Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Pope Benedict To Resign - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict To Resign (29568 Views)

This Man Believes He Is Jesus Christ...pope Benedict Him. / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Pope Benedict XVI To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Kei144(m): 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
A lot of signals are showing that biblical end time will commence during Passover feast this year (Easter week). This sudden resignation of the Pope is just a new strong signal in that direction.

[size=15pt]Vision Two:

A Jew will rise to power and lead the German nation.
He will be assassinated.
He will be blessed on his death bed by the newly elected Roman Pontiff.
He will miraculously survive.
He will become the most popular world leader.
He will rebuild the German army.
He will lead the European Union.
He and the new Roman Pontiff will become political allies.
The new Roman Pontiff shall have great power with the Jew.

http://sodlikeproductions.motion-forum.net/t450-biblical-end-time-2010-2017

A new leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics could be elected as soon as Palm Sunday, on March 24 and be ready to take over by Easter a week later, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-resigns-saying-no-longer-strength-fulfill-ministry-112923467.html[/size]

The next Pope is the last Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. He is Peter the Roman. He is the end-time false prophet. He begins operation during the Easter week of 2013. Can you see the connection? Rapture will not happen this year though, because there is no pretribulational rapture.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
bleufaucon: The prophecies are being fulfilled just as ignorant catholic adherents continue to follow blindly. The time has come for simon peter to take the thrown of the emperors of ancient Rome as the Potifex Maximus,the vicar of christ. The next pope will be remarkably young,overly gifted and with a fierce countenance. His reign will usher in the Amagedon..All this will be masterminded by the sons of Loyola(the jesuits).
where did u get this from?
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
bleufaucon: The prophecies are being fulfilled just as ignorant catholic adherents continue to follow blindly. The time has come for simon peter to take the thrown of the emperors of ancient Rome as the Potifex Maximus,the vicar of christ. The next pope will be remarkably young,overly gifted and with a fierce countenance. His reign will usher in the Amagedon..All this will be masterminded by the sons of Loyola(the jesuits).
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
farem: [color=#990000].
Contrary to your jaundiced reasoning, there has never been a nigerian pope AND all of them have died in the office. Based on this your assersion, Buhari may be better than 99% of them.
not all died in office.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by peckerlord: 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
greateros: dullest pope so far! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Pope John Paul II is still the best even in death! undecided undecided

God forgive you
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by jaymdee(m): 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN: why will sum1 resign from doing Gods Work? Did Abraham Resign? Na wa oo,Catholic don turn to public office where ppl come nd resign..........av neva been a fan of Catholics though
Where in that story did you see that he's resigning from God's work?. English isn't that hard.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
bokohalal: The only way to mitigate the impending child sex scandal that went up all the way to the papacy. My thinking.
d scandal is there whether he resigns or not. The last time i watched a papal mass, d pope couldnt walk to and from d alter he was using a rolling platform, b4 that he was flanked on both sides by deacons, he already uses glass. 16hrs in the office. His mind and body cant hold that much stress, he is increasingly looking tired day by day, already uses glass. If he fill his age would limit his ability to serve in dat particular ministry, i totally support d move.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
safarigirl: He's supposed to die in that position. He'll be the first Pope in 598 years to resign.

Read from twitter that there's a 'Prophecy of Popes' that states that Benedict XVI will be the secon to the last Pope before the coming of Christ
that must be d much talked abt "prophecy of st malachy" or that of nestradamus. I dont subscribe to any of dem.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
We Are All Sinners –Pope's Strange
Tweet Before His Resignation
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
akande.james:

As pope, dont expect him to communicate in plain english(His words are coded). those who read in between the lines will decipher this guy is under pressure and speaking of conscience, you should reason that he talks of the struggle between good and bad in his own heart. looking back to history, so many scandals have rocked his office and exposure of classified files which threatens the existence of the office itself. Just recently, one of the bodyguards blew a whistle about the corruption in the hierarchy. i guess this is the humble pie he has to bite. It's the only option he has i guess. (in my own opinion)...
d so called whistle had nting to do with d pope, it was abt d roman court.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
Symphony007: Cardinal francis arinze of anambra state from nigeria is a front runner as the next pope. He was the third most powerfull cardinal after cardinal ratzinger(now pope benedict) during the reign of pope john paul. Hope vatican politics or his nationality does not deny this dedicated man of this palpacy!!
stop dis joke, arize can, so can others, d papacy isnt abt age or achievement.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by NessaFresh(f): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
What happens to his twitter?

