Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking (12578 Views)

Fuel Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Expressway,catches Fire In The Process. Photos / Man Sells HUGE Snake On Lagos Roadside / When You See Police Patrol Van, What Comes To Your Mind ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
Seems our leader are deluded of modern day idea? Imagine using this method in 21st century,when other countries are using advanced method,we are busy fooling ourselves.. Can this even be maintained in the long run?
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by kala111: 5:32pm On Feb 08, 2013
pekelepekele: Good move but how long will they keep doing this? and it seems Lagos to Ibadan will now be like 4 hrs trip cheesy

Laila! for dis kind snail speed? If one spends 9hrs.3mins from Lagos to gurumaraji, that means you cut corners.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by azimibraun: 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
The more u look the more u see.. If I may ask, are they on d oda lane? Its alright 2 speed in2 ibadan bt nt okay 2 speed out of ibadan abi I no see well? Its gud 2 go 2 lagos alive and very good 2 die heading out of lagos abi? I need explanation pls. So dt I go sure.

2 Likes

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by bajito: 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
Another misplaced priority! Bunch of 'jobless' FRSC men joy-riding from one end of the road to the other and burning fuel at our cost!
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nigerians! This is practised in the UK when motorways have a potential of having a choke point. It's more like reducing the pressure on a water pipe if the exit point is weak.

A majority of Nigerians are not only ignorant, but cannot be pleased.

3 Likes

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by kobenol(m): 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
The most ideal is a concrete traffic signs campaign, I noticed this kind of move in Lagos Roads recently...Hail Lagos Govt.
However it all boils down to people attitude. WE NIGERIANS especially are extremely lawless.
On every of our express roads, 100kph is the MAX, yet drivers do 160?? yet even worse in the case of commercials.
When we start obeying simple laws, authorities wont have to break the bank or think outside the box, just so to find means of enforcing laws to ease even us from danger.
Hail Road Safety!
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by kalunomics(m): 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
mdsocks:

and how do they wanna monitor other cars coming behind...is there gonna be a start time for every car.

You need to understand that a journey is a continuous process not a car race.
there'll be like a hundred FRSC cars on the road.lol

1 Like

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by azimibraun: 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
Practised in UK? Wich uk? D one with over 100yrs of subway train transport abi na d UK with 21st century waterways and airways? Wake up Man. Dis is lagos-ibadan and nt UK or waterpipe. Wt u jst said is so SAD! I am dissapointed in ur teachers and ur brand of common sense.u for jst keep quite. E fo beta pass.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
azimibraun: Practised in UK? Wich uk? D one with over 100yrs of subway train transport abi na d UK with 21st century waterways and airways? Wake up Man. Dis is lagos-ibadan and nt UK or waterpipe. Wt u jst said is so SAD! I am dissapointed in ur teachers and ur brand of common sense.u for jst keep quite. E fo beta pass.

Shad-born vermin like you are the reason why the country is in a sorry state today. Common sense tells you that a traffic gridlock can only be prevented by driver patience and a sure way to achieve this is forcing restraint on motorists. Common sense is not your thing I guess. Olodo!

Your type sees nothing good in themselves and nothing good in their immediate families and ultimately see nothing good in their country.

1 Like

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by FXKing2012(m): 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
Good move but can it be sustained?
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
trendystuf: One of the efforts to force down speed, like seriously? How is this going to work?

Source: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/02/motorized-patrol-on-lagos-ibadan.html
Iove it safety first
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by j4jj: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
This'l cause a serious traffic jam! Let dem think of beta ways
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by armyofone(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
How about an advance 6 Lanes?
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
When will Nigeria start motor rally competition am intersted o

Did I derail pls hold your comment if u r gonna hate.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by blank(f): 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
I remember FRSC doing this on the lagos to Benin expressway when I was much younger. They would turn back at a toll gate. Then, they used to at 120km/hr.

