Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Why Is Sex A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Sex A Sin? (11366 Views)

When A Born Again Christian Is Sex Starved / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Sex A Sin? by Ignatio(m): 9:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
This thought came to mind when I was about to get in the act. Silly it may seem but I've to let it out. Why is it seen as a sin or is it because the bible said so? If animals can have intercourse with one another without any form of marital obligation binding them why can't we humans? I believe sexual urge is part of the human nature so why can't we express it without fear that we're doing something wrong. Must we be married to have sex.

NB- Sexual abuse or abuse of sex is wrong.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by vallycan: 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
Why is sex a sin? = sex is a sin because it affect d price of garri even wen dere is no advert or do u want to be like d animal, are u a learner: tongue

Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2013
Ignatio:
NB- Sexual abuse or abuse of sex is wrong.

This is very insightful. NICE!!
Se.x itself is not(and cannot be) sin. The real "sin" is se.x-abuse; meaning se.xual-immorality; meaning fornication. Abuse is either unnatural or illegal(without consent) se.x, including r.ape, bestiality, homo\bi-se.xuality, pedophilia, idolatry, etc

You do not need marriage to enjoy se.x. Marriage as we know it is a invention\tradition of man, not of god. Se.x between consenting adult male and female CANNOT be sin, it is a nature and it is godly expression. This is the freedom that christ has given you: the infinite right to go as you "please", to express your true self without the conscience of the law in the way to condemn you with it's: "Thou shalt not..., thou shalt not...". If god cannot sin, then whatsoever is of god's nature(pleasures of eating, drinking and s.ex) cannot be sin. Enjoy...
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by ihedioramma: 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
BECOS OF PROBLEM IT MAY BRING THAT IS WHY JESUS ASK US TO MARRY ONLY ONE AND STOP WRONG SEX .@ OP, IF U SE ME HAVING SEX WITH YOUR WOMAN WILL U BE HAPPY WITH ME? THAT IS WHAT U ARE ASKING ARE U OK NOW? SEX IS FOR EVERY BODY AT THE TIME U MARRY UR HUSBAND OR WIFE. ANY SEX BEFOR U MARRY IS SIN IF U LIKE CALL IT THE PERSON U WANT TO MARRY.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Nobody: 2:34am On Feb 07, 2013
Sex is never a sin, was never a sin and will never be a sin. Sin is a control statement used by religion for population control.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Ignatio(m): 4:24am On Feb 07, 2013
ihedioramma: BECOS OF PROBLEM IT MAY BRING THAT IS WHY JESUS ASK US TO MARRY ONLY ONE AND STOP WRONG SEX .@ OP, IF U SE ME HAVING SEX WITH YOUR WOMAN WILL U BE HAPPY WITH ME? THAT IS WHAT U ARE ASKING ARE U OK NOW? SEX IS FOR EVERY BODY AT THE TIME U MARRY UR HUSBAND OR WIFE. ANY SEX BEFOR U MARRY IS SIN IF U LIKE CALL IT THE PERSON U WANT TO MARRY.

You also believe that people must be slaves because the bible supports slavery and it is a sin for slaves not to obey their masters. Right?

Back to the topic, humans have a jealous nature. People that share something intimate sure won't love it to leave their circle. I can have a girlfriend whom I share some special things with exclusively. I don't think having sex makes us sinners. I believe it's all about choice.

I still remember David, Solomon and their numerous wives and concubines but, God still favoured them. Even Abraham had intercourse with his slave girl, his wife consenting.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Joagbaje(m): 4:26am On Feb 07, 2013
Sex is not sin, it's fornication that is sin

Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 6:04am On Feb 07, 2013
okeyxyz,

We need to talk please.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 6:29am On Feb 07, 2013
Goshen360: okeyxyz,

We need to talk please.

okay
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by MrAnony1(m): 6:29am On Feb 07, 2013
okeyxyz:

Se.x itself is not(and cannot be) sin. The real "sin" is se.x-abuse; meaning se.xual-immorality; meaning fornication. Abuse is either unnatural or illegal(without consent) se.x, including r.ape, bestiality, homo\bi-se.xuality, pedophilia, idolatry, etc

You do not need marriage to enjoy se.x. Marriage as we know it is a invention\tradition of man, not of god. Se.x between consenting adult male and female CANNOT be sin, it is a nature and it is godly expression. This is the freedom that christ has given you: the infinite right to go as you "please", to express your true self without the conscience of the law in the way to condemn you with it's: "Thou shalt not..., thou shalt not...". If god cannot sin, then whatsoever is of god's nature(pleasures of eating, drinking and s.ex) cannot be sin. Enjoy...
Wow! Again??
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 6:31am On Feb 07, 2013
okeyxyz:

okay

Are you online now? I want to send me email here and when you get it, I modify my post to take off my email. You there?
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by MrAnony1(m): 6:31am On Feb 07, 2013
Goshen360: okeyxyz,

We need to talk please.
Oga Goshen, I think you guys need that talk

@okeyxyz, I wouldn't mind having a talk with you myself too.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 6:37am On Feb 07, 2013
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 6:39am On Feb 07, 2013
@goshen, got it.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 6:41am On Feb 07, 2013
Ok brother.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 6:41am On Feb 07, 2013
Bro Anony, you got Skye?
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by MrAnony1(m): 6:52am On Feb 07, 2013
Goshen360: Bro Anony, you got Skye?
yes I do
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by MrAnony1(m): 7:02am On Feb 07, 2013
Mr_Anony: yes I do
@Goshen, Just sent you an email
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 7:04am On Feb 07, 2013
Mr_Anony: yes I do

Okay, got your email bro.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by ijawkid(m): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Wow! Again??

