Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. (40206 Views)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by RedLight1: 11:47am On Feb 20, 2013
pleep: ^ if u had enough guns you could
even if u have nuclear bomb, u cnt.. U will only start unecessary war
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by IKenn(m): 11:50am On Feb 20, 2013
lekkie073: and who says we will welcome back slaves? abeggiiii...

dude, are u sick?? I like to joke myself but dis is sick maan

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by rozayx5(m): 11:51am On Feb 20, 2013
all i see is a thread filled with long comprehension lipsrsealed
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Tedpgrass: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2013
"No no no no".... like Amy Winehouse once sang.

Too many issues.

As many have mentioned.... land is valued highly...... maybe not as high as it should.

A community may be "donated" to create a much-needed development in the surroundings .... but self-rule, no natives around...... that's way too too far.
Our governments may be corrupt but not stupid!!!

Creating another Old-style Zimbabwe, na na.
Even Israel with the support of the Intl committee is still not settled decades later.

I pose a question to Blyss......

Rather than "invading" extremely mineral rich central African region filled with guerilla groups and commandos for sale.... why not get some land in the US.... you have more claim there... you have been resident there for hundreds of years now,
Or some arid land in the middle of Sahara desert.

Then I'll try to see this as a genuine return to the motherland and not a pseudo-way of black in white supremacy land grab.

West Africans may be peace loving but are beginning to wise up. Invasions by powers in Arab lands have been less successful as compared to Liberia. We are observing proceedings elsewhere.

Don't think you can do a 'Ghaddafi" on us and not get reprisals.....
I appreciate that Intl relations are a bit more convoluted but it still remains an emotive subject!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by kufre2010: 11:54am On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss:

Granted, such a venture will not be to every ones taste in the beginning, it'll take those with strong will, a goal and determination to pioneer the effort, and trust me when I tell you that their are many thousands of AA who have such embodiment.

Thousands of years? undecided No, no where near thousands of years, Ace. With a steady stream of quality AA coming in with their massive amounts of resources, connections, education and most importantly Experience, it'll take less than 30 years to become Africa's most prosperous and progressive economic force, and this nation's presence of a homogeneous population would be the major spearheading drive behind such rapid growth. The sensational grounds for high profit margins in such a nation as one of well educated, money flushed, African-American on "virgin" African ground would spurge a fierce drive the world round to invest and invest big in this new society.

LOL, are you serious? Tens of AA currently move to Africa every year for business purposes or more personal reasons. Some stay permanently, other stay for several years. At first it can be a bit of a struggle adjusting to the change in atmosphere, but like any other people migrating around the world.. you get over it and get on with your goals if you truly seek to achieve them.

You make us out to be a bunch of shallow flakes or something, with all that talk of not wanting to get dark, and maneuver around in the sun. cheesy By the way, west Africa is much more intensely hotter than Central Africa. I've observed the average temperatures of Central Africa, and they are cooler than the mean average experienced in most of the south and South west (including Southern Cali) during the summer and spring, and as you know, MOST AA live in the South and over a million more live in the south-west.

Funny thing is, many African immigrants I've conversed with over the topic of weather here in the US, have stated that summers heat worst than the heat experienced in many parts of Africa, because we have very dry heat here, while in most of central, southern and some parts of eastern Africa it's more moist or temperate. So if the Africans want to hightail out of Africa they need to hand us over their land. We'll gladly take it off your hands.

You've made a poor case. I know of many AA who if the opportunity was presented, would go in a heart beat. See you need to understand the mindset of the average AA. Many are kind of xenophobic, in that they don't really like to be around people whom are foreign to us, not even white Americans whom we've lived in this land with for over 400 years; so if you ask your average AA if they'd move to Africa to live among the native population there, in their nation, under their rule.. the vast majority will give an resounding HELL NO!! But if you say, would you move to Africa to a nation, created by and for AA void of any natives, then you'd be heavily surprised at the numbers that'll say yes. I'd surmise that several millions would want to come.
This sound self centered to me. If they cannot associat with their brothers here in Africa then let them stay back there and continue facing the racial discrimination. We need employment let them come and build industries. We need their intelect to better the countries in Africa and not their seperate country. We need their experience they should not b selfish with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by bigfrancis21: 11:55am On Feb 20, 2013
I-Kenn:
u guys should jus go to north korea n shop for nice nuclear weapons then use the weapons to clean out cameroun. The huge debris left behind can be swept into the ocean. U can then pay the camerounian citizens who were not in d country when the wipe out was being carried out $500m each for their land, they'll thankfully accept. Case closed
Lwkmd!!! What a terrific sense of humor!
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by 5alive(m): 11:55am On Feb 20, 2013
make beyounce follow u'' mayb i wil av chance to sample her p...u..ss...i..e
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by bigfrancis21: 11:57am On Feb 20, 2013
rozayx5: all i see is a thread filled with long comprehension lipsrsealed
Hahaha! No be small comprehension at all. Na GMAT comprehension indeed. Go jack GMAT textbook first then you come back come jack these ones. Hahaha.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Tedpgrass: 11:58am On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss:

