Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160854 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Alberta12(m): 9:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
Please how is appeals submitted ?

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by welfare1(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
House.
In relative to document needed wt ur application to UK. I was their on d 1st of feb, 2013 to submit my application for renewer for 2yrs on geting to the counter for my document to be check. The guy at d counter pick out my document for landed property, he told me dat LANDED PROPERTY DOCUMENT are no more acceptable again, mind u I ve been using dis document since 2007 when I started appling for visa so he pick out all d orginal out but I have d photocopy of deed of gift,receipt,title of the land but d land plan and survy plan is nt included since I did nt ve it in photocopy. Hw my question is this. Is that the later ajustment coming from UK embassy as per document reqire?
In my application dis are d document I submited wt it.
Employment letter
Promotion letter
Confirmation letter
Introduction letter
Payslip(6mth)
Bank statement of abt 585k
Fixed deposit certificate of 500k
CSCS on-line account statment
Family photography
Wedding pixs
Engagment pixs
Registary pixs
Registary certificate
Church certificate
My child naming celemony pixs
My personal pixs in office
My wife pixs in office
My daughter pixs in school
My birth certificate
My daughter birth certificate
Hotel booking
My last shopping receipt of abt £2000
My last fight ticket

I hope all dis document are in order?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:12am On Feb 14, 2013
Alberta_12: Please how is appeals submitted ?
If your refused application attracts the full rights of appeal, then the procedures should be on the letter of refusal that was given you by the embassy
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Waleabimbola(m): 11:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
Does a multiple-entry Schengen visa allow visiting other Schengen countries later, without going via the issuing country?
I was given a multiple entry visa in January by France embassy, I went there and came back after 5 days but I want to go to germany now in march, do I have to go through France again or should I just fly to Germany straight without getting to france?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by galala123(m): 7:58am On Feb 16, 2013
Goshen360:

That's NOT true. Not in all visas categories. The person telling you that 'might' be referring to a 'particular' type of visa. If the above is true, you will need to ask what type of visa they're referring to. An ordinary invitation letter ONLY need notary public from any public notary in US of A and has nothing to do with going through the Department of States. I also understand that visas for 'performing artist', 'fiance/fiancee' goes through Department of States. In all, you'll need to identify what visa category but ALL invitation letter doesn't go through the department of States; that, I can assure you.

I agree with you. My brother has sent me soft copies of letters of invitation severally from the US. The VO's have never even asked to see the letter. At most they ask for my bank statement though I hold all reachable documents in-order not to give them reason for refusal. Sometimes they can bounce you even before you realise that you have started the visa interview and you will not even be given a chance to present documents thereafter! Once I was eager to hand them support documents relating to each question after every question and the VO said "Don't worry, I trust you, if I want to see any document, I will ask for it".
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:55am On Feb 16, 2013
Waleabimbola: Does a multiple-entry Schengen visa allow visiting other Schengen countries later, without going via the issuing country?
I was given a multiple entry visa in January by France embassy, I went there and came back after 5 days but I want to go to germany now in march, do I have to go through France again or should I just fly to Germany straight without getting to france?
A Schengen visa entitles the holder to enter any Schengen country, and it is allowed to use any Schengen country as a point of entry. But be prepared to answer the immigration officers the purpose of your using their country as your point of entry.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by yasuleiman(m): 9:57am On Feb 16, 2013
yasuleiman:

Thanks, but its boldly pasted in their office that some land documents should not be presented.

Thank, I appreciate
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Isjaymoh(m): 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
Pls kindly help me out. I'm a student and am applying for US visit visa, is my aunt that wanna send me an invitation letter, and is it possible for her to be my sponsorer?. And is it compulsory for me to add Tax clearance certificate to my document as a student?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by dotcomnamename: 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
Vicjustice:
A Schengen visa entitles the holder to enter any Schengen country, and it is allowed to use any Schengen country as a point of entry. But be prepared to answer the immigration officers the purpose of your using their country as your point of entry.

Vcjustice, someone is arguing with me about this: For instance, if i have Spanish Permanent Residence, do i need an Irish Visa to visit Ireland despite i have Spanish Permanent Residence? Is there any proof link Spanish Immigi links or irish immigi links that confirm this?

