event was yahiko under pains controll killed jiraya, the next was Asumas death. what do u guys think of the biju mode.
Bleach; ichigo lost his shinigami reiatsu, i stopped wia he teamed up with some odd bunch since soul society was far off.
Fairy tail; Natsu, ezra and gray the super wizard team oh sorry i just remembered lucy. The strongest is Gildarts or so they say. stopped were the dark wizard was found on the fairy tail island, cant get his name again.
Trigun; amazingly funny gunslinger
Claymore; i felt i wazted money to get the dvd but it seems to have a great hype online, i am not a fan of strong women though i appreciate them sword and)onball Z: when Goku died of an illness i was unhappy i was like y not piccollo, and the funny issue of them turning into a super monster on a full moon unless their tail is cut off. saiyans are what they are called. cant forget the ease with which he learnt the kami ha mey ha.
ok thats anime for me though i just came accross Fung wa (wind and cloud)
Samurai X; unforgettable the battousai, smilling killers.
Despicable me
Danger mouse
Tom and jerry
Afro samurai ressurection
The Boondocks
Samurai sumo.

GUY CLAYMORE IS A BAD ASS CLASSIC, ITS SO PAINFUL I HAVE TO WAIT EVERY MONTH FOR A NEW ONE
DAMN
BAD ASS CHICKS tongue
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by osram(m): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
Vivaciousnj: It ROCKS to hang out wit such dudes!!
badt gal
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Bawss1(m): 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
I just downloaded the complete first season and the available 7 episodes from season 2 of Young Justice. Exceedingly interesting.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by TLore(m): 3:27am On Feb 05, 2013
Make we join heads make our own 9ja version na!

But that seems far off... cry
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by missionma(m): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2013
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
naija version ... bring forth the idea
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Wylout: 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
@ All

I know of a married woman with three kids and she is a chronic anime fan!!!

Mad Cow: @ OP

I will suggest you start your anime quest with DEATH NOTE. If it does not blow your mind from an intellectual angle, then I guess anime is not for you.

I am a keen follower of Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Bleach and recently Gundam.

Animes are not for kids, so also are certain animations like Southpark, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show, Boondocks, e.t.c.

Open your mind is all I can say, the notion that animations are for kids is just straight up dumb.

TRUE!!!!

If you follow ONE PIECE you would understand why a married woman would seriously scream at the death of ACE!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by landinfo: 5:24pm On Feb 05, 2013
blink182: I don't play with my cartoons. Its entertainment that truly relaxes me. Chowder, Ben 10, daily show, samurai jack, mario Bros to animated movies and even the wiggles. I do it all. I don't really like Japanese anime but samurai x is deep in my heart, I have all the episodes and really love the big fight between kenshi, sanusuki, hajime, makoto shishio and the devilish sojiro.
guy abeg i need ur help for Samurai X season 3. The ones (Season 3) available in the mkt are not the continuation 4rm season 2.
Tankz
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by firestar(f): 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
cheesy

Oya..oya..oyaaaaaaaa, all of una... [size=14pt]report[/size] to the Naruto thread kia!
If you get liver read the 100+ pages.

@OP
Erm ... naptu2 any comment made by me would be like um....

an....

overkill.

And besides, I'm a lady. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Leopantro: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nairaland=info:

guy abeg i need ur help for Samurai X season 3. The ones (Season 3) available in the mkt are not the continuation 4rm season 2.
Tankz

wait, hold on.didn't samurai X end at where batusai fought the guy with the bandages ( can't remember his name) at that fire place and the guy burnt up from internal combustion and the whole place burnt up and the guy with the fang thrust died in the inferno?
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
hmm firestar ,.,. who get time to read 100 pages ,.,.about parts of the story that we have already seen
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by firestar(f): 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
kishimi8: hmm firestar ,.,. who get time to read 100 pages ,.,.about parts of the story that we have already seen

hhen, trust me...with all the crazy commentaries there... grin you'll probably fall off the ground.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by naptu2: 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
firestar: cheesy

Oya..oya..oyaaaaaaaa, all of una... [size=14pt]report[/size] to the Naruto thread kia!
If you get liver read the 100+ pages.

@OP
Erm ... naptu2 any comment made by me would be like um....

an....

overkill.

And besides, I'm a lady. wink

The Naruto thread https://www.nairaland.com/522373/naruto-information
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by firestar(f): 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
naptu2:

The Naruto thread https://www.nairaland.com/522373/naruto-information

Thanks!

Hey, have you been baptized yet?
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by firestar(f): 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Feraz, I see you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My First Time In A Cinema / Official Thread For Gotham Series / Your Best Movie Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.