Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe (6389 Views)

Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by bankoleben(m): 2:22am On Feb 09, 2013
The Senior Special Assistant to President GoodluckJonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, speaks with OLUSOLA FABIYI on the perception of the President as a slow leader

What do you think is responsible for the attack on President Goodluck Jonathan by Nigerians despite the huge support he got from them during the 2011 election?
Which attack?
They say he is slow and that he doesn’t respond to issues on time. They say the luck that followed him to the Presidential Villa in 2011 has deserted him.
No, no. I don’t think there is a problem with the President; It is the anger that followed the removal of the fuel subsidy in January 1, 2011. What I believe is that by the end of this year when the majority of the transformation agenda of the President must have come to fruition, there would be a turn around. The President himself is not a new man to criticism. When he became Governor of Bayelsa State, the attitude of Bayelsans at that time was similar to what is being done on the larger Nigeria scale today. But when he was leaving, people did not want him to go. All the antagonism latter changed to affection because of his performance.

With the way you said the President is working, and Nigerians different impression about him, how does the President feel?
This President is a man of high strength. Like he says, he is a fisherman and the characteristics of fishermen include ruggedness, patience and perseverance. When you go to the sea to catch fish, you do not know what lies on the sea for you and the challenges you are going to face. So, you are going to have a lot of courage and will have to be hopeful. And when you are at sea and cast your net, you have to wait, and wait for some time, at times; fishermen wait a whole night to have a bumper harvest. These are the characters that are engraved in this President. He is courageous; he is rugged and can persevere. He is also very, resilient. Nigeria is lucky at this time of severe social stress that we have a man who has alot of patience.

Or a man that is slow, you mean to say?
What people count as being slow is something that I find very interesting. I see President Jonathan as a calculating and a decisive person. He takes his time and weighs his options before taking correct decisions and I think that is better than rushing to decisions that can be regrettable. Some mistakes can be very catastrophic and I’m very sure that we have not come close to that withthis presidency and we won’t.

But the opposition is saying that the country is drifting…
(Cuts in) Yes, the country is drifting towards success; the country is drifting from hopelessness; the country is drifting from lack of focus; the country is drifting from low power; the country is drifting from the danger of food crisis towards progress, towards substantial improvement in power supply, towards a transformation in agricultural production and the lives of every citizen of the country.

No, they say the country is drifting towards negativity?
No, that is not correct. And in any case, it is the work of the opposition to say that. We are not perturbed. Between now and 2014 will decide who is right.

So, the coming together of the opposition political parties won’t have any negative effect on the PDP-led Federal Government in 2015?
Opposition can come together, that is something good for the country because this country needs a formidable and virile opposition. It is necessary for democracy to survive. I don’t want a one-party state for the country. We need at least two, or three strong political parties. I just wish that opposition would come together for the interest of Nigerians and come with manifesto that would putthe government on its toes.

The scenario you have painted indicates that you would be expecting Nigerians to demand that Jonathan should contest in 2015?
In this country, we do not have too many heroes. I have a deep feeling within me that this same gentleman that some people want us to belief is not doing much for the country today, is the same gentleman that in 2015, there would be a mass movement that would insist that Jonathan must run based on performance and policy.

So, the opposition will have no luck come 2015?
No, I am not saying that. When the opposition come together, their lots would be better and if they are able to put together some credible programme, there would be some marginal improvements in their electoral performance, which is good for the country, but we would still win.

Are you saying Gen. Muhammadu Buhari cannot defeat President Jonathan in a free and fair election?
Buhari cannot win any election in the modern day Nigeria. Even some members of CPC tell me the same thing. He is a very sincere person. He is a disciplinarian and one of the leaders we should beproud of. But his time has passed. There is nothing new he can bring to the table. Being a disciplinarian is not enough for modern things that Nigerians would need in 2015. A movement will come and it will be obvious when Nigeria will be going.

