Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. (8810 Views)

Davido Sad Over "Mama Davido Restaurant & Bar" (photo) / Move Over Kim Kardashian, 17 Year Old Kylie Jenner Steps Out In See Through Legg / It’s Over . . . Kim Kardashian LEAVES Kanye West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by DCONE1(m): 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
@fellis you nor get work,you just come to nairaland to argue so that you would be praised,why dont you go out there and carry a ply card and protest and see if anybody would send you.
....you cant change anything,had it been God want the woman to be the head he would have created the woman first....(i sorry for the man wey go marry you)

And for@Chukkywob i guess you have used your aguement against men to woo @fellis and she has fallen for you....why dont you guys get together and marry each other...lets see who will bear who's surename....laugh haha loool..cheesy......
I guess cukkywob name would be Chukkywob Fellis...looool.....
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by anonymoux: 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
@fellis

Firstly, I'm glad you are not getting any angry. You talked about me not bringing animals into the matter but you are doing exactly same thing, is that not like being an 'hypocrite'. Anyways ignore my last word before the full stop.

I was not trying to compare us to animals, I was actually judging from God's own point of view(i believe). Also, if you want to say being superior is judge base on 'wisdom', as against strength then you sure will agree with me men are more likely, wiser than women. I will not compare, but you just judge from your society.

I sure know you will argue with me that maybe women are wiser right? Okay, I will give that credit to you in advance. So lets both say women are wiser than men - Agreed. Now, I notice just about 99.99999% of women worldwide give up their father's name when getting married or at least, they submit to their husband and adopt his own father's name after marriage, so therefore, I believe it is a very wise thing.

So, in another light, I will say, more than 4 billion wise women worldwide will do this and who are you then to say it is a wrong thing to do? So I want to believe it will be safe to say anybody who refuses these fact, should be considered as a less intelligent being - so I understand dearie... And mind you, do you know what a strand of hair will look in in the mist of over 4 billion hairs packed together LOL, your guess is as good as mine... 'NON EXISTENCE!!!' So dearie, whatever you thinks or believes doesn't count even among your fellow women. Those pushing you, will have no problem giving up their own fathers name after all it is just a name for Christ sake!!....

If you say both man and women are both equal, I still agree with you, and my above statement still answers it. If you say men are more superior beings i still agree with you, and my above statement still answers you. Just change women to men and that's all.

Furthermore, I agree with you completely that marriage is like an institution. I know it is also all about co-operation, yes I agree, but I also want you to know that there are basics that must not be altered. Both men and women are both equal, but the basic is that the woman must submit to the man. It is not even about who provides for the home. Even the woman is a rich as bill gates, it is a must that the woman submits to the man, for peace to reign. Something I like about women is that, it is already in their nature to submit to a man. Most women I've met want to be 'control' (not like enslaved o) I mean they want to call their man 'Oga' or whatever, they want to have the feeling that they have someone in their life that is 'bigger'. And men on the other hand, want to have someone they can 'control'. As in, they can tell to do this and the person will obey. Not someone who will tell you, "y u no do am by yourself" when you ask her to do something.

So that is that for you. Even America today is not run by two part, but one. And Obama have a vice. It doesn't change anything at all, but that is the only way forward if you ask me. And like I said earlier, a woman not submitting to her husband is a sure way to a fail marriage quote me. Now i understand that there are exception. Like in cases when the woman is already famous, like Beyonce Knowles. Not like these women are not ready to lay low, but their carrier demands that they keep such names because changing it, is like start all over again. So for the average woman who says she cannot leave her name is planning for a fail marriage already....

Despite the co-operation needed in marriage, one party just have to lay low, be it the man or the woman. But it just have to be the woman for reason stated above

1 Like

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
remecy:

Am a woman point of correction, been reading ur comments. I think ur points will hold water if u say women shud nt give up their father's name after marriage. Because i have been researching n discovered that those women who either added their father's name to their husband or did not at all are vast n more read than you. But nonetheless, you can break the gen by been the 1st strong woman to make her husband change his name and bear your. And believe me you will gain international audience n be sort after by press n maybe get d GUINNESS WORLD RECORD
talking in my moms voice,i will adress this.the reason why i sent ou to school is to upgrade,refine and enhance your thinking faculties and make you ask why is this so when you see a trend and not just take everything hook line and sinker.only bimbos,toys with batteries and illiterate women do that.you see this issue of change of name is an individual choice.that some women chose to follow that trend is absolutly their choice,however if you notice,you will find out that highly educated and successful women either do not change their maiden names or add their husband's surname to their names because their name sells,calls for respect or attention or the name is famous for a particular brand,buisness etc.so to completly abandon their maiden name and accept their husbands name at the expense of their success will seem unreasonable to them and then in a case where their husband is not so pleased with the decision of still holding on to your maiden name,they can agree to reach a compromise by adding the husband's surname to their maiden name.moreover if there is mutual love and respect for each other,unproductive and myopic culture will not be a basis for hulabaloo.i have seen many women who refused to change their maiden name and snow did not fall in nigeria,so whats the koko sef.abeg you guys should cut the crap joor.tufiaaaa

1 Like

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
anonymoux: @fellis

Firstly, I'm glad you are not getting any angry. You talked about me not bringing animals into the matter but you are doing exactly same thing, is that not like being an 'hypocrite'. Anyways ignore my last word before the full stop.

I was not trying to compare us to animals, I was actually judging from God's own point of view(i believe). Also, if you want to say being superior is judge base on 'wisdom', as against strength then you sure will agree with me men are more likely, wiser than women. I will not compare, but you just judge from your society.

I sure know you will argue with me that maybe women are wiser right? Okay, I will give that credit to you in advance. So lets both say women are wiser than men - Agreed. Now, I notice just about 99.99999% of women worldwide give up their father's name when getting married or at least, they submit to their husband and adopt his own father's name after marriage, so therefore, I believe it is a very wise thing.

So, in another light, I will say, more than 4 billion wise women worldwide will do this and who are you then to say it is a wrong thing to do? So I want to believe it will be safe to say anybody who refuses these fact, should be considered as a less intelligent being - so I understand dearie... And mind you, do you know what a strand of hair will look in in the mist of over 4 billion hairs packed together LOL, your guess is as good as mine... 'NON EXISTENCE!!!' So dearie, whatever you thinks or believes doesn't count even among your fellow women. Those pushing you, will have no problem giving up their own fathers name after all it is just a name for Christ sake!!....

If you say both man and women are both equal, I still agree with you, and my above statement still answers it. If you say men are more superior beings i still agree with you, and my above statement still answers you. Just change women to men and that's all.

Furthermore, I agree with you completely that marriage is like an institution. I know it is also all about co-operation, yes I agree, but I also want you to know that there are basics that must not be altered. Both men and women are both equal, but the basic is that the woman must submit to the man. It is not even about who provides for the home. Even the woman is a rich as bill gates, it is a must that the woman submits to the man, for peace to reign. Something I like about women is that, it is already in their nature to submit to a man. Most women I've met want to be 'control' (not like enslaved o) I mean they want to call their man 'Oga' or whatever, they want to have the feeling that they have someone in their life that is 'bigger'. And men on the other hand, want to have someone they can 'control'. As in, they can tell to do this and the person will obey. Not someone who will tell you, "y u no do am by yourself" when you ask her to do something.

So that is that for you. Even America today is not run by two part, but one. And Obama have a vice. It doesn't change anything at all, but that is the only way forward if you ask me. And like I said earlier, a woman not submitting to her husband is a sure way to a fail marriage quote me. Now i understand that there are exception. Like in cases when the woman is already famous, like Beyonce Knowles. Not like these women are not ready to lay low, but their carrier demands that they keep such names because changing it, is like start all over again. So for the average woman who says she cannot leave her name is planning for a fail marriage already....

Despite the co-operation needed in marriage, one party just have to lay low, be it the man or the woman. But it just have to be the woman for reason stated above
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
anonymoux: @fellis

for the records,there are many successful,influential and highly placed nigerian and non nigerian women that still bear their maiden name,many,so theres nothing like non existent,go and check or research on it
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by chukkynwob(m): 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
DC-ONE:
@fellis you nor get work,you just come to nairaland to argue so that you would be praised,why dont you go out there and carry a ply card and protest and see if anybody would send you.
....you cant change anything,had it been God want the woman to be the head he would have created the woman first....(i sorry for the man wey go marry you)

And for@Chukkywob i guess you have used your aguement against men to woo @fellis and she has fallen for you....why dont you guys get together and marry each other...lets see who will bear who's surename....laugh haha loool..cheesy......