Despite the fact of that on this side of the world we operate upon a quarterly seasonal pattern, is really of no regard when comparing weather patterns around the world. A much more accurate assessment is to base it upon a month to month scale, the average monthly temperatures for the deep south, typically the gulf region, throughout the year is nearly identical to that of Gabon, Republic of Congo, western DR Congo, southern Cameroon and Cabinda province of Angola.

Heres a scale for Libreville, Gabon compared with one from Tampa Florida.

As you can see, the yearly temperature levels are nearly the same, with the only difference being that time of year the two regions receive their lowest and highest temperatures during the year. This is simply do to the fact of that they lie on nearly opposite sides of the world. smiley smiley

Your main problem here is that you think inside a box of past successes. smiley Those nations you've mentioned were basically land grab nations forged into success via time tested means of slow and steady progression. They weren't fully planned nations as this one will be. Every street, highway, sewage line, electrical line and more will in this new nation will be pre- planned upon the landscape years before even one construction truck breaks its ground. Every city, town and industry will be pre-planned and built in fazes depending on the scale of population growth. Investment funds will not be a problem, this is a fact, as long as the number of AA migrants needed to successfully fulfill the percentages needed to accommodate each faze of development remains at par; this I doubt will be a problem. Billions will liquidly flow into the development yearly from the mother ship USA alone for the reasons I've explained before in my past extended post. Once ground development starts it won't take more than 30 years to achieve that in which I've stated.

That is the first thing we considered. Hence I desire to get the land from central Africa. Central Africa's mineral density is so vast that no matter where you settle, there's going to be some form of mineral wealth to be had, but in reality that would be of no real use to use in the larger scheme of the society in which we'd aim to develope. We don't seek to developed a natural resource supply state, but rather and nation developing and supplying products on the finished end, as well as one in which feeds off of dividends from infrastructural investments in other nations, such as supermarkets, malls, toll roads, agriculture, banks, schools, communications, insurance and more. This will be worth much, much more to the nations economy than any minerals we could dig up or pump out of the land and sale to some other nation. Besides, most of any mineral deposits we are blessed with, will mostly go toward development of our own industrial growth, but why destroy our land by using up our own when we can easily invest in getting it from one of are neighbors. smiley smiley

Well, like I said Ace, this really will mean nothing to use in the long run, in that we will not be forming a typical natural resource supply based economy as typically is the case with most African nations. If we have some natural resources on our land, then that'll be great, but if not then it really wont be of any great concern to us in that the direction in which we'll be spearheading the economy won't seriously effected in anyway by us not having any natural resources. All around us, other nations will have all that we'll need, and what we'll need won't be much.. in that the vast majority of the nations wealth will be made off of the consumer spending of the African nations we invest our funds in as well as the Caribbean, South America and more. The nation will be much more corporate and light industrial based than heavy industrial.

Obtaining a piece of land with coastal access is of course a big desire, but it's not a deal breaker based on the type of economy established. But of course if we're given a piece of land locked territory, we'll demand a security on our road and rail transport of goods through our neighboring nations, as well as least access to a sea port or two.

I'm a well traveled, well informed AA, with extensive exposure to the professional and none-professional community, this is how I know. Most will not be interested in this venture, based on some idea of coming back to the motherland to become chummy with the local Africans. No most will be doing so for total AA based self-fulfilling reasons. They'd want the nation to be nearly totally AA; this means unless you are invited by a local entity into the nation for official business or a short visit for vacationing or visitations purposes, you will not be allowed in, and visa affairs will be heavily monitored.

