Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454730 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by tipsy289(m): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2008
@ Almondjoy
will be surprised not everywhere is peaceful or quiet (overall yes i agree) but in Toronto to Montreal nah this does not really go like that.
other guy
i think you can send your WAEC result without school confirmation as they can see your results online(i'm not 100% sure since its been long since i did mine)
Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2008
hmmm, did you inlcude your waec scratch card in your visa application during your time, My result is not ready i only have my statement od result, an acceptance letter and proof of funds are available but i wana know about my result, can i use my statement of result, and also combine my result at the computer school i went to and beside i am going for computer engineering and i have my certificate from the computer traning school and their resilt but i dont have my original secondary school certificate yet but have my statement of result, what do i do in the situation.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2008
lao:

Delta 007 what do you mean that malaspina is a moi moi university i don' t understand, am going to do my maters degree in business administration and i will be given two certificates. Please can you help me find out more about this school because i have paid for it.
What dont you understand? The moi moi part? You have the internet at your disposal. Just make sure whatever degree you are getting from any university is recognized.

home1986:

Hello Mr delta, Please i need one more assistance please, My Secondady school original certificate is not ready but the statement of result is available, Can include that in the Application since the original result is not available and beside i was told i have to insert a Waec Scratch Card also in the application, is it necessary for me to do that, Please advise. Thanks
Yes, include the results in your application and include the scratch card also. Inform them that the certificate is not ready and make sure you tell them that you'd send a copy of the certificate when it is ready. They can give you a conditional admission based on that. Which school are you applying to?
Re: Travelling To Canada by peace5050: 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2008
bros delta007, thanx a millon i am looking at pre masters program in george brown college , wireless networking PGD, i have some I.T exper from nigga.but give or take whats my chances of covering up for the rest tution fee . cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2008
Delta i dont think you really understand my point, am talking about the embassy not the school, i have my acceptance letter and prof of funds and all other things to back up, am only saying that my original waec certificate is not ready for me to include in my VISA APPLICATION but i have my statement of result, am asking if i can use my statement of result including my Computer school result and the original certifacte i got from the computer school and after that do i still need to include a Waec scratch card, have u ever hear about puting a scratch card along with a VISA APPLICATION to embassy, thats just wat i wana know, am pertaining about the scratch card coz someone said they normally include it. Please i need an answer on wat to do now, coz the course am also going to study is computer engineering tech.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2008
submit the scratch card, if they feel the need to verify your documents, they will contact WAEC and you will appear proactive.

@ lao wanting to go to Malaspina Uni, it is a small school in Nanaimo a small town on Vancouver Island, which is VERY different from Vancouver City. Its almost as far away from naija as you can get, and If you do get admission, my advice would be to spend one year there, and then apply to University of British Columbia or Simon Fraser University which are in Vancouver/Burnaby and are well recognised as delta said. Quite a few people I know did that - go to one of them small schools then transfer so its very possible.

The best thing I would say about the school is that the weather is much better than most of Canada, quite warm and sunny, but it is like 8-9 hours behind naija, and since its in a small town, opportunities to work off campus would be minimal. In addition since it would be in your interest to get very high grades so you can transfer to a better university, I would not advise you to work or do anything outside school for the first year.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2008
@home,
I think Debosky already gave you a good response. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this scratch card bizness. . .I guess it came way after my time but I'm sure the embassy will be used to it and that's probably a legit way to verify your results.