Hahahahahaha, Another unintelligent assumption!

2 Likes

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by anonymoux: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
kulyie: for the records,there are many successful,influential and highly placed nigerian and non nigerian women that still bear their maiden name,many,so theres nothing like non existent,go and check or research on it

I want to believe your own problem is lack of understanding.
I never said holding unto their father's names does not exist(abeg read again) it does not exist.
what I said is non existence is that her opinion that both the man or the woman can give up their names.
now my mean it does not exist is that, compared to the over 4billion women and over 3billion men who already thinks otherwise... Her opinion doesn't counts.... period!!!!

by the way I can see more clearly why your mom always say that to you - na joke oo!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
@Felis...,
With regards to the topic at hand, i guess the man pays the bride price and the daughter is handed over to the groom by the bride's parents. This means that she aint under her parents jurisdiction anymore but her husband's and should adopt her spouse's surname.
I tire of shallow statements like this. I really do.
Ok.
You mentioned that the bride price is paid by the husband and then the wife is handed over to the groom abi?
Paying bride price is not part of the christian religion, it is nowhere in the bible. It is part of traditional religion so if you are a Christian, you have no right to defend your ways of life or choices you make in life by linking them to traditional religious practices. What I saying is that you as a Christian should not even be talking about or supporting bride price payment since it was a tradition that was started by traditional religions and not Christianity. You cannot be a Christian and a traditionalist at the same time. If you are a Christian, then you will have to discard all traditional religious practices such as paying of bride price, otherwise you would be mixing worship of the Christian God with worship of traditional gods. Don't use paying of bride price to buttress your point unless you are not a Christian. Also, paying of bride price is a barbaric thing that should be abolished since it is a custom that makes it seem like a woman is merely property that can be bought and discarded. Human life has no monetary value. Paying bride price for women indicates that the women are only worth as much as the sum of their bride price.
No right thinking adult would support the buying or selling of human beings in the name of paying bride price. It is akin to buying and selling human beings that is done with slaves.
Methinks if you really deep down love your husband and accept his authority as head of the house and his wife, you should accept his surname. It kinda promotes a kinship and sense of one family cos two distinct surnames....aargh!..it gives me the feeling that all aint well with the couple despite the cheery smiles and what-nots. Besides, it gives the impression that the wife's too pompous and doesnt show obeiscance to the husband.
Hey! I aint married o. I'm just rambling. Thats all. Lol!
All this is nothing but your opinion that you have been conditioned to have due to the fact that you live in a society where women bear their husbands' names. In Muslim countries where women retain their father's names, the women are even more subservient and submissive to their husbands than in western countries where women bear their husbands names. In Muslim countries, a woman is not even allowed to step out of her husband's house without his permission and yet the women in these countries women do not bear their husband's names.
Bearing the man's name is not an indication of a woman accepting a man's authority or of everything being well with the family. Your conditioning has led you to have this erroneous belief.

2 Likes

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
To be honest, I don't even like getting praised. I am not comfortable with it, but when somebody compliments me, I do the gracious thing and thank them.
I am not arguing because I want praise, I just want to do the little I can to put an end to the objectification and dehumanization of women that is so rampant in our society today.
Animals were created before women according to the Bible. Does this mean that the pet dog is supposed to be the head of the woman in families that have dogs as pets?
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
@fellis
@bold, why should I ignore it? are you scared? lol.
Anyways let me explain the reason why I brought animals into the argument after asking you not to do so, since context is something that is a bit difficult for you to understand.
You were talking about heir achy among humans and using the way lions live to explain your point that the strong is supposed to dominate the weak. Your argument made it seem like human beings are meant to look at the way animals live in order to know how they should live their lives. If we decide to look at animals to know how to live, we might as well look at as many animals as possible. We can look at animals like the monkeys that fling their excreta at each other when they are in dispute, or animals like the snakes that swallows food without chewing, or animals like the penguins, where the male penguin is the parent that incubates the eggs and takes care of the young instead of the female penguin. We can also take these animals into consideration if we decide to use animals as models of behavior. Why did you leave these animals and choose the lion? Because the ways of the lion would have helped your argument not so?
You have to be reasonable when you want to do something like that. When you decide to determine what is wrong or right for humans by looking at the way animals behave, you cannot just pick out one animal because it favors your point. You have to look at the whole entire animal kingdom and doing that would only render your argument worthless and insensible, that was why I asked you to not bring animals into your argument.