Or is twitter the cause?
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by tpia5: 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
i dont think twitter should be the cause since he doesnt necessarily have to type there himself.

his assistants can do that for him.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
MostHigh:

YOU LIE.

HIS ACCLAIMED TITLE IS THE VICE OF CHRIST (VICARIUS FILLE DEI) ALL POPES.

AND WE ALL KNOW THAT CHRIST HAS NO ASSISTANT SO WHO IS THIS MAN REALLY?

ANYONE THAT CLAIMS TO BE YASHUAS ASSISTANT MUST TRULY BE THE DEVIL
really? Im christ assistant! Does dat prick u?
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
plaetton:

Hey, You beat me to it. grin

This is an abdication, not a resignation.

I smell a big big rat.
The catholic church does not break with tradition for no reason.
His excuse is not good enough. He is supposed to die in that office.

The suddeness of the resignation is a good indication that he is being forced , by unknown forces within or outside the Vatican, to abdicate.
Coupe de etats in the Vatican are not new.

Stay tuned. cool
peter d hermit also called pope celestine resigned and he was also sad.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by pokur: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
naijaswag: FYI: Nigerian Cardinal Francis Arinze ISN'T ELIGIBLE to become pope. He turned 80 in Nov, which disqualifies him from voting/being named.
He isn't disqualified from being elected,just from voting.All Cardinals aged 80 n above cannot vote,but they can observe the proceedings n provide some guidance when necessary,but they are not barred from being voted for
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
tpia@:

is he retiring to a monastery?
yeah, that's how it goes, he is probably going to spend d rest of his life on his kneel.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Ubenedictus(m): 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
plaetton:

From all the above, we can infer that papal resignations have only occured during periods of schisms or extra-ordinary circumstances. Age and Ailing health has never been one of them.
So despite this official reason, I have no doubts, that in a short while, we shall see real reasons for this forced abdication of Pope Benedict.
this isnt true pope celestive retired due to age among other things his reasons read "because of my lowliness, my desire for a mor pefect life, my advanced age and infirmities and my ignorance and inexperience in world affairs" as u can see advanced age is quite acceptable, st celestin retired d papacy and went to d mountain to continue a life of prayer and died after 10months of prayer and fasting
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by djfiifi(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
Cardinal Peter Turkson, currently the president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace is the early market leader at 9/4 and speaks six languages. The Ghanaian understands Latin and Greek and has seen plenty of support early doors.
Canadian Cardinal Marc Ouellet is 5/2 to be elected as the next Pope. He is Prefect of the congregation for Bishops which is seen as a powerful position within the Vatican, it seems. According to one of the Paddy Power lads who has his finger on the Catholic pulse, Cardinal Marc has experience of working in Latin in America, is a friend of Benedict and is apparently outgoing and charismatic. At 64 he is about the right age but could be seen as too young if anything!
Cardinal Francis Arinze of Nigeria at 3/1. If either Cardinal Francis Arinze or Cardinal Peter Turkson are elected it would be the first time in history there would be a black Pope.
Early steamers in the market are Cardinal Keith O’Brien from Scotland who has been trimmed from 40/1 into 33/1, and Archbishop Diarmuid Martin who has seen his price slashed from 150/1 in to 80/1. It doesn’t look so good for Bono or Father Dougal Maguire though and they are both big outsiders at 1000/1.
Source: Paddy Power

Cardinal Turkson,make our alma mater St Teresa's Seminary proud.
Make Africa proud.
I am proud I served as a mass servicer twice under you.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by djfiifi(m): 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
Cardinal Peter Turkson, currently the president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace is the early market leader at 9/4 and speaks six languages. The Ghanaian understands Latin and Greek and has seen plenty of support early doors.
Canadian Cardinal Marc Ouellet is 5/2 to be elected as the next Pope. He is Prefect of the congregation for Bishops which is seen as a powerful position within the Vatican, it seems. According to one of the Paddy Power lads who has his finger on the Catholic pulse, Cardinal Marc has experience of working in Latin in America, is a friend of Benedict and is apparently outgoing and charismatic. At 64 he is about the right age but could be seen as too young if anything!
Cardinal Francis Arinze of Nigeria at 3/1. If either Cardinal Francis Arinze or Cardinal Peter Turkson are elected it would be the first time in history there would be a black Pope.
Early steamers in the market are Cardinal Keith O’Brien from Scotland who has been trimmed from 40/1 into 33/1, and Archbishop Diarmuid Martin who has seen his price slashed from 150/1 in to 80/1. It doesn’t look so good for Bono or Father Dougal Maguire though and they are both big outsiders at 1000/1.
Source: Paddy Power

