Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. (19329 Views)

HELP!! I Can't Watch Youtube On My Blackberry / I Can't Play Youtube On My Bold 5 / Help! I Can't Watch Youtube With My Nokia Phone!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by cj1080(m): 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
So I just got a dandy bb bold 3 (android fan) cos of the noise from friends and colleuges (still find it a bore though).

Now unlike my android, I find that the bloody thing can't stream youtube videos from youtube.(Bummer).

So I decide to dig deep to find a solution to this conadrum and I find a lot of "its not possible over bis boo bo bo huhs".(Serious bummer).

I began to ask myself"u mean I am stuck on tubidy and vuclip on this thingy, no there must be something".

And alas it came to me via and obscure forum somewhere in cyberspace far far away.

So listen up, I will only say it once.

First you need a BB with OS 7 or a BB with browser updated to version 7. If not it won't work.

Next you need to go to youtube's website. Now this is where it gets interesting.
Notice that anytime you open youtube on yor browser or operamini it takes you to m.youtube.com.

Yeah and when you try to watch a video it tells you some crap about about only via your mobile network and YOU WILL BE CHARGED.

Now when your on mobile youtube, before you select a video, do me a favour, scroll down tothe end of the page.

You will notice a place it says mobile/desktop, with mobile in black.
Now click on desktop. It will take you to youtubes desktop site.

Now for the tricky part.

Wait for it,

Wait for it.

And just select a video let it open and wait for page to load, once it loads,wait for the video to play.

And that's it.

What were u expecting some fancy code url thingy.

That's all. Just make sure you keep the black video window visible.

You will notice the video loading after sometime. Then start to play on its on.

You will also notice your bb sign won't vanish either.

P.s some times it may tell u that " this video is not available for this device" just close the window and reopen it and it will play".

Ps please not it has been tried on a bold 3 and a touch 1 and 2. And it has been tried only on mtn's BIS.

Check whether glo or etisalat will alway you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by Francheezy(m): 12:03am On Feb 05, 2013
w0t r u saying ?
I watch y0utube v!de0s 0n bb9630(a!rtel bis) with0ut al diz senrenren..
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by khukhi(f): 2:04am On Feb 05, 2013
Don't u have to have airtime and not BIS for watching YOU TUBE Or any videos online?
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by cj1080(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2013
khukhi: Don't u have to have airtime and not BIS for watching YOU TUBE Or any videos online?

no its over BIS not your mobile network. so it doesnt charge your credit for watching it this way.

Just switch to 3G and go to youtube desktop site.that's all.

Francheezy: w0t r u saying ?
I watch y0utube v!de0s 0n bb9630(a!rtel bis) with0ut al diz senrenren..

We know, but check you bandwidth balance by sending 0 to 440. you will notice the deduction of bandwidth on each videoyou watch.

This process is for people on unlimited BIS like mtn or etisalat.
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by Francheezy(m): 10:52am On Feb 05, 2013
0okay...naw i see..tnx
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by Segunagagu(m): 5:28am On Feb 06, 2013
Its nt working. I tried it so many tymes. With even mtn.
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by brianromel(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2013
Segun agagu: Its nt working. I tried it so many tymes. With even mtn.

What blackberry are you using and what version is your browser. as he said OS 7 or Version 7 browser.
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by brianromel(m): 8:29am On Feb 06, 2013
Or try this way to download or watch the youtube video.

Follow this Very simple steps:
1. Go to YouTube, Open the video Page that you want to download

2. Now you have to make a small change in video link [ Replace "www" to "ss"]

For example http://www.youtube.com/video link to http://ssyoutube.com/video link

3. After it will redirect to a new site http://en.savefrom.net/

4. Now you have to choose the format of the video like mp4, 3gp, flv and also shows the video quality like 240p, 360p, 720p, 1080p

Thats it. very simple and easy way to download from youtube on your BB.

Or If you prefer you could just hit open and watch the video directly without downloading it.

1 Like

Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by LordReed(m): 9:32am On Feb 06, 2013
cj1080: So I just got a dandy bb bold 3 (android fan) cos of the noise from friends and colleuges (still find it a bore though).

Now unlike my android, I find that the bloody thing can't stream youtube videos from youtube.(Bummer).

So I decide to dig deep to find a solution to this conadrum and I find a lot of "its not possible over bis boo bo bo huhs".(Serious bummer).

I began to ask myself"u mean I am stuck on tubidy and vuclip on this thingy, no there must be something".

And alas it came to me via and obscure forum somewhere in cyberspace far far away.

First you need a BB with OS 7 or a BB with browser updated to version 7. If not it won't work.

Next you need to go to youtube's website. Now this is where it gets interesting.
Notice that anytime you open youtube on yor browser or operamini it takes you to m.youtube.com.

Yeah and when you try to watch a video it tells you some crap about about only via your mobile network and YOU WILL BE CHARGED.

Now when your on mobile youtube, before you select a video, do me a favour, scroll down tothe end of the page.

Now for the tricky part.

Wait for it,

Wait for it.

And just select a video let it open and wait for page to load, once it loads,wait for the video to play.

And that's it.

P.s some times it may tell u that " this video is not available for this device" just close the window and reopen it and it will play".

Ps please not it has been tried on a bold 3 and a touch 1 and 2. And it has been tried only on mtn's BIS.

Without HTML 5 or Adobe Flash support this does not seem to work.
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by Segunagagu(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2013
brianromel:

What blackberry are you using and what version is your browser. as he said OS 7 or Version 7 browser.

I use bold 5. So dat means its 7.0 os..abi
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by brianromel(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
Mine sometimes shows a sorry this video is not enabled for your device on the video screen

While sometimes its says buffering and plays after a while.

But it takes a while for the video to load.
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by potusjev: 9:25am On Feb 12, 2013
cj1080: So I just got a dandy bb bold 3 (android fan) cos of the noise from friends and colleuges (still find it a bore though).

Now for the tricky part.

Wait for it,

Wait for it.

And that's it.

Yea guy I knew this before now. I'm fund of dangling my boss's curve 4. The first time I watched a video, I emptied his balance. Though he wasnt mad at me. So the next I handled it, I just felt there must be a way out. So I scrolled down the page and saw that option so I decided to give it a trial. I watched till I forgot I was in a working envirinment. It works even with other networks.

But my challenge is i'm yet to use it on my HTC G2 Android platform.
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
brianromel: Or try this way to download or watch the youtube video.

For example http://www.youtube.com/video link to http://ssyoutube.com/video link

4. Now you have to choose the format of the video like mp4, 3gp, flv and also shows the video quality like 240p, 360p, 720p, 1080p

Or If you prefer you could just hit open and watch the video directly without downloading it.

Thanks for this tutorial bro. Already downloaded a few videos!
Thanks.
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by ABIAGO(m): 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
brianromel: Or try this way to download or watch the youtube video.

thanx man it work n i rrlly appreciate n God bless you
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by meykuzy(m): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Me
Re: How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. by Raymondluv(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
cj1080:
So I just got a dandy bb bold 3 (android fan) cos of the noise from friends and colleuges (still find it a bore though).

Now for the tricky part.

Wait for it,

Wait for it.

And that's it.

pls which fone is better bold 4 or touch 2

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. / Why Do Phone Cameras Deteriorate Over Time / Glo Gbam Xtra - 11k Per Sec To All Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.