There are essentially no disparities in general intelligence between the sexes, although there are differences in brain areas where males and females manifest their intelligence. There was actually a research conducted recently, where women scored higher than men in IQ tests.
Men and women are equally smart, it seems you spend a lot of time with plenty of unintelligent women.
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
@bold. That is a lie from the pit of hell grin grin grin
Many women worldwide DO NOT bear their husbands' names after marriage.
1. In Argentina, Women do not change their family names upon marriage and continue to use their birth family names instead of their husband's family names.
2. In Iceland, most people have no family name; a person's last name is most commonly a patronymic, i.e. derived from the father's first name. The name is not changed upon marriage.
3. In Cuba and in Nicaragua, both men and women carry their two family names (first their father's, and second their mother's). Both are equally important and are mandatory for any official document. Married women never change their original family names for their husband's. Even when they migrate to other countries where this is a common practice, many prefer to adhere to their heritage and keep their maiden name.
4. In most Arabic-speaking countries, women keep their full birth and family names and do not change their family names to their husbands' family names. This is also common practice for Muslim women around the world, except for South Asian Muslim women, who take a double name or adopt their husband's.
5. In Belgium, a woman must use her birth name for official purposes and will use her birth name for most private purposes too.
6. Women retain their maiden name after marriage in Cambodia.
And so on and so forth. source of the above information is here

1 Like

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
Even if one billion people are doing something wrong, that thing will always remain wrong. the number of people doing something is not what determines the correctness of that thing. Look at the world today, are fornicators/adulterers, liars and thieves not more than the 4 billion you mentioned? Does that make fornicating and lying and stealing correct?
Women bearing their husbands' names is a tradition that arose from the sexist notion that a father owns his daughter until she gets married, at which point the husband owns her from then on. That is where the tradition of changing name after marriage arose from. it has its roots in the idea that women give up their rights to own property and exist as a separate entity from their husbands when they marry.
No human being can own another human being, you cannot create life so you have no right to claim that life belongs to you so that tradition was very faulty and deserves to be abolished.. Besides, saying you own another human being is similar to saying that they are your slave.

Furthermore, I agree with you completely that marriage is like an institution. I know it is also all about co-operation, yes I agree, but I also want you to know that there are basics that must not be altered. Both men and women are both equal, but the basic is that the woman must submit to the man. It is not even about who provides for the home. Even the woman is a rich as bill gates, it is a must that the woman submits to the man, for peace to reign.
You want to bring the Bible into this abi?
Ok let's bring the Bible into this.
Below is the verse in the Bible about submission;
Colossians
3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
Take note of the verse that follows it that talks about the husband loving his wife. Now what is the definition of 'love' in the Bible?
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong; but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things hopes all things, endures all things.
Did you see the explanation of 'love' in the verse above? If a man is to love his wife then he MUST follow the definition of love put forward by the Bible and that means that
1.he must be patient and kind to her,
2.he must not be jealous or boastful with her, he must not be arrogant or rude to her,
3. he must not insist on his own way with her (O my goodness, this is my favorite part to quote to all those control-freak chauvinists grin)
4.He must bear all things, believe all things, hope on all things and endure everything that has to do with her.

So technically, in an ideal Christian marriage, a man should let his wife have her way and not insist on his own way with her, meaning that women are not even required to submit to their husbands in the end.

1 Like

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
Something I like about women is that, it is already in their nature to submit to a man. Most women I've met want to be 'control' (not like enslaved o) I mean they want to call their man 'Oga' or whatever, they want to have the feeling that they have someone in their life that is 'bigger'. And men on the other hand, want to have someone they can 'control'. As in, they can tell to do this and the person will obey. Not someone who will tell you, "y u no do am by yourself" when you ask her to do something.
This is nothing but conditioning. Many women in Africa are conditioned to believe that they are inferior to men so they act that way. Go and read up on conditioning.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I separated the replies @anonymoux, because my response was very lengthy and submitting everything at once is likely to earn me a ban from pyguru and having my post hidden and i didn't want that to happen. It is essential that you read my post and know the truth.
It is very essential.
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by remecy(f): 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
Fellis, you know what? Why don't you do the right thing and prove we ladies wrong by changing the unchangeable get married and let your husband bear your name, whoknows you might get an international recognition. Because to me there is no sense in ur pointless points.
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
remecy: Fellis, you know what? Why don't you do the right thing and prove we ladies wrong by changing the unchangeable get married and let your husband bear your name, whoknows you might get an international recognition. Because to me there is no sense in ur pointless points.
Abeg comot for here.
You just keep repeating the same thing in your posts. mscheew

