Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking (12586 Views)

Fuel Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Expressway,catches Fire In The Process. Photos / Man Sells HUGE Snake On Lagos Roadside / When You See Police Patrol Van, What Comes To Your Mind ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by JuniorSali: 11:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
I love Nigeria
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by talktimi(m): 11:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
kingoflag: Very stup.I'd idea.

This is what should've done instead:

1. Have a database with the information of every car/driver. Force the states to start maintaining such records so it can be accessed on a whim by Federal law enforcement (since States don't enforce Interstate highway rules in backwards aszzz Nigeria). Give financial incentives to states that comply by a set deadline, appraise and affirm penalties against those that don't.

2. Encourage the States to build and maintain modern traffic courts.

3. Give the highway patrol officers computer access in their vehicles that can check on the identity of every speeding driver they accost by accessing the databases suggested above in real time.They don't have to slow down traffic like they are fo.olishly doing in the pic. Give them radar guns to be able to spot speeders. They can write you a ticket based on whatever speeding violation they allege you've committed and they can send you on your merry way; this is after entering all your info--- and the amount which you are expected to pay for your violation--- into the database from the computer in their car. If you dont pay the ticket amount, or dont show up for your hearing in court ( on the date stated on the ticket) to explain to a judge why you shouldnt pay, a warrant for your arrest is then issued and entered into the database. Next time you're accosted by any law enforcement officer, for any reason, anywhere in the country, once your name pops up the database will reveal that you have a warrant that calls for your arrest; you'll be immediately taken into custody.

Putting Nigeria onto the right path to sanity and development is actually not that hard, all that's required is investment in the right places instead of idiotic endeavors like N16billion guest houses for the V.President, or N4billion halls for an illiterate First lady that can't make a proper complete sentence and is a disgrace(like her husband) to Nigerians everywhere.

Truth be told, Nigeria, you need Buhari. That's the only way corruption can be stemmed and the monies being yielded by the country be put to proper use instead of ending up in the pockets of a few dense individuals who don't see the advantages of an orderly, and properly run society. Just one Buhari term and it is my utmost belief that the country will be back on its way to greatness.

SMH undecided
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by ifebosco: 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
kingoflag: Very stup.I'd idea.

This is what should've done instead:

1. Have a database with the information of every car/driver. Force the states to start maintaining such records so it can be accessed on a whim by Federal law enforcement (since States don't enforce Interstate highway rules in backwards aszzz Nigeria). Give financial incentives to states that comply by a set deadline, appraise and affirm penalties against those that don't.

2. Encourage the States to build and maintain modern traffic courts.

3. Give the highway patrol officers computer access in their vehicles that can check on the identity of every speeding driver they accost by accessing the databases suggested above in real time.They don't have to slow down traffic like they are fo.olishly doing in the pic. Give them radar guns to be able to spot speeders. They can write you a ticket based on whatever speeding violation they allege you've committed and they can send you on your merry way; this is after entering all your info--- and the amount which you are expected to pay for your violation--- into the database from the computer in their car. If you dont pay the ticket amount, or dont show up for your hearing in court ( on the date stated on the ticket) to explain to a judge why you shouldnt pay, a warrant for your arrest is then issued and entered into the database. Next time you're accosted by any law enforcement officer, for any reason, anywhere in the country, once your name pops up the database will reveal that you have a warrant that calls for your arrest; you'll be immediately taken into custody.

Putting Nigeria onto the right path to sanity and development is actually not that hard, all that's required is investment in the right places instead of idiotic endeavors like N16billion guest houses for the V.President, or N4billion halls for an illiterate First lady that can't make a proper complete sentence and is a disgrace(like her husband) to Nigerians everywhere.

Truth be told, Nigeria, you need Buhari. That's the only way corruption can be stemmed and the monies being yielded by the country be put to proper use instead of ending up in the pockets of a few dense individuals who don't see the advantages of an orderly, and properly run society. Just one Buhari term and it is my utmost belief that the country will be back on its way to greatness.

at least the is hope for nigeria when i read people like you
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 09, 2013
Dummies constructed Nigerian roads.

