Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

12 PDP Governors May Join APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 PDP Governors May Join APC (19953 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun / 2015: Northern Governors May Form New Party (2) (3) (4)

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by frevangel(m): 11:29am On Feb 09, 2013
@Gbawe and Omo Tier, you guys are just too pathetic with your kind of blind followership. I am neither for PDP nor ACN, I am not rooting for GEJ but your bias is just too childish and pathetic. As a neutral, how do you think your comments are helping APC? The painful thing to me is that we are yet to understand the true problem of Nigeria which is 'WE' - Nigerians. CPC/ACN/PDP/ACP or whatever are all the same people with like minds. They are using you guys to pursue their course, which is seat of power and right to looting.
I feel sorry for this nation. God knows!

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by FreeGlobe(f): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Idiots live their lives on rumour mill... I was told.. I heard.. Blah blah.... We can see what the governors under ACN are doing.I continue to use Edo and Ogun State as a case reference. The lives of the people of those States are changing for the better courtesy of better leadership. So get real...ACN will lead the spear arrow that will send PDP looters into oblivion.
Did you just mention Ogun Smh. I see you equate building one bridge to the people's life changing for the better. Edo state is the ONLY state where ACN is performing and has a vision and that's because oshiomole the governor is a man of his own who doesn't need to contact Tinubu before any contract is signed in the state.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by warrior101: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2013
This is gonna lunch a dead blow to DPD. Let's watch and see.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by frevangel(m): 11:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Shut it there.. You are a member of PDP. And FYI, we have always acknowledged on NL the good work Ameachi , Akpabio are doing in their respective states. Are there not PDP governors?
If anything, Nigeria need men who have visions and are people of character who want to build a name for themselves through focused leadership that will bring the best out of Nigeria and Nigerians not a drunken fisherman who's only talent is looting

Member of PDP? Hehehehehe! I can't remember the last time I voted for anyone.

Show me your posts where you commended any PDP governor before I can believe you did. I don't think any ACN goon will until now.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by ayox2003: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Idiots live their lives on rumour mill... I was told.. I heard.. Blah blah.... We can see what the governors under ACN are doing.I continue to use Edo and Ogun State as a case reference. The lives of the people of those States are changing for the better courtesy of better leadership. So get real...ACN will lead the spear arrow that will send PDP looters into oblivion.

No need to call me an I'diot bro. I'm as real as the thieves u guys hail. Both ACN and PDP.

What I'm saying is that don't let these parties play on ur intelligence. Atleast they must have an ideology...tell me the ideology of those parties. When Gani was alive, he refused to join 'em both cos they were soaked in the murky waters of corruption. He started his party but u guys didn't vote for him.

I'm neither PDP or ACN, so save the sermon. The britons have brainwashed our ancestors, we must never let these "party people" brainwash our generation.

Frawzey

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Gbawe: 11:34am On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1: any surprise at your reasoning? When your clueless fisherman has misappropriated over $67bn why won't you seen Dickson and Uduaghan as apostle of developments?

Delta receives x3 Edo State allocation in year, yet Edo State is miles ahead of Delta in infrastructure and development, curtsey of ACN under tinubu. Where it not for the scheming prowess of people like tinubu, Edo State would have been languishing and wishing as Delta is doing currently!

Tinubu might not be a saint, butHe prowess in helping to put men of vision in positions that have helped the lives of many cannot be ignored.

This is why, despite the noise of bigots against Tinubu on this forum, progressive folks on the ground and undisputed good guys (like Utomi, Oyegun, Balarabe Musa, Wole Soyinka, Femi Falana et al) are now firmly behind the man. Wole Soyinka, a very principled Nigerian, is working with the ACN Party today in ways he has never shown a readiness to do with the PDP.