1 Like

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by remecy(f): 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
fellis:
Abeg comot for here.
You just keep repeating the same thing in your posts. mscheew

then do what no lady has done and stop confusing yourself
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
remecy:

then do what no lady has done and stop confusing yourself

I noticed that you did not address the points I made in my last post to you. Why don't you go back to that post and prove that the things I wrote are incorrect?
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by remecy(f): 10:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
kulyie: talking in my moms voice,i will adress this.the reason why i sent ou to school is to upgrade,refine and enhance your thinking faculties and make you ask why is this so when you see a trend and not just take everything hook line and sinker.only bimbos,toys with batteries and illiterate women do that.you see this issue of change of name is an individual choice.that some women chose to follow that trend is absolutly their choice,however if you notice,you will find out that highly educated and successful women either do not change their maiden names or add their husband's surname to their names because their name sells,calls for respect or attention or the name is famous for a particular brand,buisness etc.so to completly abandon their maiden name and accept their husbands name at the expense of their success will seem unreasonable to them and then in a case where their husband is not so pleased with the decision of still holding on to your maiden name,they can agree to reach a compromise by adding the husband's surname to their maiden name.moreover if there is mutual love and respect for each other,unproductive and myopic culture will not be a basis for hulabaloo.i have seen many women who refused to change their maiden name and snow did not fall in nigeria,so whats the koko sef.abeg you guys should cut the crap joor.tufiaaaa

in consent. But d ideal of saying becos the name have acquired alot of influence and fame then the man should bear the name is awkward.
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by remecy(f): 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
fellis:

I noticed that you did not address the points I made in my last post to you. Why don't you go back to that post and prove that the things I wrote are incorrect?

I don't need to our argument is on the main topic. That is what we re dealing with not subs.
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
remecy:

I don't did to our argument is on the main topic. That is what we re dealing with not subs.
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
remecy:

I don't need to our argument is on the main topic. That is what we re dealing with not subs.
Oh, so now you realize that we are dealing with the main topic?
Why then do you keep asking me to tell my husband to bear my name? Is that the main topic? angry

Geez, these people.

1 Like

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by DCONE1(m): 10:29am On Feb 12, 2013
remecy: Fellis, you know what? Why don't you do the right thing and prove we ladies wrong by changing the unchangeable get married and let your husband bear your name, whoknows you might get an international recognition. Because to me there is no sense in ur pointless points.

GOD BLESS YOU A MILLION TIMES.
@fellis go and get marrieid and lets see if you would end up bearing your husbands name or your husband would bear your name.....SO CUT THE CRAPP AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.!!!
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
DC-ONE:

GOD BLESS YOU A MILLION TIMES.
@fellis go and get marrieid and lets see if you would end up bearing your husbands name or your husband would bear your name.....SO CUT THE CRAPP AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.!!!
I am not saying men should bear women's names, if you stop letting emotions cloud your reasoning you would see that.
I am not saying women should bear men's names instead. The fact of the matter is that if bearing of names is so important then I am sure you would find it in a religious book, either the Bible or the Qur'an, but it is not in any of these books so why are we making it compulsory for ourselves? Even you, DC-ONE, I assume you are a Muslim. Your religion forbids a woman from bearing her husband's name. There is no gray or obscure area about it.
Go and research and find out the origin of women bearing their husbands' names. It started in era when women were regarded as property that had no identity of their own so they bore the names of whatever man they lived with. We have moved past that time, women are no longer regarded as mere possesions and there is not even a law written anywhere making the change of name compulsory.
You men are arguing for change of maiden name because you cannot bear the thought that women are not your property or footmat.

