Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454686 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by johhnnie(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2011
@nikeylee. I was on suit. Many of the people that came; came with their parents (most especially with their moms). Think i could recollect; may be i' m not so sure! all i had on my mind was to get thru. with the medicals. It was just a short time in my thinking ( might be wrong though) to start socializing after all, we'll av ourselves fully once in Ca. God willing, I rmbrd a guy going to Alberta ( M.Sc Physics by research). Most were for undergrads, we were five in my bus. we left zankli for the other centre at around 2:00pm plus. I was attended to my a Dr. upstairs 2nd door to the left from the waiting room upstairs.

@ cycline-404, Zankli takes 45k or 46k. If i can still rmbr. Misplaced the receipt somehow. Got the total expenses outta my mind the moment i was through. I think nikeylee can give us the exact as per Zankli's charges.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nikeylee94(f): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2011
its 46,000 at zankli but i heard its cheaper in lag
Re: Travelling To Canada by nikeylee94(f): 6:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
I also came with my mom.most of the pple i interacted with were going 4 unergrad.Cnt remember anyone wearing suit.
Re: Travelling To Canada by johhnnie(m): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2011
@nikeylee, we are getting somwia. I think your mum interactd with another woman ( excanged pleasantires somewhat) that came with her son.you sat on the other side away from the entrance. I later helped with the guy's form; his mom beckoned me for assistance. She was not sure whether to fill-in long or short stay since the guy was going for undergrad. U're not too dark. may be 5ft smthing, average size?
Re: Travelling To Canada by nikeylee94(f): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2011
yes ur right
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ henrywest, u r mouthed
@ johhnnie, I wsh to av doctor of biz administration frm a reputable biz school sumday, so I gues u r going for a Dba NW, wat course did u read in ur 1st degree, u av an impressing credentials,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
Johhnnie, how is geographic information system like, does it really pay in naija? I guess it is basically research, map location stuFf
Re: Travelling To Canada by Dare14: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2011
hes going for an undergraduate study and all photocopy's was made along with the originals, his resumption date is jan 4 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 9:22am On Oct 15, 2011
Dare14:

hes going for an undergraduate study and all photocopy's was made along with the originals, his resumption date is jan 4 2012

I wish him best of luck, U have done ur best, Let God Do the rest and God will never fail his pple,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:13am On Oct 15, 2011
lol @ johnnie walker & nickeylee, una dey recite episode ni. Abeg make una take am easy for us wey no get suit & mama to follow us 4 meds and wear sutana. Whenever I think its the end, you both keep adding more to the script. So how does it end? Skip to d good part already!

@all

Don't worry your visas would be out soon. Endeavour to send an email to them with the format that was pasted here. Don't write too much grammer, simply write that you want a status update of your application.

Sorry I have been missing, I am actually frozen here & seriously, I have been busy trying to settle down. I wrote 2 tests yesterday so its been crazy. I am sure thats why some peeps on here have been absence not like they abandoned u but its not easy so bear with everyone & good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Dare14: 10:25am On Oct 15, 2011
cycline404:

I wish him best of luck, U have done your best, Let God Do the rest and God will never fail his pple,

Amen oo, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by johhnnie(m): 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2011
@cuddlemi, I was wondering when you are going to come out of the blues! Now that u came out, it's a good way to keep out the cold ! Don't u think so ?
@Nikeylee, @ last. I think i can view you in my minds eyes right now!

