Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers (14820 Views)

"Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Girls' New Dress Code: Wear Your Trousers To Show Your Underpants! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
la furia: so such a law exist in France, intresting that the media didnt make it an issue like women not driving cars in saudi arabia. and no female activist in france all this years? hmm

So much for a country that prides itself asthe most secular in european history but would rather arrest arabs women with burqa.

Btw,what's fuckingright in a woman dressing like a man ?

1 Like

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by LaParisienne(f): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
Relax people, the Law was unenforced. I have never seen or heard a woman arrested for wearing trousers in Paris.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Eltonluigi(m): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
The law is unenforced and part of french legal archeaology. Capeesh?
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by NessaFresh(f): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what did they miss exactly undecided

Ask me oooo...wats so special bout trousers lol
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
never heard of any cases of women arrested for wearing trousers in Paris or elsewhere in France!!
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by NessaFresh(f): 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
pure123: WHEN WILL NIGERIAN MEN BE ALLOWED TO WEAR SKIRT?

Wizkid don already start am and I know naija guys like copying him
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by ifeomabernard(f): 12:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
the law only existed in some part of paris because during stephenie's wedding in paris ini-edo and genny took snapshot in the street of paris wearing trousers
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2013
miss-sweety86:
never heard of any cases of women arrested for wearing trousers in Paris or elsewhere in France!!

You don't need to cuz they gave more attention to attacking arab women dressed in burqa.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nuzo1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2013
This was a written law that hasn't been in practice for over hundred years ago. The government just had to make it official by removing it from the constitution.

Last time I was in Paris, almost all women I saw wore trouser.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by great063(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
Tayothinks: A 200-year-old law forbidding women to wear trousers in Paris has finally been revoked.
By Devorah Lauter, Paris3:32PM GMT 03 Feb 2013

On January 31, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, France's minister of women's rights, made it officially impossible to arrest a woman for wearing trousers in the French capital.
The law required women to ask police for special permission to "dress as men" in Paris, or risk being taken into custody.
In 1892 and 1909 the rule was amended to allow women to wear trousers, "if the woman is holding a bicycle handlebar or the reins of a horse."
The law was kept in place until now, despite repeated attempts to repeal it, in part because officials said the unenforced rule was not a priority, and part of French "legal archaeology."
In July however, in a public request directed at Ms Vallaud-Belkacem, Alain Houpert, a senator and member of the conservative UMP party, said the "symbolic importance" of the law "could injure our modern sensibilities," and he asked the minister to repeal it.

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9845545/Women-in-Paris-finally-allowed-to-wear-trousers.html
That's interesting.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by great063(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
Tayothinks: A 200-year-old law forbidding women to wear trousers in Paris has finally been revoked.
By Devorah Lauter, Paris3:32PM GMT 03 Feb 2013

On January 31, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, France's minister of women's rights, made it officially impossible to arrest a woman for wearing trousers in the French capital.
The law required women to ask police for special permission to "dress as men" in Paris, or risk being taken into custody.
In 1892 and 1909 the rule was amended to allow women to wear trousers, "if the woman is holding a bicycle handlebar or the reins of a horse."
The law was kept in place until now, despite repeated attempts to repeal it, in part because officials said the unenforced rule was not a priority, and part of French "legal archaeology."
In July however, in a public request directed at Ms Vallaud-Belkacem, Alain Houpert, a senator and member of the conservative UMP party, said the "symbolic importance" of the law "could injure our modern sensibilities," and he asked the minister to repeal it.

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9845545/Women-in-Paris-finally-allowed-to-wear-trousers.html
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by kalunomics(m): 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
LMFAO!! I can't fit laff. What a nice question
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by kalunomics(m): 12:42pm On Feb 06, 2013
great063: That's interesting.
God help you
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by fluttershy23: 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
women shuld not put on trouses is not gud shocked
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by mike404(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
neksummi: Is this good news?

you dey madt
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Symphony007: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
And i taught nigeria was primitive?
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by OCcool: 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2013
Orikinla: And how does this affect the price of garri?
bless u bro! U beat me 2 it. Infact how does dis affect d price of toothpick eh?
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by honeric01(m): 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
emmyid: 4 God sake they are not Nuns, trouser is like a blessing which showcases their power hips

And hips don't show in skirts and gown?
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by devour129: 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2013
are you a learner ? FEEL FREE COS IN 9JA ANYTHING GOES
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by ypzilanti: 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
la furia: so such a law exist in France, intresting that the media didnt make it an issue like women not driving cars in saudi arabia. and no female activist in france all this years? hmm

The law is not enforced. whats up with people not actually reading and understanding? cest ne pas comprehende?
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by bankoleben(m): 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2013

The law was there but they've not been enforcing it!
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by pipz(m): 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sam Milla: I lived a few months in Paris between 2009-10. Women wear trousers even black women and Arabs.

God will bless u ooo, my sister.

I'm wondering where dis came from. Paris is a Fashion HUB, where super models walk d runway everyday catwalking in trousers of all sorts. Even in movies I see everybody wearing pants in paris.

What m not sure is about d burqa. I think its illegal for women to cover their faces there. But, trousers....no way..I don't tink it true
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2013
...this is an untruthful story or news-all the years i spent in France,women always wear trousers.so check your story....
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2013
[qu ;ote author=Redmosquito]

read bolded
[/quote]

MINION: Your evilness,when is Redmosquito going to bring back our series.

HADES.That would be wnen they lift the ban on Women wearing Trousers in France.

MINION:Yiiipeeee! My wickedness,so we are back on Nairaland be that O.

1 Like

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by pulel(f): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
kheart: Sharia in paris? Op re u sure it is nt parsia (iran)
It is Persia and not parsia.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
This another lie from the pit of hell here in NL.That women before now dont wear trousersin Paris?Na wa.Which Paris is this one OP is talking about?Common sense suppose tell you say na lie....na.Make cold kill all the women finish?The only thing banned in the whole of France for women is vale.OP go get your facts straight
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by mamagee3(f): 4:58pm On Feb 06, 2013
Lol!!!

I thought France is a European country. . .

There are too backwards to be a European country
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by razznaija(f): 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Never knew France was so backward. Good dev though.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Vires: 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
People no fit read on Nairaland
They said UNENFORCED law
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
I think this is the most stupid topic I have ever seen here!
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by crackhouse(m): 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
to me, this is no good news.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
skak:

these mainstreem medias are more interested on attarking Arab world while forgetting other side of the stories like this one
FYI,parisian Women have been wearing Trousers as long as any other Country,that is the meaning of Legal archeology,its one of those laws that exist from a bygone time period but for one reason or the other no one has bothered to repeal,probably because it no longer holds any relevance and isn't enforced,forgotten by the people,infact I'm sure the majority of Parisians didn't know about this law. Go try driving a Car in the UAE and say U̶̲̥̅̊ had forgotten...e go show for your eye.
And BTW,go learn to write please,thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All NL Fashionistas:Accessorise Your Outfits / Brightening Cream And Soap Wanted, Pls Help!!! / Beauty Tips- Benefits Of Tomatoes For Your Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.