Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Niger Bridge Is Falling! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bridge Is Falling! (19552 Views)

The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / Onitsha Bridge Is Vibrating And May Collapse / Third Mainland Bridge Is Vibrating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by dayokanu(m): 3:26am On Feb 10, 2013
After all those those 98% votes for Retardeen nothing to show for it
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by calcal: 3:46am On Feb 10, 2013
Niger bridge is falling - the first thing suppose to be photo - show the pix.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by tutu1: 4:11am On Feb 10, 2013
Why cant they buy a ferry to carry car across instead of putting all the cars on the road.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 5:40am On Feb 10, 2013
Toaskarity: Common brigde! Are we this poor! Brigde a village here can pay and build a new one in weeks!! Shame on anambra state govt! Shame on the so called rich ppl in onitsha! Shame at the ppl of asaba and their govt!!!! Tufia!! Are ppl really waiting for fed govt to build a new one!
What's wrong in taking care of urself? Assuming no one else has brain inthat part of the country,lemme suggest one. Why not both state govt come together and build a new d brigde then tax any plate number that isn't from both state that uses the Bridge even the city of asab and onitsha can do this without any external help!! What exactly are the leaders in nigeria doing?? Do they just go to office,gossip and home??

Oga, we are talking of a brigde that can consume a state govt annual budget in building a new one.

FG should do something b4 i change my mind.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 10, 2013
trent9002: FRESH AIR

Yeah, GEJ haters. I havent 4gotten that OBJ also promised to build a 2nd bridge and fix the old one.

Promises on that bridge are over 15yrs old.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 10, 2013
Lol at all the curse laid on me, Firstly i dont give a fvk about that! I dont even read most of yall reply. Now to every one! Im no engineer but common sense can be applied here! also lol at ignorant fools saying i havent seen the brigde. i was born in fegge onitsha before my dad bought a street in nkpor where i spent 17yrs of my life,i probably have seen and pass thru that brigde than u noise makers plus i live in amelika ndi ara! this is not even longest brigde in nigeria we talking about either is it longest in africa so how long and how much is the brigde that an oil producing state asaba with the so called big onitsha cant afford to build a new one!! assuming if that bridge breaks tonight,who will die? you think its mr goodluck and family? hell naw!! instead its the ppl of anambra and asaba that will die and the citizen will suffer the hardship that will come after it! for goodness sake cant we use our brain? if the fed govt has been playing politics with it like some dickhead says does it mean we shld aswell play politics with our lives why dont we start somewhere, atleast let any of the govt do something, get private company to do it even if we are this broke! i swear some chinese company will be happy to do it and with their little brain find a way to get the money back in two yrs! ok this is not a good idea then someone shld come up with something!!! the two state are among top states that goes to school in nigeria and out of millions of them no one can come up with something then i guess the country is really a mess!! so the only alternative to saving ppl lives now is to wait for abuja to react? i mean think about it, since 92 i was born they keep saying the brigde will fall and i have never heard or see any govt that even try atleast to maintain a part of it or even do something! ok what about something like a rally? I mean somebody shld do something!! writing on page of newspapers everytime isnt working then do something! its your own! you property! your life! common dudes!!!!!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by okunoba(m): 6:21am On Feb 10, 2013
We need not look further than all the former and present Transport ministers who failed in their duties and responsibilities. I remember driving to Ota few months just after Pres Obasanjo just finished his 8th year rule, yet the road from lagos to his ota farm was in total disrepaire, well maybe the road is not as important as the Niger bridge but at least one gets the picture of the sort of environment we live in, people in power just don`t care. We all know how important the Niger bridge is, that is the only link connection the west to the east, for me its a shame, we should be celebrating at least 10 years of a second niger bridge by now. Those that rule us have failed miserably, lets be honest and accept they are from the four corners of the federation. We are being led by the blind, Name and shame all the transport ministers of the past 25 years, they are responsible. We are sometimes too quick to turn the collective shame of of are leaders irrespective of origin into an ethnic finger pointing. .
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Hardfact: 6:33am On Feb 10, 2013
The Niger Bridge is falling,
David Mark is busy talking,
and the Nigerian govt is too busy watching.
Building a Second Niger Bridge, another worthy promise/project GEJ led FG's seem cut out not to fulfil/carry out.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Symphony007: 7:22am On Feb 10, 2013
The national assembly is clamouring for new niger bridge and fourth mainland bridge, where do the think the money is coming from when they claim for themeselves 25% of the budget. I'm just looking at nigeria and laughing, we think we're beyond a fiscal crisis, government borrowing in growing, we're spending more than we take in. Nigeria is running deficit budget..the bubble is growing!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by temhab(f): 7:29am On Feb 10, 2013
FG will not do it cos dey all hv private jet so they can die inside :PFG
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Yazmin: 7:39am On Feb 10, 2013
Toaskarity: Lol at all the curse laid on me, Firstly i dont give a fvk about that! I dont even read most of yall reply. Now to every one! Im no engineer but common sense can be applied here! also lol at ignorant fools saying i havent seen the brigde. i was born in fegge onitsha before my dad bought a street in nkpor where i spent 17yrs of my life,i probably have seen and pass thru that brigde than u noise makers plus i live in amelika ndi ara! this is not even longest brigde in nigeria we talking about either is it longest in africa so how long and how much is the brigde that an oil producing state asaba with the so called big onitsha cant afford to build a new one!! assuming if that bridge breaks tonight,who will die? you think its mr goodluck and family? hell naw!! instead its the ppl of anambra and asaba that will die and the citizen will suffer the hardship that will come after it! for goodness sake cant we use our brain? if the fed govt has been playing politics with it like some dickhead says does it mean we shld aswell play politics with our lives why dont we start somewhere, atleast let any of the govt do something, get private company to do it even if we are this broke! i swear some chinese company will be happy to do it and with their little brain find a way to get the money back in two yrs! ok this is not a good idea then someone shld come up with something!!! the two state are among top states that goes to school in nigeria and out of millions of them no one can come up with something then i guess the country is really a mess!! so the only alternative to saving ppl lives now is to wait for abuja to react? i mean think about it, since 92 i was born they keep saying the brigde will fall and i have never heard or see any govt that even try atleast to maintain a part of it or even do something! ok what about something like a rally? I mean somebody shld do something!! writing on page of newspapers everytime isnt working then do something! its your own! you property! your life! common dudes!!!!!