@peace,
Na only for this forum I don hear "pre-masters". Na wa. But if you are talking about your finances, regardless of whether you can cover it or not, you'd need to prove to the consul that you have enough funds to cover at least your first year of the program. . .most times, they tell you to even pay and get the institution to send a faxed receipt directly to the embassy. I dont know how long this prog; maybe a better idea of the cost structure might help. Yeah, there's an opportunity to work full time during the summer (4mths) to raise cash for you tuition but dont count on it. Remember, there are other expenses you have to take into consideration as well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by bluesky4(f): 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2008
I looove canada, wouldnt mind living there in the futur,
spent my summer hols there last year, and its a mixture between the UK and US, but better, toronto has a variety of ppl form different nationalities, u wont feel the like only black there. Not sure about the other places.
Hope everything goes well, think of it as a blessing u didnt get a british visa.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by peace5050: 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2008
thank delta007 , u are always at our rescue , anyway pre-masters(PGD) dey well, check www.georgebrown.ca. however as i informed u earlier i av got abt 1and half mill , the course is abt 16k dollars tution etc altogether . cheers i look forward 2 ur response
Re: Travelling To Canada by uchchu: 10:45pm On Apr 14, 2008
got a PhD admission in a canadian school. the school exempted some universities in Nigeria from having toefl as a prerequisite for admission. The university I attended is among. Do I need a toefl certificate to be able to get a study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2008
peace5050:

thank delta007 , u are always at our rescue , anyway pre-masters(PGD) dey well, check www.georgebrown.ca. however as i informed u earlier i av got about 1and half mill , the course is about 16k dollars tution etc altogether . cheers i look forward 2 your response
My guy, you need to show the consul when you apply for your visa that you have well above $16k for your tuition and upkeep.

By the way, GeorgeBrown, no offence but GeorgeBrown na one of those moi moi universities I was talking about. . .that's why they'd offer a "pre-masters"; I take it that such programs are certificate programs not degree programs. The'er website is currently down so wasnt able to verify my statements. It might be a good starting point for u but there's always a possibility to transfer to any university of your choice when you get in, that's if u discover it's not meeting your needs.

uchchu:

got a PhD admission in a canadian school. the school exempted some universities in Nigeria from having toefl as a prerequisite for admission. The university I attended is among. Do I need a toefl certificate to be able to get a study permit.
U shud be fine. As far as u got ur admission letter and meet other pre-reqs, u are probably good to go. Some institutions waive TOEFL requirements once they realise that English is the official lingo of your country of origin or you've been studying in English for several years.
Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2008
Do anybody know about the Custodian relationship, it was part of my visa application form and i do not have any at the moment, would i have to ignore it, was thinking its for someone who has sumone abroad i think, someone please advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Goshen360(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2008
Everyone interested in studying overseas can get any school in any country of choice online and apply online too from the website below:

http://www.4icu.org/

Choose your country of choice and then the school. Good luck to you all
Re: Travelling To Canada by almondjoy(f): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2008
tipsy289:

@ Almondjoy
will be surprised not everywhere is peaceful or quiet (overall yes i agree) but in Toronto to Montreal nah this does not really go like that.
other guy
i think you can send your WAEC result without school confirmation as they can see your results online(i'm not 100% sure since its been long since i did mine)

That is fine. I know not everywhere is peaceful.  I just love their "international" image and respectability around the world.  Not as loud as Americans.  Overall, yes. . .they are peaceful and loving with no beef at all! kiss  I work with some of them and I have no complaint about them at all.  Always so well-mannered and willing to help.  Never angry or nosey! Very reserved! I love them!
Re: Travelling To Canada by peace5050: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2008
bros delta007 , shuu i know say na pako school but , na 2:2 i finish with besides i knw fit get admission for master from canada with my g.p , i am a bit afraid here are u saying i need like 2.5 milla for my account to go do that course . or what, cry undecided . the whole idea is to get into the school and look else where later on . cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by burnin: 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2008
Delta, I just applied for a study permit for undergraduate at carleton but I cannot pay the fees yet because registration has not commenced. Will this affect my application? BTW the funds are available
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 12:32am On Apr 21, 2008
burnin:

Delta, I just applied for a study permit for undergraduate at carleton but I cannot pay the fees yet because registration has not commenced. Will this affect my application? BTW the funds are available
No, it shouldnt. However, you'd likely be asked to make the payment (amongst other things like medicals) after your first interview. Congrats and goodluck.

