Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142499 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
You say giving is not a requirement (whatever that means), yet you do it or claim to. If we say tithing is not a requirement(whatever that means), you will INSIST don't do it. Double standard.

edited. Sorry I missed the second not.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
WinsomeX:
2 Corinthians 9:7 KJV: Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

ESV: Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

NIV: Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

AMP: Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving].

Hopefully, I believe that OLAADEGBU, from my previous discussion here has understood the distinction btw offerings as discussed in scripture and giving. To summarise, no one ever gave an offering in the NT. What they gave was a collection at best.

But since we have been reminded that the thread has more to say than just tithe and that we should also discuss giving, I have presented above a scripture by Paul that clearly tells us how the first century Christian gave. Bidam may read that scripture and help us find the "require" in it. He may even go further to find the "commandment" in it. Any careful reader wilk see that Paul tells us that NT giving shall be without compulsion. If a "require" or "commandment" does not imply compulsion, I request Bidam to tell us what else compulsion might mean.

The OT clearly showed that tithes and offering were requirements and commandments to be given under compulsion, else the Jews sinned. In the NT, all this change to free will giving. Free will means without compulsion. If we feel compelled at all to give, it is the love of God that compels us.

Hallelujah!
HAhahahahahaha, keep contradicting yourself, this is what you said earlier.
WinsomeX:

Christians are indeed commanded to give in scripture

When i showed you your folly, you decided to do damage control. Welldone you hear.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
MarkMiwerds:

This proves the care of the Apostles for preaching was not a command to the people. Had it been a command, Paul would have accepted it and not refused it as he did.

In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should earn their living by the gospel.

International Standard Version
In the same way, the Lord has ordered that those who proclaim the gospel should make their living from the gospel.

NET Bible
In the same way the [size=16pt]Lord commanded those who proclaim the gospel to receive their living by the gospel.
[/size]
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
In this way also our Lord commands that those who preach his Gospel shall live from his Gospel.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who spread the Good News should earn their living from the Good News.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by WinsomeX: 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
Mr Whatever-that-means, if you have ever written a vague text, this one will take number one. But let me assume I understand you.

Image123:
You say giving is not a requirement (whatever that means), yet you do it or claim to.

If I claim giving is not a requirement I mean this:

1. Giving is not compulsory.
2. Giving is not a prerequisite. If it is, that put an end to the grace concept in the NT.
3. Giving is not law.
4. But giving is fruit of Christian love and that is what compels. Not a requirement.

If you understand this, you will understand why I am at liberty to give or not.

Image123:
If we say tithing is a requirement(whatever that means), you will INSIST don't do it. Double standard.

Tithing is not a requirement in the NT. I cannot see a double standard there.

You may however shed more light on whatever-you-mean by double standard.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
Image123:
You say giving is not a requirement (whatever that means), yet you do it or claim to. If we say tithing is a requirement(whatever that means), you will INSIST don't do it. Double standard.
grin

REQUIRE IS A VERB in this case: to impose a compulsion or command on : compel
Re: Tithes And Offerings by WinsomeX: 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
Bidam:

In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should earn their living by the gospel.

International Standard Version
In the same way, the Lord has ordered that those who proclaim the gospel should make their living from the gospel.

NET Bible
In the same way the [size=16pt]Lord commanded those who proclaim the gospel to receive their living by the gospel.
[/size]
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
In this way also our Lord commands that those who preach his Gospel shall live from his Gospel.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who spread the Good News should earn their living from the Good News.

You are being dishonest when you quote a scripture like that to support a premise that giving is a COMMANDMENT in the NT in the manner in which you are teaching it: law or a requirement or compulsion. See:

Bidam:
grin

If that scripture is saying we are COMMANDED to give in that manner, where do we put a scripture like this one that clearly says that giving should be willing:

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Therefore to see giving in the overall light of the NT, including that scripture you have quoted, we must agree that Jesus commanded that ministers are to be supported by those who they minister to. Quite naturally, we won't expect the secular world to pay the ministers that preach to us. But even at that, ministers are supported by church finances that come from a pool of resources put together by the willing giving of members of the church. To interpret the 1Cor 9 scripture to mean bc ministers are to be paid therefore you must give o, is to do injustice to scriptures.