@ global paul, the truth about GIS is that; it's a tool that everyone must know how to use effectivley well . it's a spatial decision support system. What it seeks to do is how can everything in space and time exist together in peace without hampering on one another's peaceful existence?. It's beyond digital mapping. Has built in modules for analysis ( query, buffering, networking, classification , themes overlay etc). For instance, the new FRSC Vehicles/driver licensing where you can query attribute from the spatial data in real time is GIS based. GPS and other navigation systems (working on satellite constellation/ synchronization) remote sensing, digital/analogue survey, digital/analogue mapping, hydro-graphic survey, digitizing are merely ways of feeding data into the GIS systems. GIS is simply application based. it means different things to different professions depending on usage. I won't go beyond this for now,
Surely, it's the next level. GIS experts are highly needed every where in the world. GIS started in Canada in the 60s. But US is taking the lead presently, i think harvard has done a lot in the area of neo-classical GIS. It is becoming common place even in Nigeria.
GIS has a lot of usability. most importantly in data base ( physiographic and attribute ) creation and managment for spatial decision support,
Re: Travelling To Canada by nikeylee94(f): 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2011
@cuddlemii amen oo
@ the ones already in canada,can i study medicine after my first degree becos i read that international students r nt allowed 2
Re: Travelling To Canada by johhnie: 6:38pm On Oct 15, 2011
@cuddlemi, I was wondering when you are going to come out of the blues! Now that u came out, it's a good way to keep out the cold ! Don't u think so ?
@Nikeylee, @ last. I think i can view you in my minds eyes right now!

@ global paul, the truth about GIS is that; it's a tool that everyone must know how to use effectivley well . it's a spatial decision support system. What it seeks to do is how can everything in space and time exist together in peace without hampering on one another's peaceful existence?. It's beyond digital mapping. Has built in modules for analysis ( query, buffering, networking, classification , themes overlay etc). For instance, the new FRSC Vehicles/driver licensing where you can query attribute from the spatial data in real time is GIS based. GPS and other navigation systems (working on satellite constellation/ synchronization) remote sensing, digital/analogue survey, digital/analogue mapping, hydro-graphic survey, digitizing are merely ways of circulating data into the GIS systems. GIS is simply application based. it means different things to different professions depending on usage. I won't go beyond this for now,
Surely, it's the next level. GIS experts are highly needed every where in the world. GIS started in Canada in the 60s. But US is taking the lead presently, i think harvard has done a lot in the area of neo-classical GIS. It is becoming common place even in Nigeria.
GIS has a lot of usability. most importantly in data base ( physiographic and attribute ) creation and managment for spatial decision support,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2011
@nikeylee94 , of course u r allowed, just start studying for ur MCAT, Med skool exam,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2011
nikeylee94:

@cuddlemii amen oo
@ the ones already in canada,can i study medicine after my first degree becos i read that international students r nt allowed 2
There's no rule that prohibits you from studying medicine in Canada. However, there are very few medical schools across the country compared to applicants. So even some Canadians who want to study medicine end up going abroad. Truth is, it is very difficult for international students to get a spot unless your government has an agreement with the medical school or you bring something extra special, which are the undergrad level is a blur. What some int'l students do is do their undergrad in Canada and move to the US for their medical programs. The US has more medical schools and there is obviously less competition for spots.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
I am presently in Canada studying for 4yrs B.Sc programme, my question is can i apply for permanent residence under the High Skilled Experince Class, since i have about 8yrs experince working as a Nurse at home and abroad with my diploma from LUTH in Nigeria. My other concern is that the Quota for registred Nurse filled up now. Can i send an application using my previous experince? I need clarifications pls

@Sholay36:
There are different streams which you can apply. You may visit cic.gc.ca to familiarise yourself. I am unable to help you determine your best option since I do not know your background. What province are you based?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hey guys,

This thread is mainly based on the visa process but very little info is given on the universities out there,

I actually wanted to know where in Canada is there a high concentration of black people more specifically Nigerians I've always wanted to know this like you know in London - Peckham and Woolwich has the highest concentration of Nigerians LOL

I'm also a 2012 fall hopeful, looking to do Masters in finance or economics , which uni in Canada would you recommend i.e. location-wise, rankings, cost of living etc ??

pls reply thanks

In toronto, you find quite a number of Nigerians and other immigrants.

