Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,852 members, 7,855,523 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions (16924 Views)

Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal / President Hassan Rouhani Calls Buhari Over Army/shiite Clash / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Rhino5dm: 9:40am On Feb 02, 2013
For you, I will. cool

berem: alright honey! for you i will. wink
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by FreeGlobe(f): 9:42am On Feb 02, 2013
sam(obo):
Am not suprised this report is coming form the nation newspaper. This is a northern newspaper with el rufia as one of its largest shareholder and one of its board of directors.which translate to a northern newspaper.

What else can one expect from an igbo hater's news establishment other than blackmail and bias news reporting.

nooooooooo, its singularly owned by Mr. BOLA AHMED TINUBU (P.HD) AKA Tinubu. The usual quarters.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by 9jaIhail(m): 9:42am On Feb 02, 2013
berem: err, donchris please lemme correct that comment you just made.saying that i join my Yoruba friends to castigate Jonathan. I speak for myself and myself only. I do not hate Jonathan but i hate his policies which are majorly not favourable to Nigerians. I wanna also let you know that am not an ACN fan either because if you follow my comments well,i don't fail to pour out my grievances on fashola. I would never follow that same mentality of my fellow igbos about Jonathan having two igbo names which make him an igbo automatically. I have every right like every other forumites to air my views and i hate being intimidated because i don't share your views. I remember vividly how you verbally insulted and humiliated me on this forum for the reason best known to you.but hey,i wasn't discouraged to back out even when my yoruba friends stood by my side.

finally, as i said, i speak for myself and have it mind that this is a faceless forum. everyone is entitled to his or her opinion

@Berem.Looking at the bolded part in your comment which is the primary reason for your hatred on GEJ, now i want to ask you how many of these Nigerians cared to speak out when our past leaders kept implementing policies that meant to demote igbos from main stream of Nigeria politics and other affairs? When shall we igbos stop acting to be the only detrabalized Nigerians? Are you saying you are not happy that GEJ is using his position to change most of the policies our past leaders had used to weak igbos from rising.Our forefathers have used this nonsensical method of one Nigeria mindset and it back fired on us, how long shall it take us to learn.GEJ is not the best, he is dull,slow,clueless or whatever you or anyone may say but GEJ is smarter than you all, he knows what he is doing.

I doubt if any yoruba person can criticize OBJ if his priorities was bent on righting the wrong melted against the yoruba nation,same thing applies to the northerners, it is only we igbos that never support ours at the end of the day this same Nigerians will say igbos are not united,yes they are right we are not united because many of us refused to bent our minds on tribalism just like them.But honestly that our attitude is not paying us hence we need to change it.

If your hatred on GEJ is because you care so much for other Nigerians then you can go on and hate him that is your view and opinion which you are entitle to,as for me i and my family will continue singing GEJ praises as long as he is able to change those policies that had been use as weapon against my people i am careless about other things he is not getting right.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by FreeGlobe(f): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2013
miiraaj:

Bross,can u use ur head for once to reason?
No, am using your head fool.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Rhino5dm: 9:47am On Feb 02, 2013
Ha, wishing everybody is a rodent like you. Nkita Ara!

FreeGlobe:
why are you worried about my "monthly handouts coming from PDP Secretariat" when you have yours from ACN Secretariat. Abi are you not paid well? You wan switch lanes? This your paranoia self Rhino cheesy
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Rhino5dm: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2013
Front page? Am out!!!
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Ozonna(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
So, ki ni big deal? If the man favours his people? clear case of giving a dog a bad name to hang it. Who are those shouting and trying to skin this man alive because he is ibo?

Even though, I don't support any corruption or trying to hold brief for him but I want to shamelessly say here that the recruitment process in Nigeria military has alway been like this, right from the time immemorial. Those without sin should cast the first stone!.

Now, where were these people writing petition when small town like Zuru emirate council in Kebbi State produced many generals? The likes of General Ishaya Bamaiyi, Musa Bamaiyi, General Sani Sami? Jakolo?? No one complained when Musa Bamaiyi and Ishaya Bamaiyi, both Generals and brothers from thesame parents became ministers simultaneously?