This is all despite the fact Soyinka was a vociferous critic of Tinubu. Yet when Soyinka saw the calibre of men Tinubu was supporting, he had no choice but to moderate his opinion of Tinubu, as many of us have done, in combination with recognising the reality of Nigeria. In fact, Soyinka threw his weight publicly and completely behind the ACN duo of Ribadu and Adeola in 2011. Soyinka has not looked back since then. Today Soyinka always answers when Aregbesola comes calling. Whether it is to head an education summit or be part of important commissions. Abeg, bigots can continue to vilify Tinubu but liberal and balanced folks should look at the calibre of those, on the ground, publicly joining and endorsing Tinubu.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/01/aregbesola-appoints-tinubu-soyinka-others-into-board-of-awolowo-centre/

Aregbesola appoints Tinubu, Soyinka, others into board of Awolowo Centre
POSTED ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 5TH, 2013

By Gbenga Faturoti, Correspondent, Osogbo

Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregebsola, has approved the appointment of the pioneer members of Board of Trustees and Board of Directors for the Awolowo Centre for Philosophy, Ideology and Good Governance.

The Osun-based centre has Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT).

Members include the Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka (Ogun), the founder, Aregbesola (Osun), former Vice Chancellor of Obafemi Awolowo University, Professor Wale Omole (Osun), former Vice Chancellor of University of Ado-Ekiti, Professor Akin Oyebode (Ekiti).

Other BoT members include Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Dr. M Usman Bugaje (North), Professor Mrs. Bolanle Awe (Osun) and Professor M. A. Makinde, who is also the director general and secretary to the board.

Besides, the board of director is headed by Governor Aregbesola with Prof. Tunde Babawale, Action Congress of Nigeria (CAN) National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Muhammed; human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) and Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa as external members.

Internal members include the DG/CEO, Prof. Makinde, director of training and research, director of administration and finance, director of planning, programmes and linkages.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Mukaz: 11:43am On Feb 09, 2013
Most of the pdp governors and legislators will move to apc because of 2015 ambitions
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by ballabriggs: 11:46am On Feb 09, 2013
What a lot of people do not realise is in a normal situation, do you think I will consider guys like Buhari, Fashola or El-Rufai as leaders.

However, the situation PDP has put Nigeria is an abnormal one. PDP is a complete fraud milking the country away. Like I said to continue with the PDP is the biggest crime against humanity. A party that loots trillions of naira with nothing to show for it is a gathering of vampires. I witnessed years of Odilli in Rivers, I know what these men are made of, they have no conscience.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Gbawe: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2013
Mukaz: Most of the pdp governors and legislators will move to apc because of 2015 ambitions

They can but they are guaranteed nothing. There are outgoing Governors like Aliyu and Lamido who can 'bring something' but I can comfortably predict that the APC will clearly be about providing genuinely transformational individuals for transformational positions. That will not change despite any PDP influx into the PDP because everyone now accepts that this is what is largely behinds Tinubu's defeat of the PDP in the SW. If Tinubu had backed an Igbinedion-type in Edo, instead of the much feted Oshiomhole, then the state would be under the PDP today. Ditto for Oyo, Ekiti, Osun et al. I think opposition strategists now pragmatically understand what works in Nigeria against the PDP.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by wildchild1: 11:50am On Feb 09, 2013
The truth is this,if we look at the way things are now,PDP with still remain in power come 2015....on the masses cant vote to bring APC into power by 2015,dont forget that these 12 governors also have their own supporters and followers,so if they decamp,its a plus for us and 'sit tight' situation for pdp...Remember also that we need a good percentage of the northerners to rescue power from PDP and these so called decamping governors are from the north
A simple arithmetic:
Already,we have about 8 to 9 APC states,if 12 shoudl join from PDP,that's about 20 or 21 states which is a bigger fraction of the 36 states.
What APC should do is not only to accomodate the 12 governors but also to tell them and make sure to turn a new leaf as they join them so they can achieve a common goal
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by wildchild1: 11:57am On Feb 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Did you just mention Ogun Smh. I see you equate building one bridge to the people's life changing for the better. Edo state is the ONLY state where ACN is performing and has a vision and that's because oshiomole the governor is a man of his own who doesn't need to contact Tinubu before any contract is signed in the state.
ogun state is developing,I reside in Abeokuta and I know what I'm saying
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by size38: 11:59am On Feb 09, 2013
Some of are happy that a new mega party has emerged. But the truth remains that if the new party takes over power tommorow, members from other parties particularly, PDP will all move over to the ruling party the system and the masses will continue to suffer.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Gbawe: 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2013
wild child: ogun state is developing,I reside in Abeokuta and I know what I'm saying