A movement that would be sponsored by the presidency?
No, you don’t understand. It will be a spontaneousone. A movement of the people. That situation is coming.

The major problem of the country is corruption and there are allegations that this government is doing little to tackle it.
That is not true. Your first statement is true while the second statement is false. Corruption is a major problem in this country and is endemic. It is not about Goodluck Jonathan; it is about what Nigeria is. There is corruption everywhere. If you look at the so-called oil thieves, they are neither government workers nor politicians. If you look at the pension scammers, they are all civil servants. We have major challenges with corruption. The government is doing its best and the fight on corruption has to shift to the judiciary. Government has put in the needed apparatus to fight corruption. The President is not interfering with the apparatus. Look at the issue of the pension scammer, you will find out that the maximum sentence for the office is just two years. We still have some things that need to be done. The President cannot on his own change the law.

The President is handicapped by the judiciary or provision of the law?
It is not the President that is handicapped by the law; it is the entire criminal justice that is handicapped by the law of the land. The President has done his own part. When people said this person was not good to head the EFCC, the person was removed and a new person was brought based on recommendations by some people. He has given free hand to all. Nobody in EFCC, ICPC and the police, will say the President is interfering.

Are you saying come 2014 and 2015, we will not see a situation whereby the EFCC will be set against those perceived to be against President Jonathan’s second term ambition?
But the EFCC is right now running after everybody and they are getting judgements.

You didn’t answer the question.
We must change the law. Can President Jonathan stop person from obtaining interlocutory injunction or perpetual injunction? He cannot. It is not in his power. The President is not a god and he is not a king. He cannot use power arbitrarily.

What is the problem with former President Olusegun Obasanjo and President Jonathan?
There is not problem between them. I do not see any major problem between these two gentlemen. People are wishing and hoping that there will be problem. Those who prosper from confusion are the ones looking for problem.

Is there no clash on who should become the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party?
Why should they clash? The former President personally relinquished power as the chairman of the board. So, why should he come back to struggle on who emerges as the next chairman?

Obasanjo may be interested in who succeeds him…
I doubt it. I’m not sure about that. If he wants a successor, he would have discussed it and I know that President Jonathan would have graciously agreed to his nominee.

You have worked with the two of them. How would you evaluate them?
They are two totally different personalities. You cannot put them on the same scale but both of them love Nigeria. Both of them have a fixation about the oneness of the country and they are hard working. President Obasanjo is perhaps more of an extrovert. If he is angry with you or does not like what you have done, he would say it and that is the end. President Jonathan is a little bit of an introvert. That is his own nature, but he is a kind person. He can hardly hurt anyone. Both of them believe in God.

What of their social lives?
I have not seen much of the social life of President Jonathan, but I know that President Obasanjo is a very serious-minded person. He likes to have fun; likes to enjoy himself and he is a very humorous man.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/nigerians-will-ask-for-jonathan-in-2015-okupe/
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by Akshow: 7:20am On Feb 09, 2013
Will this phuckin butt licker okupe jus Shut it already?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by holyvirgin: 7:42am On Feb 09, 2013
Akshow: Will this phuckin butt licker okupe jus Shut it already?
No u should rather shut up. cheesy grin
I love the part he said buhari's time has passed and so true, buhari is a displinarian but we don't want old folks anymore, we want young blood,intelligent,innovative vibrant, non fanatics and not religious extremist like buhari.

Finally #in okupe's tone#
The country is drifting towards success, the country is drifting from hopelessness, lack of power,lack of focus, the country is drifting from crisis to where it should be........ Success and power house of Africa

Their's Hope for nigeria... grin

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by takedat(m): 7:51am On Feb 09, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by outrage: 9:00am On Feb 09, 2013
@ okupe

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 09, 2013
Wat a fool, wat a fool, wat a fool
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by 9free(m): 9:02am On Feb 09, 2013
Saturdays na weed smoking days for Aso Rock. So am not surprised.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by Kslib(m): 9:03am On Feb 09, 2013
Space booked
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by 9icest: 9:04am On Feb 09, 2013
There is nothing wrong with voting GEJ in 2015, the problem is, why will Nigerians want to vote him?
Besides electricity, I dont know what else to praise GEJ. But when it comes to electricity, I believe he has REALLY tried.
But what kind of President spends 4 years only providing 12 hours electricity, and believe that is the pinnacle of good leadership?
Dr. Doyin, if GEJ offers more, I will give him my vote, or else, shut the phuck up!

