Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign (2007 Views)

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
naptu2:

He is now the Cardinal Emeritus (I.e retired cardinal). His retirement home is in the new monastery in Lekki. He now walks with a cane.
walks with a cane as in..... please elaborate further .
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by naptu2: 4:51am On Feb 12, 2013
berem: walks with a cane as in..... please elaborate further .

In one day I saw two great icons of my childhood.

Monsignor (Col) Pedro Martins is now 102 years old. I couldn't recognise him. The Colonel is now in a wheelchair and had to be carried from the car to the wheelchair. His hands had curled (presumably because of arthritis).

I know that Cardinal Okogie has had leg problems since the early 2000s and I know that in recent times he has had to be assisted (for example, in recent years, he has had to ride on a pick-up truck during Corpus Christi processions), but I was shocked to see him walking with a cane. He still recognised me (he used to bring the sweetest cakes to my house when I was a kid). It seems the walk took a toll on him. That's when I realised . . .we are all getting old!
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Ishilove: 5:49am On Feb 12, 2013
naptu2:

In one day I saw two great icons of my childhood.

Monsignor (Col) Pedro Martins is now 102 years old. I couldn't recognise him. The Colonel is now in a wheelchair and had to be carried from the car to the wheelchair. His hands had curled (presumably because of arthritis).

I know that Cardinal Okogie has had leg problems since the early 2000s and I know that in recent times he has had to be assisted (for example, in recent years, he has had to ride on a pick-up truck during Corpus Christi processions), but I was shocked to see him walking with a cane. He still recognised me (he used to bring the sweetest cakes to my house when I was a kid). It seems the walk took a toll on him. That's when I realised . . .we are all getting old!
Damn right...niggi you old! cheesy
Re: God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign by Rossikk(m): 8:06am On Feb 12, 2013
jas_o: It is not about white manipulating black is about the quality and reality of the faith. it can not be entrust on black because black is design to loot and destroy. Have you ever seen black Jesus or Muhammed? Have a rethink and be content with what is yours.

You've just shown you have the IQ of a mosquito. Dumb, stupi.d, inferiorized PEABRAIN SLAVE.

God knows how an ignorant DUNCE like you even manages to type words.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any African Who Accepts Foreign Religion, Christianity Or Islam Is A Traitor ? / Finally! I Found Jewsus! / CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.