Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,778 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:12 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (664150 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
Afroprince: Hi guys, is anyone traveling to Dubai or Abu Dhabi this August? Let's meet up if you don't mind...I would wanna know if anyone has lodged in Al Manar Hotel Apartment before? I need to know the hotel ratings from fellow Africans, seen a lot of reviews already on Trip Advisor and its kinda conflicting, so i would welcome reviews from anyone that has had an experience with the hotel already.

Will be traveling in late August and this will be my 3rd trip to Dubai...so let's share ideas or hook up over there if you are game...Hope to get some timely and matured comments on here, Stay Blessed!!!
[quote][/quote]

Is it Almanar in Abu hail? If so that's the hotel I always stay and it's very ok,it's like an indian hotel mostly indian n locals that live in the area you hardly see africans lodging there, but it can be difficult to locate just tell the taxi behind Ramadan continental hotel after Lotus grand hotel apartments, they have a fine roof top swimming pool and a great sauna, I'v stayed there four times and intend staying there on my next trip, I also left a review on the hotel in tripadvisor it's a family so u can't bring in any lady to spend the nite except if she's your wife and you with her inclusive, hope this help?

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
yes you need hotel reservation, it helps you douse all the unecessary questions from Nigeria immigration........so to be on the safer side you need it.....
leboss6: One brief question peeps, Is it compulsory to have hotel reservation before going to Dubai? am leaving tonight
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kaffy4tope(m): 6:35am On Jul 20, 2013
ogakpatakpata: yes you need hotel reservation, it helps you douse all the unecessary questions from Nigeria immigration........so to be on the safer side you need it.....

Igweeee, the chiefs and every other protocols duly and respectably recognized.........How's d ministry moving?
Hope there's no intention of coup de tat to overthrow the Igwe ooO?

@Op, u can make ur hotel reservation FOC @ www.bookings.com

To all our moslem brothers and sisters, Ramadan Kareem!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 20, 2013
@kaffy4tope......am fine, but busy with official duties in the emirates, l guess same applies to other contributors either in Dubai or Nigeria, but will try to respond to questions as much as l can........there is no coup de tat against the palace, l have enough, secret agents led by henrimoto,fbi/cia and other intelligent chiefs watching over the palace....so dont be afraid...the palace is secured.....lolz
kaffy4tope:

Igweeee, the chiefs and every other protocols duly and respectably recognized.........How's d ministry moving?
Hope there's no intention of coup de tat to overthrow the Igwe ooO?

