Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Uploading Of Site And Building Of Web Hosting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Uploading Of Site And Building Of Web Hosting (839 Views)

Adsense Users Does Adsense Accept This Type Of Site? / In Need Of Site Moderators/admin To Run A New Site. / Webmasters, What Is The Main Functions Of "site Map" On A Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uploading Of Site And Building Of Web Hosting by thecrew: 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2008
hello guy in the house,
i need assistance on how to upload a website and building of webhosting

the crew
Re: Uploading Of Site And Building Of Web Hosting by digitalglo(m): 12:09am On Mar 10, 2008
What do you mean by building of web hosting? expansiate pls.
Talking about uploading your site,
To upload files to your Web site, you need an FTP client. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. It lets you connect to a remote computer, such as a hosting server in another state. Using FTP, you can move files from your machine to the remote one and create folders for those files on that computer.

Some popular FTP clients are:

FileZilla
Fetch (Mac)
gFTP (Linux)
If you are using Windows XP, you can create a network connection to your Web site. You might also be able to upload your file using the same software you used to create your Web site. You can use popular programs like Macromedia Dreamweaver and Microsoft FrontPage to upload your Web site.

You can also use the Hosting Control Center to upload files to your Web site. See Using the Hosting Control Center Web-Based FTP Client for more information.

After downloading and installing one of these clients, you can use it to connect to your hosting account. These are your FTP settings:

FTP User Name
This is the user name for your hosting account.
FTP Password
This your password for your hosting account.
Web Site URL
http://www.example.com
FTP Site URL
ftp://www.example.com
Start Directory
Some FTP clients will ask for a "Home" or "Start" directory. Our hosting service does not require this. Leave the box blank. If the client requires a value, enter a single forward slash followed by your hosting account user name (i.e., /).

hope this helps,
Re: Uploading Of Site And Building Of Web Hosting by kenflipper(m): 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2008
****Have you ever wanted to own a website?
****Do you have a business that you are thinking of taking to the global arena?
****Are you a web designer that wants a space to host your website (Either for you or for you clientele)?
****Are you wanting to get real with business by owning a .Com website rather than a subdomain?
****Is credit card disability depriving you from owning that prefered website?

If any of these refers to you, then you need not have to worry any more. We have come to your aid, you can now own that website you have always wanted in order to take your business global. No matter where you live, Nigeria, Togo, Benin, Senegal, Gambia, Ivory coast, mali, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, Kenya, Ogun, Lagos, Abuja, Asaba, Cross River, Malaysia, Singapore, Europe, America, As long as you are on Planet Earth!!!village or in a lost word. And most interesting is that you do not need to have a credit card if you dont already have one, we have gone simplistic so that you can pay in Naira or what ever currency you desire.
Visit us at www.Kennwebdesigner.com
We shall be glad to attend to you. If you are requesting any information on our contact page, pls do remember to send us your phone number and email so we can reply you swiftly.

Thanks, Kenn.
Re: Uploading Of Site And Building Of Web Hosting by niyyie(m): 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2008
thecrew:

hello guy in the house,
i need assistance on how to upload a website and building of webhosting

the crew

I suppose he is refering to how to manage his web hosting account.
Re: Uploading Of Site And Building Of Web Hosting by buzzgonz(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2008
Niyyie i don't understand your Web hosting?  undecided i have register twist in your site till no better.
Re: Uploading Of Site And Building Of Web Hosting by digitalglo(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2008
Hello buzzgonz,
Try www.ivtel.com or give me a ring @ 08035391954
Maybe, we can achieve something 2geda

(1) (Reply)

$60,000 Job Project For Web Developers - Only Smart Developers / Web Developers Column! / Buy BackLinks For Your Websites at Cheap Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.