We used to turn it into a game, counting all the cars that joined us and singing welcome songs. Fun days indeed.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by TeeSeven(m): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
hardbody:

100km/h on the express is snail speed. if you are driving a small car, you should be doing 120km/h. I do as high as 180km/h and still get to the eastern parts late in the evening or night.

I've been driving on Nigerian roads for 27 years now. I've also driven in England for a while. Putting into consideration the state of our roads and the driving mannerism of other road users, 100km/h is NOT 'snail speed'.
Doing 180 km/h anywhere in Nigeria is like a suicide mission. Although, I've tried it too when I was 'younger', believe me; its just not worth it!
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Reptyle(m): 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
This is hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I can just see the new item added to FRSC draft budget: "64 billion naira to fuel cars for mobile speed breakers on Lagos -Ibadan express." I wonder what would happen if other sate commands also adopt similar strategies on highways within their precincts. Absolute nonsense abeg!!!
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nice concept my foot. How many if such cars will be on the road at a time? What if the "motorized patrol" cars are already say 45 mins into their journey when some other driver dashes into the express am sure the driver will drive with reckless abandon until he meets up with the FRSC guys. It is high time those FRSC guys come up with a workable idea.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by crackhaus: 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
THIS IS A REALLY BAD IDEA... REALLY REALLY, REALLY BAD IDEA... I dont even need to explain why it's a bad idea and anyone who thinks this is good, seriously needs....... well, let's just say, "to whom brain is given, common sense is expected"
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Abbott(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
Now peeps, the question is, what is the speed limit on the express?
Quote the law that says that too.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Adurangba(f): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
Some of you are so young to remember that this used to happen on that same road back in time. Road cops on motor bikes plying that road regularly, noone dare to overtake them. Ask your older brothers and sisters and they will tell you this is true and it did force motorists from over speeding. Yes, on theat same Lagos Ibadan Express way. Those were in the days of maja maja motorcycles all over our roads.

1 Like

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Adurangba(f): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
blank: I remember FRSC doing this on the lagos to Benin expressway when I was much younger. They would turn back at a toll gate. Then, they used to at 120km/hr.

We used to turn it into a game, counting all the cars that joined us and singing welcome songs. Fun days indeed.

This is so true. All these young people these days dont know anything.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by crackhaus: 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
Adura_ngba: Some of you are so young to remember that this used to happen on that same road back in time. Road cops on motor bikes plying that road regularly, noone dare to overtake them. Ask your older brothers and sisters and they will tell you this is true and it did force motorists from over speeding. Yes, on theat same Lagos Ibadan Express way. Those were in the days of maja maja motorcycles all over our roads.
why was it stopped then?
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by crossover(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
Good news that could only be appreciated by those that survived serious accident due to over speeding or related causes before.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Adurangba(f): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
All these social critics. Go on the highway in the UK and see a police vehicle travelling same way with you and God bless you if you try to overtake it.

2 Likes

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by jude33084(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Humanbeans: it will only complicate the traffic on that road, how will FRSC rickety vehicles achieve this, Lets wait and see. I will overtake them, and go free, nothing will happen

When kids talk, you know them undecided
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by jude33084(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
Abbott: Now peeps, the question is, what is the speed limit on the express?
Quote the law that says that too.

The question you should ask yourself is; do we have express road at all? cheesy
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
azimibraun: The more u look the more u see.. If I may ask, are they on d oda lane? Its alright 2 speed in2 ibadan bt nt okay 2 speed out of ibadan abi I no see well? Its gud 2 go 2 lagos alive and very good 2 die heading out of lagos abi? I need explanation pls. So dt I go sure.
Lmaoooooo
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
Very stup.I'd idea.

This is what should've been done instead:

1. Have a database with the information of every car/driver. Force the states to start maintaining such records so it can be accessed on a whim by Federal law enforcement (since States don't enforce Interstate highway rules in backwards aszzz Nigeria). Give financial incentives to states that comply by a set deadline, appraise and affirm penalties against those that don't.

