Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,054 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Knowing A True Propet. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowing A True Propet. (1719 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God! / Knowing A Man's Viginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowing A True Propet. by Canisma(m): 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
T.B Joshua only prophecies death death death

I laughed when I read comments from some people about T.b Joshua, they only news they wanna hear is good news.... ''you will live long'', ''you will build house next year'', ''you will marry''
Come on lets face the truth here, a prophet who says only what you want to hear is no prophet, a lot of pastors prophecy good to you because thats what they know you would want to hear... have you ever wandered what God has to say to you?

A lot of people says he sees only bad thing, thats a big lie...the truth is that he does the good one but the media wouldnt publicize it.. the bad ones are only publicize to warn people.... Tb Joshua went as far as warning Goodluck Jonathan about the plane crash but it went into deaf ears..

As a man of God, isnt he suppose to pray to stop it? My dear, Tb Joshua is just a man like us, the difference is the power of God in him....how can he pray when no one believes him? secondly, he has no power no stop nothing, even Jesus wasnt able to stop HIS own death..

In the Bible, there were about 400 prophets who prophesied good to a king, the king always wanted to hear good, so the prophets always told him what he wanted to hear. There was a day he was going to war, he asked his 400prophets if he was going to be victorious, for sure they said yes but he wasn't convinced enough, he asked if there was another prophet in town and all the prophets looked at each other, ''yes, but my king, that prophet only sees bad things''
But the king wanted to hear from him, he invited the prophet.. As usual, when asked, the prophet said he was going to loose in the war and adviced him not to go.... when he said that, the other prophets mocked him, ''you see my king, he only sees bad things''
To cut the story short, the king went and never came back alive, now tell me..how do you want the prophet to pray against his death when the man himself never believed?

Beware of false prophet... when we talk about false prophet a lot of people think about Tb Joshua... why do you think Tb Joshua is a false prophet? Is it because of the miracles he does, or is it that you believe only satan can be able tto perform such miralcles? Do you believe in God? why is it that when ever someone performs miracle you call it fake?
Are you trying to say God can't do miracles too? so I ask you not to judge.

Jesus warned us against false prophet, for Jesus Himself to have warned us, it means it will be very hard to detect a false prophet, He wants us to be careful.... now, everyone pointing hands at TB Joshua, isnt it obvious that if that man was fake you wouldnt even know, you wouldn't even suspect at all..... for Jesus to have warned us, it means that it will be hard to identify a fake prophet..
Now don't you think satan is trying to turn God's word upside down?
Why is everyone pointing at Tb Joshua?
Is he one of the false prophets the Bible the Bible was talking about? Believe me, if he was, you wouldn't even know.. satan has a way of hiding things.

Believe, there are a lot of false prophets in 9ja, that doesnt mean there are no real ones.... by their fruit you shall know them.. what bad fruit have you seen in Tb Joshua??
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by ichuka(m): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Canisma: T.B Joshua only prophecies death death death

I laughed when I read comments from some people about T.b Joshua, they only news they wanna hear is good news.... ''you will live long'', ''you will build house next year'', ''you will marry''
Come on lets face the truth here, a prophet who says only what you want to hear is no prophet, a lot of pastors prophecy good to you because thats what they know you would want to hear... have you ever wandered what God has to say to you?

A lot of people says he sees only bad thing, thats a big lie...the truth is that he does the good one but the media wouldnt publicize it.. the bad ones are only publicize to warn people.... Tb Joshua went as far as warning Goodluck Jonathan about the plane crash but it went into deaf ears..

As a man of God, isnt he suppose to pray to stop it? My dear, Tb Joshua is just a man like us, the difference is the power of God in him....how can he pray when no one believes him? secondly, he has no power no stop nothing, even Jesus wasnt able to stop HIS own death..

In the Bible, there were about 400 prophets who prophesied good to a king, the king always wanted to hear good, so the prophets always told him what he wanted to hear. There was a day he was going to war, he asked his 400prophets if he was going to be victorious, for sure they said yes but he wasn't convinced enough, he asked if there was another prophet in town and all the prophets looked at each other, ''yes, but my king, that prophet only sees bad things''
But the king wanted to hear from him, he invited the prophet.. As usual, when asked, the prophet said he was going to loose in the war and adviced him not to go.... when he said that, the other prophets mocked him, ''you see my king, he only sees bad things''
To cut the story short, the king went and never came back alive, now tell me..how do you want the prophet to pray against his death when the man himself never believed?

Beware of false prophet... when we talk about false prophet a lot of people think about Tb Joshua... why do you think Tb Joshua is a false prophet? Is it because of the miracles he does, or is it that you believe only satan can be able tto perform such miralcles? Do you believe in God? why is it that when ever someone performs miracle you call it fake?
Are you trying to say God can't do miracles too? so I ask you not to judge.