Infarct i have a friend in Germany that use to visit Ireland and he always obtain an Irish Visa despite he's got German Permanent Residenc, at least German and Spain are the same schengen, but this person do not believe that A Schengen Residency is required to obtain an Irish or British visa before he/she can visit Ireland and UK.

This person confirm to me that one of his friends has been coming to Ireland without irish visa but only with his Spanish Permanent Residence. Is this possible?

Any proof pls.

Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Vcjustice, someone is arguing with me about this: For instance, if i have Spanish Permanent Residence, do i need an Irish Visa to visit Ireland despite i have Spanish Permanent Residence? Is there any proof link Spanish Immigi links or irish immigi links that confirm this?

Infarct i have a friend in Germany that use to visit Ireland and he always obtain an Irish Visa despite he's got German Permanent Residenc, at least German and Spain are the same schengen, but this person do not believe that A Schengen Residency is required to obtain an Irish or British visa before he/she can visit Ireland and UK.

This person confirm to me that one of his friends has been coming to Ireland without irish visa but only with his Spanish Permanent Residence. Is this possible?

Any proof pls.

Thanks
Though, Ireland is in the EU, but it does not participate in the Schengen treaty, so, a Schengen visa or its residence permit holder can not enter into Ireland without obtaining the Irish national visa: even those who are married to EU citizens and wish to exercise the EU Treaty Rights of free movements are required to obtain an Irish visa (howbeit, free of charge) to enter Ireland.
To give you a straight answer, it is IMPOSSIBLE to use Schengen visa or residence permit to enter Ireland, only those with Schengen citizenship can travel to Ireland without visa
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by bluebarz(m): 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
I need info pls. I intend to start a career in the U.S marines, I had a few friends in the marines who were willing to help me get signed up but I was asked to migrate to the USA first before the process would be started becos I was told that I'ld need an alien immigration number to sign up since am not a citizen of the states. Am a graduate, not working currently, I want to know the type of visa I should apply for, I have cousins there who can easily send me an invitation letter. How do I go about my visa application and what type do I need pls. I need proper guidance.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2013
bluebarz: I need info pls. I intend to start a career in the U.S marines, I had a few friends in the marines who were willing to help me get signed up but I was asked to migrate to the USA first before the process would be started becos I was told that I'ld need an alien immigration number to sign up since am not a citizen of the states. Am a graduate, not working currently, I want to know the type of visa I should apply for, I have cousins there who can easily send me an invitation letter. How do I go about my visa application and what type do I need pls. I need proper guidance.
I don't think your "cousin" is the right person to send you an invitation letter in this regard, the marine academy or other appropriate institutions should be the ones to send you the invitation.
But if however you wish to apply for a visa using your cousin's invitation, you should be applying for visit/tourist visa.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
bluebarz: I need info pls. I intend to start a career in the U.S marines, I had a few friends in the marines who were willing to help me get signed up but I was asked to migrate to the USA first before the process would be started becos I was told that I'ld need an alien immigration number to sign up since am not a citizen of the states. Am a graduate, not working currently, I want to know the type of visa I should apply for, I have cousins there who can easily send me an invitation letter. How do I go about my visa application and what type do I need pls. I need proper guidance.
I don't think your "cousin" is the right person to send you an invitation letter in this regard, the marine academy or other appropriate institutions should be the ones to send you the invitation.
But if however you wish to apply for a visa using your cousin's invitation, you should be applying for visit/tourist visa.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by bluebarz(m): 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
Thanks a lot though I forgot to mention dat the maillitary does not interfere with one's immigration issues especially wen ur not yet a soldier, dey let u handle it urself so dat rules out getin an invitation from them. My cousin is a citizen and he's white so doesn't dat give me a beta chance?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:17am On Feb 20, 2013
bluebarz: Thanks a lot though I forgot to mention dat the maillitary does not interfere with one's immigration issues especially wen ur not yet a soldier, dey let u handle it urself so dat rules out getin an invitation from them. My cousin is a citizen and he's white so doesn't dat give me a beta chance?
I don't think that your cousin being "white" gives you a better chance, in fact, it is questionable how a black man has a "white" cousin.
By the way, your question was about the category of visa that you should be applying for, and i thought i answered that?

