Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (659169 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pls House ,where in Dubai can one get a nice cheap hotel with a Budget of about $50-$60 per night? Even if its Bed and breakfast grin.Also while there i intend to do a little shopping too. where would be great to get nice shoes,clothes and phones at a moderate price. This is my first time in Dubai. I will be travelling on a tight budget.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
RICHIEBOI1: Pls House ,where in Dubai can one get a nice cheap hotel with a Budget of about $50-$60 per night? Even if its Bed and breakfast grin.Also while there i intend to do a little shopping too. where would be great to get nice shoes,clothes and phones at a moderate price. This is my first time in Dubai. I will be travelling on a tight budget.

You can't come to Dubai on a tight budget.

Prepare well before coming because this is what turns people into Teco because they use their last penny to come down here and at the End of the day they get disappionted and join the lots in Deira.

Budget from $80 per night and above for hotels around Deira.(blue diamond hotel, deira park hotel) atleast i know this they usually have breakfast.

Deira is the best place for cheap items and also inside the Malls they usually have Sales for Cheap but quality stuffs.

Goodluck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
justi4jesu:

You can't come to Dubai on a tight budget.

Prepare well before coming because this is what turns people into Teco because they use their last penny to come down here and at the End of the day they get disappionted and join the lots in Deira.

Budget from $80 per night and above for hotels around Deira.(blue diamond hotel, deira park hotel) atleast i know this they usually have breakfast.

Deira is the best place for cheap items and also inside the Malls they usually have Sales for Cheap but quality stuffs.

Goodluck

They get misinformed by the GREEDY LOTS that if they come here they will get a well paying job of five figures within very few days..so they spend all their money coming here. Dat is the problem.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 5:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hello house,
Pls i am in a dilemma,i need advice from experience Nigerians here in UAE,i am working in a private company owned by arab,but they have been making me work like Hebrew slave,i started working since february,i told them i want to quit since beginning of this month but they told me to pay for their visa,which is 3k dirhams,my basic wage is 1200 Aed,no how i can get that kind of money,they even make us(labour)work 9hours and again today my supervisor is forcing us to come work tomorrow which everybody know to be off here in UAE,for 6 hours,i am tired of working like a slave with no freedom,i am thinking of going to ministry of labour,but i someone told me its rare before a man can win complain at the ministry of labour,i even meet with the general manager that i have an emergency in my home country,he told me i should find some people that will sign for me that i will come back to resume my duty and if i don't come back the people will pay for my visa,pls i am a bit naive about UAE labour law,i need help.
Pls help a depressed brother out of this mess.........Dubai is not a rosy place,forget all what u hear about dubai,if u don't have a foreign certificate,they treat most blacks like slave,most jobs are hard,intending Nigerians that want to leave nigeria to come here for greener pasture should have enough money or secure job before leaving..Just my 2cent. I am patiently waiting for advice from this forum.
Thanks in advance
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by HAH: 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2014
RICHIEBOI1: Pls House ,where in Dubai can one get a nice cheap hotel with a Budget of about $50-$60 per night? Even if its Bed and breakfast grin.Also while there i intend to do a little shopping too. where would be great to get nice shoes,clothes and phones at a moderate price. This is my first time in Dubai. I will be travelling on a tight budget.

Check Al andalus hotel their rate is 150 aed which is about $50, it it located in a crowded deira on al sabkha road near firdausi hotel, the rooms are queit okay for those trvalling on budget but there is no breakfast. If you are not ok with it check around that area you will surely get a room for your budget, also call them before you go there as they may be fully booked,search their name on the internet get their phone number and call them for reservation.

