Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Forex Trading - Season 13 - Business (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 13 (655258 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by fxbomovi: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2013
XHTML: Just in. This is a good read:
http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/education/trading_tips/chart_of_the_day/2013/07/12/Entering_Trends_At_Great_Prices_With_Corrections.html
thanks for the explanation. I bought uj. Tp is at 99.5x. But atr says 99.7x. Am watching to see if price will reach atr level
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by McNelson(m): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
If you are not in the EU and GU sell......u re on a long thing. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Okhumode009(m): 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
Imagn getn signal alert on fx trend 30mins b4 it hapens:08163831777
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by McNelson(m): 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
McNelson: If you are not in the EU and GU sell......u re on a long thing. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Shop closed......Nice week of trading.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by JAkpayen(m): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
ogene70: hello my fellow traders, please where can i buy webmoney? any useful information will be appreciated, thanks.
How many do you need?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
OMG. see eu and gu doing it. came in after two days and saw my gu tp hit already lol. faster than i anticipated. i happy skatter ehn shocked
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by elewedu(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
XHTML:

Target Achieved on Gold. However, Rather than exit, I moved my SL to the TP - just under the 1277.xx support.
bros u be institutional trader....abi that ur profit is in cents(just musing aloud)

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by meshpips(m): 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
naijababe:

That long just get as e be for my eye. I am going to stand aside for now. If it does 106.xx, it just means I will get a chance to sell at a higher price.
Here's what I managed to take outta the crude trade.
Meshach.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by yomexy2(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
yomex_y2:

i actually have this EU trade on my radar, a nice bounce off 1/8th level, double bottom with a little cute reversal bar. i will be targeting 4/8th level which coincides with 61% fibo level. for EJ, i m already in the long trade aiming the nearest double top. For GU, i dont like the closing bar, the bears are in control

it really feels nice to have a story behind a trade i intend to take and to see the story play out the way i wanted.i have a buylimit waiting at 2/8th. for those wondering what those lines are... Google murrey math and read it up. Enjoy your weekend friends

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
fxbomovi: thanks for the explanation. I bought uj. Tp is at 99.5x. But atr says 99.7x. Am watching to see if price will reach atr level

You seem doing just fine with it. The indicator doesn't give you directions however, but projects a possible range in which a currency or pair can move.

There are three bands that will be displayed on the chart. The outter bands in plain black is the 100%, followed by the 70% and the mid 50% band. (or the High 1, high 2, high 3 and Low 1, Low 2, Low 3 respectively) - whichever way you like to call them.

On a conservative level, you'd want to have your TP at or a little above the 50% band level, If price breaches the 50% band towards the 70% and the band does not move along, it would indicate that momentum might be slowing down - around this point I most times take part profit, if possible (or switch to trailing stops).

If price breaches the 70% level up to the 100% band and the bands don't move along, then clearly momentum is slowing down and you'd want to be cautious about taking any new trades from that point unless you have a strong reason to (fundamental triggers and the likes).

You can see what happens in the attached chart (audusd) for example.

I got in after the support was breached, took part profit 0.90409 and closed the remainder at 0.90104 as clearly the bearish momentum was running out.

You can see that even though price surged down below the 100% band, it retracted, with price closing for the hourly candle at 0.90325. Anyone taking a further sell position below the 100% band level would be lucky to escape with no loss. When I opened the position, the Low 2 was around 0.9075x but you can see where it is now.

Since my core trading system revolves around selling the tops and buying the bottoms (especially in ranging markets). (I've long found out that I often get into trouble when I try to jump in mid-way), this is one of the useful tools in my arsenal.

Also, see the Usd/Jpy chart attached. Notice how the ATR projections might've helped one trade with precaution.

