Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? (1280 Views)

Cossy Orjiakor Holds A Glass Of Wine With Her Boobs (Photos) / "No Date Rapi-ng For Me, This Is How I Drink In The Club" / "no Date rap-ing for Me, This Is How I Drink In The Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by apache77(m): 7:37am On Feb 01, 2013
I am getting married in the next few months and my traditional marraiage- igbankwu nwanyi- comes up in a few weeks to my girl of 7years. I have chronicled my issues with her here in some posts (She was meant to be my bootycall)- the first which came in 2007 or so.

When I met her, there were one or two men in her past she had been involved with and it seemed as if she was still seeing one or both- me I was the ‘small’ boy, the 'poor' boy who was not even Igbo who seemed to stand no chance.

Seven years on with a better attitude
and with her more matured disposition, I have managed to muscle everybody out and we are now getting married with so much angst from the committee of rejected boyfriends and their friends- and even some of her family members.

Due to this rancourous build up, a friend adviced me that on the day of the traditional wedding in her village, I should not drink the wine she ( my wife) will give me when she searches for her husband in the crowd.

I found this quite strange and was still thinking how to tell her just incase she felt I thought her family will poison me when she called me yesterday night to tell me that when her mother has said I should not drink the wine she(my wife) gives me on that day.

She explained to me that if her father was alive, he would have been the one to hand her wine to give me, but since he is no more, it would be any of her uncles (who she has never gotten along with anyway) that would give her the wine. She says I should discretely pour the wine on the ground, stuff notes in the horn or gouard and stand up with her.

Someone from her place says that would be slighting my inlaws and it may cause disaffection especially if there’s no bad intention towards me.

Since I am not Ibo- my question is- Should I drink the wine or not? If I don’t, would they refuse to give me my wife or would I simply seem like a coward in the eyes of my inlaws? Has anyone heard of an instance of poisoning an inlaw on his igbankwu through the wine he is customarily supposed to drink?

Please answer me before I walk open eyed to my wife…..or death.
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by overdrive(m): 7:51am On Feb 01, 2013
Since u hv been warned what else do u need here.coming to d aspect of drinking d wine most people did then but these days due to bad belle ppl d glasses/cups are most times empty and when it contains wine u just graze ur lips on d tip of d cup and then drop on d ground stand up and dance chikena no need risking ur life unnecessarily.wish u d best.
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by hrmkz: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2013
if u dont drink you wont get a wife.
if you drink, you may loose your life.
choose one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by KINGwax(m): 8:37am On Feb 01, 2013
first, how and why did u incline urself into such a horrific and terrorizin relationship? U were evn proud to say u 'musculed' eveybody out and now, u're walkin evryday of ur life glancin ova ur shoulders!!
Second, for an effective advice, with the help of ur trusted frnds, dt day, some minutes to the poisonin ceremony, drink some palm oil and allow a little remain in ur mouth. Make sure u av a sizeable face towel ( preferably wine colour).
Now, wen approached wit d cup of poison, dnt drink while sittin, stand up. I biliv u are taller than ur wife so it wont be easy feedin u up there. It will require u support wit ur hand. This is where u make sure no matter how high she raises the contents to slide into ur mouth, u control it. Do not open ur mouth. Pretend u took a sip, bt dnt open ur mouth for d contents to slide in bt u can allow d cup go higher like u really took a sip.
Now, immediately d cup goes down, with handkerchief, pretend u are wipin ur mouth bt in the real sense, spit all the saliva in ur system into it and pocket it jes in case a little poison has found it's way into ur mouth.
Note, the palm oil reduces the efficacy of poisonin. And since u aint takin a large quantity, the little ones who managed to go down ur throat will be dealt with by the ever ready stomach enzymes!!!
But..the real point is, why marry from an enemy? If they can't kill u now, u'll be dead later.
So, save up for coffin too!!!
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by BluStreak(m): 9:00am On Feb 01, 2013
My guy, don't think this twice. Your mother inlaw has warned you already. Since ur father inlaw is dead, you owe no uncles of ur wife nada. Don't drink the wine. Just collect it from your wife to be, dance with her to d front of the table were ur inlaws are sitted waiting and drop d glass with its contents on the table. If they enquire, tell them your fate prohibits any form of alcohol intake. Is as simple as that.
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by Acidosis(m): 9:30am On Feb 01, 2013
I will drink and drink and then order for more... Nobody fit jazz me...

My guy, babalawo pass babalawo , power pass power... Go get some holy ghost ajesara grin before your wedding day.. speak in tongues and sip the damn thing!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 01, 2013
It is better you don't drink the wine instead regretting d decision in ur grave
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by mikeywise(m): 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
@ op, i will advise u not to drink the wine, it has nothing to do with whether u are igbo or not. this days even igbos dont drink the wine from that cup these days.
the heart of man is desperately wicked.
this is what u must do, get two identical cups, give them (ur inlwas) one and let ur people (ur sisters, brothers) (those u trust) hold the other one.
wen it gets to dat time ( wen ur wife will give u the drink),at de point where she gives u the drink, the drink will be exchanged with de one ur people have.
she will be on her knees which is most likely, so while changind de drink, ur people would have blocked the camera.
goodluck and happy married life in advance.
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
Pls don't drink d wine! U hav been warned
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
mikeywise: @ op, i will advise u not to drink the wine, it has nothing to do with whether u are igbo or not. this days even igbos dont drink the wine from that cup these days.
the heart of man is desperately wicked.
this is what u must do, get two identical cups, give them (ur inlwas) one and let ur people (ur sisters, brothers) (those u trust) hold the other one.
wen it gets to dat time ( wen ur wife will give u the drink),at de point where she gives u the drink, the drink will be exchanged with de one ur people have.
she will be on her knees which is most likely, so while changind de drink, ur people would have blocked the camera.
goodluck and happy married life in advance.

Yep, this is exactly what happened at my buddies trad over the holidays. The palm wine was exchanged for sprite. Found it very amusing as I'm not superstitious at all and try to stay as open minded as possible, but whatever gives you peace of mind sha.
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by tunapawizzy: 11:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
people wen carry u go d village dun warn u make u no drink wine,,,u still dey ask us weda make u drink/not,,,,ma guy if anything happen to u,,,na u commit suicide o......
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 02, 2013
Form taking a sip.
You need not drink.
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by seunfly: 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
My brother, as a christain i will drink it and nothing will happen to me, but i don't know the level of ur faith and comitment to God.
However u may decide not to drink it but u have to apply wisdom so as not look like outright rejection. U may pretend as if the cup fall from ur hand or from her hand, u will give her a big hug and kiss to cover the whole thing up and make it more romantic and love affairs galoo.
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by Exponental(m): 4:23am On Feb 03, 2013
I go fear dat marriage ooooo. Why not give up?
Re: Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? by dacutie1(f): 5:45am On Feb 03, 2013
since you've been warned before hand don't drink the wine. during mine, myself n my hubby didn't drink,he discreetly poured it on the ground. nobody is really going to see cos you are going to be kinda hidden in the crowd.............good luck smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? / When Love Hurts?? / Adultery: Would You Go This Far To Say You Are Sorry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.