This means if you have been allowed to come in to handle your business for 3 months, then on or by that expiration date of that 3rd month, you better not be still residing in the nation, unless an extension has been given. If you overstay your visa period by even one day, you will be hunted down and thrown out promptly, and not allowed to return for an extensive amount of time to be determined based on the reason for your tardiness. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Boarders will be secured will a robust redundant electrical fencing network, and pill boxes, as well being staffed with a border patrol 24/7 and all boarder entry points into and out of the nation will be heavily secured. The only non-AA or Diasporan, if the nation is a conglomerate creation between diaspora blacks, that will be allowed citizenship will be those whom are married into the immediate family of the AA/Diasporan citizen of the nation, and any child or parent dependent of that spouse.

Sorry I had to quote the entire script.

The last 2 paragraphs remind me of the days of apartheid..... this time round.... its black on black.

What a shame!!!!

Going back to the vomit of yesteryears!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by OluEmmaAss: 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
They are welcome back home!
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by gst101: 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
i was about the fourth or fifth person to respond to this thread then i was so in support of it but after reading a rather arrogant statement from blyss in which he said they could become "the most progressive black country on the continent..." i got pissed off immediately.

No need to bash you but just know that you need to change that kind of thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
They are welcome back home!
Hahahaha, we will resell them again, this time it will be at higher rate. Double profit. On a lighter note, I think they should sandfill Pacific Ocean or live with the indigenous Africans, outside that, they should remain where they are.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by RedLight1: 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

yes this inbred coon did say that!!
my eyes did not deceive me. tongue sadly.

not sure what makes you think AAs/Caribs owe you anything or need anything from you. Perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning but this akata crap is getting old right now. You act like we came on the ships willingly or migrated west via plane. FOH.

YES!! We are mixed! Blame your kind 600 years ago who sold each other out. We didn't ask to be here. No we don't have tribes--DON'T NEED THEM!! You all do and what has it done for you?! Are you not still in Oyinboland?! grin Not America..na UK you dey!! Na lie?! Oh ok!!

As far as I am concerned you have nothing to do with central africa or us for that matter yet your obsession with anything "akata" continues. tongue

Anyway!! I wish any repatriate luck! People like Pagan9ja have completely turned me off as far as Africa is concerned. TBH.
though i like this post frm the begining it made me cry a little... Buh the last part is not rational... So u want everyone to support the idea ryt? by the way akata is not an insult ...
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by RedLight1: 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Afam4eva(m): 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Why should they move when more Africans are moving to America. Even if they were to move, where exactly will they be moving to? Africa is a continent and not a country.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by shady26(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss:

Granted, such a venture will not be to every ones taste in the beginning, it'll take those with strong will, a goal and determination to pioneer the effort, and trust me when I tell you that their are many thousands of AA who have such embodiment.

Thousands of years? undecided No, no where near thousands of years, Ace. With a steady stream of quality AA coming in with their massive amounts of resources, connections, education and most importantly Experience, it'll take less than 30 years to become Africa's most prosperous and progressive economic force, and this nation's presence of a homogeneous population would be the major spearheading drive behind such rapid growth. The sensational grounds for high profit margins in such a nation as one of well educated, money flushed, African-American on "virgin" African ground would spurge a fierce drive the world round to invest and invest big in this new society.

LOL, are you serious? Tens of AA currently move to Africa every year for business purposes or more personal reasons. Some stay permanently, other stay for several years. At first it can be a bit of a struggle adjusting to the change in atmosphere, but like any other people migrating around the world.. you get over it and get on with your goals if you truly seek to achieve them.

You make us out to be a bunch of shallow flakes or something, with all that talk of not wanting to get dark, and maneuver around in the sun. cheesy By the way, west Africa is much more intensely hotter than Central Africa. I've observed the average temperatures of Central Africa, and they are cooler than the mean average experienced in most of the south and South west (including Southern Cali) during the summer and spring, and as you know, MOST AA live in the South and over a million more live in the south-west.

Funny thing is, many African immigrants I've conversed with over the topic of weather here in the US, have stated that summers heat worst than the heat experienced in many parts of Africa, because we have very dry heat here, while in most of central, southern and some parts of eastern Africa it's more moist or temperate. So if the Africans want to hightail out of Africa they need to hand us over their land. We'll gladly take it off your hands.

