Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (659138 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:20am On Jul 18, 2014
justi4jesu:

You see how some persons can be? A word is enough for the wise. SMH

And pls stop disturbing me on bbm and whatsapp for dubai trip because I dont have or know anyone that can help you. If you like tell me all the stories of how u are suffering back there in Nigeria and money is not the problem if I will help you. Sorry I wont.

Note: Am a Big snub wen I want to, so keep calling me names.

Anukpam#

keep deleting my post. You are still what i said you are. learn how to talk to people. if you cant give a reasonable answer,then keep shut. angry
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by colossus2: 12:23am On Jul 18, 2014
RICHIEBOI1:

keep deleting my post. You are still what i said you are. learn how to talk to people. if you cant give a reasonable answer,then keep shut. angry
Like I said before, just let it slide....in case you didn't see my last comment before it was hidden.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:56am On Jul 18, 2014
HAH: I just learnt that Arik is starting Abuja-Dubai from 28 july-2014 the fare is about 120k also emirate is starting same route on 1 august 2014 fare $1100

Yes heard that of Arik.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Rohzeez: 9:10am On Jul 18, 2014
but pals........d money is too much in nigeria money
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2014
Rohzeez: but pals........d money is too much in nigeria money

Dubai is expensive. Beautiful but very expensive. If you don't have a good job here its not worth it.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yungmilio2(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Rohzeez: but pals........d money is too much in nigeria money
its cool 110k
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jeez, why so many blocked posts??
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by colossus2: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
monchouchou: Jeez, why so many blocked posts??
I guess Richieboi1 continued with his insults on Justi
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
monchouchou:

Dubai is expensive. Beautiful but very expensive. If you don't have a good job here its not worth it.
Dubai is expensive, how much is an average meal, can I get Nigerian meals there, if yes, can I cook nd eat out like just once in a day, will that be ok?? I don't eat much, I don't drink, I don't go clubbing, I don't smoke, I don't womanise, I'm not gonna go there to chase after babes, what do u mean by Dubai is expensive if I can take care of these aspects I listed here.
ok, what about transportation to work everyday, what if I get an accommodation courtesy of the company, wud life in Dubai stil be considered expensive for me
Enlighten me ma.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
eazylion01: Hello house,
Pls i am in a dilemma,i need advice from experience Nigerians here in UAE,i am working in a private company owned by arab,but they have been making me work like Hebrew slave,i started working since february,i told them i want to quit since beginning of this month but they told me to pay for their visa,which is 3k dirhams,my basic wage is 1200 Aed,no how i can get that kind of money,they even make us(labour)work 9hours and again today my supervisor is forcing us to come work tomorrow which everybody know to be off here in UAE,for 6 hours,i am tired of working like a slave with no freedom,i am thinking of going to ministry of labour,but i someone told me its rare before a man can win complain at the ministry of labour,i even meet with the general manager that i have an emergency in my home country,he told me i should find some people that will sign for me that i will come back to resume my duty and if i don't come back the people will pay for my visa,pls i am a bit naive about UAE labour law,i need help.
Pls help a depressed brother out of this mess.........Dubai is not a rosy place,forget all what u hear about dubai,if u don't have a foreign certificate,they treat most blacks like slave,most jobs are hard,intending Nigerians that want to leave nigeria to come here for greener pasture should have enough money or secure job before leaving..Just my 2cent. I am patiently waiting for advice from this forum.
Thanks in advance
Wow....this is cray!!!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
justi4jesu:

Sorry for your predicament i know its really not easy for so many persons here, some people doing menial jobs are working for 12hours even during this Ramadan that Dubai Government says it should be 6hours.

My dear no one can force you to work the highest your Boss can do is to Ban you for 1year if you refuse to pay the said amount. If you really want to go back to Nigeria then just call the Police and report your Boss that you are needed urgently back home or that you dont even want to work again you are tired and want to return to your country.