Jesus warned us against false prophet, for Jesus Himself to have warned us, it means it will be very hard to detect a false prophet, He wants us to be careful.... now, everyone pointing hands at TB Joshua, isnt it obvious that if that man was fake you wouldnt even know, you wouldn't even suspect at all..... for Jesus to have warned us, it means that it will be hard to identify a fake prophet..
Now don't you think satan is trying to turn God's word upside down?
Why is everyone pointing at Tb Joshua?
Is he one of the false prophets the Bible the Bible was talking about? Believe me, if he was, you wouldn't even know.. satan has a way of hiding things.

Believe, there are a lot of false prophets in 9ja, that doesnt mean there are no real ones.... by their fruit you shall know them.. what bad fruit have you seen in Tb Joshua??
So what's the cateria of knowing/discerning a true prophet of God?is it merely prophesying/doing miraculous deeds(even Satan can do better than that)or is it by imparting a Person(Christ) to believers?(NO DISRESPECT to him and his Ministry ooh)
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by jaydude(f): 7:55am On Feb 04, 2013
U are f.ool.ish...ure d next to post just after d op and ure quoting his sermon...seun needs to educate some Nlders on quoting posts!
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Joagbaje(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2013
How to know a true prophet and false prophet is in their fruit. Who get the glory who is he leading people to? False prophets leads people away from God and salvation. True prophet confess lordship of Jesus
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

How to know a true prophet and false prophet is in their fruit. Who get the glory who is he leading people to? False prophets leads people away from God and salvation. True prophet confess lordship of Jesus

Oga false prophet abeg sharrap angry Even Jesus warned us that false prophets like you would preach in his name and some would even do miracles in his name. The fact that you confess the lordship of Jesus does not mean you are not a false prophet. Even the devil acknowledges and confesses the lordship of Jesus. The standard for knowing a false prophet as taught by Jesus is by their fruit and Judging from the fruits you and your mentors display, we don't need to look very far.

3 Likes

Re: Knowing A True Propet. by ichuka(m): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2013
jaydude: U are f.ool.ish...ure d next to post just after d op and ure quoting his sermon...seun needs to educate some Nlders on quoting posts!
lol.
According to Proverb14:17,who is the f.ool.ish one here?
Try and get yourself busy.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Joagbaje(m): 10:00am On Feb 04, 2013
Pastor Kun:
Oga false prophet abeg sharrap angry Even Jesus warned us that false prophets like you would preach in his name and some would even do miracles in his name. The fact that you confess the lordship of Jesus does not mean you are not a false prophet. Even the devil acknowledges and confesses the lordship of Jesus. The standard for knowing a false prophet as taught by Jesus is by their fruit and Judging from the fruits you and your mentors display, we don't need to look very far.

You the most unstable man I've ever seen on Nl . And talking with you is wasting precious time because you don't have any meaningful contribution ?But can you defend this lie of yours from scriptures .

Even the devil acknowledges and confesses the lordship of Jesus.

Lets have the scripture reference Mr critic.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2013
^
Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’

1 Like

Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Joagbaje(m): 10:47am On Feb 04, 2013
^^
Are you Kunle 2?

The scripture you quoted has nothing to do with demon calling Jesus lord.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 04, 2013
Any PROPHET/PASTOR who supports a FALSE PROPHET despite all the evidence to the contrary is also FALSE PROPHET.

2 Likes

Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje: ^^
Are you Kunle 2?

The scripture you quoted has nothing to do with demon calling Jesus lord.

i understand what pastor kun meant; if u don't den small wonder y he accused u. by d way who is kunle?

2 Likes

Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Joagbaje(m): 11:12am On Feb 04, 2013
Calculus12:

i understand what pastor kun meant; if u don't den small wonder y he accused u. by d way who is kunle?

Let him answer his own query
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje: Let him answer his own query

Lol!!!

and who says i am answering 4 him? Pastor kun can answer 4 himself but considering dat dis is a public forum i have d right 2 contribute. if u want it private den send him a PM.

demons also confessed dat Christ is d Son of God in d quote below:

Matthew 8:28-29

28 When he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes,two demoniacs coming out of the tombs met him. They were so fierce that no one could pass that way. 29 Suddenly they shouted, “What have you to do with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?”

2 Likes

Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje: Let him answer his own query

I am really shocked that a supposed pastor like yourself does not know that your master the devil acknowledges the lordship of Jesus christ. I weep for the souls you are leading astray. I am currently browsing with my phone, when I have time to set up my laptop I would post appropriate scripture for you to learn from.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2013
Calculus12:

Lol!!!

and who says i am answering 4 him? Pastor kun can answer 4 himself but considering dat dis is a public forum i have d right 2 contribute. if u want it private den send him a PM.

demons also confessed dat Christ is d Son of God in d quote below:

Matthew 8:28-29

28 When he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes,two demoniacs coming out of the tombs met him. They were so fierce that no one could pass that way. 29 Suddenly they shouted, “What have you to do with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?”

