Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Pope Benedict To Resign - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict To Resign (29602 Views)

This Man Believes He Is Jesus Christ...pope Benedict Him. / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Pope Benedict XVI To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MostHigh: 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
St.Ola:

The only possession a Pope or a Priest will be buried with will be his coffin. By the rules of their vocation they've surrendered all material possession. Any vehicle or house is owned by the church. The church is the family they have that provides all and inherit all.

Christ was a leader of a jewish sect that suffered persecution. The Pope is the leader of that sect that has now grown to rule the world wherein it then suffered persecution. Also the Bishop of Rome (Pope) is the sovereign ruler(head of state) of the independent Vatican City, thus meriting a presidential welcome anywhere in the world.

YOU LIE.

HIS ACCLAIMED TITLE IS THE VICE OF CHRIST (VICARIUS FILLE DEI) ALL POPES.

AND WE ALL KNOW THAT CHRIST HAS NO ASSISTANT SO WHO IS THIS MAN REALLY?

ANYONE THAT CLAIMS TO BE YASHUAS ASSISTANT MUST TRULY BE THE DEVIL

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by kalunomics(m): 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
MostHigh:

VIRGIN MOTHER IS LUCIFERIAN (VATICAN) CONCEPT WELL ESTABLISHED BEFORE CHRIST.AND NOWHERE IS THIS SCRIPTURALLY SUPPORTED

ALSO THAT MEANS MY MOTHER IS THE MOTHER OF GOD AS WELL SEEING I AM THE SON OF GOD ALSO.

SEE OSIRIS AND MITHRS
have you seen what is called 'the bible' before? I don't suppose you have. Who compiled the bible in use today? I don't suppose u know cuz if u do, ur brain would've realised that the church can as well attach the part that will prove their claims of Mary, being the mother of God in it. You even lack the basic sense of logical reasoning. Please don't ever bother quoting me cuz i won't reply u. From the way u talk, u seem like a clean slate(no offence intended). God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
[quote author=maclatunji][/quote] you dumb ban me grin tongue tongue.
And m anti -religious. Stop being a slave of your Arab masters, grow some balls angry

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by StOla: 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
Symphony007: Cardinal francis arinze of anambra state from nigeria is a front runner as the next pope. He was the third most powerfull cardinal after cardinal ratzinger(now pope benedict) during the reign of pope john paul. Hope vatican politics or his nationality does not deny this dedicated man of this palpacy!!

He is well beyond the age limit of 78yrs. Cardinal Ratzinger was just on 78yrs when elected. Note also that despite being the most senior cardinal then, seniority doesn't exist as a rule in the election process a la Cardinal Karol Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II)
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by StOla: 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
MostHigh:

YOU LIE.

HIS ACCLAIMED TITLE IS THE VICE OF CHRIST (VICARIUS FILLE DEI) ALL POPES.

AND WE ALL KNOW THAT CHRIST HAS NO ASSISTANT SO WHO IS THIS MAN REALLY?

ANYONE THAT CLAIMS TO BE YASHUAS ASSISTANT MUST TRULY BE THE DEVIL

I see no correlation in your response. Must be the hot African sun, please use panadol for your headache!

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by 9jaIhail(m): 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
akande.james:

As pope, dont expect him to communicate in plain english(His words are coded). those who read in between the lines will decipher this guy is under pressure and speaking of conscience, you should reason that he talks of the struggle between good and bad in his own heart. looking back to history, so many scandals have rocked his office and exposure of classified files which threatens the existence of the office itself. Just recently, one of the bodyguards blew a whistle about the corruption in the hierarchy. i guess this is the humble pie he has to bite. It's the only option he has i guess. (in my own opinion)...

Less assume all the craps you posted above is true. Will Buhari,OBJ, or any of your leader be courageous enough to take such decision to leave power?

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by raynold(m): 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
solomon111: Actually the popes have the uneviable title of being chronic child molesters.
It is a known truth,all over the world.
y do some people act like fools? did any Pope, molest your son, brother, friend, relation or even you or do you have prove..I always knew that penticostal churches hated the Catholic church..I'll rather be a pagan than attend a penticostal church..
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by elampiro(m): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
From prisoner of war to pontiff: A timeline of Pope Benedict XVI's life

The life of Joseph Ratzinger, Pope Benedict XVI

April 16, 1927: Joseph Ratzinger born in Marktl Inn, Bavaria.

1939: Enters the minor seminary in Traunstein, Germany.

1943: At the age of 16, he and members of his seminary class are drafted into the German anti-aircraft corps.