You've made a poor case. I know of many AA who if the opportunity was presented, would go in a heart beat. See you need to understand the mindset of the average AA. Many are kind of xenophobic, in that they don't really like to be around people whom are foreign to us, not even white Americans whom we've lived in this land with for over 400 years; so if you ask your average AA if they'd move to Africa to live among the native population there, in their nation, under their rule.. the vast majority will give an resounding HELL NO!! But if you say, would you move to Africa to a nation, created by and for AA void of any natives, then you'd be heavily surprised at the numbers that'll say yes. I'd surmise that several millions would want to come.
Critically examining the information you provided in the last paragragh,i would say it seems most AAs lack both identity and culture.Note, indigenous africans would find insulting and offensive your intentions to buy off a piece of their land just so you can be all by your self.In African culture,a pure breed african will be suspiciousof you if he offers you food as a visitor in his house and you reject it only to buy from vendors outside while still logding with him,he will sooner throw you out of his house.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by shady26(m): 12:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

yes this inbred coon did say that!!
my eyes did not deceive me. sadly.

not sure what makes you think AAs/Caribs owe you anything or need anything from you. Perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning but this akata crap is getting old right now. You act like we came on the ships willingly or migrated west via plane. FOH.

YES!! We are mixed! Blame your kind 600 years ago who sold each other out. We didn't ask to be here. No we don't have tribes--DON'T NEED THEM!! You all do and what has it done for you?! Are you not still in Oyinboland?! Not America..na UK you dey!! Na lie?! Oh ok!!

As far as I am concerned you have nothing to do with central africa or us for that matter yet your obsession with anything "akata" continues.

Anyway!! I wish any repatriate luck! People like Pagan9ja have completely turned me off as far as Africa is concerned. TBH.
though i like this post frm the begining it made me cry a little... Buh the last part is not rational... So u want everyone to support the idea ryt? by the way akata is not an insult ...
Red-Light:
and AKATA REMAINS AKATA though am about to marry one.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by demelza: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
What the hell do they mean by they don't want any African natives there? The sense in which it is used sounds derogatory. Its obvious these guys are coming here to practice the kind of racism they learnt in America.
Not really bothered because this stupid idea wont see the light of day

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by chidyke77(m): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
Coming back to resettle won't be easy and the host will never accept their condition.
The only way for some to return and resettle is if we hv a stable government,good roads,constant electricity and good security in the country. If they wl be given the same right as a citizen wtout discrimination,it wl be possible.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by shady26(m): 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss:

A colony? Well if that means a piece of land maintained under the extended authority of the nation provided the land, then no.. that will not be in the interest of myself or any of the other AA I've spoken to about this issue. Full autonomy or nothing is what we'd desire.

We offer you potiskum&damaturu all for free,make your pick.my advice is you guys should not turn it into another liberia or sierra leone cos we won'nt be comming for peacekeeping.but wait!@ the bolded,u sound like its ur right or maybe africans want you back?my advice,stay were you are,Africa might not be as welcome as you think.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by dabossman(m): 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
If you won't be bringing all those gun-totting, jeans-sagging, gangster talking brothers and coochie mamas with plenty baba mama drama, then I can sell you a large parcel of land somewhere in Benue State. The governor won't even know you guys are there. Honest.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by martinosi: 12:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss: I personally know of many well off Black-Americans and Afro-Caribbeans who have stated that they wouldn't mind moving their families and business operations to Africa and this includes me as well, but one major hang up is a strong lack of acceptance to live under African rule. Now you can call this bigoted or hateful in some other fashion, but in all reality the majority of the reasoning expressed in regard to the issue, were not so much bigoted as apposed to being simply being of a mind set of wanting to fully control the surroundings of their operations.

They basically want to gather up a congregation of middle and upper class black diaspora and buy out a large stretch land from, let say Angola or the DR. Congo, with an agreement for the said land to be fully liberated into the control of the group, to stand as their own independent nation, void of any African natives . They'll bring their money, businesses and such to this land and basically turn it into a progressive utopia of their life back in the Americas.

I mentioned this to a few Africans I associate with, and they found this highly offensive, for various reasons. But I'd like to know what you'all think of such a desire or plan.