No doubt about that. Amosun is genuinely working. A lot still needs to be done, as is the case with many States throughout Nigeria, but the fact of the matter is that Amosun has done a lot in his 1 year and 8 months as Governor.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
tomakint:
Son, are you still sleeping? You better wake up, its day-time already undecided Come 2015 Jonathan will still win (you can quote me) cool
you are the one that needs water to be splashed on your face. keep dreaming! Jonathan will never smell Aso Rock come 2015. grin
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Symphony007: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
Arant rubbish!! Who is this article meant to decieve? I will contine saying it..if this is the way this new party wants to move forward then it's gonna crash before take off. For crying out loud, PDP has ruled this nation for since the start of the fouth republic, most low information voters know nothing but pdp. Rather than this party to go tp the grassroots and every nigerian to articulate a new nigeria for them and their farmilies..they are busy in building a well oiled propagander machine. If this is all they've got, then nigerian will just stick to the devil to know than the angel they don't!!!!
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by tinkinjo: 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
...and the party 'll turn PDP!
Then the real PDP 'll become the new beautiful bride
'cos they'd say: the bad eggs have been expunged
and trust Nigerians to be sympathetic.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Twoboys: 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
Same of same = same result.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by teskyg: 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
We are easily brainwashesd and think APC will capture the whole of west.A point of reference was Ondo election where PDP scored more than Action Congress.The fact that PDP is not in power does not mean they will not pick any vote from the south west and North.They will also get vote from the North and sweep the whole of south south and south East.The same PDP memebers will cross to APC let's say if they win in 2015.Me think the next election will still be contested along Religious and Ethnic line.That was what happen in the last election.It will became clear when APC norminate a Muslim or Northern as the Presidential flag bearer.Then we will know if APC will win the election or not.No matter how we look at it,it will be GEJ in 2015 and Governors like Babangida and CO should get ready to face the EFCC.

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by talktimi(m): 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
Even the Americans whom we try to copy have what is called "swing voters" who are neither democrats or republicans but only vote according to what an election candidate promises during his/her campaign. These swing voters to a large extent actually determine the outcome of elections and must be courted carefully instead of insulted. Whether we like it or not, there are swing voters in Nigeria and with the way elections are gradually becoming free and fair, those swing voters might be a deciding factor and should be pampered by any serious political party. If they should ask questions, such should be answered in a tone of respect and not insults.
I don't understand what people like omo tier 1 hope to achieve by hurling insults at anyone who seems to go against his party affiliation but I tell you at the end of the day, our Nigerian swing voters might just decide to stick with the devil they know (pdp). Pray explain why 12 "corrupt, thieving retardeens" should be given a soft landing in the new messianic party (apc) instead of tried and convicted if possible ? If a man knows he's going to get sh/t in the market, I assure you, he'll stick with the sh/t he has at home since there's no difference. My two cents 8-)

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by tomakint: 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2013
berem: you are the one that needs water to be splashed on your face. keep dreaming! Jonathan will never smell Aso Rock come 2015. grin
Hmn....I will hold you on this, oh by the way.....keep hallucinating grin
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by ABUGEORGE(m): 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Didn't disgruntled elements like you say the same in Edo State? But today, with the leadership of Oshiomhole, are these individuals not performing in Edo State? Let them decamp, the benefit of them doing so will mean PDP is weakened and woulda unable to inflict more poverty on Nigerians.
e get who no like better things, dey themselves are tired of pdp
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by ayox2003: 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
tinkinjo: ...and the party 'll turn PDP!

