Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (15327 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / Us Did Not Predict Nigeria’s Break-up In 2015 – Ambassador Mcculley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by LagosBoi2(m): 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2013
forget the money he looted, you will also loot when you get there, he is better than those that codedly loot nowadays. The fact is that they know this country well enough to admit that we will split come 2015, i have noticed GEJ arrangements and i notice he is preparing for 2015 split not elections considering the military arrangements. The merging of political parties to battle Pdp. I smell doom for the name called Nigeria and i smell success for the Oduduwa and Hausas, I don't know for the Igbos because they were never united and i doubt if they will ever be. Pls don't say am tribalistic, it's my sincere opinion.
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by 9jauk: 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
IBB sharaaap thr ewu kata kata, Ole like u analysis rubbish, I pray Nigeria will break In Jesus name, I can't wait for dis bOko's to start applying for viss to visit Lagos
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by mayoroflag(m): 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
Look at what northern leadership can bring to the table - Federal Character, a synonym for fairness or a good deal, even though nothing has been brought to the table.

I'm waiting for that Northern Leadership that will realise that their true salvation lies in true Federalism. This IBB address can only be interpreted as the admitted powerlessness of the "core" northern rulership now that they realise that they are now more or less at a receiving end of a backfired structure they initially created to perpetuate their influence and hold on power at the centre.

The correction, as they see it now, is only a tip of the iceberg. Ask BH and the nameless "gunmen" plying their trade of terror with sorrow, tears and blood all over the Caliphate and Bornu kingdom....
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by alaoeri: 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
*yawns*
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by iconaus: 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
It is shame if nigeria disintegrate after the blood shed of civil war . Our former leaders IBB, OBJ etc know that Nigeria is not one and they pretended about it because of their selfish interest . Now they are out of power and entirely new and different entrant into Presidency GEJ exposes the vulnerability of nigeria to disintegrate simply because we re not one .And because some people beleive they own Nigeria . I have said in this forum and i ll say it again, If GEJ is buried or chased out of power with out completing his 2 terms and power goes back to North ; that will be the end of Nigeria . Niger delta will go and no military corridor for federal trops via the South east to attack South south and this time it is gona be a different war . The North and their alies SW will lose woefully .

2 Likes

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by babyphaze07(m): 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
Maybe I should this phrase 'to your tent oh Isreal'. Two strong men of Nigeria politics had spoken. Thank God IBB has confirmed Lord Luggard expirying life of Nigeria. This is inevitable. The civil war he talked about Europe lead those countries development till today. What we need know is Nigeria was forcely joined together by Luggard but it will easily break into pieces. Niger Delta wants to stay alone, Biafra is the first to go. A clause remain in the amalgamation that when Nigeria is 100 years, any part can can stay and be country on her own. I know each regions are getting ready and preparing their memo to be submitted to the United nation.
Because of the ethnicity, Nigeria will find it difficult to develop under one government.
Obasanjo had predicted revolution. IBB is talking about divisiblity again. The breakage is imminent. The whole world is waiting for the prediction to come through.
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by ifihearam: 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
tomakint:
You're a funny dude cheesy cheesy cheesy and why do you think this contraption called Nigeria cannot split if I may ask?

It cannot split because those agitating for her split her doing so for egocentric reasons,secondly there is no visible or viable reason that will amount for a nation like nigeria to split. Tae time to ask yourself some questions,why must it split?? Is it religious intolerance,diverse enthnic groups?? Are these reasons for a an entity called nigeria to split? Uneven representation of federal charater Tell me please.

In conclusion,nigeria can and will never split unless we mae the mistake of maing an igbo man a president then they will exhume the dream of the biafra republic which is a lost one otherwise what does the northerners have to rely on for sustenance? Even even the west sef?

Than you.
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by ceejay80s(m): 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
Una dey here dey make noise, lets split the country in peace. What about the money wey these people do thief, dem go split dat one in peace too. LET SPLIT ALL OUR MONEY EQUALLY FIRST B4 WE SPLIT IN PIECES

1 Like

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Igwe9(m): 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
on a second thought, splitting of the country would indeed introduce a healthy competition and I bet you, we all can still be friends and have a general visa consensus.
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Ola0711: 12:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nigeria can never split....support GEJ for 2015...GEJ is going to usher u into the nigeria of our dreams..good roads.,constant electricity,corruption free govt,employment..etc
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
ifihearam: The only time this country can divide is when an IGBO man is in power and that will never happen especially not under the fatherly watch of GEJ,he will lead this country till 2019 and all predictions will not materialise.
IBB has said it all,the politics of federal character needs to be done evenly and that is what his excellency is actually doing so where is the division coming from...