Now what did our Lord COMMAND? Look at it here:

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. 10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house. 10:8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

Read the whole scripture.

The Matthew scripture showed Jesus commanded his disciples. The Luke scripture showed how he instructed for them to provided for:

Verse 7: eat such things as they give.

Verse 8: eat such things as set before you.

In addition with his emphasis that freely you have received, freely you should give.

In these scripture Christ referred to the immediate need of his ministers: food. In the 1 Cor9 scripture this food can translate to money but in both of them we see how the provision should come: free will - such things as they give; such things as they set before you. Freely you give.

Bidam, there is nowhere in the bible Jesus commanded a tithe to be given to his NT ministers. And even when he commanded for their provision, the context obviously speaks of free will. So understand now what I meant when I said God commanded us to give... This is what he commanded: free will giving.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
WinsomeX:
Mr Whatever-that-means, if you have ever written a vague text, this one will take number one. But let me assume I understand you.

If I claim giving is not a requirement I mean this:

1. Giving is not compulsory.
2. Giving is not a prerequisite. If it is, that put an end to the grace concept in the NT.
3. Giving is not law.
4. But giving is fruit of Christian love and that is what compels. Not a requirement.

If you understand this, you will understand why I am at liberty to give or not.

Tithing is not a requirement in the NT. I cannot see a double standard there.

You may however shed more light on whatever-you-mean by double standard.

I edited the post just now.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by WinsomeX: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2014
Image123:
You say giving is not a requirement (whatever that means), yet you do it or claim to. If we say tithing is not a requirement(whatever that means), you will INSIST don't do it. Double standard.
edited. Sorry I missed the second not.

I think I get what you mean now: you are saying if anti tithers do not see giving as a requirement and thus are at liberty to give or not; we should also maintain the same stance for tithing which we also see as not a requirement. We shouldn't insist people should not tithe. To do so is to maintain double standard.

I agree with you. If this is the attitude, then it is double standard indeed.

I do not tithe. I also accept the label anti tither, not bc it depicts who I truly am but bc it's the cliche here for all non tithers. The second thing is that I am at this point not speaking for all non tithers.

My position really on all matters of church life is LIBERTY. Do as God compels you. The only thing I believe I must insist on is preaching sound doctrine and calling sinners to repentance. Even the matter of holiness I leave to each man to do as God leads them.

Concerning giving then, I insist on liberty. Thus concerning tithing, the same thing: liberty. I however have issues with those who make tithing compulsory or who insist on it in a subtle manner like Bidam is doing.

That's my position.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
WinsomeX:

You are being dishonest when you quote a scripture like that to support a premise that giving is a COMMANDMENT in the NT in the manner in which you are teaching it: law or a requirement or compulsion. See:

If that scripture is saying we are COMMANDED to give in that manner, where do we put a scripture like this one that clearly says that giving should be willing:

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Therefore to see giving in the overall light of the NT, including that scripture you have quoted, we must agree that Jesus commanded that ministers are to be supported by those who they minister to. Quite naturally, we won't expect the secular world to pay the ministers that preach to us. But even at that, ministers are supported by church finances that come from a pool of resources put together by the willing giving of members of the church. To interpret the 1Cor 9 scripture to mean bc ministers are to be paid therefore you must give o, is to do injustice to scriptures.

Now what did our Lord COMMAND? Look at it here:

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. 10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house. 10:8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

Read the whole scripture.

The Matthew scripture showed Jesus commanded his disciples. The Luke scripture showed how he instructed for them to provided for:

Verse 7: eat such things as they give.

Verse 8: eat such things as set before you.

In addition with his emphasis that freely you have received, freely you should give.

In these scripture Christ referred to the immediate need of his ministers: food. In the 1 Cor9 scripture this food can translate to money but in both of them we see how the provision should come: free will - such things as they give; such things as they set before you. Freely you give.