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by 5ami77(f): 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hi Vicjustice, as this is an issue very close to my heart i have read about the documents required and just wondered if you or any other person may be able to help/advise in my individual situation.

I am British born and married a Nigerian in lagos last year and we are currently living apart, we have been deciding if it it is easier for me to move to Lagos or for him to come here to England (Im thinking it will be easier for me to move as the Spouse visa seems somewhat difficult to get....whatever we decide it has to happen soon as this long distance is proving hard for us both...how difficult will it be for me to get a spouse visa in Nigeria, does my husband have to have registered our marriage in Nigeria first It will be a challenge leaving England to live there, but at the same time time i am committed to my marriage and want to start my family really soon..can anyone help or advise please?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by 5ami77(f): 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hi Vicjustice, as this is an issue very close to my heart i have read about the documents required and just wondered if you or any other person may be able to help/advise in my individual situation.

I am British born and married a Nigerian in lagos last year and we are currently living apart, we have been deciding if it it is easier for me to move to Lagos or for him to come here to England (Im thinking it will be easier for me to move as the Spouse visa seems somewhat difficult to get....whatever we decide it has to happen soon as this long distance is proving hard for us both...how difficult will it be for me to get a spouse visa in Nigeria, does my husband have to have registered our marriage in Nigeria first It will be a challenge leaving England to live there, but at the same time time i am committed to my marriage and want to start my family really soon..can anyone help or advise please?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
5ami77: Hi Vicjustice, as this is an issue very close to my heart i have read about the documents required and just wondered if you or any other person may be able to help/advise in my individual situation.

It is not at all difficult for you to get a Nigerian visa or residency, the challenge would be for you to integrate into the system with all sort of everything associated with the country.. And Yes, your marriage needs to be registered in Nigeria.
I like to warn you that except you have your own business, you might never find a job, and that makes survival difficult. Nigeria is a country where you spend and spend and spend money, and if nothing is coming back to you as income, you might see yourself fleeing from your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by 5ami77(f): 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for you quick response...at least i now know where to start and can move forward. I need to ensure my marriage is registered i have left this all in the hands of my husband, who i am aware is very busy with work, but we need to get this ball rolling. I have travelled near and far and seen very different cultures, eventhough i am a born and bred british (not english) woman, I am black. Yes I understand that unless I have my own business, it will be very difficult to survive (finding a job) as my sister in law herself has found it difficult to find work as a fellow Nigerian. My husband is self employed and works very hard to be successful in what he does. I am also very adaptable and do not take marriage lightly (with a view if fleeing if things get difficult). Once i confirm my marriage is registered what next? I tried to call the nigerian hig commission not much help, she just referred me to the website (something i must get used to huh..being fobbed off)?

Are there any British woman that have move from here to Nigeria, with not much experience of the life and culture, who can gve me advice or knowelege of your experience? I will find this very helpful although it will not influence my decision as for me it s all about being with my husband and moving forward with our lives.....

Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
5ami77: Thanks for you quick response...at least i now know where to start and can move forward. I need to ensure my marriage is registered i have left this all in the hands of my husband, who i am aware is very busy with work, but we need to get this ball rolling. I have travelled near and far and seen very different cultures, eventhough i am a born and bred british (not english) woman, I am black. Yes I understand that unless I have my own business, it will be very difficult to survive (finding a job) as my sister in law herself has found it difficult to find work as a fellow Nigerian. My husband is self employed and works very hard to be successful in what he does. I am also very adaptable and do not take marriage lightly (with a view if fleeing if things get difficult). Once i confirm my marriage is registered what next? I tried to call the nigerian hig commission not much help, she just referred me to the website (something i must get used to huh..being fobbed off)?

Are there any British woman that have move from here to Nigeria, with not much experience of the life and culture, who can gve me advice or knowelege of your experience? I will find this very helpful although it will not influence my decision as for me it s all about being with my husband and moving forward with our lives.....