I'm not close to my storage device I'd have attached some concrete pdf materials on this but well, here is one I could locate at the moment (see link), you may pick up some points from it).

http://www.filedropper.com/tradingwithatrprojections

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by rozayx5(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
lets see what monday holds in Store for GBPUSD A cloud rebounce for me to buy or a complete breakthrough for me to sell cool

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by fxbomovi: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
XHTML:

You seem doing just fine with it. The indicator doesn't give you directions however, but projects a possible range in which a currency or pair can move.

There are three bands that will be displayed on the chart. The outter bands in plain black is the 100%, followed by the 70% and the mid 50% band. (or the High 1, high 2, high 3 and Low 1, Low 2, Low 3 respectively) - whichever way you like to call them.

On a conservative level, you'd want to have your TP at or a little above the 50% band level, If price breaches the 50% band towards the 70% and the band does not move along, it would indicate that momentum might be slowing down - around this point I most times take part profit, if possible (or switch to trailing stops).

If price breaches the 70% level up to the 100% band and the bands don't move along, then clearly momentum is slowing down and you'd want to be cautious about taking any new trades from that point unless you have a strong reason to (fundamental triggers and the likes).

I got in after the support was breached, took part profit 0.90409 and closed the remainder at 0.90104 as clearly the bearish momentum was running out.

You can see that even though price surged down below the 100% band, it retracted, with price closing for the hourly candle at 0.90325. Anyone taking a further sell position below the 100% band level would be lucky to escape with no loss. When I opened the position, the Low 2 was around 0.9075x but you can see where it is now.

Since my core trading system revolves around selling the tops and buying the bottoms (especially in ranging markets). (I've long found out that I often get into trouble when I try to jump in mid-way), this is one of the useful tools in my arsenal.

Also, see the Usd/Jpy chart attached. Notice how the ATR projections might've helped one trade with precaution.

I'm not close to my storage device I'd have attached some concrete pdf materials on this but well, here is one I could locate at the moment (see link), you may pick up some points from it).

thanks for the info.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
elewedu: bros u be institutional trader....abi that ur profit is in cents(just musing aloud)

Nah, I wouldn't upload a chart with profit in currency, it's all in points (pips i.e).

All thanks to the bullish trend on Gold . I clung to it till I was stopped out this morning (my target was 1275.xx anyways). Strategy was same as always, move the SL along new support zones (focus on the H4 timeframe).

Indicators
-Heiken Ashi - replacing the default candles, filtered out the noise, and helped me visualize a clear trend.
-Parabolic SAR (green dots) - used this as a buy confirmation and as an exit confirmation (I have to say this is a lovely combo with the heiken ashi).
-Support/Resistance - crucial this one, since it was a bullish trend, I used this to visualize key support levels so I could move my stop loss along (and trap in the profits as I followed the trend)
-Swingpoints (red/blue arrows) - useful to get the high/lows, didn't really need this but I always have it on, incase I need to draw up a quick Fib. Line or the likes
-MACD - used this in conjuction with the parabolic (also to identify overbought levels)
-Fisher m11 (blue/red histograms in the Macd window) - had this so I could detect a change in that trend and possibly exit in time.

Little offline engagements took me away from the screen but I checked the trade a couple times daily to see how it was doing or spot a good entry point to add positions (if I got alerts).

Decided to close the trades this morning - notice the change in trend (Fisher m11) and the MACD indicating overbought levels. Moved all SLs to my target and they got closed out - 23,000pips from all 4 positions.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by zinosleek(m): 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
saw this and decide to share here, do some backtesting to check the method

Originally Posted by R Carter
London Breakout 1

This London Breakout strategy has a win ratio of over 90%.

Currency pair: GBP/USD, EUR/USD - tested. Other pairs may also be used.

Time frame: 1 hour

Indicators: none

At this point it might be an idea to bring up the chart at the bottom of this post and read the strategy whilst looking at the chart.

Trading setup:

For this Forex system to work properly a trader needs to know the basics of drawing trend lines and be able to identify support and resistance lines.

Our working range includes 5 candles: from midnight to 04:00 EST (including the 04:00 candle).
Optional: draw a midnight vertical line for visual aid.

