Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,909 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61427 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
OK
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by vision2050: 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
Confirm story...........
Latest Scores
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi resigns
one day after winning Super Eagles
the 2013 Afcon title
The Nigerian coach has submitted his
resignation to the Nigerian Football
Federation, after a dramatic falling out, and
states that he will not change his mind
By Ernest Makhaya
Feb 11, 2013 6:17:00 PM
The Nigerian football
fraternity was dealt with
a huge blow on Monday
evening, when their
coach Stephen Keshi
announced his
resignation from his job
as the coach of the
national team, just less
than 24 hours after he
guided the Super Eagles
to Afcon glory at the
National Stadium.
Keshi claims that he was sacked prior to their
quarterfinal clash against Ivory Coast, because
apparently the Nigerian Football Federation
booked a plane back to Nigeria as soon as
they found out that they will play Ivory Coast.
However, Keshi claimed on Metro FM that he
heard about the arrangement made by the
NFF after the Mali game, and that he did not
want to take it to mind as it would have
affected his teams preparations.
Keshi’s resignation letter still has to be
discussed by the NFF, and the coach says he is
unlikely to change his mind, because he
believes that NFF did not trust and respect his
tactics as a coach.
The coach did tell Goal.com a few days before
the final, that he would ' pack his bags and
leave' if he felt he was not wanted, and it is a
surprising turn of events after the coach was
highly praised from all quarters.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Gbenge77(m): 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
Keshi has always maintaned that he is still building a formidable team,although success came quite soon.Why would he resign if he is still building?or,isnt that a bit contradictory?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by GentleSmiles: 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mtchewww!!!! undecided undecided
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by durtman: 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
Donmeca: Cowardice! What are his advisers thinking? GEJ will call him and ask NFF to get him a better condition of service? He can ask for that in a formal way not this blackmail.

The same way he was on d wings. . .waiting for Siasia to b sacked, that's how others were waiting for him to lose and b sacked and he didn't help matters with his first 3 matches. So he shudn't blame NFF for preparing a sack letter waiting for him to lose to CIV.

My advise: he shud go back to his job and negotiate for an improved contract. . .not blackmailing NFF cos d ovation seems to be loud and in his favour.
pride don dey set in, typical nigerian attitude does he want us to be begging him or what if he wants better condition he can negotiate dat and if nff is not ready to do so we will all know not cutting short our celebration with issues he cant even wait until after the president will welcome dem na wa o na only God type no dey 1 million type of man dey dis world, if he think hes d super star there re 1million pple out there that will do better

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by aieromon(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
I believe he's using this as a bargaining chip. He worked with Amodu and was booted out,twice after qualifying Nigeria for the World Cup.

Blow your trumpet,brother because I never believed in you. You made me proud.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by gratiaeo(m): 7:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
The NNF own by Hausas, what do you expect? The big boss have make his impact
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by kalunomics(m): 7:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
mmmustapha: Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell
That's very harsh! u shouldn't have said that bro.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by scram(m): 7:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ehen? Ok. But fans sha undecided
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Eazeee(m): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
eni mcnite: I believe the Super Chickens av finally developed into Eagles n any gud naija Coach cn continue from whr Keshi hs stopped...we nw av a consistent formation n a strategy dat wrks well...so Keshi cn use his current status to secure a job in Europe! grin

if datz how things work den Ex Egyptian Coach wud hav been appointed d Coach of Arsenal by now. Ibos n pride, common nation cup dat even Zambia won b4
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tbaba1234: 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
More links:

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has resigned from his job after leading the Super Eagles to their first Africa Nations Cup triumph in 19 years, but says he is waiting for the Federation's response.

Speaking to a popular South African radio show on Monday evening, Keshi explained that he handed in his resignation letter after the Cup Final on Sunday night.

"I gave them (NFF) my letter of resignation immediately after last night's game, but I haven't heard from them yet," Keshi told Metro FM on Monday night.

The statement sent shockwaves across social media platforms, with many fans on twitter saying how surprised they were to hear this.

MTNFootball is currently chasing the Nigeria Fotball Federation (NFF) to hear their side of the story and what their response will be.

Eagles spokesman Ben Alaiya told MTNFootball.com: "I don't have such an information."

