Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,496 members, 7,847,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:58 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455956 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Lag2Exodus: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2011
@newacca Thanks.

Yes i do know we are supposed to come back and make input. 2 be frank i feel a bit guilty there. I just pop in every now and then to see if there are any questions that i have specific answers 2. life here is not as easy o. Yes it may be simple but its not so easy. Over here u either swim or u sink. Doesn't help matters that i am way behind the class thanks to CHDC. However i do agree that all who benefited should give back. ive done a bit tough but i intend to do much more. I hope u get your application finalised, wishing u the best
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2011
@cuddlemii,
I'm alright Sis. nothing new yet. Just dat I just renewed my DSTV subscription to watch action movies and sport(football and boxing) abi wetin Man go do? Thx. Sis

@Lag2exodus,
thx 4 ur understanding. U've got no alternative than to keep ur head up. Don't give up. I knw u gotta survive it. Take ur time n face ur studies squarely. Contribute on own quota when necessary. Remain silent if u dnt have any tangible info to give. Give the best if u have vital info to give. U r cool brov. thx.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
newacca:

@cuddlemii,
I'm alright Sis. nothing new yet. Just dat I just renewed my DSTV subscription to watch action movies and sport(football and boxing) abi wetin Man go do? Thx. Sis

Uw. But what is really happening to yours? Did u supply a new start date & have u gotten an email from the embassy. I know this week would be a great one. Can't wait for Monday to come.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lamide11: 12:09am On Sep 19, 2011
hello all, bein reading the treads nd i must say, great info, still waitin on the embassy myself, hpfully this week sha, God they
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2011
n/a
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2011
@Newacca
am seriously praying for you ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2011
@cuddlemii,
Thx. I was instructed to go for further medical test,owing to the chest pain I treated 8years ago. They want to be sure I have been fully treated and cured. The test includes sputum smears culture which will last for 6weeks and another x-ray 3days after the 6weeks. So,I have got no alternative than to wait till the outcome of the test and the x-ray is done in October. Though,I will automatically need to start my prog. in January,2012(God willing)
God has reasons and ways of doing his things. His time is just the best. I have to wait on the lord. He has the best for me,for you and all others. This is gonna be a good week for u and all others that were not called for further medicals(Insha Allah)
I come in Peace.
ciao

@nellydee,

Thx. so much. The school has told me to wait until the embassy request for the new start date. I think every organization has ways of doing things. Though I've informed CDHC of it and they remain silent. I was made to knw that what matters to them is the further medical test i.e the medical test is the what delays their final decision on my case. Thank u so much. trust me now. I have been calm,collected,composed and disciplined and also displaying great level of maturity since when I applied for the visa and when I was called for the interview.
Thanx for playing for me. Yes,wanna add u,but I don't have ur id. Guess u r also in Toronto,ON. I will be coming to Toronto,ON when I get the visa( by God's grace) smiley

u r right. about realnigga's post. I even challenged the poster (realnigga) to give me the name of the Canadian school in Dubai to ppl here,rather than providing is personal e-mail address. It does not necessarily mean ppl should send private mail to them only to give 'em the name of schools. Schools aint illegal organizations. Anyway,diff. ppl with diff. view of perspective to issue.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by wesley80(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2011
Folks i'm still despairing here and really wish someone can bail me out. Here's my question and an initial response;

Quote from: wesley80 on September 14,
2011, 06:05 PM
Hey guys, sorry to sound a bit off key here but i
need urgent information from someone better
informed.
A friend of mine is considering going over to
Canada for her masters and since she's missed
out of the January session, she's desperately after
admission for the summer session (may-june
2012) thanks to advice from agents who say its
possible. I dont know much about Canadian
admission myself but i was strongly opposed to
paying 80k to an agent for whatever reason.
having googled and googled, i'm beginning to
think maybe paying the money isnt a bad idea
afterall. So pls does anyone know if its all a wild
goose chase or if truly there are schools out there
still accepting applications for summer session
2012. The few i came across only have few
programs open during summer, She's a
chartered accountant, made a 2.1 and is
considering a biz/finance course.

gel01
May-June session is not a common start date for
a masters program but give me some time to do
some research for you. u dont need to pay any
agent to apply for admission on your behalf ok.

So does anyone have an answer? ANYBODY? Please
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 9:54am On Sep 19, 2011
@nellydee
In as much as you are right but the last time I checked we still have freedom of speech. Those are his opinions, its left for you to digest or disregard. Now your defense is another characteristic of a Nigerian. You have received you visa, probably if you hadn't you would have been furious too. Yes there is a process, the delay or decision given by them can be handled in different ways. You might choose to be civil but you can't speak for others, he must have gone through a lot to warrant such anger. So we should learn to manage people's utterances & understand that we are all peculiar people.

