Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? (18442 Views)

Pastors In Texas Don't Have To Bless Or Join Gay Couples / Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? / Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by nexstorm(m): 4:44am On Feb 24, 2013
cplusplusidiot: ^
Na so so curse, hell, anger, fire etc na him una for that Nigeria sabi. To turn una country around, mba. To make una sef useful nko, iro. But when it comes to superstition, una faith and belief dey kampe. Shior.
to whom much is giving muchis expected and u know this about us,so what r u waiting for to begin the change.HYPOCRITES!
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Solozzo(m): 4:48am On Feb 24, 2013
Michaeljones36: GOD PUNISH YOU OP!!!

I put curses on you and your family. May all your children be born blind and crippled.

...now we'll find out. wink

Hahahahaaaaaa!!!

See what I mean.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by swtcharissa(f): 5:00am On Feb 24, 2013
Well I don't curse I only bless ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ when am so happy with what ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ have done,I howeva have noticed that if someone plans even physically T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ so much hurt me,damage my image(which I protect so well),or sometin...n I dnt fogive,even when I won't curse d person,sometin terrible happens T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ him or her or someone ard him or her
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by tete7000(m): 5:02am On Feb 24, 2013
Denying the efficacy of curses and blessings might in itself be a curse. One that had been incurred sometime from hard-heartedness.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by emeka762001(m): 5:20am On Feb 24, 2013
whoever God has blessed, no man curse

2 Likes

Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by hardbody: 5:22am On Feb 24, 2013
spyder880: I don't think so, if humans have the ability, why are our leaders not bent over double with heavy burdens after the millions of curse words flying their way every minute?

Bro, longest time, good to see you on this page. How far with the project? Mine got stalled but will be available for occupation by June ending. You are great man. Cheers.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by MacLovington(m): 5:23am On Feb 24, 2013
I think it's more like " vox populi vox Dei". The voice of the people is the voice of God.

If the Curse of a man happens to be sanctioned by God or higher powers, such a curse can become efficacious.

But if God is still giving the sinner the chance to repent, the evildoer might think curses don't work.

Take an armed robber who attacks people at home at night and violate married women. He may continue for sometime BUT get caught one day and hanged later.

His former co-violator who stopped robbery and become a good person might totally escape the curse after dedicating his life to God.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by enigmagu1(m): 5:58am On Feb 24, 2013
advocate666: Yes. There is a trick however. It works only if you believe.
It is wasteful to bless or curse an unbeliever.

i dont agree wit u sir...it depends on the offence, one woman had just one daugther, one tin led to the other she allowd a boy who took her to a quack for an abotion, d girl died n d mother cursed that young man the he will neva hear a cry of a baby in his house....That young man was not a believer bt he is still suffering that curse today..
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Freiburger(m): 6:04am On Feb 24, 2013
emeka762001: whoever God has blessed, no man curse
1,000likes.

1 Like

Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by naijaboyof4life(m): 6:17am On Feb 24, 2013
spyder880: I don't think so, if humans have the ability, why are our leaders not bent over double with heavy burdens after the millions of curse words flying their way every minute?

There are reasons.
1. People might be praying for them, so their prayer is countering your curses.
2. God doesn't want it.
3. It is working that why the country keeps having trouble. Once you cause the head, everything from the head down start having problem.
4. Some curses don't take immediate effect.
5. A sinner can't curse someone and except it to work to it's fullest potential.
6. A curse has to be sincere, meaning it is coming from the spirit not the flesh
But the best is to always bless because curses compound problems they don't solve it. The best word to use concerning our leaders is God will judge them according to their works and that the way they treat Nigeria(ns) is the same way their life must be and will be. That is all.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by naijaboyof4life(m): 6:20am On Feb 24, 2013
cplusplusidiot:
Gbam!

So many mothers and fathers have cursed them, but they are still thriving. We will never free ourselves of this archaic mentality. No one can claim that "blessings" work. Nigerians can't---and shouldn't---claim that, because if they did, the logical question will then be, "Why is the country still in disarray?"

Because Nigerians talk but they is no action. The bible says faith without works is useless. If a husband says that he loves his wife but does not show it, has he loved her? NO. Action speak louder than words. Nigerians including me lack action but are very good in words.

1 Like

Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by naijaboyof4life(m): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2013
Solozzo:

Hahahahaaaaaa!!!

See what I mean.

Curses only happen when it comes from the heart (sincerely) he is only joking but angels can say amen to it. So I decree and I declare that every curses that Michaeljones36 have laid on the OP be cancelled by fire, earthquake, tsnami, volcano, In Jesus Name.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 24, 2013
Na so so curse, hell, anger, fire etc na him una for that Nigeria sabi. To turn una country around, mba. To make una sef useful nko, iro. But when it comes to superstition, una faith and belief dey kampe. Shior.
‎u wey d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ there wetin ‎u don achieve?living on govt hand down! •̸№ come back come find better thing do and try drop ‎​dat ur yeye name cos Į̸̸̨ƭ has I'd.ot at the end and may Be ur own curse.

