Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa (27253 Views)

ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies / Two Nigerians In Forbes' ‘Ten Young African Millionaires To Watch' List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa by Sormeh: 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
NigeriaKitchen: It is not something to be proud of...with banks, banks, dominating the list...shows our economy is still on the low side...we need to see more of IT firms, Telecoms, Power companies, Engineering firms, Hospitality, Tourism, Sporting firms (oh yes we can if we organize our sports well), etc...not just banks, banks, etc....its nothing to merry for angry
Abeg take five! U just photocopied my thought.
Re: 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa by dozymars(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
Watch out for my company in 10years from now. My company will amongst the top in the world in ten years time.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa by Pennywise(m): 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
What are the other 5 stubborn companies? This statistics is questionable
Re: 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa by uromicom: 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2013
Dfavouredone: But no jobs for the graduate to show for it. Nonsense.

YOU WHEN BLOCK ALL YOUR SUBJECT NO FIT PASS INTERVIEW GO STILL SAY NO JOB NA WAH OO GO WORK FOR MY PAPA BACKYARD NA
Re: 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa by biafranqueen: 7:57am On Apr 04, 2013
aribisala0: Like NNPC and Nigeria Airways,I getya
Re: 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa by biafranqueen: 8:04am On Apr 04, 2013
Alhaajiii Dangote cement is not even including his other ventures hey this guy is too much that goes to show a lesson to the youths that come from family with money use it as an opportunity to build an empire not floss at the clubs in flashy cars and waste on useless babes that will suck you dry. This man is very frugal and focused I salute! The rest of these western backed companies get a hands up for believing in the Nigerian consumer and creating jobs in our country! grin
Re: 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa by oyatz(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2017
Not totally correct sir, these companies are quoted on the Nigerian stock exchange with millions of Nigerians owing shares in it.
aribisala0:
[s]• Nigerian Breweries Plc(Owned by Heineken)
• Guinness Nigeria
• Nestlé Nigeria
• Stanbic IBTC
• Lafarge Cement WAPCO
• Total Nigeria
• Unilever Nigeria
• PZ Cussions
• Cadbury Nigeria Plc [/s]

NOT NIGERIAN
I believe Unilever owns UACN
Re: 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa by oyatz(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
Some of the companies you quoted aren't PUBLICLY listed on the stock exchange and among those listed, they rate them according to their capitalization.
aribisala0:
I do not understand your question? I Said they are not Nigerian companies .What has that got to do with whether or not they are in any other WA country. There are many other foreign companies in Nigeria eg Shell,Mobil CocaCola,MTN,etc and I do not understand why these ones are labelled as Nigerian.
Truth is Nigerians have not learnt how to iternationalize their businesses using companies. We are very much focussed on one man businesses that tend to die with the owner

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 / Huge Revelations Made By Aliko DANGOTE At Economist Summit In Lagos / "Tribapay Dollar Card Is The Cheapest And Best At N705/$1"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.