How can they make a 3 lane-width road a one-lane road? Very very stupid construction. Of course, overtaking will be inevitable.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Nobody: 2:03am On Feb 09, 2013
What happened to all the radars in the 80's? FRSC used to write tickets in the 80's. Why can't we do this in 2013? Equip their vehicles with radar guns, issue tickets to people who exceed the speed limit. To ensure payment of tickets, confiscate their LICENSE PLATE until they pay up. Give them a grace period of a week or so to comply with an official note that would prevent them from being harrassed by other govt agencies during the grace period. Problem solved.
Oh and yes, money should not be an issue because this project can be self financed. Take out a loan for the equipment and allocate a fraction of the tickets issued to repay the loan. Case solved.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by MyX1: 2:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Don't mind them, by the time i hit them 3 time 4 back, no be person go tell dem 2 run comot 4 Road. Nonsence
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by bedc(m): 4:13am On Feb 09, 2013
'tis obvious that both d FRSC & d FG has completely run out of ideas. Wat madness!!!
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by mctons: 6:17am On Feb 09, 2013
yuzedo: Witches aren't bothered by these encumbrances. Join our Witches Association of Nigeria with just N5000 registration fee and teleport to any destination of your choice in Nigeria and West Africa... PM me.. kiss

Office location and account pls
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by eherbal(m): 6:46am On Feb 09, 2013
if i had my sports car behind these goons,i'd have activated ghost mode.(dem no go see me or my plate number)0-100 km in 7secs,shikena
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by naptu2: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2013
A-town:
What happened to all the radars in the 80's? FRSC used to write tickets in the 80's. Why can't we do this in 2013? Equip their vehicles with radar guns, issue tickets to people who exceed the speed limit. To ensure payment of tickets, confiscate their LICENSE PLATE until they pay up. Give them a grace period of a week or so to comply with an official note that would prevent them from being harrassed by other govt agencies during the grace period. Problem solved.
Oh and yes, money should not be an issue because this project can be self financed. Take out a loan for the equipment and allocate a fraction of the tickets issued to repay the loan. Case solved.

Professor Wole Soyinka is no longer Corps Marshal of the FRSC.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by talktimi(m): 8:14am On Feb 09, 2013
naptu2:

Professor Wole Soyinka is no longer Corps Marshal of the FRSC.
the question should have been why they're not utilizing the radar guns procured for them last year. I guess they're waiting for the 3rd quarter of this year when everyone would have migrated to the new driver licence that's expected to be tied to number plates but this idea of blocking the road to enforce speed limits is still rubbish sha
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Adurangba(f): 8:16am On Feb 09, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Dummies constructed Nigerian roads.

How can they make a 3 lane-width road a one-lane road? Very very stupid construction. Of course, overtaking will be inevitable.

So a whole Lagos Ibadan Expressway should be single lane on each side? Or what kind of question is this? They made a 3 lane width road a one lane road? How can that be possible? LOL.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by talktimi(m): 8:28am On Feb 09, 2013
Adura_ngba:

So a whole Lagos Ibadan Expressway should be single lane on each side? Or what kind of question is this? They made a 3 lane width road a one lane road? How can that be possible? LOL.
me sef tire for some people, how can a 3 lane road possibly be reduced to a single lane ? The rush to criticize blocks out logical reasoning I tell you.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by naptu2: 8:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Lol. I think she means the carriageway. I.e dual carriageway, 3 lanes on each carriageway.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by TopeFl(m): 8:43am On Feb 09, 2013
What would they do if I came through on a GSXR1000 or Yamaha R1?
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by lonelydora: 9:47am On Feb 09, 2013
So if i overtake them with my Toyota Tundra, 5.7L V8(iForce)engine. HOW WILL THEY PURSUE ME WITH THAT NONSENSE PICKUP PF THEIRS? Waste of their precious time. Expressway has no speed limit as far as i am concerned.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by Adurangba(f): 10:54am On Feb 09, 2013
lonelydora: So if i overtake them with my Toyota Tundra, 5.7L V8(iForce)engine. HOW WILL THEY PURSUE ME WITH THAT NONSENSE PICKUP PF THEIRS? Waste of their precious time. Expressway has no speed limit as far as i am concerned.

You talk like the average Nigerian, uninformed.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by SailorXY: 11:29am On Feb 09, 2013
Tope_Fl: What would they do if I came through on a GSXR1000 or Yamaha R1?
grin grin grin the sound of the engine sef go confuse that pick up on the last lane to enter bush... road don open be that cry cheesy
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by EagleNest(m): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2013
FRSC has simply run out of ideas on how to solve the speed-related road accidents.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by SkyRider1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
Good idea. shows that someone is really not comfortable with the carnage on our roads.
Re: Motorized Patrol On Lagos-ibadan Express. No Overtaking by gbadexy(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2013
I've experienced it firsthand.
I was traveling with •̸Ϟ•̸y dad in 1998 and all cars couldn't overtake the road safety car as they were cruising on 100km per hour.
You need to see the car buildup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exposed: Nneka123's Real Identity / Photos: Deeper Life Bible Church Completes 45,000 Capacity Headquarters In Lagos / Share Your Experience With Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.