Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail (8925 Views)

Radio Biafra’s Nnamdi Kanu Granted Bail - Vanguard / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / Farouk, Emenalo Reject Prison Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by ajetunblog(m): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2013
An Abuja High Court has granted bail to the former Chairman of House of Representative Ad Hoc Committee on fuel subsidy payments, Justice Mudashiru Oniyangi, granted them bail Friday in the sum of N10 million each and two sureties each in like sum.

The Judge further directed them to submit their international passports with the court registrar, adding that they can only travel outside Nigeria with the permission of the court.

House of Representatives member, Farouk Lawan and Boniface Emenalo had been detained in prison Friday last week Over their involvement in the $620,000 bribe allegation.

The accused are being prosecuted by the Federal Government for collecting $620, 000 (N93 million) as bribe from business man, Femi Otedola, to remove his company, Zenon Oil, from the list of indicted companies.

The High Court Judge has fixed April 10 and 17 for hearing.

Source : http://ajetun..com/2013/02/farouk-lawan-boniface-emenalo-granted.html

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/119295-breaking-farouk-lawan-emenalo-granted-bail.html

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by ajetunblog(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2013
See corruption everywhere,am tired of this country ooo

1 Like

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Maxymilliano(m): 11:40am On Feb 08, 2013
ajetunblog: See corruption everywhere,am tired of this country ooo

Where is the corruption you see or are they not entitled to bail anymore

3 Likes

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by takedat(m): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2013
Case dismissed unofficially!!!

5 Likes

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by KingOmarion(m): 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
I was expecting this new since last monday now it has happened...SMH
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by gen2briz(m): 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
Money don change judgment

Anyway *continue with my roasted plantain*
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by jhydebaba(m): 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
Why now
Executive thieves in action cheesy
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by enemmo(f): 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
That's why he was sleeping last week abi?He knows "Notin dey happen"

2 Likes

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by tomakint: 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
This is nothing but the tenets of the rule of law at play that is; separation of powers and the independence of each arm of government, I just wish the Judiciary will step up their game, someone like this Facrook, deserves something more punitive!
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by cheddarking(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
Surely the bailiffs should be questioning how Farcrook could afford such a high Bail?
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by toluxa1(m): 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
What did you expect?

PS: anyway, I still believe this guy's issue is some big scam
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Ibangap(m): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
Failed nd corrupt judiciary! U arraigned som1 in court 4 d 1st time, nd adjourned d case 2 1week so u can grant dem bail, after d bail u adjourn d case till almost 2 months so u hav enough time 2 entertain bribery proposals from d criminals so as 2 manipulate d case. As far as i'm concerned dis case has been closed.

4 Likes

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by babseg(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
No wonder he was sleeping
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by outrage: 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
the guy should have been stripped of his attire na... theif na thief o
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by sheff(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
I still don't understand the why Femi Otedola has not been charged to court or is farouk the only one that is guilty of the bribery?

3 Likes

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
How i whish they could tell me what life in jail looks like
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by yomip3t(m): 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
Surest thing.
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by ceejay80s(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
If na poor man, dem go give am 10yrs imprison, dem wan chop insid the money, dats why dem give am bail of 10million, and i taught bail na free

1 Like

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
We read d handwritten on d wall b4 dis was made public. Furking nation
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Eneze1(f): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
was expecting this, no wonder he was sleeping in court
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by vizboy(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
naija na wa oh steal big money and you will granted bail . Steal 5 naira na 10years in prisonment
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
May they BURN!
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by BEDMON1900: 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nigeria Vs Corruption

1 Like

Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Asis(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
take dat: Case dismissed unofficially!!!
exactly
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by chuksme(m): 12:32pm On Feb 08, 2013
That is the end of the case. Someone stole N93M and being bailed with the sum of N10M. Nigerians when will this corruption ends. This is the highest encouragement to those that are willing to steal money in this country.
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Asis(m): 12:32pm On Feb 08, 2013
vizboy: naija na wa oh steal big money and you will granted bail . Steal 5 naira na 10years in prisonment
abi? terrible,up is down n down up..n yet we clap dem...
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Asis(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
chuksme: That is the end of the case. Someone stole N93M and being bailed with the sum of N10M. Nigerians when will this corruption ends. This is the highest encouragement to those that are willing to steal money in this country.
GBAM
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by alaoeri: 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
The most painful thing is upon all this abracadabra he 'll still contest for kano governorship post come 2015 naija what a country.
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by chucky234(m): 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Its a known tradition in Nigeria,you don't expect someone who received $620,000 to be convicted when a N23b pension fraudster was granted bail with fine.
The head(GEJ) is sick as well as the the tail (the entire judicial system,what a failed organ.
Re: Lawan & Boniface Emenalo Granted Bail by Owodiong(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Where is the corruption you see or are they not entitled to bail anymore
u ar right buh if nah poor man em go grant am bail lyk dt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olisa Methu Arrived In Court In Full Dead Body Arrangement. / See What Fulani Herdsmen Did To My Friend - So Shocking! (SEE PICTURES) / Uzor Kalu: I Have No Presidential Ambition For Now (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.