Broda abeg cool down, u r right sha, but 'Asaba' isn't a state , 'Delta' is...asaba is the capital(for the sake of the street your father bought in onitsha abi na nkpor),make govt no seize am,biko,ndo!!!!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Yazmin: 7:39am On Feb 10, 2013
Toaskarity: Lol at all the curse laid on me, Firstly i dont give a fvk about that! I dont even read most of yall reply. Now to every one! Im no engineer but common sense can be applied here! also lol at ignorant fools saying i havent seen the brigde. i was born in fegge onitsha before my dad bought a street in nkpor where i spent 17yrs of my life,i probably have seen and pass thru that brigde than u noise makers plus i live in amelika ndi ara! this is not even longest brigde in nigeria we talking about either is it longest in africa so how long and how much is the brigde that an oil producing state asaba with the so called big onitsha cant afford to build a new one!! assuming if that bridge breaks tonight,who will die? you think its mr goodluck and family? hell naw!! instead its the ppl of anambra and asaba that will die and the citizen will suffer the hardship that will come after it! for goodness sake cant we use our brain? if the fed govt has been playing politics with it like some dickhead says does it mean we shld aswell play politics with our lives why dont we start somewhere, atleast let any of the govt do something, get private company to do it even if we are this broke! i swear some chinese company will be happy to do it and with their little brain find a way to get the money back in two yrs! ok this is not a good idea then someone shld come up with something!!! the two state are among top states that goes to school in nigeria and out of millions of them no one can come up with something then i guess the country is really a mess!! so the only alternative to saving ppl lives now is to wait for abuja to react? i mean think about it, since 92 i was born they keep saying the brigde will fall and i have never heard or see any govt that even try atleast to maintain a part of it or even do something! ok what about something like a rally? I mean somebody shld do something!! writing on page of newspapers everytime isnt working then do something! its your own! you property! your life! common dudes!!!!!