Where were these people when General Ishaya Bamaiyi the then COAS enlisted truck loads of miscreants from his village into the Nigerian army disregarding the due process and the useless quota system?

Many of which can't even write their names? There was a time when more than half of recruits in Kaduna Jaji came from his village and at thesame time populating NDA with Zuru indigenes. Yes, quote me anytime!!!!

Selective Promotion Where were they when Obj promoted Nuhu Ribadu from mere Assistance Commissioner of Police ( ACP) to Assistance Inspector General of Police (AIG), the first of its kind in the history of the Nigerian police blatantly against the recommendation of Police Service Commission?

A Billion likes.

However, some pple from dat section of d country (blinded by tribalism) will always say dat dis scenario u painted here happened during d Military regime.

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 02, 2013
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2013
H
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

@Berem.Looking at the bolded part in your comment which is the primary reason for your hatred on GEJ, now i want to ask you how many of these Nigerians cared to speak out when our past leaders kept implementing policies that meant to demote igbos from main stream of Nigeria politics and other affairs? When shall we igbos stop acting to be the only detrabalized Nigerians? Are you saying you are not happy that GEJ is using his position to change most of the policies our past leaders had used to weak igbos from rising.Our forefathers have used this nonsensical method of one Nigeria mindset and it back fired on us, how long shall it take us to learn.GEJ is not the best, he is dull,slow,clueless or whatever you or anyone may say but GEJ is smarter than you all, he knows what he is doing.

I doubt if any yoruba person can criticize OBJ if his priorities was bent on righting the wrong melted against the yoruba nation,same thing applies to the northerners, it is only we igbos that never support ours at the end of the day this same Nigerians will say igbos are not united,yes they are right we are not united because many of us refused to bent our minds on tribalism just like them.But honestly that our attitude is not paying us hence we need to change it.

If your hatred on GEJ is because you care so much for other Nigerians then you can go on and hate him that is your view and opinion which you are entitle to,as for me i and my family will continue singing GEJ praises as long as he is able to change those policies that had been use as weapon against my people i am careless about other things he is not getting right.

nwanne, apart from making an igbo man COAS, what else has the clueless one done for ndi igbo? just gimme 5 major achievements of Jonathan to ndi igbo .then i will know that am the clueless one.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by miiraaj: 10:02am On Feb 02, 2013
Ozonna:

A Billion likes.

However, some pple from dat section of d country (blinded by tribalism) will always say dat dis scenario u painted here happened during d Military regime.

Obj, a yoruba from d SW, promoted Nuhu Ribadu,a fulani from NE, against the recommendation of PSC. Can an Igbo man do d same to somebody from another zone? Igbo people trust no one but themselves. They favour ONLY their fellow Igbo. Dts y they will ALWAYS loose out. Its d Igbo vs Everybody.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by cheleku(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2013
CyberG: The posters up here are iboz and their response to this issue is not surprising. In 1966, iboz did the same and their people just waived it off. No problem but history has a way of repeating itself. Ihejirika will soon have to leave, even so GEJ may have to leave. What do you think will happen then if you thumb your noses at the rest of the country? Even should no one leave, Ihejirika cannot issue a single command that will be executed if he riles up and loses the respect of the army. Exactly the same thing happened in 1966 when a seargent major told the new commanding officer that none of his command will be executed except on conditions and the rest is history. A word is enough.
Bloody kangaroo.

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 02, 2013
OK am outta here! make una enjoy the thread! grin
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by chidooh1: 10:07am On Feb 02, 2013
yeye people, when malam dominated the military with his loyalists igbo man was no where near them, now justice is about to take place and they are complaining, must 80% of Nigeria army come from north ,is military promotion for only the northerners? let them feel the pains now because igbo man is not naturally made to feel pains alone.