@Op, u can make ur hotel reservation FOC @ www.bookings.com

To all our moslem brothers and sisters, Ramadan Kareem!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by FBICIA(m): 9:51am On Jul 20, 2013
Coup khe? Kojo! Mba! Barbu!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin
FBI/CIA:
Coup khe? Kojo! Mba! Barbu!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by leboss6(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2013
Now in Dubai, had smooth sailing all through the airport, was ready for dem immigration people, they asked how much I had and I told them 3k usd in cash and 2k usd in my mastercard, they asked for hotel reservation and I told them I was gonna get one myself when I land as I had enough cash with me , , finally they asked usual naija question "Anything for us" and I answerd with a resounding "NOTHING FOR UNA" na so them hand me over to Ndlea for internal scan, I no even argue as I had enough time, When dem no see anything hold on to them free me, shi shi I no pay anybody......looking forward to a fun filled 6days in Dubai even though the Sun na die.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by goodtalk(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
leboss6: Now in Dubai, had smooth sailing all through the airport, was ready for dem immigration people, they asked how much I had and I told them 3k usd in cash and 2k usd in my mastercard, they asked for hotel reservation and I told them I was gonna get one myself when I land as I had enough cash with me , , finally they asked usual naija question "Anything for us" and I answerd with a resounding "NOTHING FOR UNA" na so them hand me over to Ndlea for internal scan, I no even argue as I had enough time, When dem no see anything hold on to them free me, shi shi I no pay anybody......looking forward to a fun filled 6days in Dubai even though the Sun na die.
Thats what am talking about no free money for lazy man {Immigration} thanks for not dulling! Subsequent travllers make una take note! @leboss6 keep t'he house posted on all your hussle. Remaine blessed in t'he land of oyel{ oil} money! Igweeeeeee! How is your consultation with your forfathers going? I was informed you went into meditation and thats why u have not been in d' plalace for a while! cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
@leboss6..........nice one, l hope other guys will learn from you, welcome to the emirates!!!
leboss6: Now in Dubai, had smooth sailing all through the airport, was ready for dem immigration people, they asked how much I had and I told them 3k usd in cash and 2k usd in my mastercard, they asked for hotel reservation and I told them I was gonna get one myself when I land as I had enough cash with me , , finally they asked usual naija question "Anything for us" and I answerd with a resounding "NOTHING FOR UNA" na so them hand me over to Ndlea for internal scan, I no even argue as I had enough time, When dem no see anything hold on to them free me, shi shi I no pay anybody......looking forward to a fun filled 6days in Dubai even though the Sun na die.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
@goodtalk..........l have been so busy with official functions accross the emirates, l am also consulting with the heavenly powers for more blessings and jobs for our members in the UAE, it's been very challenging in the emirates due to the ramandam and l know how tough it is this period searching for jobs,but, l know favour will definitely smile on all our members despite the ramadan.....thanks for your concern.......by the way, wont you visit the palace in Dubai?
goodtalk: Thats what am talking about no free money for lazy man {Immigration} thanks for not dulling! Subsequent travllers make una take note! @leboss6 keep t'he house posted on all your hussle. Remaine blessed in t'he land of oyel{ oil} money! Igweeeeeee! How is your consultation with your forfathers going? I was informed you went into meditation and thats why u have not been in d' plalace for a while! cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by olembe09(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
kaliphate: well it depends on d kind of visa u r looking for
bro tanks 4 ur concern!! Just 2 wrk in qater. Am new in dis thread dat is y bro
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
@olembe09............your best bet is to be sponsored by a company from Qatar, who in turn will do all your documentation, visa and ticket........be careful of agents....even the 5yrs Qatar work visa is fraught with lots of challenges......l will also suggest you go back on this thread and read, all your questions and worries about Qatar has been addressed...goodluck
olembe09: bro tanks 4 ur concern!! Just 2 wrk in qater. Am new in dis thread dat is y bro
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Afroprince(m): 7:17am On Jul 21, 2013
samee72:

Is it Almanar in Abu hail? If so that's the hotel I always stay and it's very ok,it's like an indian hotel mostly indian n locals that live in the area you hardly see africans lodging there, but it can be difficult to locate just tell the taxi behind Ramadan continental hotel after Lotus grand hotel apartments, they have a fine roof top swimming pool and a great sauna, I'v stayed there four times and intend staying there on my next trip, I also left a review on the hotel in tripadvisor it's a family so u can't bring in any lady to spend the nite except if she's your wife and you with her inclusive, hope this help?

