Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory (6788 Views)

109 Senators To Train In Facebook / 'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. / Saraki Leads Senators To Visit The Awolowos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by lukaino(m): 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
Senate, clean d mess in the sports ministry, put round pegs in round holes, bring back school sports and fast less
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by seyi360(m): 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
What is d fury about? D senate leader is just a bunch of flesh and blood like other Nigerians which makes him eligible to express his opinion on a matter as public as AFCON.Please let's give him a break,afterall he is just human

1 Like

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by obi4eze(m): 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by vanstanzy(m): 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
Good, let they alone do the fasting, but for me, NO CHANCE IN HELL. To me, atheists stand a better chance to fast for the Eagles victory than these heartless senators.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Hardfact: 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
I'd rather the senate and even all Nigerians fast and pray that our looters/leaders in govt change and alleviate the suffering going on in Nigeria, even if the SuperEagles will have to lose.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ivorians worship the same God as Nigerians, they fast too.

What you know, is what you know.
What you don't know, is greater than you.

I don't think that fasting will save super eagles in the hands of the ivorians. I watched them train in the morning and i must confess that those guys are in for serious business.

Super eagles fasting to meet the ivorians is equivalent to David Mark himself fasting to meet Vladmir Klichkor in a 16round boxing bout.

I wish super eagles luck in their quest. .
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by tantita(m): 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
Fast al u wnt greedy old fooools...my God i knw hates football.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by vislabraye(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
Imagine that coming from the mouth of a senior public officer. Misplaced priority. Me? Pray for SE?
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by juman(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
meenagiggs: I can see the Senate has a distorted sense of priority.

For God sake, they are in national assembly doing nothing talk-less of thinking of priority.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by juman(m): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Dear Mr Mark,
If you want to demonstrate patriotism, do not call for fasting.

You should call for an end to corruption and end your own corruption and looting angry[/size]
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by gerald09(m): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mr Mark Really! You want the same set of people that are responsible for why 150million of God's own people are suffering to fast and pray to "God" so the super eagles that the set of people have done nothing to motivate or recruit talents, to win a match. WOW! That really an example on why Nigeria is among the countries that insult God with no respect. With all the common sense and natural resource he has giving us if una naver figure out that he has already blessed us but Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are using his blessings to kill ourselves, then I fink its tym Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ stopped deceiving ourselves. ABEG Make una no fast or pray u will only make God more angry dan he already is.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by redsun(m): 1:00am On Feb 01, 2013
That is why they keep stealing our money. They are bunch of ido.its,headed by a real nicompoop himself.

Fasting my star,if they are not formidably prepared,how are they going to beat a formidable team?Even if Jesus or mohammad is the goal keeper.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by COOLDUN: 3:38am On Feb 01, 2013
Nigerians and their politicians are turning to different things nowadays in religion. This is another diversionary tricks by the corrupt senator, instead of facing the important issues in Nigeria he is busy calling for fasting and prayers. I980 Shagari was the president, Joseph Wayas was the senate president Nigeria won her first Nation Cup, there was no fasting and praying, 1985 Nigeria won the first U-17 World in China, Gen Buhari was there , no fasting and praying, 1993 second U-17, 1994 Nigeria won her second Nation Cup then was Sani Abacha no fasting and praying, 1996 football Gold in Olympics same Abacha no fasting and praying, 2007 U-17 Umaru Yaradua, no fasting and praying, all these victories were achieved through hard work, commitment, good programming, but today with the much rotten and decayed system, high rate of criminality excesses looting and senseless destruction of lives and properties , with hypocritical religious bigotries , Sadducee and Pharisees prayers to God that is very tired of Nigerian’s wickedness and deceits we want to win the trophies we did not prepare and work hard for.

