Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

What You Need To Know About Mobile Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What You Need To Know About Mobile Money (18647 Views)

Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money / Mobile Money Business Opportunities: Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Kindluv3(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2013
What is mobile Money?

Mobile Money is an alternative payment method used instead of paying with cash, cheque or credit cards. Consumers can use their mobile phone to pay for a wide range of services. It basically involves the use of mobile phones to carry out financial transactions

Benefits Mobile money would bring

1.People would literally have a bank Account with mobile money through their mobile phone but this time their account number would be their mobile phone number

2.Today, we have more people with mobile phones than those with bank accounts. It will be a way to bridge the gap and ensure that everybody with mobile phone can have a bank account

3.Mobile Money would give provision for Broad-based accessibility and availability of banking services at a reasonable cost

4.Mobile Money would allow people in the rural areas send receive money from the comfort of their homes as it removes the need for physical point or presence.

Frequently asked Questions (FAQS)

1.What is the difference between internet banking and mobile Money?
Internet banking is strictly with the bank and you must have access to internet service whereas Mobile Money require only your mobile phone

2.How would consumers get Money on their phone?
Consumers would take their money to a mobile money scheme operator who would in turn convert it to digital money on consumer’s Mobile phone

3.Can I receive, make calls and access other service like migration from one tariff plan to the other while using Mobile SIM card?
Yes. The Mobile SIM card is a normal SIM card, and has the same functionality as any other SIM

4.Do I need a bank account to use mobile Money?
No. you do not need a bank account or internet service to use Mobile Money

5.Can I use my current SIM card for Mobile Money service?
Yes. You may use your existing SIM if it is Mobile Money compatible. The Mobile Money menu is displayed on all compatible SIM cards. If your SIM is not compatible, you may request for a SIM swap or purchase a new SIM.

6.Do all mobile phones support mobile money?
Yes. The mobile money application is registered on the SIM card and is independent of the Mobile phone.

7. How do I keep my Mobile Money Account secure?
You need to keep your Account PIN secret from others. Memorize your Account PIN and do not carry it with your phone. Never give away your Account PIN. If you have reasons to believe your Account PIN has been compromised, you can change the Account PIN from the Mobile Money menu

8.What is my Pin?
PIN stands for personal identification Number. It is a 4-digit number known only to you, and is used to authenticate your Mobile Money transactions. You are required to remember you PIN at all times

9.Why is NCC involved in Mobile money?
Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) would see how service providers can provide delivery services on their network while ensuring Consumers enjoy good quality service. NCC would ensure interoperability, network integrity, and adequate quality of service and affordable process of transaction cost to make it convenient for consumers to use Mobile Money.

http://www.kindluv.com/index.php/component/content/article/8-site/319-what-you-need-to-know-about-mobile-money

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by confusion247(m): 8:08am On Feb 01, 2013
Thanks for your explanations.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by 80million1: 5:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
*speechless*

to my dear poster above,with ur USERNAME,are u sure u understood what the guy wrote?
Cuz i see u thanking him for his explanation.
Jst Joking.

5 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by purpinkx(m): 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
*speechless*

to My dear poster above converting your handle.name to its naira equivalent don't you thinking mobile banking is risky ?
cheesy
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by lomprico(m): 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
Will my phone spit out money like an ATM?

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
I don't think this mobile money thingy will ever catch on in Nigeria. Those propagating it should just dump the idea.
More POS and GEJ should please supply enough power to use them. I'm cool with my ATM card Chikena!

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Gboyee4fun(m): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Kudos to u, but avin Bank acct is stil better than money mobile stuff because u wil still be searchin for money mobile operator scheme b4 u can get d cash
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by wonda26(m): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
If u want to make payment to a place(market, church, payment for services) & †ђe people nor get the facility to accept ur mobile money nko?
For church nko, offertory box go dey accept mobile money? undecided

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by obicentlis: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Yahoo Yahoo boys go smile soon if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by warrior101: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
This is gonna be interesting. I need to spend a penny then come back to read all the posts. Brb cool
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
obicentlis: Yahoo Yahoo boys go smile soon if care is not taken.
what are you talking about, dey are already smiling. You will see one riff raff in a remote village with laptop and Mtn modem will use it to control someones mastercard or visa card in America. E come be their backyard the thing dey happen.*yawning*
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Ebestsmscom: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
Good improvement if Naijarians will adopt it.

I started using it last year.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by kamez(m): 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nice innovation, but as far as its in dis naija, I tink I will pass and just stick to my bank account and Atm.. Which already has more problems dan I can currently handle...

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Koikoi(m): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
I want to know how to convert my mobile money to cash if some pays me with mobile money.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Antho4lyf(m): 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mr poster u made metion of the advantages only without leting us knw Of the disadvantages
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Igwe9(m): 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
This is a mobil application version of internet banking.
I guess it won't be compatible with every mobile phone and I'm also afraid of the initial challenges that may come along.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Igwe9(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
Koikoi: I want to know how to convert my mobile money to cash if some pays me with mobile money.
You can cash it in any ATM or mobile money center, or better-still transfer it to your real bank account.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Piro4rl(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
Just watching
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by NET1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
What a coincidence. I just came out from Firstbank's training for Mobile money Agents here in PH. I think Mobile Money is the way to go. Embrace it now.

.NET
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by warrior101: 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
Igwe.:

You can cash it in any ATM or mobile money center, or better-still transfer it to your real bank account.

Please sir, how do i cash mobile money in ATM. I am lost there...
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by rodeo0070(m): 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
You need to have the experience. Its awesome and nice...
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by babanne(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
informative.how dors one get physical cash out of d mobile money account to spend?
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by danniekute(m): 7:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
wonda26: If u want to make payment to a place(market, church, payment for services) & †ђe people nor get the facility to accept ur mobile money nko?
For church nko, offertory box go dey accept mobile money? undecided
...ask ur Pastor his/her mobile money details then u can wire ur offering direct to his fone..
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Igwe9(m): 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
warrior101:

Please sir, how do i cash mobile money in ATM. I am lost there...
You can transfer it to your account that uses ATM.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Nkembenard(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
.NET:
What a coincidence. I just came out from Firstbank's training for Mobile money Agents here in PH. I think Mobile Money is the way to go. Embrace it now.

.NET
undecided so the trainer dint train the trainee on the disadvantages of mobile money huh!undecided undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Nkembenard(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
danniekute: ...ask ur Pastor his/her mobile money details then u can wire ur offering direct to his fone..
gringringrin..ONE CHANCE
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by maxibrainz: 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
How i wish this mobile money would also be in this format
1. I can load recharge card of the amount of money i want to send to someone.
2. Once i send it the person can transfer the credit to his/her bank acount and withdraw the money i sent in cash.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by sestob(m): 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
SUREST INFORMATION
For the Latest News, Forum, Free Browsing Tips, Bloggers Tips, Make Money Tips, Sport News and Blackberry Tips. Visit http://www.surestinfo.com
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by PRODUTIM1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
What is d difference between mobile money and mobile banking? Because I av been using the latter and it is very good.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by Bacteriocin(m): 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
If thief catch you e go send all the money go him account
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Money by ITbomb(m): 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
I think pocketmoni is better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pumping Dollars To Strengthen Naira, An Artificial Solution – Expert / Bad Experiences You've Had With Your Banks? / Dangote Floats $100m Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.