Thanks Samee72 u r a darling...i saw some alarming reviews and felt i have made a mistake already lol, thanks for this info...i heard its very close to the metro right? How accessible are eatries and tourist life around there? Can i stroll down to the gold souk from there? How about getting some Naija food around there too or must i go to downtown Deira? Pls upgrade me more dear! Ok thanks as i await more info...i will be going with wifey and daughter so that part of bringing babes won't happen but will be glad to meet new pple on this trip though to just hang out with, when next r u coming to Dubai?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yinkagbo(m): 9:27am On Jul 21, 2013
Goodday to igwe,lolo and cheifos in the palace.
Please i need help,i intend leaving Nigeria to either of Qatar or dubai to work,but had heard diff cases of ppl getting thr tru agent but things happened to be story when dey got thr.and here on this thread,i discovered that i can get 2months tourist visa thru airline,but what about how to get job before the expiration of my visa.can someone please give me guild lines to follow or an advice.this will mean so much to me.don't wonna waste my hard earn money.
Thanks......igweeeeeee
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
@yinkagbo......obtain your 1 or 2months visit visa, not tourist visa,through Etihad airlines, prepare a good CV with your pix on it from Nigeria, arrive Dubai, apply for jobs online or through networking or walk-in interviews, if you get a job, the company takes it from there and arrange for your residence and work permits..............finally, go back on this thread, start from page 1, all your questions and worries will be resolved before you reach the last page...good luck
Yinkagbo: Goodday to igwe,lolo and cheifos in the palace.
Please i need help,i intend leaving Nigeria to either of Qatar or dubai to work,but had heard diff cases of ppl getting thr tru agent but things happened to be story when dey got thr.and here on this thread,i discovered that i can get 2months tourist visa thru airline,but what about how to get job before the expiration of my visa.can someone please give me guild lines to follow or an advice.this will mean so much to me.don't wonna waste my hard earn money.
Thanks......igweeeeeee
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Yinkagbo(m): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @yinkagbo......obtain your 1 or 2months visit visa, not tourist visa,through Etihad airlines, prepare a good CV with your pix on it from Nigeria, arrive Dubai, apply for jobs online or through networking or walk-in interviews, if you get a job, the company takes it from there and arrange for your residence and work permits..............finally, go back on this thread, start from page 1, all your questions and worries will be resolved before you reach the last page...good luck

thanks bro, please what's the cost range of the 1-2 months visit visa,accommodation for the two months....
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nodawa(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
@Yinkagbo please try and find time to read from page 1 to 30 with your pen so that you will be able to jot the necessary information cos all what you have been asking had been answered. Good luck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
You are welcome Afroprince, yeah the hotel is a walking distance to the metro, though i have never used it just planning to use it on my next trip, you can't find any African restaurants around there o, for that you will have to go to down town Deira,but there are a lots of other eateries around but mostly middle eastern and indian eateries and fast foods, there is really no any tourist attraction around there but the place is filled with shops, there's a small supermarket opposite it, and a little bit down another bigger supermarket "Happy Land supermarket", the Abu Hail center is a few mins walk from the hotel also is Max store, there's a bakery not too far and about two pharmacies around there, every thing you need for your family you will get there that's one of the reasons why i lkie staying there, there's a fine ice cream parlour( Baskin Robbins) right next door to the hotel i'm sure the wifey and daughter will love that. Shoe mart is also a few yards away from there. You can't walk to the gold souk from there you need a taxi to take you there if there's not much traffic, you will pay about 15 dirhams but if there's traffic you could end up paying up to 30 dirhams, it's a 10 dirhams ride in taxi to Deira city center if there's not traffic, my advice for you is whenever you want to go around there try and beat the traffic like around 12- 1pm there won't be much traffic but if you leave during the rush hours the traffic can be so frustrating, but also bear in mind that the deira market and gold souk go on break from 2pm to 4pm, i was hoping to go in August too before, but can't make it anymore, i will go in December/January for a well deserved vacation and business as i will wait and witness the shopping festival, hope this helps

Afroprince:

Thanks Samee72 u r a darling...i saw some alarming reviews and felt i have made a mistake already lol, thanks for this info...i heard its very close to the metro right? How accessible are eatries and tourist life around there? Can i stroll down to the gold souk from there? How about getting some Naija food around there too or must i go to downtown Deira? Pls upgrade me more dear! Ok thanks as i await more info...i will be going with wifey and daughter so that part of bringing babes won't happen but will be glad to meet new pple on this trip though to just hang out with, when next r u coming to Dubai?

