Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx (10311 Views)

ARTICLE: Blogger's Blindness, Misinformed Public / Cobhams Asuquo Performs On Ndani Sessions / Don Jazzy Vs Cobhams Asuquo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by SamConquer(m): 12:28pm On Feb 10, 2013
victorazy:

Brother ur funny. I don't think ur a christian but if u do, I pity the bbreast that fed u (am sorry, no offence). What do u knw about life or must u comment on issue like this?.

If God can take people who are determined to pinnacle so what favour did he needs from TBJ? Be careful ppl u mentioned their names, plz o?.
...BY THEIR NAME WE SHALL KNOW THEM UR NAME IS -victoCRAZY-NO WONDER..??-I PULL A CHAIR SAT DOWN AND THINK WHETHER TO REPLY A CRAZY INDIVIDUAL COMMENT AND I SAID NO,I WONT COS THE INDIVIDUAL HAVE GONE NUT.BUT ON A SECOND THOUGHT IF I LET U GO.WITHOUT GIVING YOU MY OWN PIECE OF CAKE U WILL THINK U HAVE COME OUT VICTORIOUS...SO CRAZYVIC I ALSO PITY THE SPOILT MILK U DRANK FROM THE ROTEN B.REAST.,READ THROUGH THE LINE OF A COMMENT B4 U 'FOOLISHLY FOOLISH' COMMENT(no offence either)
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Willgates(m): 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2013
black_beau: cobhams,you are really a gift to your generation and a lesson to all akwa ibomites including me-that inspite of your handicap and your being an indigene of a minor and downtrodden tribe in nigeria,you still made it.

ok ionno mean dis personaly bt...Bleep U! angry whch wat do u undastnd by d word DOWNTRODDEN wat a tribal insult! sad
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Abanicwise(m): 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2013
SamConquer: ...BY THEIR NAME WE SHALL KNOW THEM UR NAME IS -victoCRAZY-NO WONDER..??-I PULL A CHAIR SAT DOWN AND THINK WHETHER TO REPLY A CRAZY INDIVIDUAL COMMENT AND I SAID NO,I WONT COS THE INDIVIDUAL HAVE GONE NUT.BUT ON A SECOND THOUGHT IF I LET U GO.WITHOUT GIVING YOU MY OWN PIECE OF CAKE U WILL THINK U HAVE COME OUT VICTORIOUS...SO CRAZYVIC I ALSO PITY THE SPOILT MILK U DRANK FROM THE ROTEN B.REAST.,READ THROUGH THE LINE OF A COMMENT B4 U 'FOOLISHLY FOOLISH' COMMENT(no offence either)

Do u guys really need to go to dis Extent?
Using vulgar language indirectly on our parent all in d name of settling a score is directly on us........let learn to tolerate each other, cos we can make even a retard productive wt power of tolerance.
I wnt to believe dis a mature forum and we dont really need to embark on vulgar words against ourself to drive our point home......it is well wt our souls.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Candybob(m): 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2013
Blindness is no gift! The gift was 'his musical talent' and 'will to succeed in the face of challenge. The ability to find a way around his weakness, rather than succumbing to self pity.

1 Like

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2013
Please Where can I download that inspiring video? I need to keep a copy. Thanks for sharing .

1 Like

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by amtheone(m): 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2013
Adex097: .

U have started.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Lakayana: 2:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
We do not have any one that is disabled we are all able in our own unique ways. There is this boy at the car park of kaduna central market that will disgrace most drivers with two hands he does menial jobs diligently to survive. Kudos to the Lagos governor for passing that law and enforcing it.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Dandy1(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2013
In my own opinion,the best producer in Naija music industry.What he simply meant was that ''not seeing,or ignoring distractions helps one stay focused''.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Tinkybabe(f): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2013
Candybob: Blindness is no gift! The gift was 'his musical talent' and 'will to succeed in the face of challenge. The ability to find a way around his weakness, rather than succumbing to self pity.
He didn't mean it in the literal sense . that's why he said you have to be blind to be focused. ..
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by DollyParton1(f): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2013
Cobhams Asuquo.... the guy is blessed literally and figuratively..
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by ideee03(f): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
Bless you Cobhams.*sighs*
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by bizlinks(m): 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
This life is mysterious, how did he manage to cope all dis while, seeing what is on his production monitor and his keyboard key. Never know how the world he living and making name forune looks like. its incredible
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
Great video.

A few semesters ago, I had a landlord who was blind from birth, but he doesn't let that stop him from living. The man is an Engineer and goes to work everyday, using a taxi. I really like the lessons Cobhams gives in the video. Thanks for sharing, OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by MissOpe(f): 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dfrenzy: Damn, the gift of been blind is, you don't see distractions.
Did u call dat a gift?..
Do u prefer being blind to seeing distractions?
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by Artistree: 9:02pm On Feb 10, 2013
SamConquer: NO MATTER THE OBSTACLE GOD USUALLY TAKE PEOPLE WHO ARE DETERMINED TO THE PINACLE...*just thinking-cant that guy go to Tb Joshua or any anointed preacher for healing,the guy is just Handsome.*
Steve Wonder once promised 2relinquish his wealth 2whoever restores his vision...for where! Nobody bold invite am come e church!!! Shey TB Joshua no know Cobhams? E never hear of am b4? Y e neva tell am make e com 4 healing? Guy 4get d@ thing, na stories dat touch abeg...
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by birdman(m): 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2013
madridsta007: Inspiring message Cobhams.

However, I want to think differently. Blindness is not a gift. Sight is.

From his lecture, you could also call the title The Gift of Focus. His point is, being blind to everything else so you can achieve your goal is a gift. Im pretty sure Cobhams would love to get physical sight if he could.
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by maxani: 10:43pm On Feb 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxPEHmEYMw4

Guys watch Cobhams performe a song accompanied by the piano
Re: Asuquo Cobhams On The Gift On Blindness On Tedx by maxani: 12:11am On Feb 11, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Th Boy With The Biggest Head In The World .. / 11 Best Music 2020 To 2021 Latest Top Songs 2020 To 2021 (new Hits Playlist) U / Wale Freestyled To P-square`s No One Be Like You !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.