3 Likes

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by donchris369: 10:10am On Feb 02, 2013
Please sir, i am not lecturing you. And what did obasanjo achieve in 8years that everyone is calling for Gej's head in 2 and half years. Please lecture me more sir. You know i am not a fool to easily fall for propaganda.
slim fit :

Yes sir don't lecturer us abeg. It looks like you have been fooled already didn't he promise fresh air which means a change that is what some voters are expecting if can't deliver it resign simple,

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by hugafella(m): 10:12am On Feb 02, 2013
CyberG:

Really? If things go awry and there is a repeat of 1966 or something not pleasant, who will you blame? I hope no one complains if there is a fall out from Ihejirika's folly.

Do u think from your anus? So what can possibly happen that can be worse than what we have seen? For all these years that the SE had little representation in the armed forces, who shouted? Who is complaining about hausas in customs and efcc,NNPC. They are evrywhere, and still use our money against us, by sponsoring and giving tacit support to BH. Please I see nothing wrong with trying to balance things up. Nigeria has never and will never belong to the hausas. This is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 02, 2013
When u do something too much without recourse to the sensitivity of others then u re bound to repeat same history same way!!!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Those that started the Civil War and all what transpires before the War also thought they ''Had it......they are gonna ''KILL IT''.....everything is in place.....act first then think the consequence later........ undermining the power of the rest until History was created and big-blow was suffered by those who think they are SMARTER!!!

Truly, it was not same world as then,those who suffered it has evolved but never forget,those who leashed the terror are not dormant,they have also evolved........!!!

This is never an issue as it will take just one-day for another president with popular military and majority support to change all this FAVOURITISM and NEPOTISM being created by a section of the Country!!!

Nigeria is suffered cuz when HAUSA/FULANI get there,HE is gonna do the unquestionable WORST same way HE was taught in the 60s!!!!

It is Either Mutual Destruction or Mutual Respect!!! But Punch pass Punch!!! Beat me I Beat U, somebody's hit is gonna be more felt than the Other!!!!

Cyclical problem in a failed system with non-allegiance and respect!!!

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by slimfit1(m): 10:18am On Feb 02, 2013
donchris369: Hey berem! I see you running from one thread to another calling Gej clueless, corupt and incompetent. I guess, you were just being brainwashed by all these your yoruba friends that you always follow them in trying to bring down Gej's government without looking at the bigger picture. That is the power of the media and propaganda. They want to annihilate and humiliate the igbos hence trying to bring Gej down because he has done what no other leader could do by making ihejirika an igbo man the coas for the first time since 1966. I urge berem to go and study your history and you will come to understand the high-wired politics being played by the yorubas to bring Gej down to spite the igbos. Their hidden agenda is begining to be exposed. Its all politics. We are waiting for them in 2015, after then in 2019 the igbos will take over. May i ask you berem. Was obasanjo's regime corrupt? Was abdusalami, abacha and ibb regime corrupt? No one talks about them but the media is always awash with Gej this Gej that. May i ask you again berem. Did Gej start oil subsidy and oil theft, vandalsm etc? Ask yourself so many questions. Politics is very complicated and complex, break it down to and fro and you will understand the game. I respect you much cos your always in the politics section unlike the romance section like other women which is rare, but you are not learning the game. In as much as i have my reservations on Gej, i can never be fooled.

Yes sir don't lecturer us abeg. It looks like you have been fooled already didn't he promise fresh air which means a change that is what some voters are expecting. if he can't deliver it resign simple, it's not by force he must be president na by force. You can settle for less, we want the bigger picture. We are not going to wait for someone that want to keep comparing him self with failed past leaders.
people like us are very concerned about the future of our unborn kids, i believe you have mortgaged yours but you are just too foolish to know sir. and it's lecture not lecturer don't try to score a cheap point to attack me I know how to spell thank you.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by checklots: 10:18am On Feb 02, 2013
It is unfortunate that we run our country this way. Ihejirika did not start it. It has been like this for ages. This unfortunate trend must be checked as it is against the spirit One Nation. Tribalism is killing this country. This happens in our agencies and parastatals. All the geo-political zones in this country are guilty of this. It is all about my people and my people. A friend narrated how her organisation (public organisation) management changed policies to favour staff from the Chairman and DG or MD region (both from the same region). All these they did to ensure that staff from other regions were not given grade levels above their people level. They terminated the recognision of professional qualifications e.g ICAN because their people are not likely to have the qualification. This is rather unfortunate!May God help us
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by 9jaIhail(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2013
berem: nwanne, apart from making an igbo man COAS, what else has the clueless one done for ndi igbo? just gimme 5 major achievements of Jonathan to ndi igbo .then i will know that am the clueless one.

