Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:40 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (663417 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
i greet this great house,the members and everyone,may God continue to bless all of you as u profer candid advice on UAE.i intend relocating to DUBAI,i am engineer with expertise in the automobile industry,would like to get a link to automobile companies jobs over there?anyone with any good link or advice on how to go about it?i will really appreciate ur reply.i greet u
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 2:57am On Sep 24, 2013
Lmao...someone just pointed a loaded Glock on his own head grin grin grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 24, 2013
@Jeffc4real................................l guess you are new here and perhaps doesnt know how things are done here, this is a DO IT YOURSELF THREAD (DIY), if your intention is to travel to the UAE, contact etihad or emirates airlines and get your 1month visit/tourist visa, make sure you tell them you need the one that is extendable when it expires in the UAE, arrive Dubai, network properly and search for job yourself, but, have it at the back of your mind that , you NEED TO COME WITH ENOUGH CASH to survive Dubai to avoid been stranded here, and if Qatar is your dreamland, you MUST BE SPONSORED BY A COMPANY FROM QATAR, currently, there seems to be an embargo on the 5yr Qatar work visa against Nigerians, but, that does not mean you cannot secure it,but, it will be expensive and you need a trusted family member to assist/stand between you and the company in Qatar, finally, because of the WICKED ACTIVITIES of agents both online and offline, I WILL SUGGEST THAT YOU NEVER GIVE YOUR MONEY TO ANYBODY (WHOM YOU DO NOT TRUST OR KNOW VERY WELL) WHETHER ONLINE IN THIS FORUM OR OFFLINE TO ASSIST YOU IN VISA ISSUES.goodluck and wish you all the best.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yinkagbo(m): 5:41am On Sep 24, 2013
grin
ogakpatakpata: @alutaa..............thought provoking insight from you and well delivered, thanks grin grin

@ogapak,justi,alutaa ,hemrito and others thanks so much....I really appreciate your kind words ,may God in his infinite mercy take us to greater place...
@alutaa,.Am saying it again and again,don't go and give an agent 500,650k and 700 above just because he or she promise u job.....those agent are full of dissapointment and are heartless
"if u must travel by all means then consult your spiritual man.." That was my last statement.......
@dr.dre,coming to the advance country is part of education it self,and taking a risk in life is good thing,but must be a calculated one....I have never bin born from rich home and struggle from the day I was born to as at today that am writting you...it is so annoying and painful to see fellow struggling buddies been scam....haba.. honestly I have seen almost 20persons here that spent over 700 to come here and they are even still spending.....when I spoke to some...they told me they don't have choice to be going back to nigeria becos thr visa will soon kallas.....- am still repeating it.....don't let any agent use sugar coated mouth to scope u to collect 500k,600k and 700k above from u.as it is easy to lose ur money in any business in nigeria,so as it is easy to lose your money to dis so call agent that changed thr name to otunba and senator,pls do ur math before u leave nigeria and consult your spiritual man before u leave....
I don't even know why am saying dis...may be out of sympathy or empathy sha.....I know of two other guys that was sent to kenya for exit,they spent 8months thr in kenya waiting and hoping thr visa will be out...they have to re enter dubai with another tourist visa...oh my God...come and see those guys.....they are tin like broom stickgrin........oga,justi,aluta,dr dre,hemrito and others...max salute to u all.......something inside of u guys that is so strong... "if u must travel by all means then consult your spiritual man.."
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 24, 2013
@hugochris....................there are so many automoblie companies in the UAE; but, l will recommend this one for you AL-FUTTAIM and there website is www.afuturewithus.com, they are very good and one of the best in automobile business in the UAE, my organisation does business with them, they have good benefits/packages for there workers, l hope you get a job with them , you wont regret it, l also have some cameroonian engineers working with them, give them a trial, register through their jobsites and take it from there........goodluck..

hugochris: i greet this great house,the members and everyone,may God continue to bless all of you as u profer candid advice on UAE.i intend relocating to DUBAI,i am engineer with expertise in the automobile industry,would like to get a link to automobile companies jobs over there?anyone with any good link or advice on how to go about it?i will really appreciate ur reply.i greet u
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yinkagbo(m): 5:45am On Sep 24, 2013
olafash: @Yinkagbo n @Finecheek! God ll definitely see U 2ru! All u need is God's favour! U ll both jubilate vry soon! @ ogakpatakpata, n evryone in d house, d Gud Lord ll cont 2 bless u guys!!!
Thanks and u too
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:16am On Sep 24, 2013
hugochris: i greet this great house,the members and everyone,may God continue to bless all of you as u profer candid advice on UAE.i intend relocating to DUBAI,i am engineer with expertise in the automobile industry,would like to get a link to automobile companies jobs over there?anyone with any good link or advice on how to go about it?i will really appreciate ur reply.i greet u