Thanks
Good to hear that your husband is doing well as a self employed (business owner), that is an ideal thing to help your situation in Nigeria.
You, being a black woman is an advantage as there is unlikely to be any distinction between you and the locals (except perhaps for your accent). I am not saying that Nigerians are discriminative against white people, but the obvious remains that white people find themselves being victims of racial profiling both in positive and negative terms by most Nigerians.
In the positive terms, white people are often given priorities and are appreciated for reason of their race.
And in the negative terms, every Nigerian wants to cheat any white person who comes to buy even a lollipop from them:
So, unlike would be expected of you, it is sometimes difficult for white people to do shopping without the assistance of a trusted local

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Isjaymoh(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
cool
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
Isjaymoh: Help me out. There's this black american girl that we met via internet and we have been in a relationship for the past 18months and she want me to come over to the US to meet her. But I don't know if her invitation letter gonna be allowed at the american embassy, because she is still a student and she lives with her parent. And am also thinking if I can plan it this way, to call her mother my aunt if she may send the invitation and be my sponsorer. Kindly advice me and put me through.
She (being a student and a dependant of her parents) is not eligible to invite you. And by the way, how did the mother of a girl that you met in the internet become your aunt?

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by dotcomnamename: 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
Vicjustice: She (being a student and a dependant of her parents) is not eligible to invite you. And by the way, how did the mother of a girl that you met in the internet become your aunt?

Good question grin

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by pat077: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
do i need all these document to travel to ghana?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Chinwem(f): 1:35am On Feb 23, 2013
@ Vicjustice, does it count as lodgement if you took out that same amount twice ( on two different episodes some months before)
E.g I withdraw 4k in October and 4k in November then 4k gets deposited back a month to the application??
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Chinwem(f): 1:41am On Feb 23, 2013
5ami77: Hi Vicjustice, as this is an issue very close to my heart i have read about the documents required and just wondered if you or any other person may be able to help/advise in my individual situation.

I am British born and married a Nigerian in lagos last year and we are currently living apart, we have been deciding if it it is easier for me to move to Lagos or for him to come here to England (Im thinking it will be easier for me to move [size=16pt]as the Spouse visa seems somewhat difficult to get.[/size]...whatever we decide it has to happen soon as this long distance is proving hard for us both...how difficult will it be for me to get a spouse visa in Nigeria, does my husband have to have registered our marriage in Nigeria first It will be a challenge leaving England to live there, but at the same time time i am committed to my marriage and want to start my family really soon..can anyone help or advise please?

Really? How difficult?

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:14am On Feb 23, 2013
Chinwem: @ Vicjustice, does it count as lodgement if you took out that same amount twice ( on two different episodes some months before)
E.g I withdraw 4k in October and 4k in November then 4k gets deposited back a month to the application??
Lodgement is not something that is debited, but something that is deposited. The value of the amount and the intended or suspected purpose are taken into consideration for visa officers to decide whether a transaction is money lodgement or not.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Chinwem(f): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
Exactly.....please understand me well

I plan to deposit a huge amount
HOWEVER, I had made withdrawals of that SAME amount before
As in, that amount existed in my account a few months before
I withdrew it a few months back
Now I want it put back
It's still my money
Hope it won't raise eyebrows?

I withdrew in bulk, now I wanna put it back in bulk
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by mrchemist(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
good day all,i m so happy to visit this tread.i want to visit the uk during my leave period i work with lagos ministry of education on average of 1m salary.also i have 500k in another account my uncle is a citizen of uk over 30yr leaving there .want to kn right step to taken and duc needed tx
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
Chinwem: Exactly.....please understand me well

I plan to deposit a huge amount
HOWEVER, I had made withdrawals of that SAME amount before
As in, that amount existed in my account a few months before
I withdrew it a few months back
Now I want it put back
It's still my money
Hope it won't raise eyebrows?

I withdrew in bulk, now I wanna put it back in bulk
If the sources of the money can be proven in the first place, there should be no much of a problem (as regard to money lodgement. that is) if you withdrew it and eventually returned it to the account, that would not be seen as a violation: but it wouldn't look good for you if the visa officer suspects that the money was re-deposited into your account for presentation purpose and that it may be withdrawn again after your visa application: therefore, judging that the money is not available for your use. I bet you would have to present a credible explanation
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Chinwem(f): 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
Thanks^^^

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.