Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,070 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Abortion: Why? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abortion: Why? (3178 Views)

Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine / Doctor Arraigned For Allegedly Killing A Woman During Abortion / Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion: Why? by lioness(f): 9:02am On Apr 24, 2006
cheesy cheesy good one Nferyn
Re: Abortion: Why? by kimba(m): 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2006
@nferyn
Quote from: dominobaby on April 22, 2006, 09:14 PM
Abortion in evry sense is bad in that u have no right to take a life! That story of foetus/personhood doesnt justify d act of abortion. That foetus had life!

So did the ant you once stepped on.

So are you comparing a human being and an ant? do they stand on equal levels in your perspective?

More than life, the breath of God, the foetus has a soul and a spirit.

Abortion is plain and simple: Murder.
Re: Abortion: Why? by lioness(f): 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2006
undecided well, when u put it like that, i guess u do make a point too
Re: Abortion: Why? by nferyn(m): 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2006
kimba:

@nferyn
So are you comparing a human being and an ant? do they stand on equal levels in your perspective?
Not really, but if being alive is your criterium, they are equal for this purpose (not that I think that only being alive is relevant)

kimba:

More than life, the breath of God, the foetus has a soul and a spirit.
On what authority rests that claim? If you want to use the Old Testament, don't. The Orthodox Jews believe that babies only are human after birth (and thus have a soul)

kimba:

Abortion is plain and simple: Murder.
Everything is so plain and simple for you. Must be very comforting.
Re: Abortion: Why? by lioness(f): 9:42am On Apr 26, 2006
undecided Life is plain confusing
Re: Abortion: Why? by dakmanzero(m): 10:45am On Apr 26, 2006
NO MEN ALLOWED. we men have NO SAY WHATSOEVER on the subject of abortion. While the foetus is growing inside the woman it is a part of her body and she has the FINAL SAY  as to whether to cut it off or not.  It is HER BODY and we all, including other women, have NO RIGHT to tell her what she can or cannot do with it.

Even if she commits suicide- it is her decision. rant all you want about suicide=hell, its still a personal decision to make.
Re: Abortion: Why? by baralatie(m): 8:15pm On May 13, 2006
cool cool Ants can never give birth to LIVE beings.They will never breast feed ayoung that can shape the very meaning of science or knowledge. cool cool
Re: Abortion: Why? by baralatie(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2006
angryEven if she commits suicide- it is her decision. rant all you want about suicide=hell, its still a personal decision to make.
IF WOMEN HAD CHOICES WHAT WOULD IT BE[b]>DEATH[/b].I don't think so.
Re: Abortion: Why? by dakmanzero(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2006
well, whether she makes that decision or not is none of your or my business. If she chooses it, let her have it. Thebaby growing in her is her own, not yours. Not until the umbilical is cut, has it ceased to be a part of her. finish
Re: Abortion: Why? by Ashiwaju(m): 1:20pm On May 23, 2006
@drkmanzero

I disagree with you. Y'say men shouldt contribute? Its health matters remember and we all need to be educated. there is no such thing as mr/mrs know all and i must tell you that i have learned quite a lot.
Re: Abortion: Why? by dakmanzero(m): 1:48pm On May 23, 2006
contribute to be educated, yes. Contribute to ask questions, maybe.

But to tell the woman what to do- NO. We have NO business doing that.

The fact that we are structurally incapable of having, talk less of aborting a pregnancy disqualifies us from imposing an idea on the women. The decision on whether or not to abort should be hers and hers alone.
Re: Abortion: Why? by Ashiwaju(m): 2:15pm On May 23, 2006
dakmanzero:

contribute to be educated, yes. Contribute to ask questions, maybe.

But to tell the woman what to do- NO. We have NO business doing that.

The fact that we are structurally incapable of having, talk less of aborting a pregnancy disqualifies us from imposing an idea on the women. The decision on whether or not to abort should be hers and hers alone.

And Dont you think "Ladies" Would be able to weigh the pro and cons thru this kinda discussion? In the First place, the reason why most ladies abort is either bcus their biffy has refused to accept it or bcus they(ladies) need to abort if the relationship must continue and if she is my sister, i would still advice her you know and i wouldnt let her make that mistake that she or i would live to regret, if its worth aborting @ the early stage, why not if not and if its worth keeping, why not if not. Its like forcing a horse to the stream when you cant force it to drink from the stream.
Re: Abortion: Why? by dakmanzero(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2006
Its her decision to ask you for help.

If she does, then oblige. but otherwise we should just shut up.
Re: Abortion: Why? by teena(f): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2006
Honestly, abortion is not the  best, that reminds me:

PLS CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME, My younger sister is pregnant for a guy whom she claims promised 2 marry her.  She ran out of the hse and kept it to herself till last month lipsrsealed, right now she is in her 8th month  .  She only called last month 2 inform me. shocked  She told me the guy wanted abortion which she decline, then left for Lag with the hope that the guy will meet my family for marriage rights before her delivery embarassed.

