Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

American Visa Interview - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Visa Interview (64522 Views)

Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here / American Visa Lottery (dv- 2009) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: American Visa Interview by Novacaine(m): 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2008
Appearance matters but most importantly you must do your home work present all your documents and give them smart precise answers straight to the point because they really dont have all day have a positive mindset and be confident your mission there can make or mar you as well and a good bank statement wouldnt hurt your chances either
Re: American Visa Interview by sayhi2ay(m): 4:22am On Mar 25, 2008
well, i dont think the consular would perceive your perfume cos of the glass barrier, as for going for a conference, you need to pray hard, you stand a better chance at the consulate in Abuja,

I got a student visa, the only document the guy that interviewed me confirmed was my TOEFL score report, he just checked the balance on the statement of account and did a conversion, he didnt even check the name of the bank or the account holder, neither did he turn the pages of the statement, just the last balance,

with God, all things are possible,
Re: American Visa Interview by ernal(m): 1:17am On Mar 26, 2008
thats a moral boaster,so go out and conquer!
Re: American Visa Interview by BJAkanbi: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2008
@ Kenflipper

Your story is encouraging but it still does not remove the fears. I'm going for mine next week and I'm still close to staying calm.

Thanks anyway
Re: American Visa Interview by BJAkanbi: 7:42am On Mar 26, 2008
@ Kenflipper

Your story (#12 on: March 12, 2008, 04:09 AM) is encouraging but it still does not remove the fears o. I'm going for mine next week and I'm still close to staying calm.

Thanks anyway
Re: American Visa Interview by ernal(m): 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2008
well i need to ask a question a friend is suppose to go in for Falls admission,do you know when best it is to approach the embassy for an interview date and also fresh applicant should share their stories, cheers grin
Re: American Visa Interview by sayhi2ay(m): 11:03pm On Mar 26, 2008
when you have gotten your I-20, you can request a date maybe 2 months before the resumption date, that'd be like July/August,

you can enter the US up to 1 month before you resume, or up to 3 months (you'd need another visa to get that I think),

Its better to allow maybe 1 week lapse out of the 1 month you have to enter the US,

I had entered exactly 1 month, was resuming Jan 3rd, I entered Dec 3rd, after I passed through the port of entry, the immigration office that interviewed me started looking for me all about, he held the line up and was looking for me, when he saw me, he asked why I came in so early,

probably thinking why I couldnt wait till the festive period, maybe spend xmas with my family
Re: American Visa Interview by teachme(m): 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2009
Hello,

what are the requirements for visitors visa and are the bank statements verified?
Re: American Visa Interview by Afam4eva(m): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2009
Pls i'm about going to the american embassy to get an f1 visa. i want to know if they accept NECO in place of waec cos my waec is not all that good.
Re: American Visa Interview by ojeriakhij: 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2010
Mine is april13 early morning 7.00 i and its also visiting visa i need the whole world prayers, i just believe in God, and i know i will get the visa in Jesus name AMEN.
Re: American Visa Interview by tounoni: 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
I had quite a hilarious experience when I went for my visa renewal. The guy before me- first timer claimed to be going for an art exhibition- he is an artist graduated from somewhere. claimed to have all his documents ticket, invitation letter, 1m Naira in his account- many paintings from way back when to 2 days before the interview- all for the exhibition. and yes he looked the part too, Adire and jeans trouser, So what could go wrong? It turned out he was asked to come into a cubicle and re-sketch one of the paintings, Sweat beads, agitation, aggressiveness. He retorted "I am a painter, not possible to reproduce" Well he was booted out of the building. Then the lady behind, used an agent (for a fee) to package her documentation, hmm. She showed me the documents, oops. Could not tell her she was walking into the lion's den, why? She used the same Nigeria conqueror vellum coloured paper for letter of invitation, letter from employer (oil company based in Ketu) letter of permission from hubby she could travel. I felt bad for both especially the lady whose church in Sango-
otta asked her to do dry fast for 1 week before the interview.
MORALE OF MY STORY?
1. Guys, if you are young and u have 1m in your account, u r likely to be tagged a terrorist
2. if u cant draw to save your life, don't claim to be an artist
3. Avoid conqueror papers please!! red flag,
4. Do not work for any company in Ketu talk less an oil company when you reside in Sango-Otta,
for all having jitters about visa, If you have no business going abroad, or you cant justify going there, stay in Naija. once your fingerprints are taken at the embassy, your story must never change, Good luck!!!!
Re: American Visa Interview by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Jan 15, 2012
tounoni:

I had quite a hilarious experience when I went for my visa renewal. The guy before me- first timer claimed to be going for an art exhibition- he is an artist graduated from somewhere. claimed to have all his documents ticket, invitation letter, 1m Naira in his account- many paintings from way back when to 2 days before the interview- all for the exhibition. and yes he looked the part too, Adire and jeans trouser, So what could go wrong? It turned out he was asked to come into a cubicle and re-sketch one of the paintings, Sweat beads, agitation, aggressiveness. He retorted "I am a painter, not possible to reproduce" Well he was booted out of the building. Then the lady behind, used an agent (for a fee) to package her documentation, hmm. She showed me the documents, oops. Could not tell her she was walking into the lion's den, why? She used the same Nigeria conqueror vellum coloured paper for letter of invitation, letter from employer (oil company based in Ketu) letter of permission from hubby she could travel. I felt bad for both especially the lady whose church in Sango-
otta asked her to do dry fast for 1 week before the interview.
MORALE OF MY STORY?
1. Guys, if you are young and u have 1m in your account, u r likely to be tagged a terrorist
2. if u cant draw to save your life, don't claim to be an artist
3. Avoid conqueror papers please!! red flag,
4. Do not work for any company in Ketu talk less an oil company when you reside in Sango-Otta,
for all having jitters about visa, If you have no business going abroad, or you cant justify going there, stay in Naija. once your fingerprints are taken at the embassy, your story must never change, Good luck!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: American Visa Interview by bomi231(m): 6:08pm On May 04, 2012
What documents do I need to take along with me for my american visa interview
Re: American Visa Interview by meggy11: 11:47pm On May 04, 2012
Pls want to confirm hw tax papers are (the type one sends from america when inviting u down to america) my question here is that I am going as a visitor but was sent document where the applicant name was written under immigrant. There was no space for non- immigrant. Is it always like this or I have a wrong document? Hpw much do I need to have in my acc as a visitor sponsoring herself but have free accomodation and feeding
Re: American Visa Interview by temmytanny(m): 8:36am On May 05, 2012
kenflipper: I will share this experience, but pls dont take it for granted!!!

If you are a man pray that your interviewer be a woman and if you are a woman pray that your interviewer be a man. It is easier to impress the opposite sex than to impress same sex during interview!!!, Make sure that you smell good. It doesnt matter what kind of visa you are applying for. If you are refused then it means you didnt do your home work well, or your answers were just not impressive. When i had my interview, my interviewer was a woman. I packaged myself like sardine all documents in the right places for easy access. I had more than enough docs. But only gave out wht was requested.
Besides that i had a powerful perfume BLACK XS! Yes tho u guys might think it sounds wack!, but it work in my case. I applied enough on my body to go through the porous glass of the embassy. Even while i was sitting my perfume was at work. It has a surgar smell that can cause excitement and calm nerves. So if your interviewer was having a bad day, it can calm his/her nerves and cause some excitements. When i stood for my interview, first! i got a warm smile from my female interviewer but because the smile came before she even looked at my documents, i didnt return it back.
I kept still wit eyes focused on her.

Then she requested specific docs which i handed in. I was a visit visa applicant.
She asked what i did for a living?, I replied
She asked me what my cousin's phone number & address in the USA were and what he did for a living?, i replied!
She ask why i wanted to go to the USA and what i would do during my stay?, i replied!
She ask if i would work during my stay?, i replied!, said not without authority from USCIS.
She asked me if i would return back after the visit!!!, I replied!
She asked when i would be going if approved, i said 2days after getting the visa, she smile again and said OK. i'm going to approve you and just when she was about signing on my form approved she asked for my cousin's tax , i scrambble thro my docs and gave it to her, she looked thro' nodded and that was it i got a 2yrs multi-visa.
That was when i finally smile back as i was arranging my docs back in my file, she asked me what perfume i was wearing and i gladly said "BLACK XS" nice she said,
That was when i knew i didnt just pass the interview i did it wit the power of my perf. My cousin is a doctor in the USA and we discussed extensively before the interview. It was his idea and he sent me the perfume.

Anyone wanting to use this perfume shouldnt go and buy Chinese made make sure its original, the original can last for 2days after wearing. If you are a woman try JLO perfume, and Share ur experience!