1945: Deserts the army and returns to Traunstein. He is briefly held by American forces in a prisoner of war camp. After his release, he re-enters the seminary.

1951: Ordained into the priesthood by Cardinal Faulhaber of Munich.

1953: Receives his doctorate in theology from the University of Munich with a thesis entitled "The People and House of God in St. Augistine's Doctrine of the Church."

1959: Begins lecturing as a professor of fundamental theology at the University of Bonn.

1962-1965: Participates in all four sessions of the Second Vatican Council as theological adviser to Cardinal Joseph Frings of Cologne, Germany.

1972: Becomes one of the co-founders of Catholic theology journal Communio.

1977: Named Archbishop of Munich and Freising in March and elevated to Cardinal of Munich in June by Pope Paul VI.

1981: Named Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith by Pope John Paul II.

1998: Named Vice-Dean of the College of Cardinals.

2002: Elected Dean of the College of Cardinals.

April 19, 2005: Cardinal Ratzinger elected as the 265th pope and chooses the name Pope Benedict XVI.

Feb. 11, 2012: Pope Benedict XVI announces he will step down on Feb. 28.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/11/16924416-from-prisoner-of-war-to-pontiff-a-timeline-of-pope-benedict-xvis-life?lite
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Zet72(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
raynold: y do some people act like fools? did any Pope, molest your son, brother, friend, relation or even you or do you have prove..I always knew that penticostal churches hated the Catholic church..I'll rather be a pagan than attend a penticostal church..
Bros u are better off a pagan than a blind Roman catholic b/c u are neither a Christian nor pagan...So choose u today whom u will serve....

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MostHigh: 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
raynold: y do some people act like fools? did any Pope, molest your son, brother, friend, relation or even you or do you have prove..I always knew that penticostal churches hated the Catholic church..I'll rather be a pagan than attend a penticostal church..

KEEP ON PRETENDING YOU CANT SEE THE TRUTH

OVER 8 BILLION DOLLARS SPENT ON CHILD MOLESTATION CASES IN IRELAND, AUSTRAILIA AND AMERICA TALK LESS OF THE ONES WE HAVE NOT HEARD ABOUT AND YOU ARE STILL BLIND

HABA MALLAM!!

SHAME.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
St.Ola:

The only possession a Pope or a Priest will be buried with will be his coffin. By the rules of their vocation they've surrendered all material possession. Any vehicle or house is owned by the church. The church is the family they have that provides all and inherit all.

Christ was a leader of a jewish sect that suffered persecution. The Pope is the leader of that sect that has now grown to rule the world wherein it then suffered persecution. Also the Bishop of Rome (Pope) is the sovereign ruler(head of state) of the independent Vatican City, thus meriting a presidential welcome anywhere in the world.
story Lier Lier Lier Lier

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
u compare a pope with a politician..U guys re fools.....as a pope much is expected of you.......,u re Comparing Buhari With A Pope......Buhari who rigged election to get into office,he must av killed so many ppl to get where he was.........A pope is a man who leads d blind catholics,dey claim he was Called of God nd yet dey do election to select a pope oh my God wen did Politics enter Christianity?.................if u compare buhari with a pope it means d pope has no worth
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by bambuzz88: 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MostHigh: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
BABYLAN YOUR THRONE FALL DOWN FALL DOWN!!

BABYLAN YOUR THRONE FALL DOWN!!
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by StOla: 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
kacheezy:
Nazi War criminal...child molester...abandoned a sinking ship.

How does a teenager compulsorily drafted into his country's military during a war become a war criminal?

Even the jews who have a legitimate grouse aren't so devoid of objectivity.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by HezronLorraine(m): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
I read he's resigning cause he says he's too old to run d holy papacy of the Roman Catholic Church.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by elampiro(m): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
History of Popes Resignation.

Precedents for papal resignations

— Feb. 11 9:13 AM EST

The Vatican announced Monday that Pope Benedict XVI is stepping down on Feb. 28. While such papal resignations are extremely rare, there are precedents in the two millennia history of the Catholic Church.

— Marcellinus: This early church pope abdicated or was deposed in 304 after complying with the Roman emperor's order to offer sacrifice to the pagan gods.

— Benedict IX: Sold the papacy to his godfather Gregory VI and resigned in 1045.

—Celestine V: Overwhelmed by the demands of the office, this hermetic pontiff stepped down after five months as pope in 1294. Pope Benedict XVI prayed at his tomb in the central Italian city of L'Aquila in 2009.

