Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Niger Bridge Is Falling! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bridge Is Falling! (19556 Views)

The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse / Third Mainland Bridge Is Vibrating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
I don't understand this government phrase of there is no MONEY! If money has finished in our CBN reserve, then Goodluck should order CBN governor Sanusi to print more money na...is it not to get plain sheet of paper, cut am, design am and bring am come out give contractors to do our bridge

All these new generation presidents self, I was wondering when Greece said their money is finished to pay people, come on, is your Central Bank on fire that it can't print more money for the nationgrin

If its paper or printer wahala, we get melina tree plenty for my village to use make pulp paper na...and Heideberg printer still plenty for marketgrin

CBN print more money for us jareh and pay contractors to do our bridges n roadsgrin
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by luluosas(m): 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
I hope the governments are watching and reading these news ooooooooo.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by fluxbush(f): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
Aafulenu: i dont knw the bridge u guys are talking abt here, is it the one i just passed on my way back from work? the same one that has heavy traffic right nw? the same one with more than two lanes of cars?
granted, we need anoda bridge, but to say the present bridge is abt to fall is a complete white lie.
You are the kinda person that will see an elephant in his sitting room and pretend it isnt there. Maybe you'll believe the bridge is a calamity waiting to happen when you find yourself in the river,weighed down by the heavy falling stones.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by guttentag(m): 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
Malawian: water will find its level joor. if the bridge collapses, igbos will go down to south south and connect to wherever they are going. all those times those eastern roads were cut off during the military era due to erosion and stuff, were we not coming and going? na una go suffer am pass. if igboman use 10k instead of5k to reach im villa, una go pay for am when una come im shop come buy any. stifling the igbo will only stifle you guys as well. my own is that may God not allow me be on that bridge whenever it caves in. not my portion IJN.

Hahhaha... U dey fear?
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by fkaz(m): 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2013
Don't worry, it will be included in next year budget,
For 2015 campaign
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by emiye(m): 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
Where is insincere9gerian ?
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
Wats wit dis prejudicial discrimination of igbos by nairalanders sef. Am beginning to find it irritating, u have an issue nd instead of giving suggestions, u re making stupid remarks about d east. Mtschew
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by adesharon1: 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
Something need to be done urgently.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
Toaskarity: Common brigde! Are we this poor! Brigde a village here can pay and build a new one in weeks!! Shame on anambra state govt! Shame on the so called rich ppl in onitsha! Shame at the ppl of asaba and their govt!!!! Tufia!! Are ppl really waiting for fed govt to build a new one!
What's wrong in taking care of urself? Assuming no one else has brain inthat part of the country,lemme suggest one. Why not both state govt come together and build a new d brigde then tax any plate number that isn't from both state that uses the Bridge even the city of asab and onitsha can do this without any external help!!...
Only if u've never seen d bridge in question in ur life will u sit behind ur chinco phone to type such a ridiculous comment. Mr Oga, no State can build such a MASSIVE BRIDGE or do u think it's jst like a bridge to ur village?
Man, it spans almost half a Kilometre long & almost same high -All Steel. We are talking $billion Dollars here(embezzlement apart).
I'm nt 4rm SS/SE but you can't blame those State govts, only d FG can embark on such a project.
If u're not sure of something, must u talk!?
You ar a local, i don't need 2 be told u and d pple who liked ur comment hv never been 2 d East. D day u'll pass on that bridge u'll swallow ur vomit.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by opribo(m): 9:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
Since when did river Niger turn to a common bridge the only steel bridge in Africa. If you have not seen the bridge we are talking about you better ask your seniors. This government is irresponsible they wont build new ones and they wont repair the old ones built by other visionary leaders. Let them be stealing money one day they will all vanish like the wind.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Gooogle(m): 9:59pm On Feb 09, 2013
tonyfrenzy:
Only if u've never seen d bridge in question in ur life will u sit behind ur chinco phone to type such a ridiculous comment. Mr Oga, no State can build such a MASSIVE BRIDGE or do u think it's jst like a bridge to ur village?
Man, it spans almost half a Kilometre long & almost same high -All Steel. We are talking $billion Dollars here(embezzlement apart).
I'm nt 4rm SS/SE but you can't blame those State govts, only d FG can embark on such a project.
If u're not sure of something, must u talk!?
You ar a local, i don't need 2 be told u and d pple who liked ur comment hv never been 2 d East. D day u'll pass on that bridge u'll swallow ur vomit.

What is in the bridge that you are shouting. A very modern design and construction would cost far less than been speculated. You think it is all about the size of the iron beams. Corruption will not allow them do what they should do until the bridge collapses then we ll see what Nigerians are made of
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Dee60: 10:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
State of the Niger, state of the nation!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
Toaskarity: Common brigde! Are we this poor! Brigde a village here can pay and build a new one in weeks!! Shame on anambra state govt! Shame on the so called rich ppl in onitsha! Shame at the ppl of asaba and their govt!!!! Tufia!! Are ppl really waiting for fed govt to build a new one!
What's wrong in taking care of urself? Assuming no one else has brain inthat part of the country,lemme suggest one. Why not both state govt come together and build a new d brigde then tax any plate number that isn't from both state that uses the Bridge even the city of asab and onitsha can do this without any external help!! What exactly are the leaders in nigeria doing?? Do they just go to office,gossip and home??
why would d ppl pay for it.When they already pay tax.That is d point of paying tax.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by sylmahoney: 10:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
toskarity u r an idiot, is it only anambrarians dat access d bridge, fool
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by zuchyblink(m): 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2013
second civil war looming!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
What's wrong in taking care of urself? Assuming no one else has brain inthat part of the country,lemme suggest one. Why not both state govt come together and build a new d brigde then tax any plate number that isn't from both state that uses the Bridge even the city of asab and onitsha can do this without any external help!! What exactly are the leaders in nigeria doing?? Do they just go to office,gossip and home??