Hmm interesting, but what African Americans & African Caribbeans should know that
moving back to africa to live is not that hard as they make it out to be.

First they should connect with the Community-Commerce or Culltural centre of the country
they want to move back to stay Tanzania, Nigeria or Ghana in the America or Europe.
The truth of the matter is that most of the African Americans & Caribbeans i know that have moved back to Ghana, Nigeria or Namibia, Tanzania are doing very well.

They are accepted, have built good businesses and have been embraced fully. I have an african american friend in Ghana who have moved out their with his family and some friends. They are working in the New Oil/Gas industry there and also export and process agricutural products.

They are doing great and they have also opened up opportunities for local ghanians and are
helping african americans in the states who are now marketing, doing admin and other logisitics
for the products being sold from Ghana. Its a win win! If you are an African American or African Caribbean and your focused about your life and bring value to the economic table in Africa, you will be embraced fully, The locals will respect and revere you Big-time!!!

I know of an African American man that came to Nigeria as an expate in the Construction industry and has his own construction companies now in Tanzania and Ghana. After he finished his contract in Nigeria, he moved to Tanzania with his family. He also partnerss with Nigeria
construction companies doing consultancy on projects in Kaduna and Ogun state.

Everybody likes a good thing ! The Caribbeans and African Americans that i know of in Africa
came with hardly anything but their Skills, Knowledge and determination and they have become
very successful and have helped the local economies.

I am working with African Americans now who are my advisers on my Education and Real Estate projects in Nigera & two other west African countries.

The African American consultancy is based in Forest Lake illinois in the States. They have come out to Nigeria as i have hosted them and their business links has been growing.
African Americans & African Caribbeans are our brothers and african as a continent by potential is a 50 trillion dollar economy. We need to start building bridges and get rid of the ignorant walls.

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by RedLight1: 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Seconded!
We have massive desperate africans queuing up 6 to 6 everyday at the US embassy trying to escape from the terrifying scorching African heat while some people already living in a land flowing with milk and honey wanna jet back here. What an odd world. grin
400 years ago africans were taken forcefully to the US/caribbean against their wishes but now land a US slave ship at Calabar/Bonny ports and see if you won't see huge swathes of africans willingly jumping inside with their own self-made chains. grin grin grin
how ironc grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by shady26(m): 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
[b]
kufre2010: This sound self centered to me. If they cannot associat with their brothers here in Africa then let them stay back there and continue facing the racial discrimination. We need employment let them come and build industries. We need their intelect to better the countries in Africa and not their seperate country. We need their experience they should not b selfish with it.
[/b]sorry bro,you don'nt need all those things you mentioned from AAs,Africans in diaspora can give you all that far better than all AAs combined together.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by shady26(m): 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
vandarsar: Don't worry my xenophobic and tribal ibo man. They obviously won't tourch your f/u/c/king dry Biafra.

They can make do with those waste land in Kinshasa, Niger, Mali, CAR, CHAD and some parts of Libya and Algeria! Now does that makes you sleep better?? Idiot!

[b]Remember Nevada was a desert, such is the ability of those who are thinking to better other people's life not some selfish clan.

[/b]but we know the majority of you people over there have not contributed anything to that effect.even obama had to be born of a migrant african father,else who knows he might not have had the sense to rise above drugs and gangsterrism and become YOUR president.though maybe as a rapper grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by martinosi: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss: I personally know of many well off Black-Americans and Afro-Caribbeans who have stated that they wouldn't mind moving their families and business operations to Africa and this includes me as well, but one major hang up is a strong lack of acceptance to live under African rule. Now you can call this bigoted or hateful in some other fashion, but in all reality the majority of the reasoning expressed in regard to the issue, were not so much bigoted as apposed to being simply being of a mind set of wanting to fully control the surroundings of their operations.

They basically want to gather up a congregation of middle and upper class black diaspora and buy out a large stretch land from, let say Angola or the DR. Congo, with an agreement for the said land to be fully liberated into the control of the group, to stand as their own independent nation, void of any African natives . They'll bring their money, businesses and such to this land and basically turn it into a progressive utopia of their life back in the Americas.

I mentioned this to a few Africans I associate with, and they found this highly offensive, for various reasons. But I'd like to know what you'all think of such a desire or plan.