Another option for you is use booking.com or any other site, personally I always use them for my booking anywhere in the world with my GTbank mastercard . Then make search for you budget hotel
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
eazylion01: Hello house,
Pls i am in a dilemma,i need advice from experience Nigerians here in UAE,i am working in a private company owned by arab,but they have been making me work like Hebrew slave,i started working since february,i told them i want to quit since beginning of this month but they told me to pay for their visa,which is 3k dirhams,my basic wage is 1200 Aed,no how i can get that kind of money,they even make us(labour)work 9hours and again today my supervisor is forcing us to come work tomorrow which everybody know to be off here in UAE,for 6 hours,i am tired of working like a slave with no freedom,i am thinking of going to ministry of labour,but i someone told me its rare before a man can win complain at the ministry of labour,i even meet with the general manager that i have an emergency in my home country,he told me i should find some people that will sign for me that i will come back to resume my duty and if i don't come back the people will pay for my visa,pls i am a bit naive about UAE labour law,i need help.
Pls help a depressed brother out of this mess.........Dubai is not a rosy place,forget all what u hear about dubai,if u don't have a foreign certificate,they treat most blacks like slave,most jobs are hard,intending Nigerians that want to leave nigeria to come here for greener pasture should have enough money or secure job before leaving..Just my 2cent. I am patiently waiting for advice from this forum.
Thanks in advance

I am sorry for your dilemma, someone will give advice.
THIS POST SHOULD BE MADE A "STICKY"
FOR ALL PEOPLE THINKING OF UAE TO READ!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks in advance

Sorry for your predicament i know its really not easy for so many persons here, some people doing menial jobs are working for 12hours even during this Ramadan that Dubai Government says it should be 6hours.

My dear no one can force you to work the highest your Boss can do is to Ban you for 1year if you refuse to pay the said amount. If you really want to go back to Nigeria then just call the Police and report your Boss that you are needed urgently back home or that you dont even want to work again you are tired and want to return to your country.

Police will immediately ask your Boss to cancel your visa and hand your passport over to you.

NOTE: it is your passport and nobody i repeat nobody has the right to act against your wish if you decide not to work again. I know of people that worked just 1month and decided to go back to Nigeria because of the stress and they couldnt cope.

Most employers hold on to employees passports mostly menial jobs because they know you will get tired and decide to leave without their notice 1 day.

If you are employed in a good company and have a good BOSS like mine then you can keep your passport with you, he is not worried because he treats his staffs well and there is no reason to leave without proper permission.

Just know that in Dubai you have to start small, you cannot just fly into dubai and you want a managerial position or Sales manager or Logistics Executive etc you just have to grow from small until you get to the top because dubai values experience more than you first class degree.

i can have a pass result with 3 to 4years experience and you hold a first class degree with little or no experience, Sorry the employer will pick me. They dont look at your grades whether first class,second class,third class. All they want to know is if you've got experience to do the job.

So tell me whats really the problem at your work place and is it Labour or free zone?

3 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks in advance
I found this article through Google. Have a look at your contract what does it say about if you quit. Nobody can stop you quitting

I am on a limited two-year contract and I have worked for one year and eight months. I have now resigned, giving 30 days' notice, but my employer has not paid me for January and has told me that I have to stay for three months. What are my rights? SK, Abu Dhabi

Article 116 of UAE Labour Law states: "If the contract has been terminated on part of the employee … the employee becomes liable for compensating the employer against losses incurred by him in consequence of contract termination, provided that the amount of compensation, may not exceed half a month's pay for a period of three months or for the remaining period of contract whichever is shorter, unless the terms of the contract provide otherwise." In this situation, this means SK must forfeit pay equivalent to one and a half months on leaving, as he has broken the terms of his contract. He is not obliged to stay for three months.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Rohzeez: 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
pls houz......who have idea of employment visa ticket presently....i need the cheapest and i dont want to consult any agent at all,because majority of them will add their own to it.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
its labour zone in Ajman,first the accommodation is nothing to write home about,no atom of respect for the labours,i know one have to start from small here,even Indians,Bangledesh,paskitani,working in this same company are complaining,most working for 5 to 10 years still have their basic salary within range of 700 to 1000 Aed,they make us work non stop everyday and salary is not stable,the CEO pay whenever he wish,i was just informed that he just paid for last month salary today,last two months we were paid on the 28th of the following month,they don't care about their junior staff welfare,its so sad and my supervisor even threatned that anybody that doesn't come tomorrow should not bother coming to duty again,he is an Egytian,any slight mistake they threatened with "salary cutting"..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
I have been studying the labour law too,i read that part,but my offer letter didn't state such about quitting before the contract ends,i signed 2 years limited contract
frostmate:
I found this article through Google. Have a look at your contract what does it say about if you quit.