I am back again una go ban tire.
Ebi like say the ban still dey fear you? If you no behave yourself this time na delete dem go delete you comot for this site
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by tomakint: 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
ifihearam:

It cannot split because those agitating for her split her doing so for egocentric reasons,secondly there is no visible or viable reason that will amount for a nation like nigeria to split. Tae time to ask yourself some questions,why must it split?? Is it religious intolerance,diverse enthnic groups?? Are these reasons for a an entity called nigeria to split? Uneven representation of federal charater Tell me please.

In conclusion,nigeria can and will never split unless we make the mistake of making an igbo man a president then they will exhume the dream of the biafra republic which is a lost one otherwise what does the northerners have to rely on for sustenance? Even even the west sef?

Than you.
@ the first bolded; but many countries have split along that line what will make ours different undecided
@ the second bolded; What gives you the self-assurance that it's only an Igbo Presidency that will split this country? I am of a contrary view, Jonathan for instance was a 'Biafran' although not of the same generation as those who partook in the war, but one thing is sure, Nigeria is not immune to break-up (you can quote me) cool
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Picollothedon: 12:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
He realy made a point, but he is been enconomical with the real truth. He should have said it point blank that what nigeria needs now to put things right is national dialoque, that way we can settle all our issues once and for all.
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by iconaus: 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
This thread is slow quite unexpected . It appears that the truth has been told from the least expected person IBB . This is time for people to have a sober and inner reflection and tow the line of this remark by IBB . Mistakes have been made . Civil war was a mistake otherwise Nigeria would have progresssed and move forward . Nigeria has decayed and has fallen into abyss. IBB has vindicated ojukwu and people who detest injustice and marginalisation.
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by davesndy: 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
Igwe.:
on a second thought, splitting of the country would indeed introduce a healthy competition and I bet you, we all can still be friends and have a general visa consensus.
For all of you thinking Nigeria will split, wake up! This country is not splitting. Many people dnt know wat it takes a country to split. Nigeria as u have it consists of a network of interconnected and interdependent system. Splitting it would take sooo much, uld rather it remain an entity. I can't wait for 2015 and beyond so that I can come back here and remind all of U.
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by crackhaus: 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
Can someone please let some ex-military presidents know they can't be given advice or propositioning solutions, we're not that stupid yo.
So what was the summary of that long write-up? Nigeria will not breakup in 2015? Is that it! Mr IBB, Mr ex-president sir, you should want Nigeria to breakup dude cause that's the only way you'll ever head a political entity, like ever. Call it Arewa republic if you will, grow rice & beans & groundnuts to accumulate some GDP yo, nullify as many elections as you want & allocate cattle rearing farms to all your cabinet members. Hell, close your borders & require entry visas from every citizen of the Niger-delta Federation and citizens of the States of the Middle-belt Union, I'm sure no one would want to come anyway.
In case you all haven't figured it out, I'm all for a breakup of Nigeria not because of hate but because of logic & development. Even Lord Lugard knew we are a people divided in destiny.

2 Likes

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by iconaus: 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
South west people who dont beleive that Nigeria is facing disintegration are now begining to see the signs following this remark .Lest just forget what you gain from the entity called Nigeria , the fact remains that Nigeria is not one . We play ethnic politics . See ACN which on its own symbolises regionalism / disintegration and you people continue to shout one nigeria . Igbos have since noted that the country is not one and was sincere and still sincere to agitate for for Biafra .The ealier the yorubas start preparing to exist independently the better for you people . Stop deceiving yourself in beleiving that Nigeria will continue to exist . Former leaders are nursing fears over Nigeria oneness which signals that something is in the offing.

2 Likes

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by aribisala0(m): 1:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
Why are you so worried about the Yorubas and their survival??

1 Like

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by elopee3000(m): 1:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
@Lagos Boi yorubas re united but akintola dont see eye to eye with awolowo,alafin dont see eye to eye oni of ife,What of abiola and awo pls spare us this your yoruba unity trash ,U Saïd igbo re not United? why didnt Nigeria alow biafra to go ,so yoruba and hausa can live in peace with thier united,Lagos boy ur nothing but ewu jalingo

2 Likes

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by kennysbst(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
In conclusion,nigeria can and will never split unless we mae the mistake of maing an igbo man a president then they will exhume the dream of the biafra republic which is a lost one otherwise what does the northerners have to rely on for sustenance? Even even the west sef?

Guy u really fall my hand big time!ok make a research both Naija and Africa as a whole,b4 d arrival of oil money tell me which region in 9ja have the greatest achievement most.Starting frm intellectual capacity the first broadcasting station,first operating university in 9ja,first football stadium etc.definately d western region!so tell me do they relied on oil money? WESTERN region as always been and we continue 2 be space setters 4 every Nigerian.starting frm their intellectual capacity,tolerance,accommodation and so on.if yet u find it so difficult to belief on what SW will rely on when Break up occur!then check Ondo,Ogun and Lagos on latest discovery!
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Malawian(m): 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
just taking my seat for this movie cool cool cool
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by bayfam(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
May the truth is generally coming to onfold...why the fear of splitting now...we can do it peacefully if things can be done right in this country...
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by iconaus: 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
I am not worried about Yoruba and its survival but I am concerned about attack on igbos when ever Biafra is mentioned as if it does not make sense that disintegration is Imminent.How can we call ourself one when there is too much hatred and Jealousy amongst tribes? What does north have in common with east if not black colour . Sw have some thing in common with SE but there is too much hatred and jealous among the two so why remain together?