While another top NFF official categorically denied that Keshi has quit, insisting that it is just a rumour.

http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/african-cup-of-nations/special-reports/2013/feb/11-keshi-resigns-awaits-nff-response.html
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by babadey(m): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
mikeuz:

Mumu wetin NFF do now? He resigned not sacked

Na u be 1st class mumu...can't u read? Or ur brain can't comprehend?. Go back and read wella. Stewpid
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by remzytimer: 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
I think NFF should agree with all his term now that he has proved his capability, he was short paid to what they say SIASIA...we love d team and d coach, we should learn to do things right.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
1ST NA POPE NOW NA KESHI
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ifihearam: 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
Good move keshi,its always best to take a bow when the ovation is high.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by aieromon(m): 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
durtman:
pride don dey set in, typical nigerian attitude does he want us to be begging him or what if he wants better condition he can negotiate dat and if nff is not ready to do so we will all know not cutting short our celebration with issues he cant even wait until after the president will welcome dem na wa o na only God type no dey 1 million type of man dey dis world, if he think hes d super star there re 1million pple out there that will do better

Please don't blame him. We've had foreign coaches that spent more time in their countries than ours and were paid millions. We've also had "carpenters" that dropped resignation letter via email. Remember that Keshi was owed up to three months salary before the AFCON. This man saw how Amodu was prevented from taking Nigeria to the world cup having worked with him.

In the words of Taribo,"when you employ monkeys to do a job,you get peanuts as your result".
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by aribisala0(m): 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
I am sure Keshi can get a better paying job with less stress abroad. I do not believe he is being proud or bargaining. The NFF are not an easy bunch to work with. Did they not admit they had not paid him for months recently. Meanwhile they accepted with pleasure all the crap Bertie Vogts shovelled their way with nothing to show for it. A man that refused to reside in NIgeria and refused to turn up without pay.
We need to sort out the NFF once and for all. Keshi can now name his price to serious FAs
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by TBD(m): 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
What an awful news this evening.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by tiwasiaife(m): 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
ochukoccna: I RESPECT KESHI FOR THIS MOVE
Even before we played Ivory Coast, it was been openly discussed on Tv & radio that Nigeria was going to get a foreign coach to replace him
NFF and the impatient 9ja football fans are the TRUE ENEMIES of football in this country
So many celebrating now hid their daggers to kill him should he fail
Good move BIG BOSS
My broda the same thing will happen to Gej come 2015 cos el-rufai and co will hif their faces in shame and Nigerians will turn and ask him to contest cos the lesser devil we knw is better than the worst demon we have associated with in the past.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by rastamouse: 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
This is a very dangerous move from Keshi. Blackmail never work on intelligent people. Watching as things unfold!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by brilapluz(m): 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
ochukoccna: I RESPECT KESHI FOR THIS MOVE
Even before we played Ivory Coast, it was been openly discussed on Tv & radio that Nigeria was going to get a foreign coach to replace him
NFF and the impatient 9ja football fans are the TRUE ENEMIES of football in this country
So many celebrating now hid their daggers to kill him should he fail
Good move BIG BOSS
u too much..wat an intellectual reasoning..sum people dont tink b4 airing deir comments..dis is d same man dat was almost sackd if he had lost 2 civ..now he wants 2 resign because he was not wantd and people r callin it 'pride'..wat a country!

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Built2last: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
I strongly support Keshi. It was the spirit of patrotism that kept him going. NFF and the whole country turned their backs on him when he needed it most.I am very sure he will never look for a job.he has the whole of African football now as his campus....those mallams in NFF should continue bleeping themselves. In my opinion, its not about the money. Its about proving your critics wrong and exiting when the ovation is loudest. Weldone Keshi

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by gratiaeo(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
durtman:
You are a Yoruba right? Double standard! No wonder you didn't demand an apology from NNF before spiting your venom.
So soon you have forgotten that your brother Gbenga Odapotun is part of this problem
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Suljosh: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
mmmustapha: Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell
God p.u.n.i.s.h u and ur generations, Zap.i.n.g f.u.c.t.a.r.d. Ur mate are in prison s.t.u.p.i.d I.n.g.r.a.t.e
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Niiade(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Business man Keshi
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by BlackBaron: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Shocking stuff... angry
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by vision2050: 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
It is time for him to eat the fruit of his labour....... Good move anyway naija still remain the same
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by dukenestor(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
Good move d big boss. Dis is d rite n proper tym 2 tel d whole world hw stupid d NFF is,nw al eyez wil b on dem. 4uck NFF
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by shamson: 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
Is good that he stops his dancing steps when the ovation/beat loud most.though no one give him any chance but the stock of problem/challenges nigeria coaches face in the hand of those inexperience administrator at the glass house is enough for any coach to fail.
I think is rich enough to safe his honor/dignity for his family and unborn generation before being dragged in nigeria mess

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Neymar, World's Most Expensive Player Braves Nude In -157°C Ice Chamber(Photos). / What's Going On With Ronaldo And Juventus? / Victor Osimhen's Inlaws Call Him Out Over Debts Of €69,000 & $439,000USD (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.