With those 5 candles look for valid swing high and swing low of the price.
Draw a downtrend trend line connecting a found swing high to the most recent swing high of the previous days (make sure the last one is a valid high to draw a downtrend trend line through it).
Do the same for a swing low: connect it to the most recent swing low of the previous days, make sure you are putting in the right trend line using the rules of drawing uptrend trend lines.

If a trader sees, for example, no swings high in the 5 candle range, that means there will be no downtrend trend lines this morning.

The Entry is on the break of either one of the two trend lines and is immediate without waiting for a current candle to close. A protective stop is placed just above/ below the candle that broke the trend line.

Profit target:

Usually the whole trade will unfold within the next three candles (count in the candle that broke the trend line).
So, after the actual breakout we have 3 hours or 3 candles to trade, after that we will exit the trade with whatever profits are made.

Main rule- Using S/R + timing:

Profit target is going to be the nearest level of support or resistance according to the S/R lines.
If, however, after only one candle this target is reached, it suggests a very strong market, we would therefore stay in the trade and set our goal for the next support/ resistance level. We would also choose the second S/R level as our profit goal if the first S/R level appears to be close to our entry point.
We have three candles to trade after the breakout, thats why we can trade calmly and allow our goal to shift to the next S/R level.

It is at the traders absolute discretion whether to set the target at the nearest S/R level and exit the trade once the target is hit or use 2 or 3 consecutive candles.

Another simplified option would be with fixed targets and timing.

For example, EUR/USD target = 20 pips - spread. GBP/USD = 40 pips - spread. These are only suggestions. For other currency pairs you will need to back or forward test.

Thats it! Properly applied this London breakout strategy is more than 90% effective.

Good luck and good trading - Robert.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by IgweOO(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
XHTML:

Thanks bro for the insights. Reading this, its more like we share similar trading strategy (buying/selling based on resistance and support) and also, similar indicators. Also, based on what I have seen, combining the ADR and ATR would make for a profitable trade. The other thing I want to ask is, in terms of the projections/daily range by both the ADR and ATR, there seem to be a very little deviation and you wrote earlier that you adjusted the ATR to 7 days where as the ADR is for 14 days, i just want to know where I can be able to adjust it to 14 days. I only want to compare both (7days and the 14days) to see the level of deviation.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by alionyinye(f): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hope una don collect all da pips finish,been offline sha
Came back 2 see a bullish pinbar,so I kuku buy collect ma 20 * 4=40 pips.k bye
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by prowitin(m): 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
just bought EJ. TILL NEXT WEEK ...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by alionyinye(f): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
prowitin: just bought EJ. TILL NEXT WEEK ...
der is a bearish pinbar in 4hr n 1hr on ma chart sha
just saying
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by prowitin(m): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
alionyinye:
der is a bearish pinbar in 4hr n 1hr on ma chart sha
just saying

...I SEE. WELL I WENT IN WITH A VERY TINY LOT SIZE. besides I see I spike/gap on it this week end. undecided
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Igwe OO:

Thanks bro for the insights. Reading this, its more like we share similar trading strategy (buying/selling based on resistance and support) and also, similar indicators. Also, based on what I have seen, combining the ADR and ATR would make for a profitable trade. The other thing I want to ask is, in terms of the projections/daily range by both the ADR and ATR, there seem to be a very little deviation and you wrote earlier that you adjusted the ATR to 7 days where as the ADR is for 14 days, i just want to know where I can be able to adjust it to 14 days. I only want to compare both (7days and the 14days) to see the level of deviation.

Oh yes, Support/Resistance zones are key to my trading system too. Both the ATR and ADR are similar (the ATR can be applied to any TF though while the ADR gives the average range for the day only) but I don't use them both at the same time. (I think what I wrote was I adjusted the ATR to 7days, but some traders using the ATR are comfortable with 14days)

The ATR indicator I attached on my other post is modified and hard coded to show the ATR of the past 7days and the current day's range. Settings weren't really provided to easily switch the periods, but I'll try to upload a modified version of this based on 14days.

