Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? (909 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? / Photo: The Testimony Of The Unbeliever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
[size=14pt]I would like to hear the best cases against atheism.[/size]

So far, we have found so many christian arguments/stances that atheists have destroyed on NL;
-Tithing; Some christians tithe, some do huge offerings. The scam of tithing has been exposed by both atheists and christians as well
-Marriage as a holy institution; Gay and non-religious marriages have been shown to incur less divorce rates than some christian marriages.
-The sadistic doctrine of hell; Atheists and frosbel have shown how sadistic to believe that people will burn in fire just for not believing in religion
-Religious morality; Atheists have shown the problems with morality from the bible from a vengeful old testament God to a suicidal Jesus and a sexist Paul.

So what clear cut argument do you have against atheism? Why are you not an atheist(or agnostic)?
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
I don't understand why atheists wont accept Satan as their personal lord and saviour.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
advocate666: I don't understand why atheists wont accept Satan as their personal lord and saviour.

Satan is just another false god claiming to give humans what humans already have; knowledge
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 8:34am On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Satan is just another false god claiming to give humans what humans already have; knowledge

Who told you he were false?
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Bella3(f): 8:41am On Feb 05, 2013
This kweshion get k-leg + bowleg join. :-/
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

Satan has been the most abused god on earth, yet he takes it like a glutton for punishment
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by onetrack(m): 10:27am On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

Then bring proof of his existence.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 11:01am On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Satan has been the most abused god on earth, yet he takes it like a glutton for punishment

You avoided my question.
You know why? Besacuse you cannot honestly answer it without putting your atheism in doubt.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 11:01am On Feb 05, 2013
onetrack:

Then bring proof of his existence.

Are you an atheist?
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

You avoided my question.
You know why? Besacuse you cannot honestly answer it without putting your atheism in doubt.

Huh?

There is no evidence for your satan
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 11:18am On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Huh?

There is no evidence for your satan

Can you make this statement?: "I accept Satan as my personal Lord and Saviour"

Just say it, please.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

Can you make this statement?: "I accept Satan as my personal Lord and Saviour"

Just say it, please.

I accept Sat...god forbid!!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by onetrack(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

Are you an atheist?

Indeed I am an atheist.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by honeychild(f): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

haba!! You no fear to cuss God, but you fear Satan. You see why long-suffering does not pay? grin grin grin
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
onetrack:

Indeed I am an atheist.

Then say this: "I accept Satan as my personal Lord and Saviour"
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

You see, you are a fake atheist. You are still bound by the doctrines of religion. It is people like you that help religion propagate because you still accept their nonsense about Satan.

Statements like "I accept Satan as my personal Lord and Saviour" should be the same to an atheist as "I think it may be windy". But to you logicboy, it means the same thing as to a religious fellow. So you have not yet completely freed yourself from the shackles of religion.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by onetrack(m): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

Then say this: "I accept Satan as my personal Lord and Saviour"

I accept Satan as my personal Lord and Savior. What is supposed to happen next?
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
onetrack:

I accept Satan as my personal Lord and Savior. What is supposed to happen next?

Nothing. You see my point. The christian satanic doctrine is false. You free to do whatever you want including worshipping Satan. Logicboy is still bound by fear.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

You see, you are a fake atheist. You are still bound by the doctrines of religion. It is people like you that help religion propagate because you still accept their nonsense about Satan.

Statements like "I accept Satan as my personal Lord and Saviour" should be the same to an atheist as "I think it may be windy". But to you logicboy, it means the same thing as to a religious fellow. So you have not yet completely freed yourself from the shackles of religion.

Calm down.....I was only joking.

I couldnt care less about Satan.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Calm down.....I was only joking.

I couldnt care less about Satan.

Then pledge your life to Him.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

Then pledge your life to Him.

smiley

I pledge my life to Satan.

Are you happy now?

Can I lso pledge my life to Baal, Belzeebub, Esu, Loki, Baphomet and Mephistopheles?
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by wonlasewonimi: 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
If you see real satan...you go fit wait?
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

If you see real satan...you go fit wait?

Satan doesnt exist
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

smiley

I pledge my life to Satan.

Are you happy now?

Ol boy, you are on your own o! If things start happening to you no talk say na advocate push you to worship Satan. Satan is powerful o! Don't play with it.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by onetrack(m): 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
advocate666:

Ol boy, you are on your own o! If things start happening to you no talk say na advocate push you to worship Satan. Satan is powerful o! Don't play with it.

But bad things have already started to happen since I accepted Satan as my Lord!:

My coffee is now cold and it's a long way to the kitchen to get more!
The internet is slower than usual!
The maid came into the room and started vaccuuming the floor, irritating me!
I misplaced one of my pens!

What have I gotten myself into!?
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 07, 2013
advocate666:

What is now the difference between you and a christian threatening someone with Yhweh?
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by advocate666: 10:35am On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

What is now the difference between you and a christian threatening someone with Yhweh?

The difference is you. Your mental ability to distinguish madness from nonsense. I am disheartened by atheists like yourself and manmustwac who condemn Satanism from the stance of their previous religious indoctrination. What is Satanism but a general fvck-you in the direction of God. You don't get more atheistic than that.

You see Satanism as a religion based on the christian definition of the Devil but real Satanists are actually atheist calling the religious bluff and showing its ridiculousness.

I hope I have made myself clearer but you still have a lot to learn, boy.
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Ozegbe(m): 11:38am On Feb 07, 2013
logicboy....I can't believe you failed that simple test...even saying God forbid....you fall my hand...advocate just use you head and you obliged.....

how can you pledge your life to any of those rubbish myths?

As far as am consigned, there is neither God nor Satan...I can only pledge myself to the people I see....
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 07, 2013
advocate666:

The difference is you. Your mental ability to distinguish madness from nonsense. I am disheartened by atheists like yourself and manmustwac who condemn Satanism from the stance of their previous religious indoctrination. What is Satanism but a general fvck-you in the direction of God. You don't get more atheistic than that.

You see Satanism as a religion based on the christian definition of the Devil but real Satanists are actually atheist calling the religious bluff and showing its ridiculousness.

I hope I have made myself clearer but you still have a lot to learn, boy.

You are high on religious hopium.

sad
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Javanian: 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
Re: Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 08, 2013
Ozegbe: logicboy....I can't believe you failed that simple test...even saying God forbid....you fall my hand...advocate just use you head and you obliged.....

how can you pledge your life to any of those rubbish myths?

As far as am consigned, there is neither God nor Satan...I can only pledge myself to the people I see....

Jesus, Cant some people take a joke?

(1) (Reply)

'Decadent West Na-ked In Coffin Of Shame' / Redeemed Church To Build 3-kilometre Long Church Auditorium / Happy Birthday Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.