Go to
www.careerjet.ae
www.nabooda-auto.com
www.naukrigulf.com
www.dubai-forever.com
ahlanjobs.com

They all have sections for automobile jobs, just do your search well and apply frequently to open opportunities. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:51am On Sep 24, 2013
@Jeffc4real

Did you read first page of this thread?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2013
justwise: @Jeffc4real

@Am convinced that he didnt read it before posting.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2013
@Justwise...................l guess he is a newbie; he will certainly take precautions.

justwise: @Jeffc4real

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kwammy5000(m): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2013
Ok, am new here and I've d post from page 1 up to here, its not easy at all but I got all d info I want about Dubai and Qatar.
Now I' m interested in Dubai but d problem I have is that I know no one there and I believe with this forum I can get info or contacts on how I can get accomodation, courses to study, jobs etc. But d most important is a reliable contacts in Dubai.
Experts, kindly asssit me and as u do God will continue to bless u.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2013
@kwammy5000.......................for your visa contact etihad airlines with this number 081 2911 2358 , 081291123 48, ask them for 1 month visit/tourist visa which is extendable in-case it expires before you secure a job, for accommodation once you secure your visa, any member of this forum can guide you on how to get a shared accommodation on arrival in the UAE, it is not a big deal, for jobs , like you said you have read through the thread, you will need to do proper networking+ put your ears down for walk-ins-interviews+ HOLD ENOUGH CASH BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT BECAUSE FOR SOME JOBS YOU WILL HAVE TO GREASE THE PALMS OF SOME HR's who are mostly Indians+ submit your Cv's to so many jobsites in the UAE,check the thread, we have posted so many+ believe in yourself and don't allow the negative/sad stories of others discourage you, we all have different STARS, DESTINIES & GLORY + pray to whatever you do believe in..............goodluck..

kwammy5000: Ok, am new here and I've d post from page 1 up to here, its not easy at all but I got all d info I want about Dubai and Qatar.
Now I' m interested in Dubai but d problem I have is that I know no one there and I believe with this forum I can get info or contacts on how I can get accomodation, courses to study, jobs etc. But d most important is a reliable contacts in Dubai.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kwammy5000(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @kwammy5000.......................for your visa contact etihad airlines with this number 081 2911 2358 , 081291123 48, ask them for 1 month visit/tourist visa which is extendable in-case it expires before you secure a job, for accommodation once you secure your visa, any member of this forum can guide you on how to get a shared accommodation on arrival in the UAE, it is not a big deal, for jobs , like you said you have read through the thread, you will need to do proper networking+ put your ears down for walk-ins-interviews+ HOLD ENOUGH CASH BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT BECAUSE FOR SOME JOBS YOU WILL HAVE TO GREASE THE PALMS OF SOME HR's who are mostly Indians+ submit your Cv's to so many jobsites in the UAE,check the thread, we have posted so many+ believe in yourself and don't allow the negative/sad stories of others discourage you, we all have different STARS, DESTINIES & GLORY + pray to whatever you do believe in..............goodluck..

Thanks my broda, u've said it all but for shared accomodation, like how much do u think I can budget for one month also for jobs, like how much do I need to pay them to get one. Thanks soooo much.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2013
kwammy5000: Ok, am new here and I've d post from page 1 up to here, its not easy at all but I got all d info I want about Dubai and Qatar.
Yea its not easy but its a good thing you have done the most important thing before making more enquiries but you didn't mention if you are coming in search for a job or just for vacation,if you are coming in search of job visit preferably etihad or emirates for your visa issues and ticket and your problems will be tackled amicably. As for your accommodation, it depends on your pocket, if you decide or budget 40k downwards, you should be looking at 6 to 8 persions occupying the room with you, it depends with the number of persons you want in the room. The Fewer the people in the room, the more cost you would be pay. So its advisable to come with enough money so that you can be comfortable. And its advisable for you to get a room with wi-fi so you can apply for jobs frequently if you have a laptop.
Note: 1month Extendable visa if you are coming to search for job here.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 24, 2013
Depending on the number of people in the room, average per month is about $200, but, be ready to share with 8 or more guys in the apartment,but, if you want to share with few people in the apartment, you will pay more. For jobs, like l said before, l cannot fix any amount because l am not the one to employ you, hope you read what one of our forumites said 2days ago, he said his family members where asked to pay 2000dhs as settlement, in some cases you might pay more than that, it boils down to your middle man or link,but, please hold enough cash, if l am in your shoes, and l know l will settle with 2000dhs, l will hold either twice or thrice that amount to be on the safer side, UAE is damn expensive and once you are here, nobody is ready to help you when you are stranded, except by the grace of God.....................good luck.