How many times has Brazil held praying crusades and national fasting and praying for their world cup victories? Germany? Italy? England? Argentina? Uruguay? France? Spain? These same cultists that kept this country in her bleeding to comma, that are calling for fasting and praying to the fellow demons to pray to which God? Is football the only problem we have in this country presently? Where are the ex players who sacrificed their youthful ages to bring glories to the country? How are their lives? You are praying to God for victory because our next opponents are pagans, or praying to devil. Instead of putting things at their right orders you are relying on hypocritical prayers that never exceed your houses roofs. You appointed a man who studied an Arabic language to head the football Association while the ex footballers who know what it takes to run football administration are languishing in abject poverty, you appoint a man who studied banking and finance to be the NFF Chairman and expecting God to send down his angels to come and play the football matches for you.

In what happiness will God answer the Nigeria politicians’ prayers? Is it your good leadership, or the ritual killings of virgin boys and girls you destroy for your own selfish interests? Or the common wealth of the nation you loot and sending of the poor Nigerians to their untimely deaths? This is the same David Mark who boldly told Nigerians that telephone is not for poor men, when he was communication minister during IBB military regime. Today he has turned to an evangelist yes in Nigeria it is very possible to do anything under religion. We do not need too much prayers in Nigeria but positive actions. Put things at their right places, and see how rapid and pleasant things will change in this country. Repetitions of a prayer points shows lack of faith. God is tired of one prayer point from Nigeria in the football fields. A prayer of a sinner is like a piece of dirtiest rag in the presence of God. David Mark, channel that your prayer point on how the federal government should come out and debate with Ms Ezekwesili, spare us these holiness in public attitudes. Nigeria national teams do not need victory prayers but good management, arrangement, program, and sound sports administration, prayers supposed to be for their protection and safety in pitch. You can never win a match with only lips prayers.

God is neutral in sports. That is why we have god of soccer, not God of soccer. Let ex footballers take the leadership of football and other sportsmen/women take over other sports offices, then things can change. Michele Platini and Sep Blater were ex footballers to the France and Switzerland respectively.If you like,go and invite Pope and call all the prayers warriors to fast and pray for Nigeria, they will never win any other match in this AFCON 2013 if they repeat what I watched last time with Ethiopia. Ethiopia lacked good finishers that was why they lost that match, but check how many attackers and schemers in the Cote dI’voire’s squad. Add and minus. Prayer is good but work must follow it to work efficiently.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by blackbeau1(f): 10:50am On Feb 01, 2013
Wow.they can't fast for the end of Boko Haram,which is actually killing Nigerians but would rather fast for super eagles to win.Men,they are suffering from a case of misplaced priorities.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by michealade(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2013
seyi360: What is d fury about? D senate leader is just a bunch of flesh and blood like other Nigerians which makes him eligible to express his opinion on a matter as public as AFCON.Please let's give him a break,afterall he is just human
no o,i tot he was a dog b4.guy,wat wil be wil surli be!we r kumin home on sunday
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by repogirl(f): 1:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
If they were such good christians and prayer warriors, the situation of the country would have been way better by now. These ones that cannot bear to see one meal go, with their oversized potbellies and greedy nature. SO BLOODY CALLED LAW MAKERS. If they fast, thats when Super eagles will definitely fail sef. Its not just by being prayer warriors o, change from your selfish ways first.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by graceng: 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Smooyis(m): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2013
What is wrong in fasting or calling for fasting by d senate president? It may simply be d begining of their Godliness
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by blocker: 9:01am On Feb 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin After una don squander our money you and your ghana-must-go senators wan follow poor masses carry mouth, abeg stop giving penance a bad name.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
Smooyis: What is wrong in fasting or calling for fasting by d senate president? It may simply be d begining of their Godliness
You are actually all4mumu! Hahaha... that is very funny word I got from Nairaland. You are too gullible, my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President - Sule Lamido / Spot Nnamdi Kanu In This Trump's Picture. / All Keke Napep In V.I, Lagos Removed Their Roofs On Their Way Out Of Lagos. VIDE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.