Broda abeg cool down, u r right sha, but 'Asaba' isn't a state , 'Delta' is...asaba is the capital(for the sake of the street your father bought in onitsha abi na nkpor),make govt no seize am,biko,ndo!!!!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by seanet01: 7:43am On Feb 10, 2013
emiye: Where is insincere9gerian ?
He doesn't contribute to this kind of debate.
A failed Medical Doctor.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nelson11: 9:09am On Feb 10, 2013
chei naija only one common brigde na him we dey cry 4 wen we cn those flops on top cn jst snap their hand nd a new brigde wil be there in one week..................where are we headind to
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Briggsdnero(m): 9:33am On Feb 10, 2013
shut up frnds nd stop putting d blame on anambra state govt. Dat bridge is a federal way nt of d states. Besides d federal govt has spent a whole lot of millions on dat bridge also diaz a lot of evil on dat water disturbing d bridge
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 10, 2013
I passed dat bridge dis december, it actually creaks anytym a car passes across. Twas scary walai. I know some of d anti gejs have already started blaming jonathan. When d governor has not informed d federal government, am sure dis issue has not even come up for discussion in the house of reps. Evrybody is too busy with subsidy, boko haram, power suPply and MERGERS, even if it has, it pales in comparison to all dis BIGGER issues.Do u expect jonah d man to come nd inspect d niger bridge when he probably hasn't travelled across it since he stopped putting on bathroom slippers?? Nairalander..... Be fair nd objective in ur criticism. Very soon u guys would start blaming jonathan for not tarring or filling up d portholes in your streets.lolzzz. Or even cementing ur compounds nd plastering ur walls. Nawaoooh. Anyway, dis is a wake-up call.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by snowprince01(m): 9:45am On Feb 10, 2013
Anything dat will happen let it happen... We only die once.. If d bridge like let it evaporate, e no concern me. Let's first solve d un employment issue nd security. If d bridge collapse we will resort to using boats to cross nd believe me it will be a good view, nonsense
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by ajadek(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2013
Justosaus:
Guy its not as easy as u think o. We're talking of a bridge of about N100bilion here, don't think there's any 'village' in the world that can do that. But on a more serious note sha, i think the federal goverment is just playing politics with the whole issue. Or maybe there's a plot somewhere to allow d bridge collapse, cutting off the east in the process
even if any rich or state govt intend to put their money,fg will never allowed them,all in d name of political beleived,example ikorodu to ishagam rooad,this lafarge cement company have write to fg to do the road bt nt allowe them,
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by milkymesh: 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2013
You don,t have to be an engineer to know the bridge is collapse, but only a fool will know the bridge is on the verge of collapse. I live in onitsha and travel to Asaba everytime. Ibo's are overly concern with money and business to the deteriment of other important things. CAN,T THE FIVE EASTERN STATE TAKE IT AS A CHALLENGE. Mount pressure on FG? Rather they are there playing politics with millions of lives,i.e Ibo and non-IBO,S. Can,t d five state govt start the project with a view of recouping from FG? Mtcheew!
Aafulenu: i dont knw the bridge u guys are talking abt here, is it the one i just passed on my way back from work? the same one that has heavy traffic right nw? the same one with more than two lanes of cars?
granted, we need anoda bridge, but to say the present bridge is abt to fall is a complete white lie.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by fulfillment2020(m): 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2013
milkymesh: You don,t have to be an engineer to know the bridge is collapse, but only a fool will know the bridge is on the verge of collapse. I live in onitsha and travel to Asaba everytime. Ibo's are overly concern with money and business to the deteriment of other important things. CAN,T THE FIVE EASTERN STATE TAKE IT AS A CHALLENGE. Mount pressure on FG? Rather they are there playing politics with millions of lives,i.e Ibo and non-IBO,S. Can,t d five state govt start the project with a view of recouping from FG? Mtcheew!
milkymesh: You don,t have to be an engineer to know the bridge is collapse, but only a fool will know the bridge is on the verge of collapse. I live in onitsha and travel to Asaba everytime. Ibo's are overly concern with money and business to the deteriment of other important things. CAN,T THE FIVE EASTERN STATE TAKE IT AS A CHALLENGE. Mount pressure on FG? Rather they are there playing politics with millions of lives,i.e Ibo and non-IBO,S. Can,t d five state govt start the project with a view of recouping from FG? Mtcheew!

You are a big fool. Do you think such project is what a state/states can embark on? Do you know the number of times promises have been made by previous administrations about erecting a second Niger Bridge? It is better to shut up if you dont have anything meaningful to contribute than spewing the above thrash.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
fulfillment2020:

You are a big fool. Do you think such project is what a state/states can embark on? Do you know the number of times promises have been made by previous administrations about erecting a second Niger Bridge? It is better to shut up if you dont have anything meaningful to contribute than spewing the above thrash.

Sounds to me like you're the big fool.

What kind of bridge is it that the States of Anambra and Delta can't embark on? Both states are wealthy in both in human,financial and natural resources, the bridge serves a greater economic importance to the SE and Onitsha in particular. Again, why can't they embark on it?

There are tens of thousands of cars, buses, trucks, etc moving hundreds of thousands if not million of people by the day. If you toll the bridge over a period of 10 years to recoup the cost, wouldn't it pay itself?
Re: Niger Bridge Is Falling! by Aafulenu(f): 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2013

i think u are the bigger fool here, if the bridge is colapsed as u say then hw did u get to asaba? i guess u used a speed boat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omojuwa's Tweets On The Reinstatement And Sack Of Maina / Voter Apathy Marks Start Of Lagos East Senatorial Bye-Election / MKO Abiola’s Last Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.