1 Like

Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Fproperties: 6:31am On Feb 24, 2013
pls dnt be fooled. because they refused to voice out dt which they secretly nursed doesn't mean they are well ok even in their millions. Ow many times ave they een flown out for treatment? Most doesn't even really enjoy their wealth. Some, their wife. U knw, it's only with d Lord u av true peace.
Even some of these pastors wo poses with their wives jes won't tell u what is going wrong. They may be rich appear healthy, but it is a curse to rip people off their sweats by lyin dt 'God says'. I'm not sayin everyone though.
Curses and blessings are real, and some doesn't even needed it be pronunced. U trigger it with a particular action.
Thank you
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by waja(m): 6:34am On Feb 24, 2013
Curse/blessing through prayer works.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by majekleo(m): 6:51am On Feb 24, 2013
Curses work 100% perfectly according to a verse in the bible which I read some time ago, its sad that I can't remember the book and verse, I would hove quoted it, however the verse in question said: "for anyone who deserves a curse and is cursed, it shall come to pass"
I'm sorry I can't remember the verse in the Holy Bible, but I am definitely sure I've come across it some time ago.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by searay(m): 7:05am On Feb 24, 2013
But PDP and the now APC has been cursing each other now.
What abour NLders cursing GEJ and he still remains the president of Nigeria.
Meanwhile, I have the power to curse. I curse one MOD who ban me unjustly, he's name is em...
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by nerodenero: 7:17am On Feb 24, 2013
The one God blesses,no man can curse.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by FOLLEY20(m): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2013
It is very much possible to either bless or curse people through the power of God or that of the devil.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Goldwine1(f): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2013
Is it because you are not close to them to witness what they actually go through, trust me ''you nor go like am''.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2013
A curse from a pure heart wronged can work.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Boyopumping: 7:40am On Feb 24, 2013
when u do smtin wrong and d just one pronounce a curse on u definitly it wil come tu pass it might not just come tu pass instantly because curses are powerful even witout such person cursin u 4 evry wrong u du ders alredy a punishment on ground 4 such
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by tunjiajayi: 7:54am On Feb 24, 2013
Yes humans can curse or bless, but not in the context to which most people believe. We are constantly cursing or blessing especially oneself. A curse or blessing is a subliminal suggestion that needs a receptive being for the curse or blessing to manifest.receptive here meaning believing. The most receptive group of people are the people that don't have any bearing as to what they want to believe, know or think ie the follow follows, people that follow fashion or fad or what is reigning. Highly manipulative set of people. That's why they are always being used.please figure this truth for yourself. Be hot or cold never be in the middle that way your are practically immune to suggestion. Remember humpty- dumpty he sat on the wall.that's the main lesson of that nursery ryhme. Be decided in living!
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by supaeagles(m): 7:56am On Feb 24, 2013
@OP.... yes humans can do so when pigs fly
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 24, 2013
Maybe 5 yrs ago,I would hv said I don't believe in curses or witchcraft. But when life puts certain twists on u ,u will hv to admit that indeed,there's more to things/life that's meets d eye.
Those that don't believe,I envy y'all,that state of innocence is priceless.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Hearme(m): 7:57am On Feb 24, 2013
SOUND THE CLOCK COMMENT. ITS EITHER WE HAVE SEVERAL NAIRALANDERS OUTSIDE NIJA OR PEOPLE SLEEP WITH THEIR PHONES CHECKING NAIRALAND.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by Zet72(m): 7:58am On Feb 24, 2013
cold:

Are you serious?Matthew 5:17..''Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill'' Matthew 5:18..For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
cool
cold:

Are you serious?Matthew 5:17..''Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill'' Matthew 5:18..For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
mister,stop babbling did u mention any law in ur first post,or how does Matthew 5 relate to ur first post,even the trash u spew in that post has no biblical back up..stop being a heretic.....
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by dayotheone(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2013
the power of humans are in there tongue , ....
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by mavinc4u(f): 8:24am On Feb 24, 2013
jackkyy: .

i dont believe that anybody can just curse u and it will just work. u got to check the person who is cursing. is his mind pure or not? i know someone whose father never wished him well and the dad always had bitterness in his heart towards him.
one day his dad got angry at him because he was defending the mother. the father told him " come get admission or visa for my front, sheybi na here i dey". the dude told him " na empty shell u dey shoot, check urself before u curse person. i no believe all that and na for ur front e go happen". within the space of 6 months the guy got admission and even won visa lottery and is already an american citizen as we speak. now his dad is so ashamed of himself. so when u bring yourself down psychologically by believing that, you have yourself to blame.
the curse did not take effect on the son because the father is guilty. Curse is real and it only takes effect when the cursed person is guilty.
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by tefund(m): 8:29am On Feb 24, 2013
no mind them
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by flameforx(m): 8:29am On Feb 24, 2013
obo_man: The question is wrongly framed in my opinion....

Humans do have the ability to do what can bring curses on them, without anybody having to curse them......

You beating your parents is a good example... They don't need to curse you, you already cursed...

from the above statement,i think the parents are already cursed to be beaten by their own kids IMO
Re: Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? by missjo(f): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2013
I love the second part of this statement

tpia1: the works of your hands are what bless or curse you.

for christians, there's a need to differentiate between curses, trials and temptations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary / President Adama Barrow Hosts Apostle Suleman / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.