Bidam, there is nowhere in the bible Jesus commanded a tithe to be given to his NT ministers. And even when he commanded for their provision, the context obviously speaks of free will. So understand now what I meant when I said God commanded us to give... This is what he commanded: free will giving.
The scripture you quoted NEVER said "do not give" infact it stated EMPHATICALLY that God loves a cheerful giver, in other words if you don't even give cheerfully your tithes and offerings might not be acceptable before God. The anti-tithing mantra that you people always use that giving should be driven by love is worn out...it is a well known fact that most antithers choose to give whatever they "feel" like or choose not to give at all.

There is no record of those specific words of Jesus when you made reference to Mathew 10:10 and Luke 10:8 just as there is no record in the four gospels when Paul quoted Jesus saying "it is more blessed to give than to receive". At best you can find it "in principles" and that was why i told you that Paul used the Law of Moses to buttress a point that it is compulsory/REQUIRED/mandatory/obligatory/right for the spiritual work of God's ministers to be repaid with the MATERIAL support of the people they minister unto.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by brocab: 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
Its great in what you are saying, its time to reach out. But even the non-believers these day's are hearing more and more news about our money making churches across our globe. Given them Reasons not to come to christ jesus because? They hear so much news about these beloved money making churches' and many non-believers will try to angue about these crimes, and because of this it stops them coming to christ. We are not gaining the lost souls, we are losing them. Even the elect in our churches have walked away. You all know yourselves when you came to Christ it was a free gift. When I first came to Christ, I had no idea what church go'ers had planned for me, later I was told I had to pay my way, If I knew that before I was saved, I would have walked away from the lord too. After I was saved, believers would tell me, about the tithing messages and how we have to give back 10% to God, to be honest tithing did not make any sence to me either; and the Holy-spirit who lives in me warned me about these tithing messages, at that time being a young christian I had no idea how to listen to the spirit. so I would follow the older believers, believing they will show me the way? I would read my bible, but it took some time before I understood it. Many times back then, I would pray to the lord about tithing, and say lord why is my inner self not agreeing with the tithing messages, I didn't understand, why the lord called me' without a word on tithing. I waited for that answer, and then as time went by the lord had showing me, and now everytime I read my bible verse after verse jumps out of the bible and hits me. There's a truth in this' ask the lord to show you, when you are ready to listen to christ he will show you this truth. No more lies, but truth. While going to churches I also would sit and listen to pastors, believing they are the spiritual heads. I would pay tithes,because I felt I had too, not because I wanted too, I find now by reading my bible, it shows clearly how pastors-preachers would twist the bible around to put fear in our inner-selves, mentally forcing us to pay tithes. So these day's when reaching out to the lost souls, remember they watch Tv's listen to radio's, read newspapers, and the word of mouth, travel's futher across our globe, All news about these money making churches, news about the black flag {muslims}, murdering christians, Their is more non-believers, who are now seeking the endtime news. And fear is traveling fast. its time to act, get right with the lord repent and forgive. Reachout to the lost, tell them the truth, because the truth will set you free..
WinsomeX:

I think I get what you mean now: you are saying if anti tithers do not see giving as a requirement and thus are at liberty to give or not; we should also maintain the same stance for tithing which we also see as not a requirement. We shouldn't insist people should not tithe. To do so is to maintain double standard.

I do not tithe. I also accept the label anti tither, not bc it depicts who I truly am but bc it's the cliche here for all non tithers. The second thing is that I am at this point not speaking for all non tithers.

My position really on all matters of church life is LIBERTY. Do as God compels you. The only thing I believe I must insist on is preaching sound doctrine and calling sinners to repentance. Even the matter of holiness I leave to each man to do as God leads them.

Concerning giving then, I insist on liberty. Thus concerning tithing, the same thing: liberty. I however have issues with those who make tithing compulsory or who insist on it in a subtle manner like Bidam is doing.

That's my position.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by WinsomeX: 4:13am On Oct 14, 2014
^^^

I agree with you. On the the matter of tithing, conversion, following older believers and being taught by the Spirit, I can testify to this too. Indeed winning the lost, not money making gospel preaching, is our calling.

Bidam, I read your response. I have nothing else to say. I believe what has been said to you is sufficient.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 14, 2014
WinsomeX:
^^^

Bidam, I read your response. I have nothing else to say. I believe what has been said to you is sufficient.
No, don't cop out just yet. There are things the christians are Commanded to do in the new covenant..Love is one of them and giving is also one of them...no middle road or middle ground here, my argument is not about compulsion,coersion,cajoling and the likes from the scripture you quoted.