If you want something quick to glance at, you can use the default ATR on the MT4 platform, and switch the period to 14 on the daily Timeframe. The screenshot attached shows the ATR (14days) on AUD/USD at 133, (couldn't position the price label at the exact spot) while the ATR (7days) is 140.

To get the 'ATR Projection Up' (on a 14day setting), you'll simply add the 133 to the days low (i.e 0.8996) = 0.9129 (as against 0.9137 with the 7day period) and 'ATR Projection Down', subtract 133 from the day's high (i.e 0.9189)= 0.9056 (as against 0.9049 with the 7day period).

*Thought I'd add this too - The ATR (5day period) for today is 148 on this pair. Similar to what you have on your ADR indicator, right? If true, that means your ADR is calculating based on the last 5days.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
yomex_y2:

it really feels nice to have a story behind a trade i intend to take and to see the story play out the way i wanted.i have a buylimit waiting at 2/8th. for those wondering what those lines are... Google murrey math and read it up. Enjoy your weekend friends

Very interesting, Murray Math Lines. From the Top of the Octave to the Baseline. I'll be looking further into this during the weekend.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by IgweOO(m): 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
XHTML:

Oh yes, Support/Resistance zones are key to my trading system too. Both the ATR and ADR are similar (the ATR can be applied to any TF though while the ADR gives the average range for the day only) but I don't use them both at the same time. (I think what I wrote was I adjusted the ATR to 7days, but some traders using the ATR are comfortable with 14days)

The ATR indicator I attached on my other post is modified and hard coded to show the ATR of the past 7days and the current day's range. Settings weren't really provided to easily switch the periods, but I'll try to upload a modified version of this based on 14days.

If you want something quick to glance at, you can use the default ATR on the MT4 platform, and switch the period to 14 on the daily Timeframe. The screenshot attached shows the ATR (14days) on AUD/USD at 133, (couldn't position the price label at the exact spot) while the ATR (7days) is 140.

To get the 'ATR Projection Up' (on a 14day setting), you'll simply add the 133 to the days low (i.e 0.8996) = 0.9129 (as against 0.9137 with the 7day period) and 'ATR Projection Down', subtract 133 from the day's high (i.e 0.9189)= 0.9056 (as against 0.9049 with the 7day period).

*Thought I'd add this too - The ATR (5day period) for today is 148 on this pair. Similar to what you have on your ADR indicator, right? If true, that means your ADR is calculating based on the last 5days.

FTA amaka. lots of beautiful people sharing ideas for the benefit of all. Una thank you very much.

Yea, its hard coded hence I couldnt find where to modify it to 14days, to check the difference between 7 and 14 days. Earlier today, I attached both (ADR and ATR) on oil chart and there seem to be a little difference in there daily range projection but not that it matters much. As you mentioned, you can upload the modified version (14days) for the benefit of all interested.
Me, i would be using both. ATR lets you know where to add more position. ADR, where to take profit and sometimes too, lets you know price direction.

Thanks bro. Ya dikwara gi nma. (let it be well with you)
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by surveycash3: 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
iheanyiebeneze: Volatility seem to have gone out of Forex trading this few hours.

Surveycash sent you a pm sir.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 9:51am On Jul 13, 2013
Forex trader try this, this weekend you will like it, you just need to register then create a free thread and you will start generating coin which you can redeem using your perfect money account it is good try it. this the link http://coingeneration.com/auth/new/296395/ it is website which host is located in califonia USA it is genuine give it a try
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by nolly042(m): 11:00am On Jul 13, 2013
finally they released me from there detention
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by teeboy4x(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
XHTML:

Nah, I wouldn't upload a chart with profit in currency, it's all in points (pips i.e).