I am on a limited two-year contract and I have worked for one year and eight months. I have now resigned, giving 30 days' notice, but my employer has not paid me for January and has told me that I have to stay for three months. What are my rights? SK, Abu Dhabi

Article 116 of UAE Labour Law states: "If the contract has been terminated on part of the employee … the employee becomes liable for compensating the employer against losses incurred by him in consequence of contract termination, provided that the amount of compensation, may not exceed half a month's pay for a period of three months or for the remaining period of contract whichever is shorter, unless the terms of the contract provide otherwise." In this situation, this means SK must forfeit pay equivalent to one and a half months on leaving, as he has broken the terms of his contract. He is not obliged to stay for three months.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
frostmate:
I found this article through Google. Have a look at your contract what does it say about if you quit. Nobody can stop you quitting

It is always not So. This can be put into consideration only if he got a job in another company and wants to leave the present one and has not finished his probation. As long you have worked your probation period its okay and mostly if you want to go back to Nigeria and not interested to work again. You can just quit. Dont pay anything if you want to go back to Nigeria.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
@justi,do u think i can file a complain at the ministry of labour?i am going insane here more daily
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
Rohzeez: pls houz......who have idea of[b] employment visa ticket [/b]presently....i need the cheapest and i dont want to consult any agent at all,because majority of them will add their own to it.

Ticket is ticket, there is nothing like employment visa ticket.

The only difference is that you can book one way if you have an employment visa to show and not return ticket. Check Qatar Airways it is affordable compared to other airlines.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
eazylion01: @justi,do u think i can file a complain at the ministry of labour?i am going insane here more daily

and i have been working for 5 months,i can't continue again,even if i am to pay half of my salary for 3 months,i will,but the 3kaed is too much,besides they didn't fulfil all what they promised,i complained about the accomodation before going for exit and they promised to renovate before i come back,but its the same thing..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
eazylion01: @justi,do u think i can file a complain at the ministry of labour?i am going insane here more daily

Filing a complaint with labour is a long thing. Too much processes that you have to wait and go through it could even take months to be resolved.

You best bet is Police and you will get your passport as long as "YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO NIGERIA" so even if your employer likes he should ban you for 1year you no send am. And even if he bans you for 1 or 2years sef you can still get a job with a freezone company which automatically waives your ban from the labour company.

Are you the only Nigerian there. Maybe nobody to ginger you thats why you dey fear cheesy

3 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
we are 3 nigerians,they were like they will endure till december before quitting,everybody is complaining,but i can't wait,i have my business in nigeria,i want to go back,they always ginger me,but the these arabs act like cultist,lol,they connect so easily and tend to favour their selves
justi4jesu:

Filing a complaint with labour is a long thing. Too much processes that you have to wait and go through it could even take months to be resolved.

You best bet is Police and you will get your passport as long as "YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO NIGERIA" so even if your employer likes he should ban you for 1year you no send am. And even if he bans you for 1 or 2years sef you can still get a job with a freezone company which automatically waives your ban from the labour company.