Lemme give you another scriptural witness.

How do you explain Paul ORDERING the church in galatia to set aside some money for sunday offerings? ( 1 corinthians 16:1-2).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by WinsomeX: 9:11am On Oct 14, 2014
Bidam:
No, don't cop out just yet.

You can call it whatever you like.

Bidam:
There are things the christians are Commanded to do in the new covenant..Love is one of them and giving is also one of them

I agree that Christians are Commanded to love. And I have explained to you that the commandment to give is free will giving.

Bidam:
my argument is not about compulsion,coersion,cajoling and the likes from the scripture you quoted.

Is that so? Who said this in response to Image123 and what else did you mean by the statement:

Bidam:
grin

Bidam:

Lemme give you another scriptural witness.
How do you explain Paul ORDERING the church in galatia to set aside some money for sunday offerings? ( 1 corinthians 16:1-2).

Ah... Finally we find a command in the bible to give by force. So, readers, here we have an ORDER from Paul to you to give and make sure you give by fire, by thunder.

Bidam, you are a joke!

If I took my time to explain to you what Paul meant by a commandment to give by Jesus and even showed you scriptures showing this command was free will giving, and you are still locked up in your thinking, there is nothing else that can be done for you.

Bidam, you have an ORDER from Paul make sure you obey it with dispatch... smh.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 14, 2014
WinsomeX:

You can call it whatever you like.

I agree that Christians are Commanded to love. And I have explained to you that the commandment to give is free will giving.

Is that so? Who said this in response to Image123 and what else did you mean by the statement:

Ah... Finally we find a command in the bible to give by force. So, readers, here we have an ORDER from Paul to you to give and make sure you give by fire, by thunder.

Bidam, you are a joke!

If I took my time to explain to you what Paul meant by a commandment to give by Jesus and even showed you scriptures showing this command was free will giving, and you are still locked up in your thinking, there is nothing else that can be done for you.

Bidam, you have an ORDER from Paul make sure you obey it with dispatch... smh.
Lol.the joke is on you pal, if you like dont give? Last time i checked freewill giving is practised in the OT.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 11:41am On Oct 14, 2014
WinsomeX:

Exactly.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by brocab: 2:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Thanks
WinsomeX:
^^^

I agree with you. On the the matter of tithing, conversion, following older believers and being taught by the Spirit, I can testify to this too. Indeed winning the lost, not money making gospel preaching, is our calling.

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
Daily Manna
Tuesday 21, October 2014

The Lord's House

TEXT: 2 Chronicles 24:1-14

"And it came to pass after this, that Joash was minded to repair the house of the LORD" (2 Chronicles 24:4).

The place of good house for the worship of God cannot be overstressed. Although the Scripture says God does not dwell in a house made by hand, where His name is called and worshipped must be presentable.

This was why When Dr. Yongi Cho’s church – the largest single congregation in the world - was reportedly carrying out the church’s building project in South Korea, a lot of poor women folks and widows had to sell their petty possessions in order to be able to give. We were even told that those that had long hair had to cut them, sell and give for the building of the church. It was a joyful experience for everyone, though there was the initial pain of self-denial. Everyone must be involved in building a house for God’s worship.

The same experience is what we have in our text today. King Joash saw the need to repair the house of God that had been vandalised by the previous idolatrous kings. He, therefore, instructed the priest and Levites to collect offerings from the people for this purpose. At first, the priests were hesitant. Probably, they were considering the financial condition of the people. This is the same mistake most ministers make when it comes to encouraging the people to give for the work of God. But when they eventually told the people, they not only gave abundantly, but they gladly gave. They rejoiced in their giving.

A project in the house of God, whether church-building, mission or a particular programme, must be enthusiastically supported by every member. Excluding members from giving because we think they are poor will amount to robbing them of their joy and much more, of the key that will liberate them from poverty. Giving may sometimes be accompanied by the initial pain of self-denial and sacrifice; it however results in abounding and boundless joy.