kwammy5000:
Thanks my broda, u've said it all but for shared accomodation, like how much do u think I can budget for one month also for jobs, like how much do I need to pay them to get one. Thanks soooo much.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kwammy5000(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Depending on the number of people in the room, average per month is about $200, but, be ready to share with 8 or more guys in the apartment,but, if you want to share with few people in the apartment, you will pay more. For jobs, like l said before, l cannot fix any amount because l am not the one to employ you, hope you read what one of our forumites said 2days ago, he said his family members where asked to pay 2000dhs as settlement, in some cases you might pay more than that, it boils down to your middle man or link,but, please hold enough cash, if l am in your shoes, and l know l will settle with 2000dhs, l will hold either twice or thrice that amount to be on the safer side, UAE is damn expensive and once you are here, nobody is ready to help you when you are stranded, except by the grace of God.....................good luck.

Thanks house its been helpful, pls how much is 2000dhs in naira or dollars ?

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2013
2000dhs is about 88,000naira= 548 dollars

[quote author=kwammy5000][/quote]
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
@ kwammy5000
Good afternoon. Got ur mail but sorry, I don't really do private email anymore from this thread. Besides, I'm not in the best position to help on Dubai matters and whatever thing u wanted to discuss has been thrashed over and over by people on ground in the UAE. All the best.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kwammy5000(m): 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ kwammy5000
Good afternoon. Got ur mail but sorry, I don't really do private email anymore from this thread. Besides, I'm not in the best position to help on Dubai matters and whatever thing u wanted to discuss has been thrashed over and over by people on ground in the UAE. All the best.

Yes right, thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by gauche: 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hello All!
I have been following this forum for a while as i intend to move to dubai to get a job. Please can anyone just hint at what job prospects could be like for a media graduate with an american degree?

secondly, I've heard of shared accommodation but around how much would it cost to share with just one female? or get a private room in a shared apartment?

thanks in advance!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
@gauche..........................there are opportunities for you as long as you do all that has been enumerated on this thread by different forumites; your foreign degree will definitely be a plus for you,but, again, UAE/GCC EXPERIENCE is also a big factor in securing a fantastic offer, for private room or sharing with just one person, it depends on the location, if it is within Dubai, it will be very expensive but outside dubai like Sharjah, another emirate not too far from Dubai you can get something cheaper, l have a friend who works in Dubai but lives in sharjah, he pays 2000 dhs/per month for what we call a self-contain in Nigeria or studio/bachelor, everything inclusive like kitchen,bathroom and hydro/power.Hope this helps you.

gauche: Hello All!
I have been following this forum for a while as i intend to move to dubai to get a job. Please can anyone just hint at what job prospects could be like for a media graduate with an american degree?

secondly, I've heard of shared accommodation but around how much would it cost to share with just one female? or get a private room in a shared apartment?

thanks in advance!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
gauche: Hello All!

thanks in advance!
Check those job sites I have posted previously on the thread and search for the media section, you could get more hints and job ideas from there. There are numerous certifications that can really boost your career and help you make the difference. Certifications can help you get a better salary and greatly improve your career chances, especially if you do not have good gulf experience or higher education.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
Advices for UAE JOBS

Abu Dhabi’s jobs do not have a minimum salary. Your earnings depend on your contract with your company. Inexperienced employees generally work for 8-12 hours every day, and get around 8-14 US Dollars per hour. If you are not an Emirates citizen, your company will take care for you the residence visas and maybe the travel and housing expenses. Some companies also provide a family sponsorship visa.Most of the jobs in Emirates are contractual.This simply means that probably you will have a contract with duration from a few months to 1-2 years. This deal is attractive for most of the people because of the tax-free high salaries that go with jobs in UAE. Resume is another very important aspect. It is extremely important to make a professional resume.With its growing economy, Abu Dhabi’s offers
a lot of jobs in different sectors, like construction, oil and gas, health and social care, engineering and manufacturing, information technology and information services, teaching and
and education, energy, transport and logistics,business and management and many others.Abu Dhabi’s Job opportunities are literally endless. So, if you apply to the right employment agencies and remember the above advices, you will be offered many Abu Dhabi’s Jobs.Keep in mind also that it is a great thing to have some basic networking skills because those skills will help you make friends and increase your contacts, and this is also very helpful while you are looking for a job. Have faith and
be persistent because Abu Dhabi’s jobs are out there waiting for the right-skilled professional!!

