Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani (988 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Another Warning By Kingsley Ubani - Is This Revelation Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by jayriginal: 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2013

Last Sunday, I incurred the wrath of my driver when I told him to take me to a church so that I can worship the King of Kings. He protested that he would not come and I thought he was joking.

He did not come. “It is only old men who are about to die who go to church. They are tired of the world and want God to forgive them and welcome them into His kingdom. Many people in South Africa don’t go to church.

Most of the churches in South Africa are owned by Nigerians. They are industries. They use it to make money ne”, he rapped. Another encounter. The driver that brought me from Nelspruit to Rustenburg took to his heels when I alighted from the bus and said; “thank you, Jesus”. “You don’t like Jesus?”, I asked in awe. “No, no, no. People use that name to cheat and deceive. I don’t believe in it”. I gaped in shock. “We don’t go to church here.

Only old men and women go to church. You know what is right and you do it. That is better. If you go to church, you will be contributing to another person to make him fat. Look, my friend.

There is no truth in the world. Once somebody says true to God, you are being cheated”. Throughout the six-hour journey, there was no mighty church building. All the buildings are industries.

But in Nigeria, all the warehouses have been bought over by churches. What an irony! We pray all the time in Nigeria and yet Nigeria is sliding backwards. South Africa is marching forward. Our leaders sit at the front rows in churches and give fat offerings and tithes. Unlike in the days of old from the Bible, no pastor or Man of God can look a corrupt leader in the face and tell him the truth.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/only-old-men-go-to-church/

Funny but . . .
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Afam4eva(m): 10:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
lol grin
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Ozegbe(m): 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
We need to stop going to church in Nigeria. it's n o t a healthy endeavor
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Techwriter: 3:00am On Jan 31, 2013
We talk about how baad Nigeria is even with all the churches; have you ever wondered how deadly it would have been without sone true churches. Let me gist you
1. They will slaughter virgins to bury a king
2. You would come to road junctions and see blood of goats used for sacrifices
3 etc
South Africa can talk because christian nations colonized and stayed with them for years until godly values naturally became their live. Yet AIDS is everywia there, they rape children as cure for AIDS,and other horrible things.unb
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 31, 2013
Techwriter: We talk about how baad Nigeria is even with all the churches; have you ever wondered how deadly it would have been without sone true churches. Let me gist you
3 etc
South Africa can talk because christian nations colonized and stayed with them for years until godly values naturally became their live. Yet AIDS is everywia there, they rape children as cure for AIDS,and other horrible things.unb

The churches thrive because they are filled with minds like yours...
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Heatblast(m): 7:52am On Jan 31, 2013
musKeeto:

Gbam
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by saintvc(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
I WOULD RATHER REMAIN MAD
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Ubenedictus(m): 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
musKeeto:

add this to d list: the immorality in south african university beat that seen in the united states.
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by turnstoner(m): 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ubenedictus: add this to d list: the immorality in south african university beat that seen in the united states.

Do you know the level of immorality in Nigerian Universities? undecided
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by jayriginal: 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. If we did more for ourselves rather than rely on some imaginary power(s) , we would be better off.
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Ubenedictus(m): 12:15am On Feb 01, 2013
turnstoner:

Do you know the level of immorality in Nigerian Universities? undecided
bleep dat, compared to south african universities, d nigerian uni will win nobel prize for morality.
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: bleep dat, compared to south african universities, d nigerian uni will win nobel prize for morality.

lol how ignorant. The corruption in Nigerian universities is nothing home to write about.
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 01, 2013
Techwriter: We talk about how baad Nigeria is even with all the churches; have you ever wondered how deadly it would have been without sone true churches. Let me gist you
3 etc

Colonization is a christian virtue. Its good to know that enslaving people is a godly virtue.

Foolish christian
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 01, 2013
However, the op is great!

Nigeria is exporting religions while other countries are exporting proper products and services.

We need to move away from this christian prosperity fraud that robs the church members dry
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Ubenedictus(m): 12:22am On Feb 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol how ignorant. The corruption in Nigerian universities is nothing home to write about.
mayb nigerian vc's beats their counterpart on corruption. I'll give u dat.
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: mayb nigerian vc's beats their counterpart on corruption. I'll give u dat.

True......but they are not as corrupt as the pope or the vatican guys wink
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Ubenedictus(m): 1:36am On Feb 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

True......but they are not as corrupt as the pope or the vatican guys wink
lol, u seem to be very lonely today, u lack cheer, feeling depressed and all, and u think picking up this arguement and insulting me as a slave with a slave master will help release ur fraustration. No help for u today, i wont fall for it.
I've learnt wen u make these snide comment u just want someone to release ur fraustion on, i seen it before and today a refuse to be ur scape goat. Bear ur fraustration.
Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: lol, u seem to be very lonely today, u lack cheer, feeling depressed and all, and u think picking up this arguement and insulting me as a slave with a slave master will help release ur fraustration. No help for u today, i wont fall for it.
I've learnt wen u make these snide comment u just want someone to release ur fraustion on, i seen it before and today a refuse to be ur scape goat. Bear ur fraustration.
Have a good day.

wow....someone has become a superior psychoanalyst!!!!

So I am depressed and frustrated?

I think that you should read your bible about judging and bearing false witness. smiley
Re: Only Old Men Go To Church - Tony Ubani by Ubenedictus(m): 4:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

wow....someone has become a superior psychoanalyst!!!!

So I am depressed and frustrated?

I think that you should read your bible about judging and bearing false witness. smiley
actually d bible gat no problem with what i said above.

(1) (Reply)

CONCLAVE: How A New Pope Is Elected! / Jesus Was A Gay! Kemi Omololu-olunloyo / Revealed!!! How To Get To Heaven From Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.