Police will immediately ask your Boss to cancel your visa and hand your passport over to you.

NOTE: it is your passport and nobody i repeat nobody has the right to act against your wish if you decide not to work again. I know of people that worked just 1month and decided to go back to Nigeria because of the stress and they couldnt cope.

Most employers hold on to employees passports mostly menial jobs because they know you will get tired and decide to leave without their notice 1 day.

If you are employed in a good company and have a good BOSS like mine then you can keep your passport with you, he is not worried because he treats his staffs well and there is no reason to leave without proper permission.

Just know that in Dubai you have to start small, you cannot just fly into dubai and you want a managerial position or Sales manager or Logistics Executive etc you just have to grow from small until you get to the top because dubai values experience more than you first class degree.

i can have a pass result with 3 to 4years experience and you hold a first class degree with little or no experience, Sorry the employer will pick me. They dont look at your grades whether first class,second class,third class. All they want to know is if you've got experience to do the job.

So tell me whats really the problem at your work place and is it Labour or free zone?
Nice and mature reply Justi4jesu, ain't you a darling?? smiley
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
Yes o bro,u can say that again,now they just paid last month salary,all nigerians working in the company are excluded,guess probably it is because of me,going to report first thing in the morning at the police station,they are just been wicked.
jimmy4x: Wow....this is cray!!!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
eazylion01: Yes o bro,u can say that again,now they just paid last month salary,all nigerians working in the company are excluded,guess probably it is because of me,going to report first thing in the morning at the police station,they are just been wicked.
God will see you thru, I don't wanna av ds kinda experience o, me wey no get liver for wahala..
Aunty justi just dey do me shakara for whatsapp...I hope u biliv me now sha smiley
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by HAH: 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Food is very cheap in dubai if you are going to cook, transpotation is also cheap if you are using the metro and buses. What is expensive in dubai is accomodation even that one. Has some places that are ok like international city, and al nahda atleast you can see a studio apartment for AED35k that is like N1.5M.

Alternatively you can move to sharjah which is not more than 30 minutes drive where you can get a studio for as low as AED18k

Accomodation are not paid in full you can give post dated cheques may be quarterly

So if you are for instance staying average in Abuja moving to dubai will not be a problem

These suggestion are for average working class but as a hustler e no go easy o,
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yungmilio2(m): 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
jimmy4x:
Dubai is expensive, how much is an average meal, can I get Nigerian meals there, if yes, can I cook nd eat out like just once in a day, will that be ok?? I don't eat much, I don't drink, I don't go clubbing, I don't smoke, I don't womanise, I'm not gonna go there to chase after babes, what do u mean by Dubai is expensive if I can take care of these aspects I listed here.
ok, what about transportation to work everyday, what if I get an accommodation courtesy of the company, wud life in Dubai stil be considered expensive for me
Enlighten me ma.
.. no offense
first get the meaning of expensive (Dubai is expensive)
an average meal.. my own definition of an average meal.. Fried rice and chicken with a cocacola drink to step down...
Nigerian Meals.. lil.bit expensive. that's why most people would package a lot when travelling to Dubai
Dubai not a place for womanizers.. no near any Arab woman o, if unto womanising. them fit deport you...
smkoe ish: you can take shisha. good for the health.
Tranportation not a big deal, but do you have the job already and have you been employed?
Accommodation that's the Main ish. expensive than maitama or wuse in abj. sharing with other people will reduce ur bills..
finding it hard to watch premier league games
note:we Arabians don't like noise
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
Yungmilio2:
.. no offense
first get the meaning of expensive (Dubai is expensive)
an average meal.. my own definition of an average meal.. Fried rice and chicken with a cocacola drink to step down...
Nigerian Meals.. lil.bit expensive. that's why most people would package a lot when travelling to Dubai
Dubai not a place for womanizers.. no near any Arab woman o, if unto womanising. them fit deport you...
smkoe ish: you can take shisha. good for the health.
Tranportation not a big deal, but do you have the job already and have you been employed?
Accommodation that's the Main ish. expensive than maitama or wuse in abj. sharing with other people will reduce ur bills..
finding it hard to watch premier league games
note:we Arabians don't like noise
lol...tnx a lot for d reply, I don't av a job yet , ow do I secure a job b4 going there, is it possible??
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yungmilio2(m): 12:08am On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:
lol...tnx a lot for d reply, I don't av a job yet , ow do I secure a job b4 going there, is it possible??
two possible ways but not easy.
you search through the internet
or in dubai.
hope you sha get ur kpali (cert)
don't be desperate to travel
Dubai is not like Nigeria
hustle easy for ninja
pass Dubai ooo
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Liamm(m): 4:09am On Jul 19, 2014
Yungmilio2:
or in dubai.
hustle easy for ninja
pass Dubai ooo
what if someone offers to help you secure a menial job while you're in Nigeria.