Double wow....lol.....
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 7:42am On Feb 07, 2013
Mr_Anony:
@okeyxyz, I wouldn't mind having a talk with you myself too.

okay.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Manutd19: 7:47am On Feb 07, 2013
Good question. Meanwhile sex isn't a sin but fornication/adultery is. But if you look at what's happening in d world right now even in the church(pastors themselves), you begin to wonder if there are something we don't know that they know. Just believe and practice what the bible says
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by ihedioramma: 8:07am On Feb 07, 2013
@OP THAT IS WHY JESUS CAME AND DIE FOR OUR SIN. TO MARRY 2 AND HAV GIRL FRD U HAV SEX WITH IS A SIN,SOLOMON DID THAT MAY BE HE DID NOT NO, THAT IS WHY HE ASK FOR WISDOM. AT THAT TIME SOME PEOPLE DONT NO WHAT IS SIN AND THAT IS WHY JESUS CAME AND DIE FOR THAT SIN U ARE DOING TODAY AND THE ONE U SE IN OLD TESTAMENT. IN NEW TESTAMENT DO U SE ANY ONE LOVED BY JESUS THAT IS DOING WHAT SOLOMON E.T.C DID? HE TEACH US THAT THEY ARE SIN . AND TEACH US THE GOOD WAY.DO U LOVE LIFE? IF YES KEEP HIS LAWS & SE U ON TOP

Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2013
okeyxyz:

Good morning okeyxyz,

The above is an interesting thought and assuming I don't know any better, I would have believed you. Anyways, I know enough to say the above is unchristian.

Thanks!

Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Joagbaje(m): 11:29am On Feb 07, 2013
@ Okeyxyz

What can you say about this scripture

1 Corinthians 7:2
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hello everyone,

This is sooooooo hard for me to say but I have to say it anyway with a pure and open heart. In all my Christian life, I've being made to believe that fornication is s.ex between unmarried Christians while Adultery is s.ex between two married people outside their marriage. After talking with our brother okeyxyz via email. Brother okeyxyz said something to me that are hard to believe like the teachings of Apostle Paul. He then made reference that his definition of fornication is NOT his own inventions but as DEFINED IN STRONG'S CONCORDANCE. Since I have Strong's concordance, I wanted to proof our brother wrongs and thinking I will get hold of him, alas, he was right in his definition. I also consulted 7 other bible dictionaries I have in my library, NONE of them defined fornication as s.ex between two unmarried people.

Well, I challenge you to do the same research before you quote me. I hereby challenge everyone to get to the meaning of the word 'fornication' as it appeared EVERY WHERE in scripture and let's have your definition. There's no where (from my research) scriptures say fornication to be s.ex between two unmarried people, it defined fornication as 'illicit or unlawful s.ex related to har.lot, prostitution and s.ex between one married and the other unmarried. It also have figurative meaning of idolatry'. I love to listen to people before I challenge them, then examine what is said if there's any truth therein. That's what I've done in this case with okeyxyz.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
Goshen360: Hello everyone,

This is sooooooo hard for me to say but I have to say it anyway with a pure and open heart. In all my Christian life, I've being made to believe that fornication is s.ex between unmarried Christians while Adultery is s.ex between two married people outside their marriage. After talking with our brother okeyxyz via email. Brother okeyxyz said something to me that are hard to believe like the teachings of Apostle Paul. He then made reference that his definition of fornication is NOT his own inventions but as DEFINED IN STRONG'S CONCORDANCE. Since I have Strong's concordance, I wanted to proof our brother wrongs and thinking I will get hold of him, alas, he was right in his definition. I also consulted 7 other bible dictionaries I have in my library, NONE of them defined fornication as s.ex between two unmarried people.

Well, I challenge you to do the same research before you quote me. I hereby challenge everyone to get to the meaning of the word 'fornication' as it appeared EVERY WHERE in scripture and let's have your definition. There's no where (from my research) scriptures say fornication to be s.ex between two unmarried people, it defined fornication as 'illicit or unlawful s.ex related to har.lot, prostitution and s.ex between one married and the other unmarried. It also have figurative meaning of idolatry'. I love to listen to people before I challenge them, then examine what is said if there's any truth therein. That's what I've done in this case with okeyxyz.

I came to this conclusion some months back, but it's difficult to share so I will rather keep it to myself.

However, we need a proper teaching on the matter so as not to run with half truth or give people license to live anyhow.

I'm still studying it, but in summary fornication is s.ex for idolatry purposes, s.ex just for s.ex sake and prostitution.

U didn't say what adultery is BTW.

Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
Wow!

@ Goshen, I didn't know u guys had been discussing this. I thought it's a fresh topic u created. I saw it on my follow list and clicked on it.

Nice topic.
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2013
Goshen360: Hello everyone,

Good afternoon Goshen,

Let's put this in proper perspective!

Why not start with the definitions you have at hand?

I will suggest that we do not rush into any conclusion just yet as your post suggests but go through this prayerfully and with sincerity. This is a topic, if wrongly addressed, can lead a brother or sister astray.

Thank you!
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2013
okeyxyz:

This second paragraph get k-leg o. undecided

What do u mean by the highlighted?
Re: Why Is Sex A Sin? by debosky(m): 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
This same topic (fornication vs sex between unmarried people) was discussed a while back on NL - but 'religious' folk who refused to even listen derailed it by castigating the OP instead of actually considering what she was saying.

https://www.nairaland.com/35449/pre-marital-sex-not-fornication

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? / Muskeeto, Ihedinobi, Lb...lets Talk Here :-)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55