Thanx for this scripture; the thought of the likes of joagbaje having the responsibility of pastoring a flock of christians makes me shudder in fear.

2 Likes

Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

You the most unstable man I've ever seen on Nl . And talking with you is wasting precious time because you don't have any meaningful contribution ?But can you defend this lie of yours from scriptures .

Lets have the scripture reference Mr critic.

Philippians 2:9-11
King James Version (KJV)

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Every tongue in the above context includes all creation including Joagbaje, the devil and his demons.

1 Like

Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Joagbaje(m): 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Philippians 2:9-11
King James Version (KJV)

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Every tongue in the above context includes all creation including Joagbaje, the devil and his demons.

Theological Trash! . Demons can't call Jesus lord. The day they do ,they will cease to be demons
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

Theological Trash! . Demons can't call Jesus lord. The day they do ,they will cease to be demons

It's good to know what you think about scriptures.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

Pastor Jo, which bible do you read ?
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
frosbel:

Pastor Jo, which bible do you read ?

He reads rhapsody of realities and other thrash written by oyakhilome.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

okay! oya back ya claim wit scriptures since u r d 'theological giant'. make sure u show us exactly where dey mention d bolded in scriptures o!
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Joagbaje(m): 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Pastor Kun:

He reads rhapsody of realities and other thrash written by oyakhilome.

Rhapsody will help remove the scale from your eyes.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Joagbaje(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
Calculus12:
okay! oya back ya claim wit scriptures since u r d 'theological giant'. make sure u show us exactly where dey mention d bolded in scriptures o!

Did i tell you it's a quotation from the bible? If I did pls point it out
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by JIL(m): 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
The Religion section is fast becoming a place of gathering of religious and non-religious clowns! grin
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

Rhapsody will help remove the scale from your eyes.

Is that why you are still blinded by greed?
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Goshen360(m): 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
JIL: The Religion section is fast becoming a place of gathering of religious and non-religious clowns! grin

Yes, you're right because many of US started by knowing our Lord as JESUS but we refused to know him as CHRIST. Christians weren't first called Christians because they KNEW JESUS but because they knew the CHRIST through JESUS and therefore, acted like CHRIST and they're called CHRISTians.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

Did i tell you it's a quotation from the bible? If I did pls point it out

Now i understand! u made a comment u can't back up scripturally but yet u ask pastor kun 4 a scriptural reference 4 d comment he made?
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 7:05am On Feb 05, 2013
Calculus12:

Now i understand! u made a comment u can't back up scripturally but yet u ask pastor kun 4 a scriptural reference 4 d comment he made?

Don't mind the hypocrite evidently he is just inventing his own doctrine. And even when I gave him scriptures to support my stance, he labels it "theological thrash" just because it contradicts the false teachings of Oyakhilome. Joagbaje is a typical example of a "christian" who would rather follow man than God. SMH
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 05, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Don't mind the hypocrite evidently he is just inventing his own doctrine. And even when I gave him scriptures to support my stance, he labels it "theological thrash" just because it contradicts the false teachings of Oyakhilome. Joagbaje is a typical example of a "christian" who would rather follow man than God. SMH

Dis might just be d case! though he strikes me as an okay guy n some of his threads r very good but there r topics dat he comments on dat makes one wonder whether he is christian or not. i think u might just b right. d sooner he focuses on Christ n not man d better.
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Joagbaje(m): 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
Calculus12:

You are just trying to cover up for your senior brother , I didn't say I can't bvk it up . I only said I didn't quote it from scripture. But your Oga claimed "the bible said" wretin bible no talk. He just lie for bible head .
Re: Knowing A True Propet. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Joagbaje:

You are just trying to cover up for your senior brother , I didn't say I can't bvk it up . I only said I didn't quote it from scripture. But your Oga claimed "the bible said" wretin bible no talk. He just lie for bible head .

Oya bros Jo, show us where pastor kun talk say "the bible said". See d comment for ground:

Pastor Kun:

hmmm...now who is d liar?

i still dey wait for d bible reference o!

2 Likes

Re: Knowing A True Propet. by PastorKun(m): 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Calculus12:

Oya bros Jo, show us where pastor kun talk say "the bible said". See d comment for ground:

hmmm...now who is d liar?

i still dey wait for d bible reference o!

Thanx for exposing the hypocrite once again. smiley

@Joagbaje
You see your life?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Morning Star ? / The Benefits Of Purity / Goliath's Skull Found In Holy Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.