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by whealthy(m): 9:06am On Feb 09, 2013
at least, he articulates better than Reuben Abati.....bit more sincere too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by jaymichael(m): 9:08am On Feb 09, 2013
Okupe is just doing his job.
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by HAH: 9:09am On Feb 09, 2013
This guy is a hypocrite can you imagine He agreed,"Buhari is a sincere man and a displinarian and a leader Nigerians should be proud of but his time has passed"

Mr okupe if you really love Nigeria then we need someone that is sincere,dispilinarian and a person that every Nigerian will be proud of irrespective of his age or time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 09, 2013
Great man Okukpe, I wish to be in that position soon so I can speak unadulterated diplomatic truth, it pays to be loquacious.
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by ABUGEORGE(m): 9:11am On Feb 09, 2013
i laugh dis funny man, apc for 2015 we need changes and i dont care whoever comes out of president but can never cast my vote for pdp again dey are forking people witout no vision just their pocket alone

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by glen87: 9:13am On Feb 09, 2013
9free: Saturdays na weed smoking days for Aso Rock. So am not surprised.
what was wrong in all he said. All this people that base only in Lagos and watch only LTV. I pity some of you cos the more you talk, the more disgraced and disappointed you will be.
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 09, 2013
HAH: This guy is a hypocrite can you imagine He agreed,"Buhari is a sincere man and a displinarian and a leader Nigerians should be proud of but his time has passed"

Mr okupe if you really love Nigeria then we need someone that is sincere,dispilinarian and a person that every Nigerian will be proud of irrespective of his age or time.
So you support an idea that an half-illiterate 70+yrs old man rule Nigeria in this days of China and Brazil economic growth? This is the latent truth that people will think is an insult to Buhari but its not, its time to go pass those old crops of politicians and find replacements in the new schools. People like Fashola, Godswill Akpabio, people like Sanusi Lamido, like Soludo etc. Leave anything with military DNA out of the system. They kept us where we are. I dont just want us to lose the present gains we have on the electricity sector.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by chucky234(m): 9:17am On Feb 09, 2013
This goon must be suffering from rare brain tumor caused by too consumption of Korean bitters,what a beetle-headed combobulated brain goon.
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by honeric01(m): 9:18am On Feb 09, 2013
bankoleben: He is a very sincere person. He is a disciplinarian and one of the leaders we should beproud of. But his time has passed. There is nothing new he can bring to the table. Being a disciplinarian is not enough for modern things that Nigerians would need in 2015. A movement will come and it will be obvious when Nigeria will be going.

Now i know this oku-igbe is a demon, you know the attributes of Buhari yet you want Nigerians to continue in penury, what else do we need as attributes in our leaders if not

1: Sincerity
2: Discipline
3: Action?

Buhari has the 3 and he alone won't be working when he becomes President, so what is this "tool of a man" saying?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by honeric01(m): 9:19am On Feb 09, 2013
Billyonaire: So you support an idea that an half-illiterate 70+yrs old man rule Nigeria in this days of China and Brazil economic growth? This is the latent truth that people will think is an insult to Buhari but its not, its time to go pass those old crops of politicians and find replacements in the new schools. People like Fashola, Godswill Akpabio, people like Sanusi Lamido, like Soludo etc. Leave anything with military DNA out of the system. They kept us where we are. I dont just want us to lose the present gains we have on the electricity sector.