However, for whatever it's worth, looking for a place to settle or school where there's a high concentration of blacks or Nigerians is one big mistake alot of Nigerians/Africans/immigrants make. Nothing wrong with mixing with your own but you should always look to step outside your comfort zone and make strides. Truth is, the Nigerian communities abroad (in most countries I have visited) are not established enough to give you an advantage in your career unlike some other communities. This is just my opinion and you take it with a pinch a salt.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2011
@Delta007: Pls can canadian visitor visa be converted to a study permit or probably extend the visitor visa while in canada, ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Aiwehia: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2011
Hi peeps, i'm new here, i find your topic and reply quite educating. Pls i submitted my application for study permit on Aug, 24 or thereabout. I haven't heard from CDHC since then. I am to resume in Jan 2012. Anyone with similar experience? Pls help!
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
Aiwehia:

Hi peeps, i'm new here, i find your topic and reply quite educating. Pls i submitted my application for study permit on Aug, 24 or thereabout. I haven't heard from CDHC since then. I am to resume in Jan 2012. Anyone with similar experience? Pls help!
Aiwehia:

U will be contacted, i am in the same stage as well just keep praying and be positive all will be well, Any update on January admission would be updated here, Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by Aiwehia: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Cycline 404
thanks for your response. when did you submit urs?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
ghany 01:

@Delta007: Pls can canadian visitor visa be converted to a study permit or probably extend the visitor visa while in canada, ?
Yes to both.

To convert ro a study permit, you have to apply to the nearest consulate (Buffalo) with an admission letter, proof of funds, etc. You'd be asked to undergo medicals and if all clear, you'd have to go to the nearest border to get the permit.

To extend a visitor's visa, you'd apply to vegreville, AB and you have to state why you are extending. You also have to prove that you actually did (or currently doing) what you came in for.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
Delta007:

Yes to both.

To convert ro a study permit, you have to apply to the nearest consulate (Buffalo) with an admission letter, proof of funds, etc. You'd be asked to undergo medicals and if all clear, you'd have to go to the nearest border to get the permit.

To extend a visitor's visa, you'd apply to vegreville, AB and you have to state why you are extending. You also have to prove that you actually did (or currently doing) what you came in for.

Thank you million times Delta007, May God easy your tasks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2011
Aiwehia:

@Cycline 404
thanks for your response. when did you submit urs?

22nd Sept. Was returned to me back on 27th due to the fact that i do not make copy of my data page, I return it on same day, Till now still hopeful, When exactly is ur start date,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Aiwehia: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
I'm to resume on 4th Jan, 2012. I can't recall if i photocopied my data page either. i doubt if i did.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Laajman(m): 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Delta007:

If you're looking at a Masters in Finance/Economics, I'd suggest:
- U of Toronto's Master of Financial Economics; and Master of Mathematical Finance. The Masters of Finance @ Rotman, UofT, is pretty expensive and most competitive. Depending on your exp, you may stand a chance.
- Queen's Business School- Master of Finance - based in Toronto
- Wilfried Laurier - Master of Finance - also based in Toronto.

You'd have to check their respective website for details.

Keep me in the loop/questions - Laajman@yahoo.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada by sparkles1(f): 7:17am On Oct 18, 2011
Hello house,please i'll like to know if there is any Nairalander that got admission into SAIT without writing TOEFL,urgent response please. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by tolyem(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2011
@All,

So far, I think the list of January 2012 hopeful should be:- Tolyem, Cycline404, Aiwehia, Johnnie, Femdot and Snuteria, please let get more registered N/Landers who had submitted there applications for the January 2012 session (It seems very few pple applied for this session, unlike fall session).

Remember it is one mind, one goal
Re: Travelling To Canada by Aiwehia: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2011
@Tolyem, thanks.
@All, is there anyone out there who submitted around 20 August, that have been contact for lets say medical? i learn't medical take up to one month, abi?
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2011
tolyem:

@All,

So far, I think the list of January 2012 hopeful should be:- Tolyem, Cycline404, Aiwehia, Johnnie, Femdot and Snuteria, please let get more registered N/Landers who had submitted there applications for the January 2012 session (It seems very few pple applied for this session, unlike fall session).

Remember it is one mind, one goal

and also Dare14's brother is January applicant as well, See u all soon in Canada,
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
@tolyem
i am among the january hopeful oooo.i think will should be expecting medical call-up ending of this and early next month.In God we trust.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.