You said they look at character and so on. I don't think all that was necessary, I am sure we all have goals so lets stick to that rather than trade words or analyze the visa process when you are not present in the embassy. So your hearsay or assumption is typical of a Nigerian too as you don't work in the embassy neither do you know their mindset or job. If a consular sat you down to lecture you on the process then that is a different matter if not, face what you are here for.

I am sorry if I sound rude but if you going to be a critic then you had better be ready to be criticized too. Congrats on your visa & I see you have changed your location to Toronto. Nice & best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gbenga8301: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2011
please am filling my form right now and the first colum is sayin UCI/CLIENT ID, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO PUT THERE PLS CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 11:54am On Sep 19, 2011
n/a
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
@nellydee

I understand even if it is lengthy. I am only asking you to learn to tolerate people. When he replies you & arguments starts, how does that add to anyone's progress. I have friends who attended the Canadian University in Dubai & have crossed over since without any hassles likewise other countries. I just think real nigga was frustrated with the way Nigerians are treated like lepers when it comes to visa in our country when we are not that hostile to applicants applying for our own visa. The last time I went to the embassy, they wanted to beat up & gun down a pregnant woman because she dropped in front of the embassy. If she had been attended to at the stipulated time, it won't have escalated to that. I spent the whole day in front of the embassy only for them to ask me to send an email. Some people practically live there and feed on boiled groundnuts while they wait in anticipation for their visa. Why must people be treated as such because we are  going to pay for our fees & not going for hand outs or alms. I can go on and on, I was just calm because aggression & outburst doesn't solve anything but that would not stop me from stating the obvious. I read the dailies recently that a Nigerian ambassador or so had a dialogue with them to be a little bit lenient or else the same treatment would be given to their own people when they want to come here. That is why this year has been fantastic.

You are right, realnigga is right and I am right as well. Its our opinions & we have a right to stand by it. It is a free world.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2011
@@gbenga8301
L
LLike I said b4, leave it. Silly boi.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2011
@All

I have acceded to the request of the embassy and sent a new start date. As the Hard-Copy is still in the mail, I sent a soft-copy for now and received an acknowledgement of reciept. Na God I dey look nau oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Epic how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
@EpicWin I think I will just call d school and differ and send the copy off deferral let by mail, what do you think?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2011
EpicWin:

@All

I have acceded to the request of the embassy and sent a new start date. As the Hard-Copy is still in the mail, I sent a soft-copy for now and received an acknowledgement of reciept. Na God I dey look nau oh.

Wealth21:

@EpicWin I think I will just call d school and differ and send the copy off deferral let by mail, what do you think?

Why don't you both give them till tomorrow before making any rash move. Afterall, Nefron just got his own on Friday, 2 more days won't hurt except your school won't give you that grace. Let the embassy worry about your start whether you need to go now or later. Well I am hopeful for you guys sha cos I was told by today packages would be distributed. Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Cuddlemi the latest date is 21st sept. Am still hopeful till the end of the day. Thanks for your prayers, am praying for you too.

@Epicwin respond na
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Cuddlemii

So madam, I should disregard a specific request by the embassy for anoda start date which must be on an acceptance letter abi?

My school gave me till the 21st and I've gone as far as submitting this written statement from my school personally upper last week Friday (even was lucky enough to go inside and submit on a FRIDAY). Immediately after I came out, I got the same e-mail asking 4 an alternate start date on anoda acceptance letter. If two e-mails isn't enough cause to take this so called 'RASH' action (as u call it), then I don't know what is oh.

If they haven't given a definate answer on any specific enquiries, then I'll fold my arms and wait. 2 emphatic e-mails in quick succession is enough for me to give them what they want.

Not everyone is in the same shoes so please @Wealth, make sure you are asked to provide a new start date b4 u follow in my shoes. I was asked oh.

Some pay tuition b4 visa and some don't. Some submit the last time their mothers had mensis while others supply the basic necessities. Some, like some lucky chap on here said his application wasn't so thoroughly put together and got it  while a friend of mine was denied after medical, having paid tuition and a 350million bank staty because they felt he wouldn't be able to afford is upkeep (Imagine!!!)

My humble advice; push your application fastidiously but politely. Do what's ASKED of u (someone else might not be asked) and with a clean mind and open hands, all will fall according to place.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
EpicWin:

@Cuddlemii

So madam, I should disregard a specific request by the embassy for anoda start date which must be on an acceptance letter abi?

My school gave me till the 21st and I've gone as far as submitting this written statement from my school personally upper last week Friday (even was lucky enough to go inside and submit on a FRIDAY). Immediately after I came out, I got the same e-mail asking 4 an alternate start date on anoda acceptance letter. If two e-mails isn't enough cause to take this so called 'RASH' action (as u call it), then I don't know what is oh.

