Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx (10319 Views)

ARTICLE: Blogger's Blindness, Misinformed Public / Cobhams Asuquo Performs On Ndani Sessions / Don Jazzy Vs Cobhams Asuquo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by birdman(m): 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE8kDu4A_7Y

Cobhams Asuquo is a singer/songwriter/music producer and music entrepreneur. After graduating from the Pacelli School for the Blind and King's College Lagos, he started his professional training as a lawyer, but later branched out into music full-time to fulfill a lifelong desire. While working with a Nigerian music label as an in-house producer, he gained a unique insight into the local music scene. He saw the opportunities and challenges within the industry with a vision to develop an entrepreneurial platform from which to drive the industry forward. Today he is the founder and chief executive officer of Cobhams Asuquo Music Productions (CAMP). He gained international attention for producing and co-writing 'Asa', the debut self-titled album for the acclaimed soul singer. He was recently featured on CNN's African Voices for his contribution and impact on the African music industry. Rising alternative soul artiste, Bez is the first of three artistes signed by Cobhams to the C.A.M.P record label, and Bez's debut album 'Super Sun' was highlighted on The Boston Globe's top ten list of best 'world music' albums of 2011. He has won several awards in the music and film scene in Africa and beyond.

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)

7 Likes

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Chanchit: 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
Dts good. Only be say I never understand d whole concept.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by ijebabe: 6:45am On Feb 10, 2013
Nice one, you can't even tell he's blind.

TEDx is an event where select people can exchange ideas and concepts that has and can affect their community.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by daguru(m): 9:50am On Feb 10, 2013
This guy is good!!
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Adex097: 9:51am On Feb 10, 2013
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 10, 2013
Dis is wonderful and inspiring.

Y'all should try and watch chimamanda's 'single story' on TED talks.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by kekakuz(m): 9:53am On Feb 10, 2013
I over love this Guy.he produces good songs,sings good. Songs and feature reasonable artist.

2 Likes

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by kekakuz(m): 9:54am On Feb 10, 2013
I over love this Guy.he produces good songs,sings good. Songs and feature reasonable artists.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by erabe(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2013
And finally, I do not mean this literally "be blind to be focused" - Cobahms Asuquo
Lovely Speech
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Ignatio(m): 9:57am On Feb 10, 2013
You lack in one, you won't lack in the other.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by SamConquer(m): 9:58am On Feb 10, 2013
NO MATTER THE OBSTACLE GOD USUALLY TAKE PEOPLE WHO ARE DETERMINED TO THE PINACLE...*just thinking-cant that guy go to Tb Joshua or any anointed preacher for healing,the guy is just Handsome.*

3 Likes

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by dridowu: 10:00am On Feb 10, 2013
In every disability there is an ability..............................ride on CAMP
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Mospring(m): 10:00am On Feb 10, 2013
Chanchit: Dts good. Only be say I never understand d whole concept.
its gud and idaful
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by ebamma(m): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2013
Akwa Cross has got talent, we are the best,thanks cobhams for keeping our flag flying

1 Like

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Dfrenzy(m): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2013
Damn, the gift of been blind is, you don't see distractions.

7 Likes

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by vislabraye(m): 10:09am On Feb 10, 2013
Great!!!
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Fadelex(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2013
While all dis maigoro for north av willingly turned blind only to be givin alms Cohbams is usin his condition to influence and inspire pple.... Disability is nt un-ability

7 Likes

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by victorazy(m): 10:23am On Feb 10, 2013
SamConquer: NO MATTER THE OBSTACLE GOD USUALLY TAKE PEOPLE WHO ARE DETERMINED TO THE PINACLE...*just thinking-cant that guy go to Tb Joshua or any anointed preacher for healing,the guy is just Handsome.*

Brother ur funny. I don't think ur a christian but if u do, I pity the bbreast that fed u (am sorry, no offence). What do u knw about life or must u comment on issue like this?.

If God can take people who are determined to pinnacle so what favour did he needs from TBJ? Be careful ppl u mentioned their names, plz o?.

3 Likes

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Asis(m): 10:24am On Feb 10, 2013
He is a Genius
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by blackbeau1(f): 10:27am On Feb 10, 2013
cobhams,you are really a gift to your generation and a lesson to all akwa ibomites including me-that inspite of your handicap and your being an indigene of a minor and downtrodden tribe in nigeria,you still made it.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 10, 2013
victorazy:

Brother ur funny. I don't think ur a christian but if u do, I pity the bbreast that fed u (am sorry, no offence). What do u knw about life or must u comment on issue like this?.

If God can take people who are determined to pinnacle so what favour did he needs from TBJ? Be careful ppl u mentioned their names, plz o?.
so u call urself a christian? Smh for u, u re 1 sick arshole. (No offence also) mtshew
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Techwriter: 10:47am On Feb 10, 2013
We don't say people like Asuquo are disabled rather we say they are "differently-abled"

1 Like

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by madridsta007(m): 10:49am On Feb 10, 2013
Inspiring message Cobhams.

However, I want to think differently. Blindness is not a gift. Sight is.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by otondo55: 10:52am On Feb 10, 2013
No Excuse, Thrust without fear, be blind to be focus...

Thanks for your wonderful speech, remain bless.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by andyanders: 11:09am On Feb 10, 2013
That is why God is everything we needed to be alive. If not God, who would have known this man's work. God is wonderful and nobody can equal him. He will have mercy and grace to whom He wants to have mercy on.

1 Like

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by victorazy(m): 11:11am On Feb 10, 2013
mikelreal: so u call urself a christian? Smh for u, u re 1 sick arshole. (No offence also) mtshew

Eya! U dey ur iinsane friend eh!
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by DeHero1: 11:31am On Feb 10, 2013
He's a great guy indeed... This is the song I love most

So I sing bless ye the Lord through my trials and all my troubles,
I have come with a heart of worship
For the gift of your Son, for the grace to fight my battles
I have come to you with thanksgiving

2 Likes

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by 1miccza: 11:47am On Feb 10, 2013
Is it open to any and every one?How can one be a part of it.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
ebamma: Akwa Cross has got talent, we are the best,thanks cobhams for keeping our flag flying

Grow up!

1 Like

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Abanicwise(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2013
madridsta007 (m): 10:49am
Inspiring message Cobhams.
However, I want to think differently. Blindness is not a gift.
Sight is.

really?
I wnt to think differently from ur submission as well, av u ever tot of if dis guy has his sight wt him, he might not be someone to reckon wt in life, cos so many people wt their sight wt nothing to show for it at d age 70, so, if dis guy can achieve all dis at his middle age wit total blindness from d womb, then I think dat blindness is a good gift to him from God......Cos d way of God is different from d ways of human....... Alot of people has died before his age wt their sight, so, of what use is deads sight, dude.?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Th Boy With The Biggest Head In The World .. / 11 Best Music 2020 To 2021 Latest Top Songs 2020 To 2021 (new Hits Playlist) U / Wale Freestyled To P-square`s No One Be Like You !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.