—Gregory XII: The last pope to resign, Gregory XII stepped down in 1415 to help end a church schism.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/precedents-papal-resignations
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by elampiro(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
Pope Benedict XVI is fluent in German, English, Italian, French, and Spanish and has knowledge of Portuguese and some other languages.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: I read he's resigning cause he says he's too old to run d holy papacy of the Roman Catholic Church.
dats d excuse bro
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by StOla: 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN: u compare a pope with a politician..U guys re fools.....as a pope much is expected of you.......,u re Comparing Buhari With A Pope......Buhari who rigged election to get into office,he must av killed so many ppl to get where he was.........A pope is a man who leads d blind catholics,dey claim he was Called of God nd yet dey do election to select a pope oh my God wen did Politics enter Christianity?.................if u compare buhari with a pope it means d pope has d worth

So how do u propose a christian leader be determined? The 11 disciples drew lots after prayer to replace Judas, having to pick between Mathias and Barsabas Justus.

Christ did not descend from heaven to make the choice.

You probably have a disdain for elections, knowing your mediocre personality will be rejected by all.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
St.Ola:

So how do u propose a christian leader be determined? The 11 disciples drew lots after prayer to replace Judas, having to pick between Mathias and Barsabas Justus.

Christ did not descend from heaven to make the choice.

You probably have a disdain for elections, knowing your mediocre personality will be rejected by all.

lol d truth seem to hurt U......,.......how do Catholics do their election?
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by StOla: 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN:

lol d truth seem to hurt U......,.......how do Catholics do their election?

I asked a question and Mr reasonable point lacks a coherent response!

Am I surprised? I guess you have to go bring what's left of your puerile rants from where you stored them.
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by go4value(m): 4:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
Catholic church resigned from CAN..now na pope turn ?
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 4:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
St.Ola:

I asked a question and Mr reasonable point lacks a coherent response!

Am I surprised? I guess you have to go bring what's left of your puerile rants from where you stored them.

mr english man e don do abeg u win there is no point arguing.......its obvious u dont wanna take d truth as a gentleman am gonna let it go......am only 17 i neva finish sch,dont kill me with English pls take it easy
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by Uffakowoicho(m): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
So chris brown has actually caused d pope 2 lose faith in God & resign so cheaply.
He can stay up 2 90 years & work as pope. John paul could barely sit yet he continued 2 work as pope until he died.
Wat is he resigning 2 do or achieve

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by MEILYN(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
St.Ola:

REASONABLE POINTS! Child you think too highly of your thoughtlessness. Go skating or babysit a younger one.

tanks i will do just dat
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by egbenduru: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
It is quite true that the supreme pontif has indicated his readiness to resign his position of the head of the catholic institution.The pope otherwise known as josef Ratsinger is a celebrated theologian of no mean repute,an academic giant and a former archbishop.I had the priviledge of reading some of his books,he loves writting with a passion.However,he did say at the beginning of his papacy that though willing to serve he would not hesitate to tender his resignation if age and health conditions fail him in the discharge of his duties,in the text of his intended resignation before the Roman curia,he said that the duties of a shepherd demands words and actions.Having weighed the frailty of his age and health,he would gracefully resign his position come 28th of February 2013.I think he has a right to this choice.We may view this differently because for nearly 600 yrs this is the first time we are having a situation like this after that of Gregory the XII.The pope wishes to retire to a life of prayer in the cistercian monastery.To this great man of God I say,weldone,God is all,man is nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by StOla: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN:

mr english man e don do abeg u win there is no point arguing.......its obvious u dont wanna take d truth as a gentleman am gonna let it go......am only 17 i neva finish sch,dont kill me with English pls take it easy

Next time learn not to criticise a process for which there's no superior alternative known to man. You find fault with the practise of electing popes, I asked you educate me on an alternative process, you begin comparing with party politics. What is the truth? Your version or mine? You have now learnt why religion is a personal matter. You can never convince a 2nd party to illumination when he considers you to be the one in darkness.

I already said you're not a concerned party, yet you want to educate Catholics on how to choose their OWN leader. You even failed at this because you only harbour criticism without proposing your solution

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by StOla: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN:

Next time learn not to criticise a process for which there's no superior alternative known to man. You find fault with the practise of electing popes, I asked you educate me on an alternative process, you begin comparing with party politics. What is the truth? Your version or mine? You have now learnt why religion is a personal matter. You can never convince a 2nd party to illumination when he considers you to be the one in darkness.

I already said you're not a concerned party, yet you want to educate Catholics on how to choose their OWN leader. You even failed at this because you only harbour criticism without proposing your solution.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Miracle Twins, After Doctor Said She Was Carrying Fibroid / Peter Ebhota Udo Dies Of Hypertension 22 Months After Freedom From Kidnappers / Rep Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.