Very sympathetic.

When Nigerians pay their tax, the govt doesn't say thank you. But when the govt uses a fraction of their tax to rehabilitate roads and provide 'normal' things, they start hailing the govt. Some dudes go to the length of creating Fashola and GEJ's 'achievements' thread to 'praise' them.

How gullible we are!

Frawzey

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by creazor(m): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
tinkinjo: ...and the party 'll turn PDP!
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by nuorlah: 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2013
It is only a change of name after all??
God save my country oooo

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by guttentag(m): 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
P D P Forever... Never you dare decamp
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
@tomakint, father, u are d one still sleeping and might be too late and dangerous to u by the time u would wake up in 2015 being a pdp supporter. U better wake now and make good usefulness of ur time at d moment cos ur time is up. no more appointment for u or other rogues. Father, i repeat, wake up now cos jonathan is gonna dissappoint u come 2015. I don talk my own finish.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by takedat(m): 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2013
The governors intending to move to the new party are possibly doing so out of political exigency as not to incur the wrath of most Northerners who hold a firm belief that power should shift to the North. Since it may be difficult for a Northern candidate to emerge as PDP's presidential candidate because the incumbent may likely contest, aligning with the new party which will most likely present a Northern candidate is the surest bet for them, so as not to be blacklisted for selling out if they(gov) chose to support GEJ! The governors, mostly second term governors may not be active in the new party but it will be politically suicidal for them not to support a northern candidate which the merger party will likely present!
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by sleekp1: 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
How long have we got to wait before some APC chieftains join PDP? Every one is jostling for position now and as soon as it becomes obvious they're not going to get it, they jump ship.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by azimibraun: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2013
I hate 2 say anything wen it comes 2 d worst human biengs in the world.. State Governors.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by DWJOBScom(m): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2013
caesaraba: This might just be the reason why I will vote for GEJ in 2015. It's not just to answer the name "opposition" abeg. I will weigh the two devils and pick the lesser one. Simple!

if the opposition are so desperate to get power to the extent that they can absorb the entire PDP minus the name and logo, then.........
Pally u be the man of the week
caesaraba: This might just be the reason why I will vote for GEJ in 2015. It's not just to answer the name "opposition" abeg. I will weigh the two devils and pick the lesser one. Simple!

if the opposition are so desperate to get power to the extent that they can absorb the entire PDP minus the name and logo, then.........
Pally u be the man of the week

Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by 2mch(m): 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
PDP goons are highly desperate ans scared on this thread. The new tactic is to say APC and PDP are now the same. So we might as well vote PDP. Well, we tried PDP, nothing to show for it. Only poverty, No infrastructure, no adequate educational standard, zero healthcare, zero security. All those funds, looted. Even pensions. What do we call PDP? The most lecherous and poisonous party. Now we will try APC and see the difference. Under Buhari, I think they will perform significantly better. And all those looters over the years have a lot to be afraid of. Including Jonathan. Once Buhari is in, OBJ, Jonathan the 40laptops will end up in jail.hahahahahahaha. We are ready to change Nigeria in 2015. Nothing can stop this hurricane. I predict $100 trillion being recovered.
Re: 12 PDP Governors May Join APC by olumidaie(m): 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
Gen. Orumov:
They shouldn't bother to join. "We" don't need them. "We" don't need moles that will ruin our dreams of a new and changed Nigeria by the wrestling of power from People Destroying People party.
a TYPICAL NIGERIAN. the electorate ought not to be partisan but YOU are alrready claiming a party. Do you want a 1 party system on have you heard americans claiming they are republicals or democrats? These are the reasons why Nigeria fails

HURIWA Tells Imo Traditional Rulers To Resign / Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government / Hon. Ben Nwankwo Recognized As Honorary Citizen Of Awka Ancient Kingdom

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64