If they haven't given a definate answer on any specific enquiries, then I'll fold my arms and wait. 2 emphatic e-mails in quick succession is enough for me to give them what they want.

Not everyone is in the same shoes so please @Wealth, make sure you are asked to provide a new start date b4 u follow in my shoes. I was asked oh.

Some pay tuition b4 visa and some don't. Some submit the last time their mothers had mensis while others supply the basic necessities. Some, like some lucky chap on here said his application wasn't so thoroughly put together and got it  while a friend of mine was denied after medical, having paid tuition and a 350million bank staty because they felt he wouldn't be able to afford is upkeep (Imagine!!!)

My humble advice; push your application fastidiously but politely. Do what's ASKED of u (someone else might not be asked) and with a clean mind and open hands, all will fall according to place.

Oga, I was just concerned for u as usual. I guess I over do it sometimes. I wasn't even away of the 2 emails, sorry for the oversight on my part. I still have hope for you though, nothing is impossible, you never can tell, you still have today & tomorrow. Best of luck. So what other start date did u submit.
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2011
@cuddlemii

Thanks dear; I know you wouldn't tackle me if u didn't care sef. I pray your faith works 4 me oh. I wouldn't mind getting the visa the way @Lee has it, (Openended till a specific resumption). I am silently praying something good happens either today or tmao sha. My new date is January 5th oh.

Founded or Unfounded, I am Hoping in the fact that if they wanted to deny me, it'll probably have being since , but u never know with this pple. I try not to imagine the devil is in their office; torturing me by proxy.
Re: Travelling To Canada by JagaJaga1: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
@cuddlemii I've been silently following all your posts, and I'm impressed with the way you tackle issues and the language you use in doing so, but which one come be "away".
I was about to tell nellydee "shutup" when she talked about character but big thanks to you for handling the issue gently.
I still want to say that, if your resumption date is Oct. 11, then you still have enough time. The embassy will surely make a decision on your case as you submitted your application about 4 months to your start date - no embassy has exceeded 4 months in the processing of a study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lee007(m): 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2011
@EpicWin just Chilax believe me these guys are not that insensitive to our aspirations. My experience has showed me just that, for those who have almost missed resuption dates, I won't be suprised if they leave ur enty open till jan or even may, in that case you have more time to relax, prepare and FLY, all the best people cool!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
@epicWin I was sent that email as well that if I don't have another start I should defer till the next admission start date. Which for me is January. So i have been in touch with them already, I should get the letter by week ending or early next week.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
All of you should calm down and pray. Nobody can really tell what they consider while issuing visas,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2011
Jaga Jaga:

@cuddlemii I've been silently following all your posts, and I'm impressed with the way you tackle issues and the language you use in doing so, but which one come be "away".
I was about to tell nellydee "shutup" when she talked about character but big thanks to you for handling the issue gently.
I still want to say that, if your resumption date is Oct. 11, then you still have enough time. The embassy will surely make a decision on your case as you submitted your application about 4 months to your start date - no embassy has exceeded 4 months in the processing of a study permit.

Thank u dearie. I am chilling for the embassy till when they are ready for me. Nellydee was just being expressive. The whole stress is on everyone abeg. Its just temporary though, we will all be calm soon.

Hotstepper:

All of you should calm down and pray. Nobody can really tell what they consider while issuing visas, 

Pray for us too. Thanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
I willsmiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by blackpro: 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2011
newacca:

@cuddlemii,
Thx. I was instructed to go for further medical test,owing to the chest pain I treated 8years ago. They want to be sure I have been fully treated and cured. The test includes sputum smears culture which will last for 6weeks and another x-ray 3days after the 6weeks. So,I have got no alternative than to wait till the outcome of the test and the x-ray is done in October. Though,I will automatically need to start my prog. in January,2012(God willing)

@newacca
pls can you provide more information about the medicals that are usually conducted for applicants, I think this will really be helpful.

Thanks amillion

Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
@blackpro,
The medical test includes: blood test(for HIV and other STDS),Urine test,X-ray(for chest pain/TB etc), eye test,physical test to see if u have any major pain in ur body. Nothing much abt it,if u r medically ok.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by blackpro: 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2011
newacca:

@blackpro,
The medical test includes: blood test(for HIV and other STDS),Urine test,X-ray(for chest pain/TB etc), eye test,physical test to see if u have any major pain in your body. Nothing much abt it,if u r medically ok.
ciao

Thanks alot for this information
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2011
@blackpro,
u r welcome bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gbenga8301: 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ epicwin
thanks bro, how is every going it is well, cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.