Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? (16268 Views)

Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain / CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! / What Do Men Think Of Women Who Wear Anklets and Waist Beads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 31, 2013
So i want to buy a camouflage shorts, but people around tell me its very risky to wear camouflage since im not a military man. What are your thoughts please share
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by quin9(f): 10:00am On Jan 31, 2013
Yes they do(its a punishable offence) especially when its really close to real camour,you can get away with the black nd white camour,anywayz if u eventually get one,do not wear it anywhere near a barracks(but that's no guarantee you won't be harrassed).I have a real camour skirt which I can wear freely within the barracks,but its NOT allowed beyond the gate.
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 31, 2013
quin9: Yes they do(its a punishable offence) especially when its really close to real camour,you can get away with the black nd white camour,anywayz if u eventually get one,do not wear it anywhere near a barracks(but that's no guarantee you won't be harrassed).I have a real camour skirt which I can wear freely within the barracks,but its NOT allowed beyond the gate.

By "punishable offence" u mean its in our constitution as a wrong doing or is it that its the military who choose to punish civilians who adorn the camo voluntarily ?

4 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by quin9(f): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2013
I've said the one I knw,u can ask a millitary man or check a library for millitary constitution,they may go about it the wrong way,but atleast u'll knw ur right.

4 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by kokoye(m): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
quin9: I've said the one I knw,u can ask a millitary man or check a library for millitary constitution,they may go about it the wrong way,but atleast u'll knw ur right.

after you have been beaten to a state of pulp..what does it matter that you are right...in Nigeria?

@ OP ...it's not a risk I would take in naija.

3 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
God bless the United States of America

7 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
by the time they barrack boys beat u to pulp then i will see if u can protest for ur right. please dnt wear that camo

1 Like

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
I no sabi weda na right or left, but military man don point me gun for camo pant wey I wear, waka cross road wey I wan buy egg wey I go fry chop with my bread one morning...

If you one know as the story end, wear the camo go visit person for barracks, or use am pass their checkpoint...

7 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by lekkie073(m): 5:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
a trial will convince u

11 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
@OP you wouldn't want to risk a beating by Nigerian soldiers if you've seen one.
You'd probably get away with it if you drive around in those shorts or better yet use it within your Nieghborhood. I wouldn't risk it if I were you though. smiley
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
They've harassed a lot of ignorant civilians. The last one i witness was a 50year old man, tho he wasn't beaten up. The soldier dude calmly asked him why he was putting on that and he said sorry and that was all. But for a young guy. Please don't try it. Na boxers you go wear go house.

2 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by muktarmtt(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
adulthood:

By "punishable offence" u mean its in our constitution as a wrong doing or is it that its the military who choose to punish civilians who adorn the camo voluntarily ?
Ryt question bro is wat dey choose cos of dere mentality cos u see ppl frm western country lyk US nd Britin wear camouflage nd move free cos is sing of luv 2 militiry personal but in 9ja is insult 2 militiry menterlity
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by specialguest(f): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Its so much of an offence in Nigeria that i once had to bail someone from a police station just because he wore a pair of camou trousers. He was found outside the gate to my estate and the army guys asked him to identify himself. Anyway one thing led to the other and he was arrested and handed over to the police. When i got to the station the following day, the Ipo explained to me that its risky to wear camou now especially because of the security situation in the country.
If you have bought one already id advise you dye it to black Asap tongue or wear it when its dark. Either way goodluck!

4 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by ezeagu(m): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
REALITY101: God bless the United States of America

God bless any sane country Nigerians have ran to.

1 Like

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by kpolli(m): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Juvie questions
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by baynix(m): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Omo.. No Try Am O!! I Have Witnessed One B4 In Ibadan At Sabo Area!! The Soldier Commanded The Guy To Off His Short And Use His Teeth To Tear Everything!! Con See Beating!!

If U Be Correct Boi, Ds Military Negros Go Disgrace U!! No Just Try Am!!

I Get 1 Short Wiv 2 Carmo Hood.. Na Nite Ah Dey Wear An Sha!!

2 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by specialguest(f): 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
On a second thought, its different strokes for different folks. Please try it and report back lets hear your experience.

3 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Isiterere(m): 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
Just try it to be sure of d outcome but I bet u e go be 1 of d heavy beating of ur life. Get ready to be half naked dat day;cos na something wey don happen for my face....N:B if u must wear their camour , learn their slang first cos if dey speak d slang to u and can't reply ,u're on ur own....

1 Like

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by jmoore(m): 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
@op are you a learner?
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by siddiq202(m): 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
somebody is about to hear words like..

"oya jump for gutter"

OP If soldiers see you with that short believe me you will always remember that day till you die I assure you

4 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by TeenageMoney(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2013
I dnt Know. tongue
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by mascot87(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
Well, if you get the beating of your life dont blame Nairslanders o!!! well u can put ur blame on GEJ d retardeen sha angry
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by FUCKU: 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
Dem go use the head of dem gun nack U for head and cheek "gidigbam" "gidigbam" YOU GO COME CARRY LUMP FOR HEAD AND ACHIKA-NTII FOR CHEEK!

1 Like

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by Durchmann(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
Is that gist? Some time back, i had an uncle of mine who was molested for wearing an ankle boot assumed to be that of the army. It didn't make sense then and even now. I understand that you don't need to wear camos but shoes? WTH!!!http:///3Lskl
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by HAH: 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nigeria is a Jungle, please do the military have a patent for camo ? beside these days they wear many shades of green camo infact they even use blue camo.

My guy just avoid it, I have one camo. Trouser which is by hikers i only use it abroad despite the fact that I was once in the military circle, and have so many senior officers friends, especially now with BH .
Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by pappilo(m): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2013
My guy dont try it. If you even forget harrasment from the military chaps for a minute. You are liable to being shot by armed robbers who may mistake you for a law enforcement officer.

I once had a pair of Texas Steer boots confisicated from me by some soldiers stationed at a NEPA office near me and I had to walk home barefooted. Thank God for my no-nonsense mother who marched me back there barefoot, lambasted the soldiers and collected my boots back. #thankyoumummy

6 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by BedLam: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
OP, I don't know what you still want to know after all these replies above me. lemme tell you briefly how I was beaten by military men. I grew up in warri, one night, I was walking with a guy of mine who was notorious for smoking weed. I was at a know he was with weed that night and hapless for me we got caught, as someone innocent I even asked em to search me, to cut my story short, I was beaten like as if I was being handled by a machine. at some point, gravity disappeared and I was floating on air because one was giving me from the ground (he never allowed me to touch the ground) while the other was handling me from top. it was even worse when I tried to explain, on that day I regretted ever being a "bloody civilian ". Brotherly, I prefer armed robber to Nigerian men in uniform.

14 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by lightheart(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
Have you been asked to roll on a tarred road on a sunny day?
You might enjoy it tho'.

2 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by foyeks2001(f): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
Dem no dey tell person...just wear am, pass thru their checkpoint...one dey after Kuje along Airport Road, Abj...no b u go tell d story, na d Doctors 4 hospital go nack ur tori 4 u

2 Likes

Re: Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? by luc26(f): 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
@ op are u an immigrant or u jst feel lyk posting a topic?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chukwukere Chinonye Wins Miss Comely Queen Nigeria 2016 / My Favourite Perfumes / 100% Coldpressed Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter,carrot Oil,turmeric And Many More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.