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
Please what's the price range for China visa? Somebody should asnwer me it's orgent
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 12:28am On Jul 22, 2013
OBRICADO: Please what's the price range for China visa? Somebody should asnwer me it's orgent
@obricado. bia! ...dis palace is nt 4 chinese visa matters...didnt u read d sign board in front of d palace b4 coming in 2 ask..? see wheather u will ask d c.s.o (justwise) for direction. @igwee proff. i greet jare! sorry 4 bashing into d palace d way i did.. igwee how are u doing? hope d official duties over there is nt over stressing you.. d lord is ur muscle.. amen! weldone sir! lolo 1, iyalaje 1, ichie goodluck and company, i greet! ( oh, sorry. goodtalk i mean to say, or d u want to take over 4rm d president?) @samee72. nne, halloo! ke ki e me? biko, dat ur last sentence in ur last comment. sori, i did nt get it clear. (as in waiting to witness d festival sales ...? where?)
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 12:48am On Jul 22, 2013
i mean the Dubai shopping festival it usually takes place from january to february, i mean i will like to go to Dubai in december and also stay back for the shopping festival, it's a one month shopping galore better prepare and land Dubai that time as sales will be every where

henrimoto: @obricado. bia! ...dis palace is nt 4 chinese visa matters...didnt u read d sign board in front of d palace b4 coming in 2 ask..? see wheather u will ask d c.s.o (justwise) for direction. @igwee proff. i greet jare! sorry 4 bashing into d palace d way i did.. igwee how are u doing? hope d official duties over there is nt over stressing you.. d lord is ur muscle.. amen! weldone sir! lolo 1, iyalaje 1, ichie goodluck and company, i greet! ( oh, sorry. goodtalk i mean to say, or d u want to take over 4rm d president?) @samee72. nne, halloo! ke ki e me? biko, dat ur last sentence in ur last comment. sori, i did nt get it clear. (as in waiting to witness d festival sales ...? where?)
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 1:21am On Jul 22, 2013
samee72: i mean the Dubai shopping festival it usually takes place from january to february, i mean i will like to go to Dubai in december and also stay back for the shopping festival, it's a one month shopping galore better prepare and land Dubai that time as sales will be every where

ok..i get ur point now. dat time, i suppose things will b cheap over there? how was ur sunday ? i suppose u went to church service yesterday... how was it. nne, u re bless!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 22, 2013
@yinkagbo......go back and read, all your questions have been thrashed.......goodluck...@nadowa....well said!! how is your week going?
nodawa: @Yinkagbo please try and find time to read from page 1 to 30 with your pen so that you will be able to jot the necessary information cos all what you have been asking had been answered. Good luck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 22, 2013
@henrimoto........No....the official duties is not stressing me....Thanks for your prayers and support...l appreciate them.......enjoy your week.!!!
henrimoto: @obricado. bia! ...dis palace is nt 4 chinese visa matters...didnt u read d sign board in front of d palace b4 coming in 2 ask..? see wheather u will ask d c.s.o (justwise) for direction. @igwee proff. i greet jare! sorry 4 bashing into d palace d way i did.. igwee how are u doing? hope d official duties over there is nt over stressing you.. d lord is ur muscle.. amen! weldone sir! lolo 1, iyalaje 1, ichie goodluck and company, i greet! ( oh, sorry. goodtalk i mean to say, or d u want to take over 4rm d president?) @samee72. nne, halloo! ke ki e me? biko, dat ur last sentence in ur last comment. sori, i did nt get it clear. (as in waiting to witness d festival sales ...? where?)
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2013
samee72: i mean the Dubai shopping festival it usually takes place from january to february, i mean i will like to go to Dubai in december and also stay back for the shopping festival, it's a one month shopping galore better prepare and land Dubai that time as sales will be every where

Hello Igwe, honourable chiefs and members of the house, hope u all are doing great.