Now using a perfume like me doesnt exempt you from doing your home work and having neccessary docs. Or answering question correctly it gives you an edge wit ur interviewer!!!, Just incase he/she was already having a bad day.

wao! what an interview. I believe you that packaging is very important.

Re: American Visa Interview by Gelatoman: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
After reading loads of threads on american embassy interview: Mine goes thus

Why are you traveling to US? Vacation
where? Newyork
Where do you work? My wife and I work in a bank
Which of the branch? Me - head office and my wife- Ajose adeogun
Whats her job function? Back up officer blabla
What did you do in UK? Vacation and shopping
How much do you earn? 4.3m and my wife 5.8m
Where will u be staying in New york? New york hostel
Why? its affordable and close to where we intend to visit
Any kid(s)? Not yet
Are you seeking medical attention? We are medically fit sir.
Come on thursday for your visa. thank you.

everything within 4mins.....Its just God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Visa Interview by Chris407: 3:56am On Jan 21, 2013
Hi everyone! I am an undergraduate of 17years I graduated from high school last year so got my admission letter and i20 after av applied to a school. Scheduled a date for visa interview and attended.on that morning I went to the embassy alone after going through every neccessary thing that was meant to be done including the security check and all that I was in the interview room. When it got to my turn I met a lady there who is not really that young and she asked for my passport and i20 I gave it to her and she said to me u are 17years and I said yes. She den asked did u come with anyone I tld her no she den tld me to come back with either my Mum or Dad cus I tld her dey were out of the country for business purpose and she gave me this blog paper thing which I could use to enter the embassy at anytime within six months. I explained to my dad nd he made arrangement and he came back so as toattend the interview. We got to the embassy around 10 O'clock in the morning and we had our interview aroun 12. Getting to the counter where I was meant to be interviewd I met another lady there who was young. She tld us to come back with mt Mum I was already frustrated so I tld her the Vo I met there the last time said I shld come with either my mum or dad and moreover my mum isn't around and before she gets back I guess my school woulld have resumed she den sed we shld hold on for a while, she went somewhere and den came back to proceed with the interview. She asked me question about my school and asked for my SAT result and all that I answered and she also asked my Dad some question I gues about his occupation because dey spke in portuguese cus ma Dad doesn't speak English to well and she asked for his statement and he gave it out but the statement my dad presented was from another country. Where he does some of his business transactions but some were in dolllars. At the end of the interview she said she cannot issue a visa,was jst so confused.plz nd plz everyone can u suggest or tell me where the problem was from,was it ma age or financial pro or what?? And what changes I my meant to make if I reapply again
Re: American Visa Interview by justwise(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2013
Chris407: Hi everyone! I am an undergraduate of 17years I graduated from high school last year so got my admission letter and i20 after av applied to a school. Scheduled a date for visa interview and attended.on that morning I went to the embassy alone after going through every neccessary thing that was meant to be done including the security check and all that I was in the interview room. When it got to my turn I met a lady there who is not really that young and she asked for my passport and i20 I gave it to her and she said to me u are 17years and I said yes. She den asked did u come with anyone I tld her no she den tld me to come back with either my Mum or Dad cus I tld her dey were out of the country for business purpose and she gave me this blog paper thing which I could use to enter the embassy at anytime within six months. I explained to my dad nd he made arrangement and he came back so as toattend the interview. We got to the embassy around 10 O'clock in the morning and we had our interview aroun 12. Getting to the counter where I was meant to be interviewd I met another lady there who was young. She tld us to come back with mt Mum I was already frustrated so I tld her the Vo I met there the last time said I shld come with either my mum or dad and moreover my mum isn't around and before she gets back I guess my school woulld have resumed she den sed we shld hold on for a while, she went somewhere and den came back to proceed with the interview. She asked me question about my school and asked for my SAT result and all that I answered and she also asked my Dad some question I gues about his occupation because dey spke in portuguese cus ma Dad doesn't speak English to well and she asked for his statement and he gave it out but the statement my dad presented was from another country. Where he does some of his business transactions but some were in dolllars. At the end of the interview she said she cannot issue a visa,was jst so confused.plz nd plz everyone can u suggest or tell me where the problem was from,was it ma age or financial pro or what?? And what changes I my meant to make if I reapply again

https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3

(1) (2)

Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport / Snow Capped Akampka Mountains And Mount Cameroon Visible From Calabar (photos) / Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.