1 Like

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
anonymoux:

I want to believe your own problem is lack of understanding.
I never said holding unto their father's names does not exist(abeg read again) it does not exist.
what I said is non existence is that her opinion that both the man or the woman can give up their names.
now my mean it does not exist is that, compared to the over 4billion women and over 3billion men who already thinks otherwise... Her opinion doesn't counts.... period!!!!

by the way I can see more clearly why your mom always say that to you - na joke oo!!!! grin grin grin grin
what is this one saying.she says that to anybody so what are you about.mshewww
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2013
Hehehe grin

Good times.....good times...
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by bukatyne(f): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
fellis:

Commot that woman picture wey dey your profile. It is wrong to deceive people that you are a woman when you are actually a man.

Hi Fellis,

I might not agree with your points but gal, you debate with logic and not emotions!

Go gal! kiss
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
DC-ONE:
@fellis now i see the level of your I.Q...lol....damn you are soo retarded...lwkmd....you need to have you cranium checked...arguing with you is just a waste of time...i dont know what men have done to you in you life maybe your boyfriend or your husband..(dats if you have one)....if i were you i would let it go and get the load out of my chest...lol...by the way if you dont know,man was created from dust and a woman was created from the rib of a man (Adam) in the Garden of Eden while he was sleeping...im not saying that women are not very important but the natural law is that the male folks would always be the head..there is nothing you can do about it...either you take it or not...you cant change it....lol........YOU HAVE NOT STILL ANSWER MY 3rd QUESTION,IF YOU DONT I WONT REPLY ANY OF YOUR COMMENT....angry feminist...lol...go change yourself...cheesy..i laugh outt...peace out loser....Lol

Mr DC-ONE,

Saying male folks will always be the head is not correct. A man is only the head in his home and what that means is another topic entirely. Infact, you are the one that actually sounds bitter because she doesn't share your view. If you think creating a woman from the rib of a man makes him superior, then you must think the dust is superior to man.

1 Like

Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by bukatyne(f): 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Midastorch:

That girl is not worth the arguement brov.you don't need to knw some people before you knw the kinda family they cm frm.A family where the Mum competes with the dad.even tells the dad to shutup and he does.

You have concluded that fellis' mum competes with her dad because she doesn't believe a woman should change her name after marriage?

You must be a seer
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
bukatyne:
You have concluded that fellis' mum competes with her dad because she doesn't believe a woman should change her name after marriage?
You must be a seer

Don't mind all these people. When they have nothing to say they start insulting the person they are talking to.

bukatyne:
Hi Fellis,
I might not agree with your points but gal, you debate with logic and not emotions!
Go gal! kiss

Thanks love, I'm flattered kiss
So which of my points do you not agree with and why don't you agree with them?
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by bukatyne(f): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
anonymoux: @ fellis,

No need to fight, and for the record, let me answer your question directly,
Yes, men are so superior to women and that is a fact. Apart from the fact that men are stronger,
smarter, faster, and even bigger.
men have also been blessed by God and his son and only child himself. So it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...

The fact that God is a male and that he has only one child and that child is also a male, is enough reason that male will forever rule....

No fighting... By the way, look everywhere around you.... Even the men are generally more accepted even by your fellow female folk that they(female) accept themselves...

Nevertheless, I think women on the other hand are catching up...

Like I always say, I have no problem with people's opinions...

I care when they begin to use the Bible to back them up.

No where in the Bible did God even hint that a man was superior to a woman. As for been smarter, I don't know if you did a census to determine that. The Bible says that 'let us create man in our image...' male and female He created them.

Man is the generic name for the human race. God created males and females in His image so dude, God is not a 'male' per se.
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by bukatyne(f): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
fellis:

Don't mind all these people. When they have nothing to say they start insulting the person they are talking to.

Thanks love, I'm flattered kiss
So which of my points do you not agree with and why don't you agree with them?

U are welcome...

From the Biblical view, a man gives a woman his name as a symbol of his love. I am not saying it's compulsory to change your surname as a woman. Infact, it's not mentioned in the Bible like you rightly said. I am just using Jonathan giving David his sword at al as a type of a man giving his wife his name.
Re: Last Name Drama: Kanye Sad Over Kim K's Refusal To Change Her Last Name. by bukatyne(f): 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
DC-ONE:
....you cant change anything,had it been God want the woman to be the head he would have created the woman first....(i sorry for the man wey go marry you

Why can't you learn to leave people with their views?
I guess the animals should be the head then considering the hierarchy of creation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dike's Advise To People Who Want To Be In The Entertainment Industry / Check Out Davido's New Gold Slippers / Amber Rose Drops Another Topless Bikini Display In New Photo...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.