@Samee72, 'ina kwana nki, sanu'......... please I want to ask about the December/January period, since it is the Dubai shopping festival period will it be appropriate to visit during this period for job hunting purpose? I'm asking cos that happens to be the period I want to port.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by olembe09(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @olembe09............your best bet is to be sponsored by a company from Qatar, who in turn will do all your documentation, visa and ticket........be careful of agents....even the 5yrs Qatar work visa is fraught with lots of challenges......l will also suggest you go back on this thread and read, all your questions and worries about Qatar has been addressed...goodluck
...tanks my bro.. I will do sooo
cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Afroprince(m): 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Igwe i greet u o! All the palace council i also hail all of you! I spent almost 22hrs reading from page 1 - 87 of this thread and i am happy to tell you guys that i have graduated finally lol! reading this thread has been like a movie so far as i have a vivid picture of all the characters in this palace. Initially when Justwise recommended this thread and closed mine i was angry but i must confess its been worth it! Infact my wife asked me yesterday if i were reading for an exam...lol!

I am coming to Dubai for just 10 nights for vacation but after reading this thread i have decided to use somedays as a job verification tour as well. I am a radio presenter/DJ, i sing too and have won many national radio awards already and i am thinking if one can get a media job in Dubai? I have been to Dubai twice and i have never considered living there but this thread has awakened a sudden interest in me to maybe someday relocate to Dubai with my family!!! I would love to meet our palace members in Dubai when i arrive and also use style and try if i can get something there although i have a good job here in Nigeria but its been hard settling back in this country after my last sojourn living abroad.

So any ideas of where i can start searching or what i should be doing from Nigeria before my arrival on August 20? Do they have good recruiting agencies one can drop off CVs in Dubai? I do not need help on how to come or where to stay as i have arranged all that...i simply need leads for media jobs specifically either radio, tv or any advertising firm as i am good in media planning and buying as well as outdoor advertising proper.

I hope to hear from the wise palace council members or anyone who has solid info on my request. May your days be long my people...One love
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samee72(f): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lafiya lau, pls dn't misunderstand me shopping festival is jan/feb not dec/jan I only said I shld be there dec/jan abt job I can't say, ask the igwee, I only knw that dubai is filled to the brim during the festival to the extent that hotels are all booked out

peaceheartt:

Hello Igwe, honourable chiefs and members of the house, hope u all are doing great.

@Samee72, 'ina kwana nki, sanu'......... please I want to ask about the December/January period, since it is the Dubai shopping festival period will it be appropriate to visit during this period for job hunting purpose? I'm asking cos that happens to be the period I want to port.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by olembe09(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
I love dis tread gan ni, despite d fact dat av been tyin 2 registra since a while nw I tank GOD dat am 1 of u guys smiley anytin about travel, I no yu guys will keep me update.... nd also roomies av been tryin 2 share comment on education thread but nt goin true, d tin just dey tell me sorrydat I cant post anytin till a week after or soo oooo, pls wat can I do ooooo... urgent respond

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
samee72: Lafiya lau, pls dn't misunderstand me shopping festival is jan/feb not dec/jan I only said I shld be there dec/jan abt job I can't say, ask the igwee, I only knw that dubai is filled to the brim during the festival to the extent that hotels are all booked out

Oh ok then, January / February - shopping festival - in Dubai, Igwe over to you sir, how is the job hunt during this period like?

@Samee72, tnx dear
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
@peaceheartt...........jobs can be secured anytime,it depends on favour,grace and luck, even during this ramamdan, l know some guys who got jobs, just pray and allow your creator to direct you on when to move.......your star and destiny differs from others........wishing you the best as you prepare and plan your trip...
peaceheartt:

Oh ok then, January / February - shopping festival - in Dubai, Igwe over to you sir, how is the job hunt during this period like?

@Samee72, tnx dear
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
@afroprince. hmnnn., an OAP in igwe's palace! you are highly welcome. the igwee, loolo 1, justi4jesu and d rest of dubai incubents can b of very good help with informations relating 2 yr. field. over to them now. u 're welcome once again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.