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

Thought for the day: "God makes all things beautiful in His time"

See more at:
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
Friday, October 31, 2014

GIVING GOD

"Bring ye all the tithes into the store house, that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, said the Lord of hosts if I will not open you the windows of Heaven" (Malachi 3:10)

There is nothing that excites people like a vision to give something special to God. Study great men of God in the Bible, you will find that they have been great givers. The best way to start is to give your life to Christ unreservedly. "My son give me thine heart and let thine eyes observe my ways" (Proverbs 23:26). That is the only way your giving can be acceptable.

Make it a habit to give God your talent, tithes, time, and material resources, among others. There is nothing as nice as being a cheerful giver. When you give according to God's will, there will be provisions in the house of God, and He will open the windows of Heaven, and shower abundant blessings on you. Even for the youth, it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Challenge: "There is no mistake as great as the mistake of not giving to God"

Prayer: "Lord makes me a cheerful giver in your House."

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 9:7

Quotation: "It is more blessed to give"

See more at:

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=27615918][/quote] Timeless truth.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
Bidam:

Timeless truth.

Yes, my brother. His Word is settled in heaven forever.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
God's Word is forever settled in Heaven.

Unfortunately, as is quite evident, it is not settled in the hearts of those who teach the monetary tithe requirement doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
MarkMiwerds:

God's Word is forever settled in Heaven.

Unfortunately, as is quite evident, it is not settled in the hearts of those who teach the monetary tithe requirement doctrine.

God's Words are timeless and does not change.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

God's Words are timeless and does not change.
you are right... God's Word do not change. Now, tell us who God's Word says are to receive His holy tithes?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 11:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
you are right... God's Word do not change. Now, tell us who God's Word says are to receive His holy tithes?

God, He receiveth them. Will a man rob God?
Oh, the nanny advice. No point telling a blind man that the sky is blue.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:51am On Nov 26, 2014
Image123:

of men, it is the Levites who are to receice the tithes. They are the only representatives on Earth to whom God gave authority to take tithes for the House of God.

Blindness to the truth is more detrimental than blindness to color.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by vooks: 6:49am On Nov 26, 2014
It's a shame that modern pharisee parade their works of 10% which is supposed to be based on the Jew's 22%. They have nothing on the Pharisee who is 'not like other men', but they readily beat him in pride wink

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by dorox(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2014
Image123:

The above statement is mean and insensitive. To take such a cheap shot at someone who is physically blind says a lot about the kind of person you really are.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
dorox:

The above statement is mean and insensitive. To take such a cheap shot at someone who is physically blind says a lot about the kind of person you really are.

No it isn't, and you will do well to not complain. Most of the antitithers here are blind in the sense that i used the word. Experience has taught that it really is no use telling them that the sky is blue.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
of men, it is the Levites who are to receice the tithes. They are the only representatives on Earth to whom God gave authority to take tithes for the House of God.

Blindness to the truth is more detrimental than blindness to color.

Again, Melchisedek wasn't levite. Jesus the High Priest of priests is of the order of Melchisedek not Aarons. Your blindness to this simple point is pitiable.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
Image123:

Again, Melchisedek wasn't levite. Jesus the High Priest of priests is of the order of Melchisedek not Aarons. Your blindness to this simple point is pitiable.
Hebrews does say that Jesus is after the order of Melchizedek. I am not blind to that. But is Jesus on the Earth today in person to receive tithes of the brethren? Of course not!

But notice also in Hebrews 7:5, that it is the sons of Levi who God says are to receive the tithes... Levites are to take God's holy tithes, not pastors who are not of the lineage and dscendancy of Levi.

It is not I who is displaying the blindness you speak of. You have three of your own fingers pointing back at you.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Image123:

No, put it this way:

Melchi rained and threaten Abraham with curse of Malachi in order for Abraham to give pay tithe. Mechi promised Abraham open heaven in so much that there will not be room to contain it. All of these Melchi did "in the order of Jesus" or as if it was Jesus doing it to those he died to take away their curses and redeem, those he blessed in Him in His finished works.

Oh, I just remember now, God must receive His tithe with a representative on earth, no wonder these Pastors like you are "representative of Christ as High priest" and they are threatening with curse from God....Just the Melchi in the order of Christ did to Abraham. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.