[flash=200,200][/flash]The major problem now is that the guy does not hv money to cater for her, I and my brother just forced him last week to go and introduce himself to my Dad which he did.  But right now, my dad is not aware that my sister is pregnant.  My main problem now is where she will stay and have her baby as the guy in question does not hv a suitable apartment and my Dad will never welcome her in the hse?

PLS AM CONFUSED undecided
Re: Abortion: Why? by michy(f): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2006
pls its risky.let her not think of it.she might loose her life.just try and convince your parents but in a situatin where he does not accept,go to your relations

this is serious
Re: Abortion: Why? by Ashiwaju(m): 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2006
8 month abortion!
Re: Abortion: Why? by Mystique(f): 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2006
Guyz be honest wit urselves, if you get a lady Pregnant, and hav no intention of marrying her, You'd be glad if she went and got a D& C angry angry
Re: Abortion: Why? by lioness(f): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2006
dont even think about an eight months abortion.

Let her have the baby. Its going to be tough beginning but she will scale through.
You, ur brother, her "husband" , ur dad, all have to be there for her at this time. Gather some cash for her to help out while the hussy gets something good doing to cater for his family.
Re: Abortion: Why? by olodo(m): 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2006
we can't say it is bad or good cos you ain't wearing the tight shoes so you don't know where it hurt,but if it is possible,try to avoid it,if not,then may God hep us all
Re: Abortion: Why? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2011
i find this very strange:

Arizona enacts ban on abortions based on gender, race

PHOENIX (Reuters) – Arizona Governor Jan Brewer on Tuesday signed into law a controversial bill that makes the state the first in the nation to outlaw abortions performed on the basis of the race or gender of the fetus.

The move comes as anti-abortion groups across the nation try to seize on gains made by political conservatives during the November elections, seeking enactment of new state laws to further restrict abortions.

Under the new Arizona statute, doctors and other medical professionals would face felony charges if they could be shown to have performed abortions for the purposes of helping parents select their offspring on the basis of gender or race.

The women having such abortions would not be penalized.

State legislators have said no such law exists anywhere else in the nation.

Backers of the measure said the ban is needed to put an end to sex- and race-related discrimination that exists in Arizona and throughout the nation. They insist the issue is about bias rather than any broader stance on abortion.

"Governor Brewer believes society has a responsibility to protect its most vulnerable -- the unborn -- and this legislation is consistent with her strong pro-life track record," a spokesman said.

But opponents have maintained that while such abortions may be happening in other countries like China, no clear evidence can found of it occurring in Arizona.

Planned Parenthood Federation of America also said the measure may erode a woman's rights, fearing that doctors for the first time would feel compelled to ask their patients the reasons for seeking an abortion.

A Planned Parenthood official in Arizona condemned the governor's action in a statement to Reuters.

"This law creates a highly unusual requirement that women state publicly their reason for choosing to terminate a pregnancy -- a private decision they already made with their physician, partner and family," said Bryan Howard, the group's chief executive.

The law contains no explicit provision requiring doctors to ask their patients their reasons for seeking an abortion, nor for patients to disclose such reasons. But opponents of the measure feel passage of the new law might make them feel more inclined to do so.

The law would take effect 90 days following the end of the current legislative session

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_arizona_abortion
Re: Abortion: Why? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
i've heard of gender-based abortions but not race based ones.

if, for example, you dont want the baby because it's black, then why were you sleeping with a black man in the first place?
Re: Abortion: Why? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2011
gets weirder and weirder

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110330/ts_yblog_thelookout/billboard-new-law-highlight-racial-turn-for-abortion-debate

Billboard, new law, highlight racial turn for abortion debate

About 1,700 miles away, in Chicago, a Texas-based anti-abortion group unveiled a billboard in the predominantly black neighborhood of Englewood. Next to a picture of Obama, it reads: "Every 21 minutes, our next possible leader is aborted."

The Chicago Abortion Fund, a pro-choice group, denounced the billboard. "The ongoing anti-choice movement to target women of color in cities across the country is both despicable and deplorable," it said in a statement. "Not only is the ad attempting to shame black women but placing a picture of the President Obama alongside the message is cynical and misleading."

The group behind the billboard, Life Always, says it plans 30 similar ones for the Chicago area. It recently placed a billboard in New York City's Soho neighborhood, reading: "The most dangerous place for African Americans is in the womb." It was taken down after protests.

Studies have shown abortion rates are higher among African-American women than among women of other races. That has prompted anti-abortion groups to target African-Americans with the argument that abortion is hurting the black community, with some even referring to its "genocidal impact." Pro-choice groups counter that the disparity means African-American women would be disproportionately harmed by further restrictions on abortion.
Re: Abortion: Why? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2011
so what they're saying is

1. black women have the highest abortion rates of any race in the country.

2. this has affected the demographic impact of the black community in the US.

By extension, are they implying this has contributed to the low numbers of marriageable black men in america?  and helped boost immigration, ie an influx of blacks from other countries which helps buffer the black population.

not sure i understand what's going on.
Re: Abortion: Why? by tck2000(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
We all know abortion is wrong

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable:see 8 Yrs Old Snake Girl / Best And Worst Sleeping Position / How To Cure Heat Rashes And Diaper Rash In Babies (100% Effective)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.