Peace, goodluck smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2008
good luck, carleton na good skool for Ottawaaaaa
Re: Travelling To Canada by marydre: 10:28am On Apr 23, 2008
@burnin

wat was your GPA? cos i also want to apply to carleton.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Temmyoba: 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2008
If you want to travel, i think u can get in touch with this is people they've helped me even my friend, there is not all about money, here is there details if u which:

QUANTUM RESOURCES INC. IS A STUDY/ABROAD AND GENERAL TRAVEL CONSULTANT WHICH AIMS AT HELPING ITS CLIENTS OVERCOME THE PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED WHEN SEEKING ADMISSIONS OR STUDY ABROAD,OR FOREIGN JOB SEARCH BOTH SKILLED AND UNSKILLED AND DURING VISA APPLICATIONS AND PROCESS.

IF YOU DESIRE QUALITY ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR TRAVEL OR MIGRATION PLANS FROM NIGERIA (OR WEST AFRICA) TO ANY PART OF THE WORLD, CONTACT US AND WE WILL HELP WITH YOUR VISA PROBLEMS!

OFFICE ADDRESS:

QUANTUM RESOURCES INC.
**STUDY/WORK ABROAD AND GENERAL TRAVEL CONSULTANTS**
(A SUBSIDIARY OF JOSSY CROWN WEALTH NIG LTD)
181,BAMGBOSE STREET,LAGOS ISLAND,
LAGOS STATE,NIGERIA.
TEL:+23412205180, +2347055899232
EMAIL:quantum.resoucesinc@gmail.com

that is there address u can call or mail themwell i can say they are good becasue they done it for me.

I wish u good luck

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada by uchchu: 9:19pm On Apr 27, 2008
I sent a pre-application for PhD to University of Alberta. I passed and was told to send my full application which I have done. I made 3.95/5.0 in my BSc and 4.67/5.0 in MSc. I did not write toefl or sat cos the university I attended is among the schools that the university of Alberta exempted from writing toefl or sat. Do I really need a toefl certificate for student visa application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 11:02am On Apr 28, 2008
Someone please help, I need assistance on some issues please, How would my statement of account be, someone said i need a statement of mine also which contain like 300 thousand and i also need a statement from a sponsor which i will be submiting together and another person is telling me i only need a statement from just a sponsor which has to carry my surname on it that i dont need to show a personal statement, i am confuse as to which statement i need exatly, if its only just a statement from a sponsor that carries my surname or statement from sponser that carries another name while i include mine also, I am going a student visa application and need more help, I also heard i wud be needing travel insurance and some other stuffs, Please successfull people here should please assist me please i am just 20 years old and dont really know much and dont have anyone to asisst me, Please put me through all and what specific documents i will be needing, i am Just making sure i dont make mistake, Canada has been my dream coz i have plans there,

Please help in the name of God and advise
Re: Travelling To Canada by marydre: 11:16am On Apr 28, 2008
@delta & co kindly come to @home, aid.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2008
uchchu:

I sent a pre-application for PhD to University of Alberta. I passed and was told to send my full application which I have done. I made 3.95/5.0 in my BSc and 4.67/5.0 in MSc. I did not write toefl or sat because the university I attended is among the schools that the university of Alberta exempted from writing toefl or sat. Do I really need a toefl certificate for student visa application.
No you do not need TOEFL if the university waives it. The embassy could care less; all they are more concerned with is making sure ur papers are legit and you have the ability to fund urself while you are in Alberta and you are willing to return when you complete your program. Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2008
home1986:

Someone please help, I need assistance on some issues please, How would my statement of account be, someone said i need a statement of mine also which contain like 300 thousand and i also need a statement from a sponsor which i will be submiting together and another person is telling me i only need a statement from just a sponsor which has to carry my surname on it that i don't need to show a personal statement, i am confuse as to which statement i need exatly, if its only just a statement from a sponsor that carries my surname or statement from sponser that carries another name while i include mine also, I am going a student visa application and need more help, I also heard i would be needing travel insurance and some other stuffs, Please successfull people here should please assist me please i am just 20 years old and don't really know much and don't have anyone to asisst me, Please put me through all and what specific documents i will be needing, i am Just making sure i don't make mistake, Canada has been my dream because i have plans there,

Please help in the name of God and advise
Relax, you'd need a statement from your sponsor. It could be a combined statement (that's if you are partly sponsoring yourself) or a statement from your parents. Basically, it's just a proof that your sponsor is going to be your financial backbone and he/she has the financial capabilities to such commitments. I hope i'm clear. . .dont let anyone confuse you. If your parents or uncle is sponsoring you, u need statements from them.