All thanks to the bullish trend on Gold . I clung to it till I was stopped out this morning (my target was 1275.xx anyways). Strategy was same as always, move the SL along new support zones (focus on the H4 timeframe).

Indicators
-Heiken Ashi - replacing the default candles, filtered out the noise, and helped me visualize a clear trend.
-Parabolic SAR (green dots) - used this as a buy confirmation and as an exit confirmation (I have to say this is a lovely combo with the heiken ashi).
-Support/Resistance - crucial this one, since it was a bullish trend, I used this to visualize key support levels so I could move my stop loss along (and trap in the profits as I followed the trend)
-Swingpoints (red/blue arrows) - useful to get the high/lows, didn't really need this but I always have it on, incase I need to draw up a quick Fib. Line or the likes
-MACD - used this in conjuction with the parabolic (also to identify overbought levels)
-Fisher m11 (blue/red histograms in the Macd window) - had this so I could detect a change in that trend and possibly exit in time.

Little offline engagements took me away from the screen but I checked the trade a couple times daily to see how it was doing or spot a good entry point to add positions (if I got alerts).

Decided to close the trades this morning - notice the change in trend (Fisher m11) and the MACD indicating overbought levels. Moved all SLs to my target and they got closed out - 23,000pips from all 4 positions.

Please help me with the swing points indicator
Thanks
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by FxTizzle(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
yomex_y2:

Help me attach murrey math line x indicator and the settings you are using with it. What's the best time frame for the indicator
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by yomexy2(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
FxTizzle:

Help me attach murrey math line x indicator and the settings you are using with it. What's the best time frame for the indicator

use the default. the levels are the same from 5m to daily.. key reversals happen at 2/8th,4/8th,6/8th. oversold zones happen below 0/8th, overbought zone happen above 8/8th. if price gets to -1/8th, it will reverse 75% of the time, if it gets to -2/8th level, it will reverse 95% of the time. same for +1/8 and +2/8th levels. For me , at those levels, i pay attention to price action on 4hr tf.

Read more about it,google is your friend.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by willscolf: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
onojiwizard@gmail.com:
Forex trader try this, this weekend you will like it, you just need to register then create a free thread and you will start generating coin which you can redeem using your perfect money account it is good try it. this the link http://coingeneration.com/auth/new/296395/ it is website which host is located in califonia USA it is genuine give it a try
i smell scam
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
meshpips:
Here's what I managed to take outta the crude trade.
Meshach.

You should have left your long, I got in again at 105.10 and added another lot at 105.30 after it closed above 105 at 1pm yesterday. Next level to look for reaction is 106.55 where I will probably be looking to add more or hold/exit depending on what I see. It closed at 106.35 on Friday so I will be doing some vigil till Asian open on Sunday night.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by FxTizzle(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
yomex_y2:

use the default. the levels are the same from 5m to daily.. key reversals happen at 2/8th,4/8th,6/8th. oversold zones happen below 0/8th, overbought zone happen above 8/8th. if price gets to -1/8th, it will reverse 75% of the time, if it gets to -2/8th level, it will reverse 95% of the time. same for +1/8 and +2/8th levels. For me , at those levels, i pay attention to price action on 4hr tf.

Read more about it,google is your friend.

Thanks very much,will read more about it.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by FxTizzle(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
yomex_y2:
8-10 segun adetiba road ,ajegunle-ilo bus stop near sango-otta off oshodi-abeokuta expressway, lagos Nigeria. i would appreciate Traders here discuss it whether its worth organizing or not. Personally, i think its worth it. we need at least 100likes for it to sail thru. Remember its iheanyiebeneze's idea, i m only adding some fire to it. voting is on page 374

As my own little contribution i will take just 1 newbie to mentor preferably a fresh graduate be it from a university, polytechnic ,college of education

Am Interested but am in Imo State right now,how can I contact you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (703) (Reply)

How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 17 ➜ ➜ ➜ / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 16 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.