Cardinal Turkson,make our alma mater St Teresa's Seminary proud.
Make Africa proud.
I am proud I served as a mass servicer twice under you.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by DAVE5(m): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
ELgordo: Hope you guys know that the next pope coming in is going to be the one to usher in the Antichrist he is going to be the False Prophet . . . Heads up people Rapture is the next thing . . . This new pope in going to be in full support of same sex Marriage. . Let us hold hands and pray we get close to God. . .Jesus Christ
bro pls i'll advice u shld be very careful abt wat ur tongue pronounces,so u dnt acquire any trouble dat is not urs...
Jst sayin..
If u hav notin good 2 say den prevent d comment button
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by FECOSON: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
His is doing it for the good and future of the church
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Groundzero1: 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
justwise: African time to become a Pope, a Nigerian probably.
For ur info,3 African have become popes. This is always wat almost everyone doesn't know. The 3 are from north Africa respectively and all three are coincidentaly SAINTS during their reigns
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by tpia5: 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
pope gelasius [492 AD - 498 AD] was north african, berber. Meaning he was at least born in north africa, ethnicity not really certain, so to speak. But not black.

pope victor [192 AD - 199 AD] was also born in north africa, the first "african" pope. Back then north africa was known as africa and subsaharan africa was called ethiopia.

pope militiades [311 AD - 314 AD] was the third pope of north african birth.

All three were roman subjects.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
Geezle: 10:57AM GMT 11 Feb 2013

Benedict XVI was one of the oldest new popes in history when he was elected in 2005

Last year the Pope started using a cane on occasions and recently he appeared to have trouble reading the text of an address he delivered in Rome.

There was no immediate comment from the Vatican.

More to follow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/9862194/Pope-Benedict-XVI-to-resign.html

just noticed that the guy was brain dying. sorry oh
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by egbenduru: 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
For those criticising the humble request of the pope that the blessed virgin pray for the church,do realise that the first miracle of Jesus at Cana in Galilee during a wedding came through the intercession of the blessed virgin mary.Jesus knowing fully well that the time to launch fully into his public ministry listened to her,Mary became yet a model for selfless and caring christians.She knew Jesus well,his ability to work miracles but never requested for this miracles for herself or her family,always thinking of others.Let us learn from her.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Azukaorji(m): 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
I think ''obama boys'' hv given him condition....nna anyi pope.resign kwaa ma ife a karia.though gari price remain constant
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by richs(m): 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
interesting so the last Pope that will do the bidding of the dark one has finally arrived we have waited centuries for this who will this Italian be, this is epic history in the making
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by blocker: 1:11am On Feb 12, 2013
thisismike: I thought the Pope is infallible
That wz d same thng marthin luther contested. Only the Godhead cud be described as Infallible. I think God's set 2reduce man where he belongs ;DI thought the Pope is infallible
That wz d same thng marthin luther contested. Only the Godhead cud be described as Infallible. I think God's set 2reduce man where he belongs
. Well let me educate you a litte. The infallibility doctrine of the Church teaches that the pope cannot make mistake in its teachings.Historians (Catholic and protestants alike) have studied doctrinal issues of the world's religions only to find out that the Catholic Church has not shifted grounds in its doctrines in over 2000 years unlike the others (many of whom are less than 500 years in existence) If this is not consistency then I don't know what is.Infallibity does not imply that man is free from mortal sin since all men have sinned and come short of God's glory. Even the pope goes for confession.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by tpia5: 2:05am On Feb 12, 2013
rich$:
interesting so the last Pope that will do the bidding of the dark one has finally arrived we have waited centuries for this who will this Italian be, this is epic history in the making

how do you know the bolded.

i mean how did you reach that conclusion.

there should still be another 400 years to go, give or take a few.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by bleufaucon: 5:47am On Feb 12, 2013
The new pope will use a unique name that has never been used before,he will come from a jewish family. This is the Last pope for the catholic church,the 8th since 1929,known as Peter. Those anticipating for the rapture might as well commit suicide cos that aint gonna happen for the impending conflict is most imminent.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Agimor(m): 6:55am On Feb 12, 2013
Humility on play.may the Lord be your strength.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Mike Bamiloye: After Receiving Babies From Devil People Give Testimony In Church / Eid al-Fitr: Kalu Breaks Fast With Muslims In Umuahia, Donates Cash, Food Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.