In terms of travel insurance, you do not need all that to get a Visa. A travel insurance could be bought when you buying ur ticket and it mainly covers your trip (in case u fall ill or miss ur flight or lose ur luggage, etc). Waste of money if u ask me. When u arrive Canada, your institution will offer you a health insurance package for you to purchase. Most times, it's included in your fees and you can only opt out if u have other alternate health plan.

Lastly, take my words with a grain of salt. My best advice is to get the application form (for your Visa) and fill it out. Make sure u submit all the required documents asked on the form. Do not rely on "them say them say". Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by asimit: 2:29pm On May 03, 2008
I need advice from the veteran on school visa:

I just got admission from Niagara College Canada to do a postgraduate study in Environmental studies and presently working in Abuja as an Office Manager and my sponsor will be my father-in-law and we are about to pay the entirew school fees before presenting my application to the embassy.He will be my sponsor in his own personal capacity as my husband works with him in his company though what is left will be maintenance and the school has gotten homestay family arrangements for me.

What do you think i should be prepared for at the embassy and any useful information will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by raptors28: 10:54pm On May 03, 2008
What would you consider as strong ties to your country? I don apply for visa twice and dem bounce me, said I couldn’t convince em that I’ll return after the program and that I was not a bonafide student.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tipsy289(m): 11:11pm On May 03, 2008
oh almondjoy true.
i'll say Canada-actually Ontario,Quebec and BC are more international than the others.u guys in the States just all want to be by urself thats y its so hard say to see an Indian person,arab e.t.c(Atlanta and Phoenix i know off).Come up here one day.

@raptors
Strong ties will be your Family back home(in Nigeria i'm guessin).You need to convince them with their jobs,position in the family,properties e.t.c.
i know its hard to convince them even when u are saying the truth(screw the embassies)
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 4:17pm On May 05, 2008
@tipsy, Alberta is among international now tongue
By the way, have u heard that 2FACE will be performing on May 16th and 17th in Toronto?
Re: Travelling To Canada by subice(m): 12:24pm On May 13, 2008
Can someone in based in Canada give me an idea of how good these three universities are. Thanks

University of Calgary, Alberta
Ryerson University, Ontario
University of Windsor, Ontario
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:06pm On May 13, 2008
subice:

Can someone in based in Canada give me an idea of how good these three universities are. Thanks

University of Calgary, Alberta
Ryerson University, Ontario
University of Windsor, Ontario
Universities in Canada are ranked based on the programs they offer. I wont be able to give you a fair assessment of the above universities because I don't know which program is of interest to you. However, if I were a student, I also like to look at the social activities of the city/town where the university is located, the job prospects in that city alongside other things. . .and anyone in Canada will tell you Alberta is where it is now because of the Oil sands. Real Estate there is obviously very expensive there.

Windosr is known for its Business program and the city is known for it's auto industry as it borders Detroit. . .things are relatively slow there compared to previous years.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 3:44pm On May 13, 2008
Delta007 have said it all. Canada does not rank its universities as they have few and have high standards. It has high standards as one school does not want to go and do everything like medical skool, alw skool etc as Delta also pointed out.
Uni. of Cal. in Alberta where Canada gat oil and there is job prospect if u wanna walk but housing is expensive.
Uni. of Windsor is aloso good as it borders Detriot
Ryerson is in Toronto which is another place for job prospect, Reyerson is good for its engineering programs and even business, I bro. did Aerospapce Engineering dere

So for people to help you beta, we have to know the course you want to study

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.