2. Encourage the States to build and maintain modern traffic courts.

3. Give the highway patrol officers computer access in their vehicles that can check on the identity of every speeding driver they accost by accessing the databases suggested above in real time.They don't have to slow down traffic like they are fo.olishly doing in the pic. Give them radar guns to be able to spot speeders. They can write you a ticket based on whatever speeding violation they allege you've committed and they can send you on your merry way; this is after entering all your info--- and the amount which you are expected to pay for your violation--- into the database from the computer in their car. If you dont pay the ticket amount, or dont show up for your hearing in court ( on the date stated on the ticket) to explain to a judge why you shouldnt pay, a warrant for your arrest is then issued and entered into the database. Next time you're accosted by any law enforcement officer, for any reason, anywhere in the country, once your name pops up the database will reveal that you have a warrant that calls for your arrest; you'll be immediately taken into custody.

Putting Nigeria onto the right path to sanity and development is actually not that hard, all that's required is investment in the right places instead of idiotic endeavors like N16billion guest houses for the V.President, or N4billion halls for an illiterate First lady that can't make a proper complete sentence and is a disgrace(like her husband) to Nigerians everywhere.

Truth be told, Nigeria, you need Buhari. That's the only way corruption can be stemmed and the monies being yielded by the country be put to proper use instead of ending up in the pockets of a few dense individuals who don't see the advantages of an orderly, and properly run society. Just one Buhari term and it is my utmost belief that the country will be back on its way to greatness.

3 Likes

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by SailorXY: 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
kingoflag: Very stup.I'd idea.

This is what should've done instead:

1. Have a database with the information of every car/driver. Force the states to start maintaining such records so it can be accessed on a whim by Federal law enforcement (since States don't enforce Interstate highway rules in backwards aszzz Nigeria). Give financial incentives to states that comply by a set deadline, appraise and affirm penalties against those that don't.

2. Encourage the States to build and maintain modern traffic courts.

3. Give the highway patrol officers computer access in their vehicles that can check on the identity of every speeding driver they accost by accessing the databases suggested above in real time.They don't have to slow down traffic like they are fo.olishly doing in the pic. Give them radar guns to be able to spot speeders. They can write you a ticket based on whatever speeding violation they allege you've committed and they can send you on your merry way; this is after entering all your info--- and the amount which you are expected to pay for your violation--- into the database from the computer in their car. If you dont pay the ticket amount, or dont show up for your hearing in court ( on the date stated on the ticket) to explain to a judge why you shouldnt pay, a warrant for your arrest is then issued and entered into the database. Next time you're accosted by any law enforcement officer, for any reason, anywhere in the country, once your name pops up the database will reveal that you have a warrant that calls for your arrest; you'll be immediately taken into custody.

Putting Nigeria onto the right path to sanity and development is actually not that hard, all that's required is investment in the right places instead of idiotic endeavors like N16billion guest houses for the V.President, or N4billion halls for an illiterate First lady that can't make a proper complete sentence and is a disgrace(like her husband) to Nigerians everywhere.

Truth be told, Nigeria, you need Buhari. That's the only way corruption can be stemmed and the monies being yielded by the country be put to proper use instead of ending up in the pockets of a few dense individuals who don't see the advantages of an orderly, and properly run society. Just one Buhari term and it is my utmost belief that the country will be back on its way to greatness.

how about wipin the siht from my ssa with that ur buhari's tongue? i think it will help him go to where he belongs with 72 Vees tongue

1 Like

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by talktimi(m): 11:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
forkinsonlolo: this is a very nice concept, at least no accident will be recorded to day. i wonder why people always like to condemn any positive idea by the government
are you kidding me ? What's positive about this nonsense. I bet you the "govt" isn't even aware of this rubbish and would never even be in support of it. What if there's an emergency on the highway for crying out loud like a lady about to give birth ? This is just ridiculous and I'm surprised you support it. There's a speed limit for highways, the FRSC should find a way to enforce the limit instead of this hostage taking.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Deeper Life Bible Church Completes 45,000 Capacity Headquarters In Lagos / Refer People To Register On Opay And Earn Money / Share Your Experience With Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.