Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

666 On Tax Form Makes Man Quit Job To Save Soul - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 666 On Tax Form Makes Man Quit Job To Save Soul (996 Views)

666 On Tax Form Makes Man To Quit Job To Save his Soul / 666 Stamped On Tax Form Prompts Man To Quit Job / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

666 On Tax Form Makes Man Quit Job To Save Soul by SisiKill1: 11:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
Man Quits Job After Getting W-2 with '666' on it

A Tennessee maintenance worker has quit his job after discovering the number "666" printed on his W-2 tax form.

The man, Walter Slonopas, a 52-year-old born-again Christian, told The Tennessean that God was worth more than money.

The number 666 is commonly referred to as the number of the beast and is often associated with the devil. (The number played a pivotal role in the classic horror movie "The Omen." ) Revelation 13:18 in the New Testament says, "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

This wasn't the first time that Slonopas had a work-related run-in with the notorious number. When he first began his job in 2011, he said, he was accidentally assigned the number 666 to be used when he clocked in. His number was later changed to 668.

However, a few months later, when the company updated its clock-in system, Slonopas was again assigned the number 666. He quit, but returned to work after being given yet another new number.

The Tennessean spoke with Bob LaCourciere, vice president of sales and marketing for the Revstone Corp., Slonopas' former company, about the W-2 form. He explained that the number referred to the order in which the tax documents were mailed.

Slonopas, who calls the situation "unbelievable," is seeking a new W-2 with a different number on it. He says that he can't file his taxes without one.

SOURCE
Re: 666 On Tax Form Makes Man Quit Job To Save Soul by SisiKill1: 11:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
666 on tax form makes man quit job to save soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VwJMo8sBBU

Question - Why is that it's always the low income earning Christians who can't afford to do stuff like these...I mean the quitting the jobs, the giving all their money to church, selling their cars etc, who do it?

That's always stumped me. . .you never hear of a CEO selling his property or some multi-millionaire quitting everything for the church. Why is that?!!

Oh please don't come and quote the whole it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God because I'll just counter it with list of rich people in the Bible who were close to God's heart or even use your papas and daddies as example. . .so let us not even go there.

So what is the reason? I'd really love to read from Pastor Joe Especially!!
Re: 666 On Tax Form Makes Man Quit Job To Save Soul by moredendisc: 12:18am On Feb 08, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

666 on tax form makes man quit job to save soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VwJMo8sBBU

Question - Why is that it's always the low income earning Christians who can't afford to do stuff like these...I mean the quitting the jobs, the giving all their money to church, selling their cars etc, who do it?

That's always stumped me. . .you never hear of a CEO selling his property or some multi-millionaire quitting everything for the church. Why is that?!!

Oh please don't come and quote the whole it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God because I'll just counter it with list of rich people in the Bible who were close to God's heart or even use your papas and daddies as example. . .so let us not even go there.

So what is the reason? I'd really love to read from Pastor Joe Especially!!

@Sisi_Kill

Some have figured out that there are richer experiences than the life's luxuries that wealth provides

and so do not necessarily want to be rich on this side of eternity

# Though slightly OTT with the 666 fixation, still I suppose, faith pass faith. There are big faith, small faith etc etc

# Millionaire gives away fortune that made him miserable
# Austrian millionaire Karl Rabeder is giving away every penny of his £3 million fortune after realising his riches were making him unhappy.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/austria/7190750/Millionaire-gives-away-fortune-that-made-him-miserable.html
Re: 666 On Tax Form Makes Man Quit Job To Save Soul by advocate666: 10:45am On Feb 08, 2013
The man is a marked man. 666 is his number. He cannot run away from it. It will follow him around whatever he does, wherever he goes.
Re: 666 On Tax Form Makes Man Quit Job To Save Soul by SisiKill1: 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
moredendisc:

@Sisi_Kill

Some have figured out that there are richer experiences than the life's luxuries that wealth provides

and so do not necessarily want to be rich on this side of eternity

# Though slightly OTT with the 666 fixation, still I suppose, faith pass faith. There are big faith, small faith etc etc

# Millionaire gives away fortune that made him miserable
# Austrian millionaire Karl Rabeder is giving away every penny of his £3 million fortune after realising his riches were making him unhappy.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/austria/7190750/Millionaire-gives-away-fortune-that-made-him-miserable.html

I like that!! Brings up a whole new topic. . .prosperity preaching and all but I suppose that will be a sensitive subject to bring up in this section.

advocate666: The man is a marked man. 666 is his number. He cannot run away from it. It will follow him around whatever he does, wherever he goes.

Rotflmoa!!!

Y'all have mercy on him naa. . .dude quit his job oh!! cry

(1) (Reply)

Story Of A Muslim Who Come Face To Face With Jesus Christ / Book Review And Daily Excerpts from 50 Years As A Priest Of Rome. / Knowledge Of Good And Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.