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
Many thanks to all the people who have made this forum a success. There is something I am not sure of regarding visa extension. The fellow I spoke with on one of the airlines said they dont do visa extension. My question is can the visa be extended through the airlines - ethihad and emirates - if no how can it be extended? Is it advisable to apply for the visa online as they both airlines seem to have online facility to apply for visas
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
@Alec............if it is a visit visa, yes it can be extended through the airlines here in Dubai if it expires, but , let them know you want the one you can extend when it expires in the UAE, yes you can apply online,but, tourist visa cannot be extended, although, sometimes the whole visa category get confusing because you will never see on their visa anything like VISIT VISA, what you see is TOURIST VISA, and it applies to both VISIT & TOURIST VISA'S RESPECTIVELY.......

Alec: Many thanks to all the people who have made this forum a success. There is something I am not sure of regarding visa extension. The fellow I spoke with on one of the airlines said they dont do visa extension. My question is can the visa be extended through the airlines - ethihad and emirates - if no how can it be extended? Is it advisable to apply for the visa online as they both airlines seem to have online facility to apply for visas
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @Alec............if it is a visit visa, yes it can be extended through the airlines here in Dubai if it expires, but , let them know you want the one you can extend when it expires in the UAE, yes you can apply online,but, tourist visa cannot be extended, although, sometimes the whole visa category get confusing because you will never see on their visa anything like VISIT VISA, what you see is TOURIST VISA, and it applies to both VISIT & TOURIST VISA'S RESPECTIVELY.......

Thank you for your reply. Does that mean when applying for the visa online I can specify I need a visit visa rather than a tourist visa?

And also do I need to book hotel accommodation before applying for the visa? I know buying the flight ticket is compulsory

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 25, 2013
Yes; the point is even if you specify you need a visit visa, when the visa is issued you will never see the word VISIT VISA, but, make sure you get the one that is extendable on arrival, that is the most important key because not all the visa's are extendable. You don't need to book hotel accommodation before applying for the visa, after the visa you can make either 5 or 7 days hotel reservations through this site. www.hrs.com,.................Which airline are you using for the visa application?....if you are using emirate airline, it comes to Dubai directly, but, for etihad it goes to Abu-Dhabi and all passengers will disembark from the flight to be conveyed to Dubai by bus, although, it is a free ride and it takes between 1.45mins to 2 hrs maximum.......................goodluck.

Alec:

Thank you for your reply. Does that mean when applying for the visa online I can specify I need a visit visa rather than a tourist visa?

And also do I need to book hotel accommodation before applying for the visa? I know buying the flight ticket is compulsory

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Yes; the point is even if you specify you need a visit visa, when the visa is issued you will never see the word VISIT VISA, but, make sure you get the one that is extendable on arrival, that is the most important key because not all the visa's are extendable. You don't need to book hotel accommodation before applying for the visa, after the visa you can make either 5 or 7 days hotel reservations through this site. www.hrs.com,.................Which airline are you using for the visa application?....if you are using emirate airline, it comes to Dubai directly, but, for etihad it goes to Abu-Dhabi and all passengers will disembark from the flight to be conveyed to Dubai by bus, although, it is a free ride and it takes between 1.45mins to 2 hrs maximum.......................goodluck.

Many thanks for your reply, the information has really been very helpful

How much will a self contained apartment in dubai cost for a month, sorry for all the questions

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 25, 2013
@Alec...............No you are not bothering me, when you are well informed you are transformed, l have answered a similar question yesterday and here was my submission,for private room or sharing with just one person, it depends on the location, if it is within Dubai, it will be very expensive but outside dubai like Sharjah, another emirate not too far from Dubai you can get something cheaper, l have a friend who works in Dubai but lives in sharjah, he pays 2000 dhs/per month for what we call a self-contain in Nigeria or studio/bachelor, everything inclusive like kitchen,bathroom and hydro/power.Hope this helps you.

Alec:

Many thanks for your reply, the information has really been very helpful

How much will a self contained apartment in dubai cost for a month, sorry for all the questions
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @hugochris....................there are so many automoblie companies in the UAE; but, l will recommend this one for you AL-FUTTAIM and there website is www.afuturewithus.com, they are very good and one of the best in automobile business in the UAE, my organisation does business with them, they have good benefits/packages for there workers, l hope you get a job with them , you wont regret it, l also have some cameroonian engineers working with them, give them a trial, register through their jobsites and take it from there........goodluck..

thanks ogakpatakpata..God bless u

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 9:23am On Sep 25, 2013
justi4jesu:

Go to
www.careerjet.ae
www.nabooda-auto.com
www.naukrigulf.com
www.dubai-forever.com
ahlanjobs.com

They all have sections for automobile jobs, just do your search well and apply frequently to open opportunities. Goodluck

thanks justi4jesu..God bless u

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.