You don't need me to list his few policies that has affected the igbo nation positively one way or the other,i only want you to use your tongue count your teeth.

I am not saying GEJ is the best but his Government is affecting the igbos in a positive way, Igbos are feeling belonging in GEJ Govt than any other Govt ever.I am just been tribal here yes i know, but i learned from my brethren across Niger.

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 02, 2013
@mod sori 4 derailing d thread. Pls can someone comfirm to me d autenticity of Immigration recruitment dat a friend just informed me. He also claimed he has applied since tuesday nd that d application wil soon be ova. But culdnt giv d link cos according to him someone helped him apply in a cyber café
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Cyrus12(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2013
goldfish80: The North and other Zones have always been favoured in recruitment/pormotion in the army more than the SE. Ever wondered why many Igbos adopt Hausa names just to get into the army? If they are trying to balance things up then so be it!

Well spoken, he measured it well..I
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Cyrus12(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2013
goldfish80: The North and other Zones have always been favoured in recruitment/pormotion in the army more than the SE. Ever wondered why many Igbos adopt Hausa names just to get into the army? If they are trying to balance things up then so be it!

Well spoken, he measured it well..
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by hugafella(m): 10:26am On Feb 02, 2013
miiraaj:

Obj, a yoruba from d SW, promoted Nuhu Ribadu,a fulani from NE, against the recommendation of PSC. Can an Igbo man do d same to somebody from another zone? Igbo people trust no one but themselves. They favour ONLY their fellow Igbo. Dts y they will ALWAYS loose out. Its d Igbo vs Everybody.

I wish you would read this my response. Please tell me which tribe in Nigeria risks all to travel and settle in every nook and cranny of Nigeria? ibos are so open minded and far more. Practically committed to the Nigerian project than most other lip-syncing, hypocritical tribes. Please face the facts. And leave sentiments out of this. Ibos will always HATE and despise people who love eating other people's shi.t and taking nonsense. Justice must always prevail as long as Nigeria is still "one".

1 Like

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by Boss13: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2013
The Army is a secret organization and its matter must be dealt with secretly. I wonder why it is washing its dirty clothes in public.
Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by takedat(m): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2013
donchris369: Brother! Thank you and may God bless you plentiful. I know we igbos are wiser, it is only those that sell their to.to that will want to sell us out, but we shall castrate them. Rubbish!
Be a gentleman for once and leave the lady out of your agenda, it isn't a must she falls into your line of reasoning. Your comments portray you as ill-mannered, must you slander her because of her conviction? Its either you are a poo-prudder or a jerk. Quit being a fuckwit abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Petitions At National Assembly Over Army Promotions by kingcobra1(m): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2013
Der is a trend here...most of yoruba commentators here r not even fighting for der tribe rather dey r here talking abt hausa/fulani stuff....hausa/fulani will wipe out d Igbos...hausa/fulani will do dis or do dat....y r d yorubas campaigning for d north...does it mean u depend on them for survival?.....If wat is being insinuated happens to b true it is called NEPOTISM....bt I will suggest d yorubas leave hausa/fulani alone n fight for themselves.....But come to think of it...y not publish all d commands in d army together with der chief let's see who is cheating who....publishing d commands being controlled by d Igbos is rather bias n in bad faith

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Polls: Northern Emirs Back Jega - Punch / Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) / FG Orders Weapons, Ammunition From Slovakia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.