Rantings of someone who has never crossed Mowe. If you have ever been to that part, you will know the size of the bridge and know that it will cost several billions. Do you think you can just get up and build or develop any FG property/territory without appropriate approval? What is the allocation to Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo and Abia states combined for them to afford such a humongous project? If the 5 states build and operate the bridge, it is still you and I that will complain about paying tolls there. How will the revenue from tolls be shared bearing in mind that Anambra stands to benefit more from its construction due to its highly commercial/industrialized environment? Given the Nigerian factor, the bridge will cost upwards of 5 times the normal cost. Whoever built that bridge tried as it is very strong and sees little maintenance. If any other bridge with similar length built in Nigeria in the last 30 years sees the kind of traffic that bridge sees on a daily basis, I believe it would have collapsed long ago.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by advocate666: 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2013
Please Satan I implore you, let that accursed bridge fall. Please let it fall. Help it to fall. Send your angels to push it. Please! Please! Please!

Let the bridge fall so that we can rebuild the port in the east and abandon apapa. Let the economy come back to east. We can only get stronger with the fall of that bridge. Airport and seaport.

My Anioma borthers don't worry. We cannot 4get you. Igbos are igbos. After the disintegration we will reunite in the new Alaigbo. Fall, bridge fall.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Feraz(m): 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2013
I noticed the one way traffic last year december while going home but didn't know it was tied to the vibrations on the bridge..... I just hope something can be done about this cos imagining the casualties that will follow with the collapse of the bridge is horrific....then again, anyone with the history of the bridge, can you provide a link here cos wiki didn't give much information......
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by noblejazz(m): 10:51pm On Feb 09, 2013

you just proved ur level of insensibility....... better tell that to all the northern states that created Boko Haram to chase them away.when that is done with a proven success,then Anambra and Asaba the state capital will embark on building a New Niger Bridge that is serving the 98% of eastern Nigeria.. Illiterate like you!!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by nnamdibig(m): 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
our reactive president will do nothing until the brigde collapse then he will set up a commette of mostly northerner to investigate what hapened to a bridge of 48 years old without maintenance.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by redsun(m): 10:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
Aafulenu: i dont knw the bridge u guys are talking abt here, is it the one i just passed on my way back from work? the same one that has heavy traffic right nw? the same one with more than two lanes of cars?
granted, we need anoda bridge, but to say the present bridge is abt to fall is a complete white lie.

You can't see the damages with a lay person's eyes. That bridge has a life span and capacity,if it exceeds them,it becomes a death trap.

And going by nigeria's lack of maintainence culture and gross negligence,that bridge has longer gone past it use by date.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
Niger Bridge is falling down.
falling down. falling down.
Niger bridge is falling down.
My dark lady.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Jeflox: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hmmm...God 4bid,it wont collapse bikokwa. Corpers in d house,make una take am as una cds....lol. God bless naija
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by jkross(m): 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
bros no be canal Õoooº°˚
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by KnowAll(m): 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=14pt]The money James Ibori misappropiated and d money DR. Know-nothing Uduahan is spending on phoney projects is enough to build 4 crossings across the river Niger. Why are the Governors in that zone intellectually lazy, whoever builds that bridge would have secured an everlasting fortune for himself, state or company, d bridge as it were already enjoys d facade of been a monopolistic route to d SE, collectingt tolls on such a road is tantamount to printing money.

I cannot believe in my widest imagination that Anambra folks who are said to be one of the most acute business men in Nigeria are blind to this fortune steering them in d face, they cannot see this money spinner waiting to be tapped. If no one wants to build another bridge, probably I with my limited knowledge in business had better go and seek syndicated loans from some local and foreign banks and get on with d project like a venture capitalist. undecided[/size]

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Donchyke39(m): 11:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
freedom of speech,I don't blame you,are you a learner?
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by citizenY(m): 11:12pm On Feb 09, 2013
What a shame....economic arteries being neglected reflect the callousness of our politicians. The same applies to road infrastrcture to and from our ports.

If they could just postpone road construction in Abuja for one year, our major trade routes... from Lagos to Ibadan, Shagamu eastwards, zIbadan to Jebba and Kaduna,etc could be constructed

With 10 aircraft in the presidential fleet and the entire air and naval fleet at their disposal, ehat do you expect?
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by dival247(m): 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
The Niger Bridge cost Pound sterling £5 million to build. Construction of the bridge was completed in December 1965 ,and the leave of the corruption in this country is not up to this , build another bridge will cost about 500 billion
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by manny4life(m): 11:47pm On Feb 09, 2013
dival247: The Niger Bridge cost Pound sterling £5 million to build. Construction of the bridge was completed in December 1965 ,and the leave of the corruption in this country is not up to this , build another bridge will cost about 500 billion

Not exactly true sir, N500 billion naira? That's excessively too much.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by cdoffx(m): 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2013
I'm even less particular about the millions that would be lost in economic transactions if the bridge collapse but rather the number of lives that will be lost.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 10, 2013
The state of negligence of infrastructure in the country is appalling. The conditions upon which many things are operated are absolutely dangerous. There is need for change in people mentality and the leaders to be transparent in their jobs to help build a better Nigeria.

One thing that baffles me the most is that people don't want to hear about the truth. I keep asking myself. Why does it hurt Nigerians so much to face reality and fight for what is right? Jeez!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Lists Atiku’s Priorities, Says Nigeria Will Be Reunited / Presidential/ NASS Polls: We’re Disappointed, Afenifere, PANDEF, Others Fume / Buhari, Not Tinubu Chose Gbajabiamila For Speaker - El-Rufai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.