Your PHD holding president can't match him in intelligence, if not, why did GEJ run away from the debate?

You think because he bought his way through school to acquire the paper qualification, it means he's educated and brilliant? when he talks, you doubt if he ever went to school not to talk of having a phD.

What gains are you talking about? God bear me witness, there's no light as i am tying right now and my younger bro is complaining of no light where he stays (miles away from me) so what in particular have we witnessed in power? remind me again, what is our CURRENT megawatt? i am not talking about the paper own, i am talking about the realistic own.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by chucky234(m): 9:20am On Feb 09, 2013
Billyonaire: Great man Okukpe, I wish to be in that position soon so I can speak unadulterated diplomatic truth, it pays to be loquacious.
Why fly no go support shi:t,birds of same feathers they say always flock together.
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by Wsdm: 9:21am On Feb 09, 2013
I am going to vote for him if he fulfils 30% of the promises he made. I can vote for the opposition base on their manifesto and the incumbent base on performance.
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by GARRIx7(m): 9:22am On Feb 09, 2013
Who's the best liar amongst the 3:

A. Doyin Okukpe

B. Reuben Abati

C. Labaran Maku

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by honeric01(m): 9:24am On Feb 09, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Who's the best liar amongst the 3:

A. Doyin Okukpe

B. Reuben Abati

C. Labaran Maku

Hard to say, why not just group them together like a trinity thing?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by NoContract(m): 9:32am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=14pt]WHO CARES?![/size]
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by LagosBoi2(m): 9:32am On Feb 09, 2013
A leader that can not take a strong stand against corruption is what we ask for Okupe you must be day dreaming.

btw; with corruption nothing can ever work in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by tomakint: 9:35am On Feb 09, 2013
..Doyin has sealed it at last! He was indeed in his element and really gave a show of class in his locution! Thank God he was well versed and diplomatic in answering those questions! Okupe has proved once again that to play politics in Nigeria one needs to be cerebral cool
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by whealthy(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2013
NoContract: [size=14pt]WHO CARES?![/size]
Maltina cares!!!
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by egift(m): 9:40am On Feb 09, 2013
So he knows GEJ is:
1. Not Sincere
2. Not Discipline
3. Cannot Act

And yet he wants Nigerians to "want" him again after enduring the current Nightmares?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by grafikii: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2013
glen87: what was wrong in all he said. All this people that base only in Lagos and watch only LTV. I pity some of you cos the more you talk, the more disgraced and disappointed you will be.
U think lagos is like your village where you watch only nta from another state and your state broadcast that starts programme at 4pm with cultural dance only to hook up to nta at 7pm

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by grafikii: 9:48am On Feb 09, 2013
Billyonaire: So you support an idea that an half-illiterate 70+yrs old man rule Nigeria in this days of China and Brazil economic growth? This is the latent truth that people will think is an insult to Buhari but its not, its time to go pass those old crops of politicians and find replacements in the new schools. People like Fashola, Godswill Akpabio, people like Sanusi Lamido, like Soludo etc. Leave anything with military DNA out of the system. They kept us where we are. I dont just want us to lose the present gains we have on the electricity sector.
How old is the guy in china or India.
Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by taharqa: 9:48am On Feb 09, 2013
I liked this part:

Opposition can come together, that is something good for the country because this country needs a formidable and virile opposition. It is necessary for democracy to survive. I don’t want a one-party state for the country. We need at least two, or three strong political parties. I just wish that opposition would come together for the interest of Nigerians and come with manifesto that would putthe government on its toes

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask For Jonathan In 2015 — Okupe by ritux: 9:49am On Feb 09, 2013
BUHARI my ass.

GEJ u gatz ma 1 vote 100% and it will make u win if u decide to come back in 2015. The devil i know is better than Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Abians Reacted About Dr Okezie Ikpeazu PDP Primary Win / FG, States, LGs Share N628.8 Billion For November / AUDU ABUBAKAR Reawakens... Live From Obonicha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.