In Regards to the Bold part about African Americans wanting to buy out a stretch of Land say like Part of Angola or Congo. Thats a Dumb move, it does not make sense and it would be stupid to do. Africans what fellow africans coming back to Africa be they African American, African Caribbean or Africans that left various countries like Nigeria Ghana etc who are now coming back to intergrate and help the economies.

The truth is that if African Americans or African Caribbeans what to buy land, that not the issuem as i know of African Americans that have came to Nigeria to buy land and the Land owners in the villages, towns they went to gave them the land for "rock bottom prices" and even on two occassions as a Free-Lease to use for Agriculture and other developments that will benefit themselves and the local community.

What african Africans should realise is that if they come to Africa with a solid plan to acquire Land to do business to prosper themselves and the community around them by adding value they will always be embraced.

The Buying of Land to be an exclusive right of returnee's is not rational as why do you want to segregate yourself from your own people. Especially when Africans in the home land will be
the the No.1 people to Welcome African Americans or Caribbeans.

The truth about the matter is what my African Americans or African Caribbeans friends who live in africa have told me is that they noticed that when they came to Africa people there did not pre-judge them based on their COLOUR OF SKIN AND THAT WHERE THE REALISATION THAT I CAN BE ACCEPTED HERE DAWNED ON THEM AND HELPED THEM SOCIALLY TO BUILD A LIFE BACK HOME!!!

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by prettyboi1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
You all must be mad. You want to come to Africa & have a "special land" for yourself where you run your own government & don't allow Native Africans in? You guys had better carried your lands with you from wherever you're coming from & attach it to the African map cos right now,there's no free space on the African map for good for nothing African American goats who think they are better than native Africans & want their own "special" countries & government. If you guys want to come back to Africa to mix into the African population,that's good but if you guys want a special country because your slave-asses think you're better than native Africans,then you guys had better stay wherever you are at & worship your slave-masters forever.
Blacks are the most foolish people I know. Why would fellow blacks think they are better than fellow blacks? It's this kind of mentality that had us enslaved in the first place & we still haven't learnt shyte centuries after. Oh! You guys are better than native Africans? Why then are ALL black nations of the world 3rd world countries including those in the "mighty west" like Jamaica,Haiti,Trinidad & Tobago, etc.
LIBERIA IS A COUNTRY THAT FREE RETURNEE AMERICAN SLAVES (just like your African-American friends) RETURNED TO (this is why Liberia was never colonized & has a national flag similar to the American flag),YET THAT COUNTRY IS ONE OF THE COUNTRIES IN AFRICA THAT HAS SUFFERED THE MOST INSTABILITY WITH A SLIM HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. Rather than us uniting & building ourselves & our race,we'd stay & be fighting each other like goats. " I'm hausa,you're Igbo,screw yoruba people, I'm African-American,you're native African,I'm light-skinned,you're dark-skinned." What the fukkh? Can't we learn to live as ONE GREAT BLACK PEOPLE? We really have serious psychological problems honestly.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Amen.
God Bless mama Africa. Amen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by emiye(m): 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
There is so much arrogance and unreal-ism in the proposal. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by martinosi: 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss:

You seem to have interesting views...it would be good if we could talk ...let discuss this...
would like to get to know you so we can discuss these issues..
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by martinosi: 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
pretty_boi:
Blacks are the most foolish people I know. Why would fellow blacks think they are better than fellow blacks? It's this kind of mentality that had us enslaved in the first place & we still haven't learnt shyte centuries after. Oh! You guys are better than native Africans? Why then are ALL black nations of the world 3rd world countries including those in the "mighty west" like Jamaica,Haiti,Trinidad & Tobago, etc.

Rather than us uniting & building ourselves & our race,we'd stay & be fighting each other like goats. " I'm hausa,you're Igbo,screw yoruba people, I'm African-American,you're native African,I'm light-skinned,you're dark-skinned." What the fukkh? Can't we learn to live as ONE GREAT BLACK PEOPLE? We really have serious psychological problems honestly.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Amen.
God Bless mama Africa. Amen.

I feel your pain bro and understand your point very well and its a valid and truthful point but lets
keep the discussion civil and friendly and educate our AA brothers about the reality and truth
in a loving way.. Peace...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27)

Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) / Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.