Are you the only Nigerian there. Maybe nobody to ginger you thats why you dey fear cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
plus will i get ban from immigration too OR JUST labour ban?and do u think the ban can affect me if i want to go to other country apart from UAE?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
eazylion01: we are 3 nigerians,they were like they will endure till december before quitting,everybody is complaining,but i can't wait,i have my business in nigeria,i want to go back,they always ginger me,but the these arabs act like cultist,lol,they connect so easily and tend to favour their selves

If you cant wait then police is your best bet, tell them somebody died and you are needed urgently that you will come back period. A guy i know left last week he was working in Abu dhabi as a Sales man, he got tired and his wife gave birth in Nigeria and he told them he was leaving and they cancelled his work permit. Be bold you are a Nigerian, dont dull forget about that they act like what you called it. Dont pay any money and if possible stop going to work so they will know you are serious.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
eazylion01:

and i have been working for 5 months,i can't continue again,even if i am to pay half of my salary for 3 months,i will,but the 3kaed is too much,besides they didn't fulfil all what they promised,i complained about the accomodation before going for exit and they promised to renovate before i come back,but its the same thing..

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Anyway like Justi said it's very easy. Walk to the police station cry and tell them u r tired. You want to go back. Shikena. The issue people have is that after they get their passport they start thinking of hustling around for another job. If u r willing and ready to go back home just do as justi4jesu has said. #dazall

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
eazylion01: plus will i get ban from immigration too OR JUST labour ban?and do u think the ban can affect me if i want to go to other country apart from UAE?

Immigration does not ban.

It is only Ministry of Labour that can ban if your company is under labour and if you are employed and did not complete your contract, if you leave Labour automatically place 6months ban on you.

Like i said the Ban shouldnt be your problem because if you eventually get a job with a freezone company then the ban becomes Null and Void automatically. Freezone cleanses you from all bannnnnnsssssss.... cheesy

And Ban is just in UAE not any other country.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
I stopped going to work for some days but my supervisor called me on phone and was like staying in my room won't help situation and nobody will help me,I have been going to different office,but like they are not ready to help
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
RICHIEBOI1: @justi4jesu, you still havent given me an answer to my question i asked earlier. This thread is supposed to help people planning to visit Dubai.

You see how some persons can be? A word is enough for the wise. SMH

And pls stop disturbing me on bbm and whatsapp for dubai trip because I dont have or know anyone that can help you. If you like tell me all the stories of how u are suffering back there in Nigeria and money is not the problem if I will help you. Sorry I wont.

Note: Am a Big snub wen I want to, so keep calling me names.

Anukpam#

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
eazylion01: I stopped going to work for some days but my supervisor called me on phone and was like staying in my room won't help situation and nobody will help me,I have been going to different office,but like they are not ready to help

Do you have the money to pay your air ticket home?
If so get out quickly!
You will not be black marked in other countries.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
justi4jesu:

You see how some persons can be? A word is enough for the wise. SMH

And pls stop disturbing me on bbm and whatsapp for dubai trip because I dont have or know anyone that can help you. If you like tell me all the stories of how u are suffering back there in Nigeria and money is not the problem if I will help you. Sorry I wont.

Note: Am a Big snub wen I want to, so keep calling me names.

Anukpam#

cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahahah Justi you have suffer no be small hahahhahaha a chei
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
Well,they still owe me last month salary and i am done work for half of this month,i willl involve the police,though the generla manger promised to pay for my air ticket if i have Nigerians that will sign for me,it is a means to get me back,i am really tired of working here.i don't want their air ticket
worry359:

Do you have the money to pay your air ticket home?
If so get out quickly!
You will not be black marked in other countries.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
monchouchou:

cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahahah Justi you have suffer no be small hahahhahaha a chei

My dear these ones are small I dont even have time to upload all. Anyhow u ring bells in their ears they will never hear.

They will surely get wat they want but not with me. undecided
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Rohzeez: 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
please nl.....where and how can i buy a airline ticket....enlight me rummies. Dont have any idea on this, and i dont want make to make any error like flight ticket cancel or anything
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by evantical: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
Justi, please take it easy,you know some people are different.At least he can look at those tour agencies you mentioned earlier on.I have been googling them
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by HAH: 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
I just learnt that Arik is starting Abuja-Dubai from 28 july-2014 the fare is about 120k also emirate is starting same route on 1 august 2014 fare $1100

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Rohzeez: 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
what of from lagos...i mean one way ticket

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.