Can someone please provide me the link to the czech and finland travel thread? Justwise, please help
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:38am On Jul 19, 2014
Liamm: what if someone offers to help you secure a menial job while you're in Nigeria.

Can someone please provide me the link to the czech and finland travel thread? Justwise, please help

https://www.nairaland.com/1064724/studying-finland-free-tuition

https://www.nairaland.com/814925/offer-advice-interest-studying-czech/4#24773013
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:51am On Jul 19, 2014
jimmy4x:
Enlighten me ma.

When you are told food is cheap in Dubai means Food like KFC,WENDYS,MACDONALDS, rice,parata, biri yani,fruits etc

Food is not cheap when it comes to African food, whether you want to cook it by urself or not.

African food is expensive both to buy in the restaurant and to buy the raw ones.

List of items i bought from the African SHOP yesterday:

1. 1 small tuber of Yam that i can finish in 1 meal = 60 Dirhams i.e 2,700 naira

2. 1 litre of Palm oil = 75 Dirhams i.e 3,375 naira

3. 1 carton of Malta Guiness(12 cans) = 2,700 naira

4. Fresh Naija very hot pepper(like 15pieces) = 10 Dirhams i.e 450naira

5. stock fish and Dry fish dont even go there.

Now lets go to eating at the restaurant.

Biggie's African restaurant vegetable soup with pounded yam = 55 Dirhams i.e 2,475 naira

For other soup i dont know actually but just know it is more than 1,000 naira.

You can also get cheaper from other restaurant but the prices are slightly different.

It all boils down to African food is not cheap here except you will be eating rice everyday or biri yani or parata or fruits then you can call it cheap.

So hold all the money you can because nobody will be willing to buy food for you especially those guys at deira, they will be willing to drain you as you are fresh to the hussles.

Goodluck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 19, 2014
^^^....chai justi4jesu...does that mean you cannot save up to 60k per month? (Lets ASSUME you are earning 90k each month)....

Considering the fact that accomodation and transport have been taken care by the company...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 19, 2014
justi4jesu:

When you are told food is cheap in Dubai means Food like KFC,WENDYS,MACDONALDS, rice,parata, biri yani,fruits etc

Food is not cheap when it comes to African food, whether you want to cook it by urself or not.

African food is expensive both to buy in the restaurant and to buy the raw ones.

1. 1 small tuber of Yam that i can finish in 1 meal = 60 Dirhams i.e 2,700 naira

3. 1 carton of Malta Guiness(12 cans) = 2,700 naira

4. Fresh Naija very hot pepper(like 15pieces) = 10 Dirhams i.e 450naira

5. stock fish and Dry fish dont even go there.

Now lets go to eating at the restaurant.

Biggie's African restaurant vegetable soup with pounded yam = 55 Dirhams i.e 2,475 naira

For other soup i dont know actually but just know it is more than 1,000 naira.

You can also get cheaper from other restaurant but the prices are slightly different.

