Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

How Should Married Women Be addressed? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should Married Women Be addressed? (1255 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should Married Women Be addressed? by kunyeo(m): 6:14am On Feb 07, 2013
I asked a new married lady in my office what her name is and i was a bit taken aback when she gave me Mrs.. so and so without her real name.Is that the vogue now?
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Jellitah: 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
ASSSSSSSSSSSSSHAWO 'MRS' OF COURSE! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Is it easy to GET AND 'KEEP'? wink. . .WITHOUT TURNING INTO 'COLLATERAL' DAMAGE ON THE CYBER H-AIRWAYS? grin

BEHOLD MY ROCK! cool

MR AND MRS. . . ALWAYS WITH AND CO TO MATCH. . .BONAFIDE AND SANCTIFIED! cool BLESSED ART THOSE OF 'US' WHO CAN H-ANSWER WIFEY WITHOUT TURNING 'BATTERED-GOATS' IN MARRIAGE OR 'MY FELLOW WIDOWS IN CHRIST'! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGFZq4od-VQ

Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by gparker: 12:03am On Feb 08, 2013
Jellitah what's with the pictures? I didn't get the message ooo, but the part about ashawooo Mrs got me laughing why would you even say that and what do you mean by ashawoo Mrs?

@ OP I don't know what it is with the Mrs title but I've seen a lot of attitude at the work place from married women on this issue and most of them don't seem to like the office culture of people being addressed on first name basis.
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Fhemmmy: 12:10am On Feb 08, 2013
Madam! / Ma'am
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Jellitah: 12:16am On Feb 08, 2013
gparker: Jellitah what's with the pictures? I didn't get the message ooo, but the part about ashawooo Mrs got me laughing why would you even say that and what do you mean by ashawoo Mrs?

@ OP I don't know what it is with the Mrs title but I've seen a lot of attitude at the work place from married women on this issue and most of them don't seem to like the office culture of people being addressed on first name basis.

Some of us are very 'PICTURESQUE'. . . .not against NL rules abi? wink I JUST LOVE TO FLUANNNIT! cool *just to make awon E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI EVEN MORE E BADU BELLETIOUS AND E JOLOSITIOUS(aka MY FELLOW WIDOWS IN CHRIST ATI I GO MARRY BORN FOR CYBER)! Haba! ABI ASHI MODERATORS AND SUPA-ASSSSI MODERATORS NOR DEY POST PISSURES ALL OVER THREADS? wink

ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSHAWO MRS = MRS THAT CAN DO ASSSHAWO ALL OVER NIGERIA/NL. . .STILL DEY H-ANSWER 'MRS' WITHOUT MAN FOR HOUSE O! wink
The title 'Mr' and 'Mrs' are ancient BRITISH expressions. . . WE DO NOT USE SUCH ARCHAIC TERMS FOR OKONGWUS IN MY DEAR USA! cool

Barack Obama is simply 'BARACK OBAMA' and Mitchell Obama is simply 'MITCHELL OBAMA'! Period!!! cool
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by SisiKill1: 12:24am On Feb 08, 2013
Rotflmao! cheesy cheesy

@ Topic
What exactly is the issue here. ..isn't she Mrs. Somebody or did she give you the wrong name? I'm not getting your point.
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Fhemmmy: 12:28am On Feb 08, 2013
^^^ I honestly think the operator was hoping that the woman was single cos of some little crush . . . Lol, and the woman too know it, so she quickly put a break on his heart going faster than could handle with the - "my name is Mrs. Okporoko" . . . . wink

2 Likes

Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by greatgod2012(f): 5:21am On Feb 08, 2013
@op, so how did you expect a married woman to tell you her name in AN OFFICE? Her first name ba? No, an office is an official place, i would rather love to be addressed officially............Mrs.......... Even, if im not married, i love to be addressed officially in my place of work(office)........... Miss...........

My opinion anyway!
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by greatgod2012(f): 5:23am On Feb 08, 2013
Fhemmmy: ^^^ I honestly think the operator was hoping that the woman was single cos of some little crush . . . Lol, and the woman too know it, so she quickly put a break on his heart going faster than could handle with the - "my name is Mrs. Okporoko" . . . . wink

very, very, very likely

possicant!
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 08, 2013
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 08, 2013
Well we go by first names here so Mrs does not stand a chance.

Lol@CC's I am taken cheesy who no know must know After reading that. I sign my emails with my first name, my fathers name in the middle and my husband's name last. cheesy Maybe I should take my fathers name off that list. Not all forms have enough space for both names shocked grin
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 08, 2013
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 08, 2013
^^^^ You know I'm a feminist, I call the shots in the house lipsrsealed .If only oga JK added one RR to the marriage list, we won't be in this situation now cry cheesy.

Abeg don't kill me if I say this one ooo, my signature when I was single was a combo of my first name and maiden name, I never changed it. Was and is still too lazy too. Even my passport(Nigerian) had my maiden name, it only changed recently when I got the new passport in Nigeria, after years of expiration of course(the old passport) . lipsrsealed
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 08, 2013
Re: How Should Married Women Be addressed? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 08, 2013
jennykadry: ^^^^ You know I'm a feminist, I call the shots in the house lipsrsealed .If only oga JK added one RR to the marriage list, we won't be in this situation now cry cheesy.

Abeg don't kill me if I say this one ooo, my signature when I was single was a combo of my first name and maiden name, I never changed it. Was and is still too lazy too. Even my passport(Nigerian) had my maiden name, it only changed recently when I got the new passport in Nigeria, after years of expiration of course(the old passport) . lipsrsealed
lol,you are always speaking my mind.anyway if you are a married colleague in my office and you are of my age group,i call you directly by your name,if you are much older than i am i call you mrs woteva.but even when i am married,i'll still prefer people calling me by my name or dr kulyie

(1) (Reply)

g / Why Do Guys Say No To Their Best Friends When.... / What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.