1 Like

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by PehaKaso: 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
I support d breaking up of Nigeria. We av neva been a single nation, so why deceiving ourselves? "To ur tents O Israel"
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by kennysbst(m): 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
icon aus: I am not worried about Yoruba and its survival but I am concerned about attack on igbos when ever Biafra is mentioned as if it does not make sense that disintegration is Imminent.How can we call ourself one when there is too much hatred and Jealousy amongst tribes? What does north have in common with east if not black colour . Sw have some thing in common with SE but there is too much hatred and jealous among the two so why remain together?
funny indeed but dat a truth frm one angle!and truly der is jealous frm both W and E,I guess it band to happen.one thing I believed so much is when break up occur,western region will go back 2 what they known for cos even if they fail 2 capitalise on der resources at hand,I so much belief they will make use of their intellectual 2 acquire a new success dat will be known to the world and not 9ja or Africa alone.BREAKING UP IS THE ISSUE AM IN FULL SURPORT!!!!!!GOD BLESS ODUDUWA!
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Hardfact: 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
Evil Genuis, Good Counsel?
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
icon aus: South west people who dont beleive that Nigeria is facing disintegration are now begining to see the signs following this remark .Lest just forget what you gain from the entity called Nigeria , the fact remains that Nigeria is not one . We play ethnic politics . See ACN which on its own symbolises regionalism / disintegration and you people continue to shout one nigeria . Igbos have since noted that the country is not one and was sincere and still sincere to agitate for for Biafra .The ealier the yorubas start preparing to exist independently the better for you people . Stop deceiving yourself in beleiving that Nigeria will continue to exist . Former leaders are nursing fears over Nigeria oneness which signals that something is in the offing.

Yorubas exist independently Most of them stay in their region unlike you people who cant make it in your own region and have to migrate elsewhere

The moment Nigeria breaks and everyone returns to their region I see overpopulation, crime, starvation, unemployment and possibly cannibalism taking over your region

1 Like

Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by sunnyolads1(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] In reaction to IBB advice or motivational words. Nigeria unresolved problems started form IBB the later transferred to the man called OBJ. In actual fact,if IBB doesn't want the prediction of Nigeria breakaway to come to pass,he should first come to the public to explain the role he played in Nigeria unification and disintergration.He should confess various crimes he committed while in office and return at least 80% of the money he looted.By doing so,other wicked leaders and criminals in high places we emulate and, the masses will forgive them for their errors or wicked ways.All the corruption we are witnessing today are inherited from IBB and OBJ(who sold all Nigeria assets to enrich himself-big old f...)and before you know it, if care is not taken,GEJ and his cohorts will finally sell off the state called Nigeria because they are sensing the disintergration come 2015..It is a pity...
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
ifihearam: The only time this country can divide is when an IGBO man is in power and that will never happen especially not under the fatherly watch of GEJ,he will lead this country till 2019 and all predictions will not materialise.
IBB has said it all,the politics of federal character needs to be done evenly and that is what his excellency is actually doing so where is the division coming from...

I am back again una go ban tire.
u are a fooooool.
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Picollothedon: 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
dayokanu:

Yorubas exist independently Most of them stay in their region unlike you people who cant make it in your own region and have to migrate elsewhere

The moment Nigeria breaks and everyone returns to their region I see overpopulation, crime, starvation, unemployment and possibly cannibalism taking over your region

You are the most stupid igbo hater of them all, ask your father how much they gave the igbos after the so called war against the good people of igbo nation, just 20 pounds,even if u have millions yet today they still make ur lagos the best city in nigeria, do i have to talk about the light brains of the people of river state after the abandoned property, yet the ogonis beg money everyday after saro wiwas betrayal of the biafrans. Since you know we cant survive, why is all of you wicked elements living in this God forsaking haters of a country to let biafra be, then we will find out who is who.

You want to talk about interlectuals, then i ask you, before the war? Who are the interlectauls in this country.......ofe mmanu dika gi. Isi usu........ Yorubas are the highest betrayals in this world
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mtchew...IBB may b sayin this openly, but planing hw nigeria will b divid. So dat by 2015 him nd buhari will rule dia self and teach dem hw 2 kill dia self. "OLD FOOL."
Re: IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
Anuofia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tambuwal Visits Families Of Hajj Stampede Victims In Sokoto (Pics) / INEC Extends Pvcs Collection Deadline / Kenya's President, William Ruto Sends Delegate To Attend Tinubu's Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.