It all boils down to African food is not cheap here except you will be eating rice everyday or biri yani or parata or fruits then you can call it cheap.

So hold all the money you can because nobody will be willing to buy food for you especially those guys at deira, they will be willing to drain you as you are fresh to the hussles.

Goodluck
lmao.....hehehe, wahala dey o, thank you sooo much for this enlightenment, I'm in a dilemma ryt now, shey na rice person go kon take all hin life chop, wen dem dey sell tuber of yam here #150, my mama dey supply me palm oil, clean one for free, stock fish, dry fish nd snail, I dey do shakara even for house....you have made it really easy for me justi, God will bless you, na to go find very big leather box take load some of ds Africa food wey go last me like d 3 first months.
One of my friends uncle told me to come see him today, he said he nd his friend do secure job for pple b4 going nd even accommodation nd dt none of dem get less dan 100k in a month as salary
na wetin Graduate asst.dey collect for Oau b dt na or lesser dan dt sef.
To confirm his words, i saw d salary structure of one of the guys he helped, security man earning 2200 AED
that wud be like #99000 if 1 aed is equivalent to #45
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 19, 2014
omoteamac: ^^^....chai justi4jesu...does that mean you cannot save up to 60k per month? (Lets ASSUME you are earning 90k each month)....

Considering the fact that accomodation and transport have been taken care by the company...
Good question....me I was thinking, if I could get a job of say 100k per month, nd I don't drink, I don't go clubbing nd all doz yeye yeye tins....I stay in d company's acc nd transportation is taken care of, I shud b able to save at worst 50k nd enjoy my life with 50k for a month.
while I was in uni, I get 5k for a week as p.money nd I do fuel my car, buy recharge cards, eat out once in a yl, buy skul materials nd d likes, I get food stuff nd 'provisions' from home.
I used to be fine with dt 5k per week, so shouldn't I be able to live fine with 50k per month
50k X 12 months = 600k
600k in 5 years na 3milla
e b like say, na to go nysc come back go sure pass o...at least make person get nysc certificate down.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 19, 2014
justi4jesu:

3. 1 carton of Malta Guiness(12 cans) 2700 naira (this is still reasonable)

Goodluck
1 litre of palm oil for a whooping 3375 naira is just crazy, when 50 litres in my moms village is sold for less dan 10k, I can supply 50 kegs of 50 litres within an hour sef.
if u gv dem 10k for one 50 litre kegs, dem go take prayers and appreciation finish u ....they wud be on top of the world.
How can I export this palm oil, maybe like 10 kegs for a start.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 19, 2014
Yungmilio2:
or in dubai.
hustle easy for ninja
pass Dubai ooo
Make I go see for myself, I just wanna leave Naija, no be because of greener pasture, I get 'greenest' pasture for here sef, if d wahala too much, I dey run come my house back, d major reasons I wanna travel is to stop being a mommy's boi who has everything provided for him, I wanna hustle nd act like a man, I want to b able to have my own money nd even gv to her if she needs money at some point,
2. I wanna see ow it is in a foreign country, this wud b d first tym I'll be leaving Naija for somewhere else.
3. I hear about Dubai everyday, the architectural wonders nd masterpieces, I wanna see doz tins with my eyes, I av my eyes on their consrtruction firms, architectural firm, I studied architecture in OAU ife nd I read a lot bout Dubai nd watch some of their documentaries.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 19, 2014
monchouchou:

That is why we advise everyone to do proper research before coming. If you feel you can't stand the little heat involved in walking from the train station to an office building then don't come until the weather is cooler…

If u feel u can't stay with 10 men in a room, then save enough money to rent your own room (about 4k aed)

4k aed is like 180k, is ds for a month or a year??
if its for a year, still reasonable, is it like a sef con with toilet nd bath nd kitchenette or just a room??
I can get 2 of my friends or one nd we divide the money.
I pray its for a year o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.