Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Cheating In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cheating In Relationships (717 Views)

Does Cheating In A Relationship Only Apply To Sex? / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheating In Relationships by xtgozie(m): 12:57am On Feb 08, 2013
Relationship cheating is a very common occurrence. If you haven’t experienced it yet, there’s a good chance you eventually will. In this article we’ll explore how often cheating occurs, how to define cheating, signs of cheating, and how to deal with it.
Although I personally prefer non-monogamy, I opted to write this article using a monogamous perspective since that seems to be the more popular relationship paradigm. Given the frequency of cheating in monogamous relationships, it would appear that true monogamy isn’t as common as people would have each other believe.
Frequency of Cheating
I found it difficult to track down good cheating statistics. This seems to be partly because people have a hard time being completely honest, even when surveyed in ways that safeguard their anonymity. There’s still some shame and guilt associated with admitting the truth, even in private. So instead of sharing a bunch of detailed stats that might be wrong, I’ll simply share the big picture elements.
Slightly more than half of all married people will cheat on their spouses at some point in their lives. Men apparently cheat more often than women, but the gap isn’t huge.
Most of the time cheating does occur, the other spouse doesn’t know about it, with women being in the dark slightly more often than men.
That’s if you’re married. If you’re in a committed relationship but aren’t married, then I’d imagine that the odds of cheating are even higher. Partly I say that because cheating is more common when you’re younger and becomes less likely as you age.
The big game-changer here is the Internet, which makes even 10-year old stats seem very dated now. Recents surveys suggest thatmost people have flirted online at one point or another, that when people spend time in chat rooms they’re usually motivated by romantic or sexual interest, and that about a third of adults have had real sex as a result ofa connection that began online.
In the USA alone, tens of millions of people cheat on their primary relationship partners. Cheating is very, very common. Most of the time when people cheat, they hide it from their partners, and they usually succeed in........... Read on @ http://coolpenny./2013/02/06/cheating-in-relationships/[color=#000099][/color] shocked
Re: Cheating In Relationships by 190: 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
Cheating is very common here on nairaland too
How can a lady wake up in the morning log on nairaland and start
Flirting with acidios, oahray, mynd and red mosquito
When her real man is somewhere thinking bout life baffles me

1 Like

Re: Cheating In Relationships by Mynd44: 4:24am On Feb 09, 2013
^^
SMH
Re: Cheating In Relationships by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 09, 2013
Sometimes the cheater does not know he is the cheated.
Re: Cheating In Relationships by yeye4live(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2013
Aslong as ure nt maried, I se no reason cheatin in a relationship

(1) (Reply)

What Wld You Do ? / A Letter To "Foolish" Girls / What Is D Meaning & Activities Of Dating ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.